Pathfinder General /pfg/

Operator Dad edition

Does your character have a family at home that they adventure for?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/53470847#top

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xIdRnyjYglnAOIzn38j4LYqwKfSalfs8pN5zJRJRYUI/edit
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
youtube.com/watch?v=ny24zPeQLks
youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm way behind, where is the best place to look for starfinder details?

No use, the game sucks.

updates and news bits seem to be all over the place although that said I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a doc or something with links to various starfinder stuff in it.

Yes, because they are a good and caring daddy

I want to romance a drow!

But user... I want to romance (you)

post drow you want to romance!

Reminder that only celeb apps will get into Ensoulment.

>docs.google.com/document/d/1xIdRnyjYglnAOIzn38j4LYqwKfSalfs8pN5zJRJRYUI/edit

This guys is constantly up to date on every scrap of starfinder info and leak that comes out. Always updates within a day of news coming out.

> Amanda: “Body Slots” have been shifted to “Body Systems.’ We will have 7-8 body systems for Core. It doesn’t matter if its magic or cybernetic, you can plug only one thing into your eyes, for example. There is room for new body systems and biotech as more books come out.

> Some of the modifications you can get: There will be necromantic slots where you can get undead body parts; biotech that is gen-engineered or pulled in from other creatures like dragons; and cybernetic creations.

> For most of them, the surgery will be part of the cost. If you buy implants, the person you buy them from will install them in you.

>Ensoulment is just an opportunity for the plebs to play with the gods

CURRENTLY RECRUITING:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way

Not if I figure out protags exact fetishes and gender. No one is immune to dickbait / estrogenbait! Not even the cabal!

>biotech that is gen-engineered or pulled in from other creatures like dragons

>mfw we outfit ourselves with the flesh of proto-gods floating in the cosmos
>mfw we are become as gods

Exactly. For one little scene, a small session, you'll get to bask in the glory of the greats.

And then you're gone.

Poor user. That just means you'll be stuck in the whorehouse.

Now you can truly say this hand of mine glows with an awesome power.

Except DHB because he's anti-cabal.

ITS BURNING GRIP TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU

>you'll get to bask in the glory of the greats

You... You do realize like 3/4ths of those "greats" would happily RP with you if you just PMed THEM?

ERUPTING BURNING FINGER!!!

HEAT END!

Yes....who over time have turned into a family that adventures with and without him.

youtube.com/watch?v=ny24zPeQLks

>>docs.google.com/document/d/1xIdRnyjYglnAOIzn38j4LYqwKfSalfs8pN5zJRJRYUI/edit

Can we please have this be part of the /pfg/ copypasta until the game comes out?

I don't want to ERP.

>burning finger
>on the shining finger sword line

Then propose something cute and non-lewd!

sure, if i'm around to the next thread, i'll add it

Well, maybe that just means you meet your parents while out on the job

Also, I realize there is some concern about ranged weapons since Obo's character sheet was seen but that's not going to stop me from making Destiny style guns. I mean, imagine knocking over some super stong undead monster and making a gun out of it's bones?

The shining finger sword line is actually specifically 'TAKE THIS, MY LOVE, MY ANGER, AND ALL OF MY SORROW', so the burning finger was actually correct.

Incorrect, Erupting Burning Finger is 'ITS LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO GRASP VICTORY', this should have been shining finger, not shining finger sword, just shining finger.

Then have your characters hang out and be bros, or survive some dungeon-/wilderness-based peril together!

How about you fuck off instead?

Thank you good person-senpai!

Burning finger isn't "glows with an awesome power" and "burning grip" though. Burning Finger is "This hand of mine is burning red! It's load roar tells me to grasp victory!"

That seems pretty stupid. I would rather do something better, like play a TTRPG.

You're right.

This was a fucked up shining finger chant, we all suck

ORE NO KONO TE GA MAKKA NI MOERU!
SHOURI O TSUKAMETO TODOROKI SAKEBU!

BAKUNETSU
GOD
FINGER

HEAT END

Th-the whorehouse?

Well then why the hell do you play anyway? Why not just play vidya if you don't want to explore how your character could interact with others?

What's with your bizarre escalation? Are you a celeb who feels mildly threatened at people calling out the bullshit culture?

>and making a gun out of it's bones?

Eoxian Bone-Sages literally do this.

What if I am the parents on the job?

You heard him, if you present yourself as the ultimate hussy than you shouldn't be surprised when Protag treats you like a hussy.

>What if I am the parents on the job?

Reminds me of one of my favorite characters, an aging Mercenary type that's out making some extra cash for a bigger house since his wife's a touch too fertile, if you catch my meaning.

I suppose I can never come up with anything that isn't done already

Well then, you tell your children they are doing a good job and to remember to be professional.

>a robot could wear speed enhancing magical boots
>a human with robot legs cannot wear the same boots

>I suppose I can never come up with anything that isn't done already

No no, it's something I'm hyped about too. They've even got armor that looks and feels like bone.

Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere.

But then your robot legs could give you a speed boost, why else would you get them? I imagine the trade off is that robo-bro can take the boots off while your legs are permanent

You can almost hear the souls of the people slaved to it that power the armor and act as it's AI!

All stand for the Eoxian national anthem.

youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg

Depends, what special features did the robot have in their legs to begin with? And since the magic item does give the robot a speed boost, why can't they boost the speed in a cyborg?

Or what if you got arms with claw attacks, but now you can't wear Str boosting bracers?

Seems weird to still have body slots at all instead of just a total limit on how many enhancements you can have. If someone wants robo-feet with magical boots why the fuck not?

I don't know. I'm just going off the idea that magic and technology are essentially interchangable so maybe you have magitech legs that do the same thing as the boots or allows for an additional upgrade that lets you do something like that

How drunk do you think I'd have to be to run a Sword Based Artistry in an Online Multiplayer Environment game

I'm thinking Oneshot, Path of War only.

Pretty fucking drunk I'm betting.

>Path of War only
As much as it sounds good in theory, in practice...

It seems ideal for a poorly designed trapped in an mmo death game

>A family at home
How about a family that adventures with you?

Isn't that what CMB is anyway?

It's just an attack roll.

Fuck, you're actually right.
>mfw memories of nat 20 x4 crit to the face and ORKO in rusty shanktown come back to mind

Counters are your friend.

Apparently the shirren do this but yeah why not?

Counters don't work against nat 20s

I want to play that dad.

Surely things will be fine, r-right?

>marrying c@

Why?

He's a dork knight. Of course he's going to marry some trashy sunc@

>the party is facing undead miners
>they're skeletons weilding pickaxes
>their leader is a skeletal champion with his big ole' pickaxe
>party instantly calls bullshit because pickaxes are x4 crit weapons and that the fight is unfair because a crit means they'll die

You're in fucking combat, death can happen.

Are vorpal weapons absolute trash?

You're right, cats are pump and dumps

What's wrong with a Cat Wife?

Fight at range?

>Fuck Cat
>Marry Wolf
>Kill Rat

>implying getting 100-0'd is ever fun

You don't know how it feels when the DM laughs as he rolls the attacks and 20 after 20 starts rolling. ...5 critical hits in one combat

t. Rory.

They're clearing out a mine where the mine had broken into a series of underground chambers that caused the undead.

So tight corridors.

So, this may be a stupid question, but what is the most mechanically sound way to be a dude with a gun in Pathfinder? 1pp only, but all 1pp sources available.

Yes, I know gun's suck. How do you use them to the highest level you can anyways?

If it's Rory, wouldn't that make him gay for the C@

Y-you don't think GMs do that on purpose, do you?

That sounds even more advantageous for the players.

TELL ME ABOUT THAT CONCEPT.

THE ONE THAT DIED FROM A BAMBOOZLE, NO-SHOW OR >TFW NO GAME.

>Eoxian Bone-Sages
?
I am intrigued

Who do you think posts all that gnoll/c@ shit?

Stop being a bitch and play what you want to play.

That's why I want to use a gun, you jackass.

Just because I want to use something subpar doesn't stop me from wanting to go about it in the most mechanically viable way.

In Pathfinder canon, Eox is a hyper-advanced dead world ruled by immortal liches called Bone-Sages, they're extremely paranoid and each rules their own little fief on the barren world. Due to age and ability, the lowliest Bone Sage is still around CR 20.

In Starfinder, the Bone Sages are even more powerful, even more paranoid, and rule impressive expanses of territory as some freaky amalgamation between CEO and Duke. Their ships are crafted out of bone-metal and are designed to look like dead space corpses.

Liches from the world of Eox. They appear in pathfinder as well and they are the powers that be that work with the Pact Worlds (Eox is a member of the Pact)

Trench fighter +musketeer/luring cav if you don't like the deed system. Go spellscar drifter if you want cowboy.

That's pretty cool. It's too bad the leader of the Eoxians isn't some hivemind/voltron of demiliches that form one whole skeleton.

They probably have something that does that. I mean, they have monsters that eat undead after all and ships made out of metal designed to look like corpses that are open to vaccum.

The concept is cool but this design is really, really bad. Starfinder's aesthetic is so far awful.

Undersstandable, thankfully there is plenty of art from other media to help fill the gap.

What's so bad about it?

Does this guy have a name?

No, but /pfg/ just calls him Thean Tagonist.

Thanks bud.

Steve.