/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread: "cute succubutt" edition

Guys, should I just give in and make another "make an adventurers and friends" cyoa like Fulcrum or Hero Academy (which I love, for the record) or should I keep plugging away at my more niche ideas. I'm just worried about the finished product not being that great when I could have been working on something I liked all along.

nobody cares either way

Honestly, it's important to stick through with making something just to show you have that force of will. Once you finish your current thing, I advise focusing on making what you like instead.

Well you've certainly taken a load off my mind

Seconded

Follow your heart and kill your parents.

>Authors always reply to the shitposts but not the legitimate advice.

>Reddit OC
A miracle

Yeah, you're right. I think the mechanic for the CYOA I'm working on is neat actually, I'm just worried the endings it'll lead to might be a bit too bland for what they could be. I'll keep plugging away though, thanks user

I got over that like 20 years ago mostly

Be nice user, I hadn't refreshed the thread when I replied to the first poster

You don't need to want to kill your parents to kill your parents.

Unsurprisingly, the formatting looks like shit. Where the heck are the borders, backgrounds, text boxes, and gratuitous flavor images?

I'd rather not have OC to tell the truth.

The source is Himitsu no Akuma-chan.
It's a love story about a super cute succubutt.

It's shit.

>a super cute succubutt

Incubus. That dude summoned a faggot on accident.

YES

WE MUST KILL THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE

Oh that ain't what i signed up for
I want a cute succubi with small breasts but she's not a loli or a dude

As a choice between reddit OC and no OC, i chose no OC, not that I chose no OC period.

Of course I want more non-reddit OC, I'm making some right now that will hopefully be out in a better timeframe than my last one.

maybe I should release my OC there instead of here just to raise the average quality. Show them better formatting

>fight to the death for the right to marry him.
Unacceptable, Sebastian. I will not begin my reign with a human sacrifice. In deference to tradition they may fight, but anyone who kills another competitor shall be permanently disbarred from the competition. Be it so proclaimed.

Elixirs: B-03. The whole point of these is to survive until my coronation.
M-08. Makes it difficult to trick me.
M-05: Combines well with M-08 to make it all but impossible to outplay me. I should be able to anticipate all but the most erratic plans.

(Reads dossiers)
Hmm, Scarlatina
> "I'll just poison the other girls...or I can simply knock them out. Up to you."
>"I suppose I can tolerate you taking a mistress or eleven"
This suggests... possibilities. Her choice of the number eleven can't have been accidental.

Sebastian! Prepare a letter for Scarlatina. I wish to get our plan in order.

Not sure why you'd bother when they'll probably just steal it and post it there anyway.

Then it won't get posted here except to shitpost.

Be kind, user. We should judge the piece by the values of its birthplace.

By Reddit standards this is 4/5 stars, would recommend.

It's one of the shittest things ever.

Agreed, anything that gets posted here is ended up there regardless, if they're not going to learn from it that way they're not going to bother.

>We should judge the piece by the values of its birthplace.

Give me one example in which coddling someone, rather than giving them the cold, hard truth, has actually been a benefit to that individual.

you're both right

I pick the mystery box under the assumption it makes me a succubus (something like this but only brown due to a tan).
If it doesn't I take nothing.

Fair enough, I just want reddit to do better, so we get better content, even if it is from there

The day reddit does better is the day hell freezes over.

>Go and check what they've stolen.
>They've got all sorts of shit but nothing of mine.

I don't know whether to be relieved or offended.

They won't get better. Why would they? You keep producing content for them.
By posting directly to reddit you make it easier for them. It's like giving the homeless guy food instead of dumping it in your trash for him to take later.

I honestly believe the day that happens is the day CYOAs actually become real. Not as mere files stored on a hard drive, but actual power unleashed into the hands of the sweaty, unwashed masses of Veeky Forums who will inevitably squander it to become little girls, or shapeshifters that spend most of their time as little girls, and immediately become the ultimate NEETs by running off to rule as lazy gods over their pocket dimensions where their harem of waifus take care of their every need.

>not just shooting the hobo, thus forcing him to distrust people and become a hermit

>thus forcing him to distrust people

Aren't a majority of homeless paranoid schizophrenics?

It's not the worst cyoa I have seen. Some of the choices seem to have quite random drawbacks for some random reason, I guess to balance them for whatever level that only the author can see.

It's certainly a step above what was produced here couple years ago.

I honestly think the guy only posts about them in hopes of getting people to move over there.

Well then you're helping him by justifying the paranoia

>Fair enough, I just want reddit to do better, so we get better content, even if it is from there

Realistically reddit is too big a site to say absolutely everything on it is shit; its Dark Souls boards have been better on the release of each game in terms of information than Veeky Forums was by far for example

But on the specific category of cyoas, reddit is a literal parasite.

One of mine is one there, my feelings are definitely mixed

Probably.

That's a solid argument for closing this thread too and making author only discord where you are only let in after you prove yourself with some OC.

I think it's already completely justified in their eyes.

Post your most anticipated WIP

My cyoa

Anyone passing it off as theirs or as a Reddit original?

WIP posts are cancer, galleries are the only exceptions as they cannot work without board contribution.

>don't post for a few days
>threads immediately become 100x as autistic

Beer one still. Unless it got posted. It seems breddy fun looking, and some of the bros I saw are pretty chill, especially that lifeguard guy (no homo)

One of the 2 CYOAs i'm working on.
Hopefully they get finished this year.

They usually don't mention where they got anything from. If someone asks for a source then usually someone will mention Veeky Forums

fuck off you weird shit alien

I make a point of not saving WIP stuff, but I really liked that trapped in a video game one ala SAO someone was working on. Looking forward to making my Fairy Dark Knight debuff/DoTs character

DO AS THOU WILT

I regret letting my curiosity get the better of me. I should not have read the box and ruined it.
Now I'm forced to be married to some show host with no personality whose interests are "watching TV" and being peppy and loud.

>But on the specific category of cyoas, reddit is a literal parasite.
I mean, it's not like most cyoas are original either. Art is liberally stolen and I don't think anyone is going to start including a works cited page. When I saw my OC was posted on reddit I had a realization that I'd be a massive hypocrite if it annoyed me, since I had essentially done the same thing to a lot of artists.

As mentioned, just posted without a source

I'm surprised how much it got my hackles up when someone in the thread thanked the OP for the CYOA though, I thought I was better than that

Show us what you made to see if you're worthy.

Writing is creative work too, dear. don't buy the artist's meme that they're the only ones who work hard.

I have never mentioned the source when I made made the OP, I'm sorry everyone. I'll promise to include it next time.

>I mean, it's not like most cyoas are original either
Depends on the cyoa really. Most of the better ones have at least a certain amount of world building put into them.
>When I saw my OC was posted on reddit I had a realization that I'd be a massive hypocrite if it annoyed me, since I had essentially done the same thing to a lot of artists.
Yeah, you're not wrong about this. My issue with reddit on this particular topic is they don't even seem to try, aside from todays little setpiece.

Its nothing to get upset about though, especially as most of us post our stuff anonymously anyway, so who could they credit even if they were inclined to do so? I wonder if the namefags get worked up about it more

>saw people hoping for a you-were-abducted-by-lolis CYOA
>have it mostly planned out in my head and got pretty hyped to make it
>have to spend the next week moving house to another city

End my life.

I meant the reddit thread user

>he anonymously writes up an imaginary game, often set in an existing fictional world, on a pirated copy of photoshop using other's people art which he doesn't credit, to portray the 12y old sexslaves he includes as romance options
>then complains when other people share his work on reddit

Could I get a link to Italics archive? In the pastebin there's only PP and I was looking for Order.
Or if you have it please post it.
Thank you.

Oh hey, it's your first shitpost since your ban expired. You didn't waste any time.

>When I saw my OC was posted on reddit I had a realization that I'd be a massive hypocrite if it annoyed me, since I had essentially done the same thing to a lot of artists.

The use of art in CYOAs tends to fall under Fair Use. You're making use of cropped images, but the images themselves aren't the entirety of your post, you do put fourth work in writing up the choices and any included lore.

You'd still be a hypocrite, but only because you've pirated things before. Games, music, even streaming or reading things translated by fans counts if it's licensed. Reddit having your works posted is akin to piracy, unless someone is outright claiming ownership as if they created it, in which case it's plagiarism.

Back you go.

If they just hotlinked to the archive rather than rehosting to imgur, would it even be piracy?

True, but I think his point is that when we make things we don't have a credit section, so in the same way that reddit is snubbing us, we are snubbing the artist, so it's a little hypocritical to complain. Though there is a difference because at least we are putting in our own work when we create something, they put in nothing when they post, but then again that's true here too.

I disagree, because the degree of his 'sin' is different. He took previously existent work, yes, but only as part of his own work into which he devoted creative effort. The people stealing it did absolutely nothing to contribute to the CYOA whatsoever.

Grey area. The links may have already existed, but they weren't intended for use there.

I make these threads and I regret it every time

Are you sure?

Anticipation will make the loli abduction all the finer.

What could go wrong?

> it got my hackles up when someone in the thread thanked the OP for the CYOA though,
That seems a totally normal response.

You can write it all down so that you don't forget anything and work stuff out in your head whole time. Your cyoa will be just plain better than it would have been otherwise.

Also if someone finds your plans for little girls and vans, you get your wish of your life ending.

You can do it user, I have faith in you and the little girls.

>cyoa gives you a harem
>cyoa doesn't make you clueless and pure of mind

Filthy perverts ruining best trope.

White Knight forever

Does anyone have that assassin cyoa with the different suits like stealth and wires etc?

>not being the purest

Harems are not for sex.

Why do you want a harem if you're not going to have sex with them?

That's the worst part about harem series you worthless cockhole.

Hyperefficient, multidynamic cucking. Just by having 20 girls orbiting you, you're cucking dozens of guys on a daily basis. Them being so desperate and obsessed they keep loving you even if you don't fuck them only makes it sweeter.
Filthy lowtaste pervert.

Last time I did it I had one-to-three different people post it every single thread for two weeks.

is that bad

I never thought about it that way

I hate harem protags more than ever

This is just evidence you don't deserve a harem.

>Abduction by Loli CYOA will be created
My day just got better

Hopefully things worked out for him.

That's what he gets for having shit taste.

Ah, I see what you mean. If it bothers you, don't post the WIP, I'd hate for you to get put off from working on it.

>tfw pic related is what the average user who wants the loli abduction cyoa looks like

Everyday I pray cyoas do not become real.

That's what everyone on the internet looks like, dummy.