mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

These guys were the moment I lost my excitement for the Primaris releases.

Then they almost rekindled it with the Dreadnought and I thought those things were just a hideous fluke.

And then we got better perspective shots of the Dread and it too looks kind of weird and dumb from a normal angle.

I don't think I'll be wasting money on a Primaris army on the side, I'll keep buying shit for my Skitarii and GSC thanks.

Few new pics of Chodenought.

How many Primaris marines would it take to bring down this guy?

The three quarters angle is pretty flattering. If it looked like that from all angles I think we'd be seeing less complaint.

Shamelessly reposting my main thoughts on Nid synapse because I was enjoying where this discussion was going when the last thread died;

Well, Swarmlord implies that synapse creatures are sorta "citizens" of the hive mind, in that they have distinct mental patterns and can develop to fill their role in the swarm. Be stored and grown a new body if needed.

But I wouldn't expect the Swarmlord or a random Zoanthrope to be able to hold a conversation, just to have the skillsets needed to fill their role without the hive mind as a whole constantly micromanaging them. They are vectors for efficient multitasking, nothing more.

A Zoan can identify a tank, pop it with a psychic blast and direct some Hormagaunts to eat the crew without needing to stop to poll a trillion of it's friends first.

It's infuriating how it looks really good from some angles but fat and dumpy like some misshapen obese man with a fanny pack from others.

Looks pretty cool from that angle. I suspect a lot of people will up-armor their legs to make them look less top heavy.

You misnamed the thread, should be Warhammer Age of Guilliman General, OP.

if you took the central armored plate and moved it up to cover the coffin slit it would look more balanced and less like a beer gut imo

So happy to not be a Marine player. The Primaris models and the Death Guard models look so fucking bad. The mutants look even worse all them smiles.

I'm laughing now but it's actually got me worried about future model releases. Who knows what garbage they will do after dropping the ball so hard on their poster boys.

How much bigger are those than Contemptors?

I think the Death Guard stuff mostly looks excellent. The few bits on them I dislike can be easily fixed with simple conversions.

The Primaris on the other hand are just awful outside of the basic Tacticus Armour guys.

Seriously, even if the lore wasn't fuckawful, all the bigmarine models aside from the basic bolter guys are trash.

Basically the legs are a little too skinny comparatively. Bulk them out a bit and he'll look great.

I might add a few of these once I figure out what I want to do with my wolves.

Still can't choose a great company. I'm torn across Blood Maws, The Sons of Morraki, Death Wolves, the Storm Wolves, Drake Slayers, Black Manes, Fire Howlers, and Grimbloods.

Things shall get loud eventually, hopefully.

The backs sold me on these guys.

The plasma guys look good too but then they're literally just the basic guys with a different weapon... also the "all members of a squad have the same weapon" shit really bothers me, I want to take a squad with 3 bolt rifles, an auto bolt rifle and a plasma incinerator so they can feel tacticool and shit. Why would they dumb it down so hard?

>Primaris announced
>Intercessors and Hellblasters look great
>hear current marines can be "upgraded to Chads
>talk of current marines being phased out
>ohshit.webm
>see Inceptors and Captian in Gravy armor
>wtf
>see Chadnought
>mfw no longer concerned marines could be replaced by this shit

Looks like Taushit, not gothic Imperial design.

Moreover a model looking better from one angle doesn't justify it looking like total shit from the front.

That's it, I'm going to start emperor's children for 8th.

I've already picked up a bunch of random models on eBay.
Lots of chaos marines
Cultists
Two damaged old obliterators
Sorcerer termie

I'm going to pick up some cheap as fuck terminators, a rhino and but a start collecting kit and no one can stop me.

seekers, daemonettes and a herald too!

>got back into the hobby for 8th
>playing Tyranids/GSC
>probably eventually gonna get some Imperial Guard allies for my GSC
>mfw thinking about the 200+ MINIMUM troops that I'll have to paint between Guard, GSC, and Tyranids

Should I just kill myself now?

>>Intercessors and Hellblasters look great
>bland armor without any details
>monopose
>looks great

Just pick a simple paint scheme. You don't need to fully edge highlight every trooper.

Kill like 1 cc of your body a day. You'll get there eventually.

>>bland armor without any details

They're basic troops.
Tactical Marines aren't caked with shit either.

>>monopose

They're starter set models.

Only the ones in the starter set are monopose you dumbass. They're getting a real multipose kit after the edition launches. And their armour has more detail than the existing Tac Marines, and is still compatible with shoulder pads from the conversion kits.

>tfw play blood angels and sisters
>tfw there isn't a big enough JUST to represent me

If it were long range fire support dreadnought I could have understood that frontal armour. But the fact that it's suppose to punch stuff in melee with half a Rhino under its chin is just stupid, it can't see anything right in front of it.
There could have been a way around that if there were some camera's attached under the front, but there doesn't even seem to be a single lens anywhere on the model.
And then those skinny legs and tiny feet !

Real shame, because the powerfist looks amazing. Too bad the model attached to it looks like trash.

Make your own.

So they aren't a straight upgrade replacement for regular marines. If you want flexible and tactical you use marinelets. If you want to flex and say "brah" and "do you know who my father is?" you play primaris.

>Blood Angels get massive amounts of Primarines
>just

I don't get it.

The mutants are fucking adorable

They've gone back to the old heresy days of special weapon squads it seems

Leviathan size, a bit shorter but wider.

>They're basic troops.
So what?
Also, captain too doesn't have any interesting details.
>And their armour has more detail than the existing Tac Marines,
Yeah be cause they are larger, yet still sterile and Halo-tier generic as fuck

Anyone got the rules for the plague marine lord with the bell and the sorcerer?

>If you want flexible and tactical you use marinelets.
Marinelets look like shit which is why I don't play Marines now. I was considering starting them with the Primaris as a small side-army but if there's only one good looking unit in the whole force then fuck it, I'll stick with my main armies.

I already own the daemons so I guess they can babysit, assuming they don't become terrible.

Yikes. They must pack some serious rip and tear.

Oh that's a good idea. is there a generator?

That's pretty much my feelings on it. At most, I might use the basic infantry versions for something, but honestly I'm kind of relieved.

Oh my god.

Primaris marine squads are space marine aspect hosts.

Where did blue boy pick up this idea from?!

Space marine legions

Not enough.

Sorta.

No weapons really bigger than a normal dread but they suck tons of small guns on it.

It's the same fists Kastellan robots have.

>So what?

So basic troops don't come with lots of extra shit on their armour.

>Also, captain too doesn't have any interesting details.

He's got as much as most generic captains.

>Leviathan size
Wait, what?? They're that fucking big? Jesus christ I just wanted a slight upsize from a normal dread.

>Missiles out the ass
>dat minigun
>dat underslung mini-minigun

Release this shit already GW, Im buying 3!.

More like make tau obsolete
Gonna make all aliens irrelevant

GW is doing transformers now?

Clearing up some confusion from the end of the last thread.

There will be free pdfs of the current armies.

>>The free PDF version of the following books will be sectioned up among faction lines, but the paper ones are going to be the mashups listed below.

Armies of the Imperium: Exactly what it says on the cover, a splash of lore and datasheets for every imperial unit in the game.

Armies of chaos: The spiky version of the above.

Armies of Xenos: Split up among proper faction lines (Eldar, Tau, Necron, Nids), and containing datasheets and rules for the rest.

A galaxy in flames: Art and fluff book. Brings everyone up to speed on the setting, pushing the story forward by a few weeks and setting up the opening of a AoS style narrative campaign.

Can I take a librarian dreadnought from the blood angles, slap some black paint on it, and field it with my deathwatch army? You can play as one in the dw rpg. So I guess that makes it sort of cannon lore wise. But I was wondering if it was legal to field on the table.

Those marines look so much better in my opinion.

So I only need to pirate the points costs?

>no Orks or GSC.

Poor sods

>But I was wondering if it was legal to field on the table.

It is, in 7th it makes your army unbound and in 8th you substract -1 Command Point to your army.

If you squint you can almost see a deffdred.

I know, right?

I have nothing against the look of Mark X armour, but the physical models look really awkward with their more realistic proportions. It doesn't fit the art style at all, makes them look like gangly legged tiny headed weirdos.

what are the rules for reserves?

do we have epubs for the gathering storm?

I am extremely happy that Primaris Marines, while good - do very different things.

I was worried that there would be super duper assault marines with giant fucking eviscerator chainswords that would make my assault marines and death company redundant.

Perfectly legal! Just pick faction Astartes or faction imperial instead of faction deathwatch.

Lets see if you stupid fucks can redeem yourselves.

Gork or Mork?

sauce on that hentai

It's funny that GW is putting so much effort into making their stuff more generic.

Looks like it should be a third party model.

user these are the shooty Primes
Wait for the punchy Primes wielding 2 Eviscerators !

Just wait.

>what are the rules for reserves?
Different for every single unit. Anything with the ability to start in Reserves and arrive will have specific bespoke rules for it on their datasheet. You can no longer keep things in Reserves that don't have a rule that allows them to.

Could you post this in every general for the next 2 weeks? People are still having issue understanding they are not a replacement for current marines. They are just a different option.

Yes. But you may miss out an a few army bonuses a truly specialized DW army would have.

The new dread looks great, sorry that you guys hate the new style but so far I'm hooked on all of the new models.

Mork, because he's implied to be the goblin god whilst Gork is the orc god.

Man, 40k needs much more variety in grot units, you could easily run a fun and diverse solo goblin army in fantasy.

Assault marines are already redundant on account of assault being shit.

Eh, I already have a Tau army, so I don't really want a second one.

doh! should be a reply to

No more than half the army. You choose the turn they arrive. Anything that doesn't show up by turn 3 is considered destroyed.

First of all, PLAY WITH LOS BLOCKING TERRAIN

secondly, if you make the charge you will butcher the other unit

Assault is supposed to be high risk high reward

The first boy of the new and improved Purple Moon clan for the new edition, ready for stompin'!
How's he looking? First Ork I've painted since back in 5th edition

I wonder how strong they'll be in lore. I'd put my money on them easily putting down a Castraferrum or a regular Contemptor. Leviathan or a Contemptor-Achillus could probably stand toe to toe with them.

Probably cost about as much as a Riptide points wise if it's abilities fall between Castraferrum and Leviathan.

I'm guessing assault Primaris marines won't be using those weird hover jump-packs though. Those look really awkward to try and do close combat with.

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping assault primaris marines are on foot. Give them boarding shields and huge chainswords or something cool.

If I wanted third party or Tau models, I would buy those.

Hence my problem with the dread and some Primaris. Way too generic and Tau looking

While I hate the bigmarines, that dread is breddy gud

Hidden sergeants will help marines of all varieties a lot in assault.

And a back shot

I like it, user. More Ork players are always a boon for the community.

You allocate wounds, user
Sergeants lead from the front now

Compare a tau battle suit to the dread, it's not really the same at all.

The plasma cannon looks similar but that's literally all.

The new power fist is directly ripped from the adeptus mechanicus robots.

If the dread looks like anything, it looks like the robot from robocop.

If they can still re-roll their charge distance, they'll be pretty good at assaulting from deep-strike.

Looks like a solid tabletop quality Ork. Stick a black dot of paint on his slugga muzzle.

>if you make the charge you will butcher the other unit
>s4 ap-
Good laff m8

Today was a good day, tg.

I bet a leviathan would tear their ass several new asses in hand to hand. Levvies are kinda presented almost like a Eversor who happens to also be a two story fridge.

Would allocation is done entirely by targets choice.

Why are people saying assault sucks?

Orks and Nids are fucking scary now.