So, vampires in space?

So, vampires in space?

If I was undead and could fly, I'd go chat up NASA about doing a grand tour of the solar system.

I mean, if your ability to fly can produce thrust, you can go anywhere.

I'm sure we could nerd up some math about all that.

An insulated suit would probably be needed.

Yes, go to the place where you can't easily escape from the sun.

You deserve to be crucified facing Eastwards.

This is why Liches are better.

>So, vampires in space?

Vampires can't go into space: it's constantly exposed to the sun's rays and radiation.
They'd almost assuredly die from that, but even if they didn't; they could and would still die from that, uhhh... That fucking process where the pressure is all wrong, you're in a vacuum, and you simultaneously boil and explode.

People pass out within a few seconds and then peacefully die from exposure, but a Vampire would have the horrifying pleasure of being conscious while the inside of their body exploded.

And furthermore, there's no blood in space. You can send some blood packs up with the ship, sure, but they will go bad before nonperishable food will. And if you're the kind of vampire that needs blood fresh from the human source, you're out of luck.

It's a cool idea and you should ignore the faggots who have only put thought into why you can't have fun rather than coming up with solutions

Note that you probably need a spaceship anyway to haul (depending on vampire) a coffin with dirt from your homeland, loadsablood, and most importantly, transmission data and sensors.

Even if you're basically just a thirsty zombie with no needs, you'd need those sensors and equipment- no one wants to rely on the vampire flying back over hundreds of years to relate what they saw word-of-mouth.

So you need a spaceship that the vamp can push around. Ideally one that is light enough to be carried to and from orbit.

Rather than a traditional spaceship, a 'string' of smaller satellites and equipment might be the way to go

Maybe it's like the golden lands. What she really is saying is when a vampire gets so old s to have nothing they fly up til they dust in space.

Same user:: sounds like a conspiracy theory in the making. "The aurora borialis is actually the ash of ancient vampires... And it grows every year"

>This is why Liches are better.

On that note: I'm making a personal note to use "Space Lich" as a high level encounter now.

I like and or am horrified of the idea of some bored, ancient, alien-lich-skeleton gently, casually, floating down from the fucking night sky.
They've used their magic to travel hundreds of light years in the span of a few decades and they've finally found another "appropriately fantasy world" to fuck around with.

I'm also gonna use this as another excuse to make my setting more anachronistic: aliens, space liches, everybody just comin' on down over the centuries with their bullshit meta-knowledge and then getting slain by adventurers or the common cold cause they're too cocky to do their homework.

If I remember right, in this case, the vampire is said to be part of a subspecies unable to sleep and that fades out of sight when exposed to sun. They then attack others because they are so insane from lack of sleep and the blood helps. That said, they seem to lack many powers besides strength, flight, trippy body shifting, and seeing souls for the learned. Still have the weakness to holy symbols, and can get their shit kicked normally when not in a pack. For example, a previous page had one poor bastard blinded by having his eyes cut open with a page of a polymorphed intelligent spellbook. Other examples include being chewed on by a werewolf, and getting shot with a nail gun.

In my setting(s) there are always Liches on the Moon.
They are in a state of constant warfare for lunar dominance.
The war started before recorded history, and has always been ongoing. Ordinary citizens of the world below it are completely unaware of these wars... as far as they know, the moon just, occasionally, is streaked with blue lightning, or big red explosions, or long green lines that draw new, interesting abstract shapes onto it's surface. Right now, it looks a bit like a duck. though some argue it looks like a rabbit, but those people are morons.

>getting shot with a nail gun.
Didn't the resident wizard magic up those nails or something?

The lunar lich wars are ongoing, complex, and ever-changing: basically, after a mortal ascends to lichdom, they start to feel a very faint, almost imperceptible pulling to go to the moon. It's a very weak calling, one which the average lich can ignore for years, decades even, or, for a rare outlier who sequesters themselves away in the deepest corners of a dungeon, centuries... but eventually, they all go. and when they do, well, it's highlander rules for the most magically potent creatures in the solar system. New liches will find themselves a place to set up a base, fabricating castles, or excavating vast networks of tunnels into which they build secret laboratories.
And then... out of pride, or greed, or wrath... the liches go to war against their fellow skeletal magi. These wars can include single-combatant engagements, or vast hordes of crafted golems and elementals attempting to destroy the lich and all they have created on the moon.

Of course, few liches transplant their phylactery to the moon when they go, which means that if they get killed on the moon, they respawn on the world below, and then have to prepare for the long trek back to the moon for revenge.

Well yeah, but likely not to make it hurt more than getting a nail stuck in you.

Now imagine someone doing a ritual to reverse things so that it repels you from the moon instead. All those liches descending to the world below.

>what is torpor
You don't think vampires just drink blood for show, do you? You need it if you want to stay active, sempai.

>In my setting(s) there are always Liches on the Moon.
>They are in a state of constant warfare for lunar dominance.
This is so fucking rad it isn't fair.

I respect how radical this is too much to steal it. Holy fucking shit.

In case you haven't seen it, here's a one sheet vampires-in-space RPG.

>space lich
Russian space lich?