/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

The future is now

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/sigma-labs-awarded-contract-laser-130000913.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ride this correction or cash out on open?

Wow everything is up. I almost fell for that crypto fad and boy I'm so glad I forgot about it.

wew if you haven't dropped all your blockchain stocks by now I've got some bad news for ya lad

Contemplating whether to get into dpw in case bitcoin recovers
I might get in at $2

What are today’s meme stocks?

Yeah I’ve been watching them all drop premarket. I’ve got a stop loss at a modest profit set. I’m thinking I’ll just let it ride.

>that ~2% figure is annualized

it was incorrect to use the term 'annualized', should've used 'the annual rate'

also, inflation can have a compounding impact (when you compound using "real return" you're accounting for the compounding loss of purchasing power, by subtracting inflation from your nominal rate of return), it's just that the annual inflation rate, itself, is not calculated based on a compounding method - as far as I know.

OK I GUESS I GET THE FUCK OUT OF MARA NOW RIGHT?

IT WAS ONLY A $300 DOLLAR LOSS I GUESS

Its the Wild and Crazy Christmas Cryto Currency sale of 2017! Buy the dip on all the blockchain shit stocks!

was really hoping people were asleep having their stop losses triggered

>buy the dip
>they’re still above my original buy

why did this moon in the first place?

Blockchain is the underlying technology behind crypto.

Well that was disappointing. What meme stocks do we have today?

what do you guys think about HRB? Taxes may be somewhat simplified by this new bill but they are also changing the rules for the first time in a while...so my hypothesis is a short-term increased demand for tax accountants.

Trying to avoid strategies involving this demented crypto shit

AGRX dead cat bounce

give me something good

here's an idea, involve strategies involving demented cryptoshit in a realistic way

everyone needs to file taxes on trades between shitcoins now too

Tax accountants are REALLY going to have their hands full with all of this shit.

Grats to the user that was shilling Future Farm Tech. I was waiting for a drop to enter and missed the moon.

Looking for a re entry to XXII and hawking on MRRCF to get it next time it dios.

Weed is nothing but buying dips and selling when it spikes atm

time for BAC to hit $30 today baby!

wow, GBTC is almost at NAV

What’s the sell?

I think I'm going to double down on SQ

If its really dropping since people think its a blockchain hype company they're dead wrong. They were $40 before they said anything about blockchain shit and were always gaining before that too.

i was just going to say, might be time to buy soon

if it drops below BTC price im loading up like a motherfucker

NM. Already missed it.

NXTD is moving again.

How's AMD doing guys?

NAK announces new blockchain partnership, stock crashes 40% in pre-market.

Holy crap. I mean jesus fucling christ. Opening this morning for two of my stocks was insane.

I am Canadian weed hyping and gambling user and have mentioned these before. Future Farm Technologies blew right past my profit taking sell order (a third of my position, remaining 2/3 are still in for the ride) by gaping up and hitting +38%. And it's not dropping. This is reaction to the news that FFT is getting in on that sweet CBD oil market.

Namaste Technologies, coming off two days of ridiculous pumps, did it again at open. I had a sell order on the bleeding edge of what i thought it could do in a day and it blew past it that, kept on going. So i'm all sold on that stock and waiting for a dip to reenter.

rip that dude who owned SQ at $38

>Weed is nothing but buying dips and selling when it spikes atm

Yep pretty much.

fuck everything

DPW back up. Entry at 3.70 selling at 4.25

>DPW already recovered 60 cents

Just watch... All those memey blockchain stocks aren't dead. Big boys were just triggering all your stop losses to buy back in bigger using their BTC gains. We gonna rise again next week.

i kinda feel ya

im holding some NVDA and it just dropped below my average price today

some mouthbreathers are selling because they see them as crypto stocks

>this comfy CRBP dip

>NAK

They shadow the performance of buttcoin though.

Party is over.

Isodiol is coming back from a brutal short attack. I'd like to see it make a slow return back to mean, get some long hold buyers in to build a better support base. It had too many gaps and was too vulnerable before.

My DPW hands this past hour

You in the future when people realize all the "crypto" stocks are scams and they all crash back to penny stocks

Robinhood is for faggots

this. most of them don't even have updated financials and it is completely unclear what is going on in the company. The only legitimate crypto stock imo is MGTI since they have been transparent and have tangible business operations

Sorry to all my BAC+B bros

BAC is really crashing because I bought some warrants yesterday

what are some good marijuana stocks to keep an eye on? have a few shares in XXII
also what are the meme stocks for today?

EVIO and MYDX also keep and eye on RSII

It's hilarious watching these CNBC oldfags trying to talk about crypto like they're experts

ARCI is way overdue for a run. Small float, profitable, low volume. Next run will see 1.40 min

FLFL. Biggest meme there is bucko

i just bought 100 shares to see what happens, looks good at a glance

>RSII
>look it up
>listed as having film subsidiaries
>site on google goes to a clothing store website
>also changing their name to a bioscience
company
>they always do weed stuff

wtf is this scam

All in MRO.

meant to say also do weed stuff

that is some real OTC scam shit

Last spike in August was an acquisition (GeoTraq) looks like? What makes you think another event like that will happen?

>rising india blockchain

how come none came up on robinhood :(
HODLN BGFV btw

they are in the process of changing over to an mj company. They are waiting for name and ticker change.

The float is getting locked, they can't really dilute anymore, once they get the name and ticker change and recognized as an MJ company its Boom time! it already has product that it has shipped samples of to some people, you can probably still get a sample if you email them asking for one.

It's under the radar for now, it's best to get in before all the change takes place to where people will see it as a new mj company, people love new mj companies and this is getting in before most find out.

anyone here still play JNUG/JDST? JNUG mooning I'm guessing because of the bitcoin crash

SGLB, fuck it's been on my watch list for months. No idea why it shot up today...

its OTC

BGFV is a steady gainer, don't expect a moon shot over night, expect steady gains over the next 3-6 months

Returns are lower but I like UGLD/DGLD more for betting on gold itself.

Thanks, just bought 1000 shares

where is oil going in H1 2018? I’m in a bunch of drillers

>tfw buying all of these cryptostock dips

let's see what the future holds.

>2017
>still doesn't know how to use an internet search engine.

finance.yahoo.com/news/sigma-labs-awarded-contract-laser-130000913.html

internet

>city of AMD

I absolutely hate how GDXJ moves, gold can go up 2% and the junior miners will just sit half the time

JDST is kino though, it's a lot easier being bearish on miners than bullish

Fuxk off with your scam co. Its one thing to shill a shitty sports chain but you're crossing the line when you try to get people to buy into pump n dump OTC penny shit

>dips
Most of them were trading under a dollar before they slapped blockchain on their names

Good luck my dude

someone asked if there where any MJ companies so i answered.

read the thread lazy fag

Price is dowm because the geotraq acquisition triggered a debt default that management is working on fixing. The debt issue is baked in heavily and the SECOND news hits that it's resolved it will hit high 1's into low 2's. There is risk but the company's numbers are solid and its a slow slow long term play for me. Dont expect it to run when you want it, buy it under 1.00 and hold.

COINBASE KEKS TRYING TO CATCH THE DIP

KEKS I MEANT KEKS

true, I don't deny that. But one the greatest lessons in the market is that history repeats itself. As such, when BTC rockets again (and it will) these stocks will become the next big thing again.

I'm staying away from LTEA though. Literally a beverage company.

Supposed to be a surplus of American oil but with Trump upsetting most of the oil supplying world with the Jerusalem shit I assume they will start to limit sales to the US or some shit

good shit user. I usually don’t fuck with micro cap but this looks interesting

desu

I just treat miners as their own entity usually and don't pay attention to the price action in gold

im in on it, i see potential there, might add more if it goes to .90

I feel this bad

$RAD!!!

Bought into RIOT at 25 because thought it'd go back up.

How fucked am I right now?

you are such a no-coining faggot, I bet you look at articles talking about how "IT'S A BUBBLE" to reassure yourself

More transactions the better, everyone should use normiebase. MCB holder here.

Canadian stock i'm keeping a sharp eye on lately is Alliance Growth Corp (ACG). Haven't bought in yet. I put a semi-lowball order in where i think it will level off but we'll see how that goes.

Reminder markets closed monday. After lunch + power hr are gonna be nuts today.

Sorry, Alliance Growers Corp. The OTC name is ALGWF.

I'm a no-coiner right now. Bought in around 1500 BTC and cashed out completely last week

might get back in once the price falls back below 5000

told my dad about bitcoin at dinner once, saw him about 2 weeks after and it sounded like all he did was read all the bad shit about bitcoin. I just laughed and said i gotta go, it went from 12,000 to 17,000 shortly after. even though it's low right now, people that aren't in the financial markets have a hard time understanding that newly recognized assets have huge swings at first in order to find it's equilibrium price, such as IPOs in the stock world and ICOs in the crypto world.

AHHHH WHY DIDNT I BUY THE GBTC DIP

COULD'VE GOTTEN LIKE 40% GAINS

What do you guys think about AVGR?

Well that's just smart, no reason to hold while the price plummets, might as well sell high and reinvest when it hits it's floor.

People have a hard time understanding that the dollar is technically a fucking bubble too. People think things have inherent magical value.

By people I of course mean dumb idiots

>the dollar is technically a fucking bubble

>the dollar is just like bitcoin

Saw some cuck on youtube make 6k off of the Litecoin dip. He just knew the support levels and bought there. Looked easy as fuck.

sometimes i think getting into the financial markets was a mistake. I just think majority of people are idiots now and my life seems empty at times because there aren't many people to talk to about upcoming financial events or IPOs or ICOs. Thats why i come on Veeky Forums desu

idiot

the difference is that dollar is backed by the work of violence.