Pathfinder General /pfg/

The Inevitability of Pain Edition

Tell us about the moments in a campaign when you just KNEW something horrible was about to happen, either to your character or the plot, a real "what's the worst that could happen" moment.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5063385#post-5063385
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Someone give me a tasty run down of flower court apps. The celebrity apps!

Let's ignore the celebrity apps and instead go for the ones we know nothing about!

Who cares about those? They're already accounted for in the OP.

Give me a quick rundown on Niccolo Alverahtz!

Can't just do one group of apps. Gotta do all of them.

Self Pact's Attunement, while not necessarily "overpowered", is still overloaded as fuck and a hot load of nonsense. Discuss.

Why can't I be a Betrothed Self Pact Avowed? I want to marry myself, damn it!

Autistic weebs and how to get rid of them. Discuss.

Do you have an headaches you're worrying about in your game, /pfg/? The NPC crew we sent out to hunt a manticore fucked up again, and now I'm worried about having to do another rescue mission and/or having to crape up what's left of them. I'll be relieved if the party we sent is still in one piece, but the crew failing twice in a row doesn't bode confidence.

It's simple

ban self pact

ban dragon pact

's simple, k

Take that one feat for a familiar, make them a figment, then give them a humanoid shape that matches your own. Works best if you're a bakeneko tiefling though

Why Dragon? It's the generalist option.

Why do you guys gossip about someone else's game when they aren't even some faggot streamer?

Why waste your time on the ones that won't get in when we know which ones will?

because dragons are gay

I'm worried people are going to get too sentimental about trifling things and cause trouble.

Whose the celebrity? I literally don't know any of you stupid fucks.

More like "why the fuck aren't attunements equalized yet". Better to make them all equal than fuck over two fun options that aren't broken.

>playing pathfinder
>I am the GM
>friend's gf is playing witch
>wants the Healer's Touch achievement feat
>is at 600/1000 but this isn't good enough
>starts trying to heal literally everyone in the city with healing hex
>party kineticist decides to help by hiding in rafters of tavern and using telekinesis to start stabbing patrons with a dagger
>rolls a 37 stealth check so he can't be seen
>witch starts healing people as they are running away
>tavern is owned by another PC who is pissed as fuck at the lost business
>end up arguing with them that healing a commoner from 0 to 4 hp with a 15 point heal roll does not give you 15 points toward the feat since you only healed 4 points of damage
>mfw it only gets her about 50 points closer to her goal anyway while making zero sense within the world
>at least her character is neutral evil

I am really starting to loathe Pathfinder....

>taking the healing hex

Whyyyyy? There are so many higher priorities.

I get headaches when /pfg/ talks about the campaign I'm in.

>youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg

I'm worried we'll lose our good and caring daddy

then fuck off and stop coming here attention whore

My GM just informed me that my character's daughter will probably either have memories of Sorshen's life bleed into her mind,
attract Sorshen on suspicion of being an imposter, or both sometime over the course of the campaign.

Same here. Anyone wanna give us a quick rundown of the celebs?

Promemethean fag, tell us your secrets of how you got a cute daughter!

Holy hell, that's horrifying. What will your character do to try and stop it?

How do you make combat interesting/difficult for somebody playing a rogue? My campaign has gone kinda downhill combat wise because he just has insanely high stealth and there is basically no way for him to be spotted, even without invisibility.

Nearly every boss fight ends before combat really starts when he just does 200+ nonlethal damage with sap master before even being noticed.

I don't want to go out of my way to be an asshole and shut him down, I just want other PCs to get a chance to shine and some actual combat to occur.

Yes

The player quality is lacking roleplay wise
Which I suppose is pretty much a Pathfinder thing

I'm wondering whether it comes from sheer incompetence or extreme cases of self-importance
I am leaning for a mix of the two

Let us say I am not very impressed and I might have my character start to turn heel

Ask your GM to add in some strong lackeys for your character to take out while the rest of your party deals with the other big boys. Adding more bodies to the field is always a good method of upping the challenge level anyway, and depending on the situation also makes more sense than just having one dude taking on 4+ enemies at once unless he's REALLY good.

Magic detection I'm sure you'll find something

Or better yet

Traps.

"You thought you could sneak up on me but YOU CAN'T because I'm standing right in front of a bottomless pit. You fag."

What if I want a high tier 3 Avowed because my group can't help but allow PoW?

I fucking hate PoW because if it's allowed, you HAVE to be a PoW guy if you want to fight good, otherwise you'll get hilariously overshadowed. God forbid if you want to play a fighty warpriest or something and you don't want to deal with maneuvers, but then some dickhead strolls in with an initiating/akashic aegis or a Warpath Follower inquisitor.

Fuck.

I dare say it's time to breech the floodgates on Flower Court

Who wants a review?

Review Wist's girl first!
We all know she's getting in.

Sketchy uses of blood alchemy and tampering with ancient magics by my mother.

It hasn't come up IC yet, ergo it hasn't actually happened. I was just warned in advance so we could try to work out some details so the GM doesn't have to do any potential subplots on the fly.
The first is going to cause a little bit of worry, but he's going to be damn supportive because he knows she's got a big ol' piece of him in her. The second is going to cause a LOT of worry and panicking.

Not me. Fuck meme games. Fuck celebrities. Fuck you. You've all gone crazy. Get a job and find a game and play instead of spending your life here gawking at people you don't know your cock in your hand. Fuck.

Gestalt Avowed with UMonk and laugh.

I really wanna improve Alexander as much as I can!

>a big ol' piece of him in her

I'd rather not take requests to review someone elses app. This way, they at least asked to hear my complaints

First up

He'll need to get some powerful allies and some really good protective plans to save her. Consider selling out to another Runelord if you have to.

yes but how cute are they?

do they need to be protected by a FULL BAB MARTIAL?

Review Jericho.

Stop your bitching. PoW overshadows other martials when you're playing a 2hu-approved (tm) fuckstick of a build that only bashes faces. It's entirely-possible, and even likely, that PoW characters will only be as good as other T3s or T4s.
And there's a difference between "good T3 Avowed" and "destroys everything and has no weaknesses T2 Avowed", which the old one was.

>Implying any of us can get into a game.
Bro we meme because we need to game vicariously though the celeb apps.

Review Felix.

Well she has several pints of his blood and a sizeable sliver of his soul, but yea that could have been phrased better.

The party's been doing good so far. I'm sure with enough downtime and funds, and enough planning by the party, everything will be fiiine. We've got a long way to go before worrying about that.

Calling one for Tubalcain Alhambra Giancarlo Servaine

>Like PoW for the fun combat utility options
>DM is too concerned about the damage builds to allow it
I can't wait for the errata, I'm completely okay if all the best damage options are gutted.

Please be gentle, senpai.

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5063385#post-5063385

Is Flower Court still accepting apps?
I've been on/off working on one, but I also know I have no time, so I've been thinking of asking the GM if its okay if I just make the character to be an NPC for him to use at his discretion

>Is Flower Court still accepting apps?
Yes, but only celeb ones. Non-celebs will be NPCs at best.

>has no weaknesses

So the avowed we have now?

k
>Ichy
Creepy rogue with big goals and shit rolls.
>Derrin
Lesbian hero classic. If she doesnt rescue the princess to "I need a hero" by Bonnie Tyler I quit
>Mazdak
Religion of peace need PR badly
>Aeldrannas
A Tuvarkz app
>Felix
Roll20 Rando classic
>Orion
Retirement is boring, better slay dragons.
>Niccolo
Autistic renaissance man
>Ceraphine
Seeking: Man
>Petre
Will find his homeforest burnt down any day now
>Witch
Actually an oracle
>Mouse
I have no new ground to tread
>Jericho
Depressed Executioner Snakeguy
>Kino
Actually an Itsuko
>CCC
Bitch, but a well written, self-aware bitch.
>Masaki
Wait no. . . Lao? but then it changes to Masaki again?
>Giancarlo
Actually Picasso
>Ortzi
Absolute Madman
I'm assuming? IDK just going by his art. Fuck he looks crazy.
>Isao
Weeeeeeeeeeeb
>Jarlin
Magical gi- bo- dude.
>Cory In The Court
The undisputed greatest app of a- wait, theres no cory joke? Fuck this.
>Ryoko
You feelin alright Brood?
>Rinta
Collectivist scum
>Rodrick
Rory
>Rokar
Has anyone T X T E D T H E M yet? Do they erp?
>Alex
Will find his farm burnt down any day now
>Varius
10/10 husbando.
>Hakak
Roll20 classic
>Serena
Are you sure you aren't an NPC?

Well that works fine for me then

>>Giancarlo
>Actually Picasso
I think you mean Dali

>Ichy
>Creepy rogue with big goals and shit rolls.
Can't get any more accurate than this.

>2hu-approved (tm) fuckstick of a build that only bashes faces

It's a good thing the strongest PoW builds are exactly that.

Even once the errata hits, we'll still have everyone doing the same fucking thing with Elemental Flux/Mithral Current/Riven Hourglass/Shattered Mirror.

>Alex
>farm burnt down any day now

pls no bully the farmboy, he just wants to be a hero with the help of this unbelievably ancient, inscrutably-motivated psychic sword

I bet the changelist is basically "nerf Broken Blade/Primal Fury/Scarlet Throne/Thrashing Dragon, leaving Piercing Thunder untouched"

Guys we're supposed to be bitching about Avowed right now, PoW is two topics down on the roulette wheel.

Who is the most normie of the Celebrities?

What if we bitch about Avowed, Rory, AND Vult?

>Are you sure you aren't an NPC?

Vult. I hear he even lifts.

>It's a shitty edit of pic related

Holy shit.

So, questions. How do you guys feel about Lawful Evil in a group of neutral and good characters? Is that too much of a red flag? Character concept wants revenge on a powerful entity and is willing to do evil to get revenge, but knows going alone is a death sentence. Is emphasizing that he is about loyalty and wants good friends enough to calm down the reaction to an evil alignment?

Also, how would a lawful evil character taking the ASSASSIN Prestige Class work? If I see there is a horde of criminals with bounties on them, does going to kill but not collecting the bounties on them count?

Don't listen to Shitposter-kun. I like Serena! I hope she gets in!

But user, getting bullied and teased mercilessly by girls is all part of being a hero.

>you will never bully and tease a heroic STRfag Full BAB martial

Why even adventure?

>shitty edit
>doesn't even have the same clothing
>doesn't even look like it at all
>just generic rogue style clothing and a generic hand-on-hip pose
>shitty edit
So, how many layers of tinfoil do you line your hat with?

Now I won't be able to shake the feeling.

aaaaaa believe in yourself heck a tay

But why would you want to bully your valiant protectors, user? That's just cruel!

Maybe look her over some more?

The pose is totally different though

if you want to bully them, PM THEM

That spider is extremely cute and I would like to hug it.

Because it's cute to watch them squirm and blush under your oppressive ministrations!

Remember to PM your crush!

Definitely not an edit, but possibly used as a reference.

Any ideas where to start? Looking over will just make me refine what I have, but being called an NPC is saying I need something more, isn't it?

I'm trying, lad. I got a month to hash this thing out, and I'm pretty rough the first two or three times.

But user, you're just presenting yourself as a bully target too! What's stopping that full-BAB Strfag from pinning you to the ground, pulling up your shirt, and blowing a big ole raspberry all over your belly!

ALEXANDER AND THE EMPRESS
>Big Dumb Farm Boy gets an intelligent magical sword bonded with him
>He's a tiefling too
>Wants to become a hero because he thinks it'd be a good idea, make him popular despite his Cha
>Empress, his sword, is just along for the ride like a psychic maid for him

Not much past that really. All that writing was just an IC appeal with tone, which was expressed rather well. Generally I advise against using typographical play that actually slows down the reading process, because Alexander's letter was much more of a chore than it should have been. A whole lot of words and not much content.

>PRESENTATION : 5/10
It's a bit exaggerated and while it's better than being Faceless Soldier #1425, I think playing an illiterate idiot is one of those things that will just slowly annoy everyone until it gets faded away. Dumb doesn't have to imply incoherent.
>HEROIC PHILOSOPHY : 3/10
Alexander isn't much of a hero. He doesn't have the brains, the force of personality, or even a real conviction to be one. The big dumb guy who knows the heroes is an NPC or a mid-boss. Lote is looking for inspiration, not accomplishment. Now compound that with no philosophical drive at all to be one, just a simple ideal of what one is.
>TEAM PLAYER-NESS : 8/10
But as an accent to an already inspiring group, he should offer a good dynamic both socially and mechanically. He seems unlikely to get in a fight with the others over his lack of philosophy.
>PROACTIVENESS : 4/10
He's presented as the kind of character who will bite on the plot hook and run with it, but needs to be given that plot hook, or at least a meaty target to aim at. Which a DM can like, but doesn't necessarily. It's typically better to try and present that you have something you're trying to do.

OVERALL : 20/40, Would hire to go destroy the lesser nobility of the surrounding kingdoms and keep them from gathering the military strength to do anything about Lote.

>rescue the princess to "I need a hero" by Bonnie Tyler

I NEED THIS

Wait, how oppressive are you being? Because if you're really bullying him, I think they'd rather hang out with the other girl, the one that doesn't treat him like poop!

Be like prez and take her to see the fireworks

Add an example of either her using power and authority well, or a negative model of some specific figure totally fucking up to her backstory.

Silly user, Full BAB STRfag Martials don't have the WILL to resist being dominated and abused!

Should I make an Flower Court app I wouldn't play that's engineered to get good reviews and step on the toes of other apps?

Barbarians do because of SUPERSTITION

Thanks review user! I'll take this into account- I didn't wanna make Alex too over-the-top or anything, kinda wanted to stick with a down-to-earth tone with him.

Are you gonna roll for the next round of apps?

>what is a superstitious barbarian?

I won't be rolling
is next

>the autism fighter has a +48 will save against mind effecting

I'm trying to remember a feat, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding what the damn thing is called. When flanking, you turn the +2 bonus from attack to damage. It's super important, it ties into my ratfolk barb build.

Does anyone know?

Who the hell would that benefit?

Hmm, then maybe she needs to be bullied too!

You fool! Any sensible Full BAB STRfag Martial has either a 14 in Wisdom or a Good Will save, or both! Who's the bully and who's the bullied when your enchantress tries to weave a spell against the FBSM and it just plinks off his mighty mind?