Damnation is DEAD

Damnation is DEAD

What does it say in human language?

>creatures lose indestructible until end of turn
>destroy all creatures
Is that right?

I think "All creatures lose indestructible until EoT, Destroy all creatures."

All creatures lose indestructible until eot.
Destroy all creatures.

What if I'm playing indestructible creatures and want to only blow up my opponents side of the board

Damnation lives

But what if you play with creature that regenerate themselves and only want to blow up your opponents side of the board.

Hour of Devastation lives.

4 mana wrath is pretty cool, but the question on everyone's mind is: what does the flavor text say, though?

>Huehuehue en dingo

That's what I can read from it.

Something alongs the lines of

"No one is worthy"
Nicol Bolas - God Pharaoh

sauce? this isn't on any of the spoiler websites

I'm kinda wanting to see what the art of this is like properly, when its not shitty artifacted and in spanish

Nenhum é digno.

>yeah, what it said in english

None are worthy.

I think Bolas was trying to farm planewalkers to steal their spark. No Amonkhet planewalker yet, that is unlike what Wizard would do.

It was spoiled some minutes ago. Give it time.

The only reason I am inclined to believe it is that it's in Portuguese and the fucking Brazilians have been the first ones to leak the last like three sets.

I honestly don't believe it's real, because even if they reprinted damnation it would be at mythic, and a stronger damnation for the same mana cost is so unlikely that it's basically gauranteed to be fake.

>four mana sweeps in standard
Lolno, this is something they've expressly said they won't be doing anymore.

>Dawn to dusk kills every aggro creature deck in the format

>It's 4 mana

You are just fucking dellusional and repeating shit you heard somewhere else.

I wouldn't be so certain. All wrath effects they have printed have been at rare, and a wrath one turn earlier, while certainly a lot stronger, doesn't necessarily equate to mythic-levels of rarity.

Plus, when they were talking about cards being more powerful in the future, this is the set where they said we'll start noticing it. I mean, shit, nobody thought we'd have something like fatal push at 1 mana uncommon, but here we are.

>highly conditional 4-mana spell is anything LIKE what OP posted, or Supreme Verdict, or even just Wrath
If you listen very carefully you can probably hear me rolling my eyes at you.

I kinda feel like you're the OP grasping at straws.

no es fake

>standard is enlightened by creature & sorcery lives matter, doing away with instant-speed privilege that ruined mtg in the past
>bigoted constructed players who don't understand equality demand better answers and """interaction"""
>wotc caves and prints a 4cmc wrath again
classic fascism

time to sell my damnation

Well, I'm not the OP, and that's not a criticism at all, so hey. Guess we're getting damnation, my dude.

sorry but I 100% believe his this is a typical Brazilian lie

it already exists. sorta.
damnation makes it so regenerate doesn't kick in
this mysterious card makes it so they can't evade destruction through indestructible, though regeneration can still take effect

Fuck you, /pol/tard!

nicol bolas

the man , the myth, the legend

they phased out regeneration and have replaced it with temporary indestructible, which means that this (fake) card is functionally a reprint of Damnation

Is there even a single creature with regeneration that's relevant in any format? Meanwhile there are a handful of indestructible cards that are played competitively.

>Nicol Bolas showing up to save Standard.

What a bro

it also hits a flavor point in the set, because it destroys the gods too. the flavor text says "None are worthy"

they only phased out regenerate for new cards. older cards still use the "regenerate" keyword.

sure, but that's not at all relevant for Standard, because those cards don't exist in Standard, which means that for the purposes of Standard this new card is actually doing what Damnation does . it's a Standard-legal version of Damnation

also as someone else pointed out it's probably just strictly better than Damnation cause I don't think any cards with regeneration see competitive play anywhere

You aren't wrong about that. There is one card in Standard I can think of with the keyword, but it's just shit so nobody really bothers with it. But as soon as that set rotates out it literally won't matter then.

Yeah, due to elves and other decks that have ways to regenerate, while indestructible is pretty niche, it's unlikely this card will see much play outside of standard where it's nice to have a turn 4 board wipe instead of a turn 5.

If it's cheap most people are going to run it instead of dropping 200-250€ on damnations.

The Theros God-Killer.

Yeah, it being budget damnation is more or less a given.

Only if they are animated.
Kills the Amonkhet ones though, guaranteed.

Ezuri in elves. That's about it.

It's because WotC is actively trying to phase out Regenerate and replace it with temporary Indestructibility to make it easier for newer/shittier players to grasp.

>Todas as criaturas perde
>criaturas perde
Alguém manda isso de volta pra gráfica.

>the man

Unnatural Endurance and Birthing Hulk from OGW also had regeneration. I can't remember anything after that.

I doubt a card like this won't have the story watermark.

That plus no card ever has used the set's key art.

>perde
that can't be right.

No way they would let that pass. It should be 'perdem'. It's basic portuguese.

You know this artwork looks nice and all but something really bugs me.
Look at the two lighter obelisks, the one closest to Bolas.
Look at where they meet his wings. They go OVER the edges of his wings, like the artist made a mistake with their layers in the final render.

There's a typo ("perde" should be "perdem"), and the text lacks a space between paragraphs

>Removes indestructible
>Then kills
>Gideon's special ability across all his cards is that he becomes a dude with indestructible

RIP Gideon, we hardly gave ye character development.

Also, it probably should read: "Ninguém é digno" instead of "Nenhum é digno."

>kill you even if you can't be killed

>gonna kill gideon with the sorcery speed wrath

K

Here is what it says:

Hour of Devastation
Sorcery

All creatures lose indestructible until EoT, destroy all creatures.

Source:me

>What is Quicken
>Certainly not a spell a grixis mage would cast

>4CMC wrath in current standard
Seems fishy

You're not gonna fucking run Quicken.

You're LITERALLY not gonna run Quicken in standard and you're still not gonna fucking run quicken in modern because Gideon is niche as fuck in modern and what the fuck else could possibly be worth dicking around spending extra mana for instant speed?

>Selfless Spirit still works just fine.

How

>people spend 30 dlrs in damnation after reprint because it's finally "cheap"
>print another 4 cmc black wrath shortly afterwards

Lmao what a kick in the nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if this makes damnation drop even more.

Pretty sure this has already been confirmed fake.

We have never had a card that used the promo art and never had a card that shared a name with its own set.
Fake as fuck.

I think it doesn't.
>1. Your opponent casts Hour of Devastation
>2. In response you sacrifice Selfless Spirit
>Selfless Spirit's ability resolves, all is indestructible
>Hour of Devastation resolves, all is dead

Unless you can use Selfless Spirit between Hour of Devastation resolving and your shit actually dying I don't know how you'd pull this off.

Does it say 071/154 or 023/154?
One means its fake the other that it might be reel.

You don't.

It wouldn't do anything.

There's a 1 black drop that saves a creature though from this on akh

Fake, text should be centered.

>regeneration
>2017

Maybe he was a dragon man.

Conflux was in Conflux.

Maybe he was just a dragon

To be fair people ran quicken with Supreme verdict in RTR Theros standard. It's a moot point since they won't print quicken though.