media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time, on /5eg/:
Eastern Cultures- Does your setting have any?

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.rem.uz/3.0 D&D Books/Oriental Adventures.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thoughts?

Variant Human
Faction Agent
Fighter. GW or Duelling fighting style
Magic Initiate (pick Friends (Axii), Mending (he's a self-sufficient dude, also he at one time fixes a pot with Igni etc.), and Thunderwave (Aard).
You go Eldritch Knight, and at level three you take Blade Ward and Shield (both represent Quen or Heliotrop), Burning hands (Igni) and Thunderwave (you already have 1 freecast, but you want it ''on tap'' as well). At levels where you can take spells from other schools, you get Sleep for Somne and other spells you think resemble certain uses of a Sign, for example Charm Person for Axii, but don't get something like Fireball for Igni.

You put below average to average to above average points in Charisma (Geralt isn't a guy people are instantly friends with, however he does possess some presence. Judge as you will), average to above average in intelligence, average to MAYBE above average in Wisdom (think of the Beast and the Beauty story in The Last Wish, he figures the girl is a vampire but it takes him a while), Above average Strength AND Dex (take your choice which you put higher, though the Wolf School fighting style is arguably based more on technique, pirouttes etc. than on brute strength). Constitution must be above average to high, he survived the mutation rituals and takes some pretty stiff hits in the books.

Alignment is a problem, because although Geralt lives by a kinda Neutral Good alignment, he does some questionable shit both early and later in life (killing people in an inn to get the attention of King Foltest, helping for money instead of the good of his own heart, ''tricking'' Ciri's parents to get her as a destined child), though on the other hand he does some incredibly selfless stuff at times. I think the Butcher of Blaviken story is some good insight into his way of thinking, which you could only call ''pragmatic''. If you want the ''real'' Geralt, don't play his as in the games, as he is an amnesiac, check the books.

Flat earth

ew weebs

7/10 needs some meteors

>Eastern cultures
No, because my worldbuilding is at least 5 levels higher-tier than "not![real world cultures]"

Equipment is 2 longswords, try and get your GM to allow you to make one silvered I guess, and leather or maybe chain armour, but nothing above that.
Pick skills as you see fit, but I'd take Survival and Animal Handling.

My setting doesn't have any eastern "cultures". But it does have qt asian girls.

>Eastern Cultures- Does your setting have any?

Uh, sort of. Less of the weeb-side, more of the merchant-side. But as far as mysticism goes, druids and monks are very similar. Druids are just more in tune with nature, while monks are more in tune with themselves.

Can we please just go back to posting whites?

>moonman
Moonman, can't you see?

Post yfw we reach the point where new threads are made when the old ones didn't hit the bump limit.

Minorities will continue being posted, until all the racists either ran back to /pol/ with their tails between their legs, or come to terms with non-white people existing.

FUCK DRUMPF AND I'm actually okay with white people though.

I'd fuck her.

Help me think of a name for a forest home to elves with a strong connection to the Fey. Will have some sprites and other critters like that.

Faerie Forest is a little too honest.

Cool name for a green dragonborn from a noble family?

Feybaebae

>Eastern Cultures
dnd.rem.uz/3.0 D&D Books/Oriental Adventures.pdf

Hao! let's set sail on the Yellow Sea!

Some call him... Tim?

Jared

Those right two, are they Yuan-Ti or something?

No

Describe his noble family, his personality and his alignment.

I make up the name after I have everything else down.

>thinks he's good at world building
>plays D&D

But why
Like, unironically, why

Beryl Glimmerscale (if female: Jade Glimmerscale)

Why not? It's pretty good.

How about: The Feyded Grove

I'm gonna need more info on this Moonmech.

Is it Super or Real? I'm going to assume Super.
Is it a combiner? If so, does it have as many units as there are party members in the campaign?
Is it from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, or 10s?
Is it sentient, sapient, machine-enspirited, or completely inert?
What is its power source?
Does it have metal lips?
Name three of its special attacks.

Rokurokubi and tsukumogami.

Tim- something?

Jared could work

Father is emissary for the race at a high-diplomacy city. They are rich and noble. But the character is forced to marry a gnome which he refuses. he left all riches and his name behind to travel the lands. I think Lawful but not sure if G or N. He's a difficult person, bit OCD, bit bitchy. Definitely spoiled. Also, sorcerer.

I like Glimmerscale, not sure on the name though. Jade would be dope but the character is a male.

Oh, you were being serious? I thought you were trolling me by saying it was baby-level or something. My bad!

Feyded Grove is a pretty nice pun. I think I might use it for an area within the forest ("nobody goes there anymore, user") but I'm looking for something more lively to name the actual forest as a whole. The elves there are stargazers and are studious sage-like types who strive to become closer to nature and all of that fruity fey-stuff.

Jared Glimmerscale, name is the least important part move on.

Well I wasn't being completely serious, but not in the way you were supposing. Sounds like "ay bay bay" which is stupid, but I like it.

If you're naming the entire forest, I'd probably go for something that just sounds elvish.

I didn't really put a lot of thought into it but the moon splits into a mech

Name is important when you have a noble background. It's supposed to carry weight after all.

For the family/clan name... Venium? Vhenym? Eynamous (venomous with a silent V)?

Maybe try thinking of something strong. A name that reflects your family and what you left behind, and perhaps a name that your character takes pride in, but is disgusted with at the same time for falling so low as having to marry him off to a gnome. He loves his family name and his people but believes they should be stronger than being used as mere political pawns. Or something.

Okay /5eg/ this shortsword will be appearing in my game today, so there is a chance my party might get it. This sword has been passed around bards for generations, and currently is in the hands of a cultist bard, who killed its last wielder.

What do you think?

>he says posting the Chinkiest Slantiest Gookiest Miso Solly Jap slapping setting there is.

It's literally called the Celestial Sea you Culturally Apropriating Nazi.

Why did you bother statting an item if the party might just walk by it

Does it at least have a microwave cannon?

It's not too important but I feel it often reflects a person's character. It should also refer to our green blood and poison ability.

What I normally do is look up the word in different languages in like nordic or latin etc and deviate from there.

Apparently in latin jade is... jade.

I like V Z and R sounds in dragonborns. PHB says draconic has "hard consonents" but I don't know what that exactly means.

Venium sounds cool.

This is how I Undying Warlock.

They are about to fight the cultist, and the bard is in there, so there is a chance they might kill him and take this item.

What's a canesword?

I too want to know these things. I'm assuming:
>super
>combiner with as many parts as party mrmbers with a secret extra robot they discover when someone else joins or is sapient.
>late 80s to early 90s
>autonomous enought to come when summoned
>mcguffinite
>no, but its eyes light up when it talks
>something with eclipse, Full Moon and/or New Moon attack, tidal something or another

So I have a tome warlock who wants to gain double casting actions. What's the best way to do this?

I was thinking of some kind of homebrew invocation like the Thirsting Blade one, but for double-casting in one turn as long as he has the book open.

Not sure though, maybe there's a better way to do it.

Cool weapon but feels like.. it's lacking something. Just one thing. +1 to attack, damage, DC is very good actually but the 1d6 isn't OOMPH enough

Especially for a Legendary.

"Hard consonants" = k, t, p, d, etc.
But of course anything reptilian needs S and Z sounds, V is fun, and R is a given in almost any language (fuck you Hawaii).

I mean, what's the weapon stats on it? If it's a 2d6 finesse weapon or something then I would just laugh and moonwalk away.

It's pretty much a shortsword. I did not want to bother anyone with posting the whole thing but here it is.

The inspiration bonus I feel is strong enough. Also, it has 2 more forms after this.

Should mention that the warlock has purposefully made himself weaker in melee combat. Uses two shitty daggers dual-wielding if he ever gets in a bad situation, tends to use non-damaging magic and plays almost like a trickster-rogue.

>double casting actions
Ahahaha, no.

>intentionally make your character weak as shit, then pick up a bunch of non combat stuff just 4 laughs
>demand that you gain double combat power
Really scrambles my eggs.

>party made it to level 8
>still have to explain to a certain member how to make a basic attack roll

Dragonborn marrying a gnome?? Sure...

Noble families make political marriages all the time. It's only purpose is power.

Though the "gnome marriage" thing came up on Who the fuck is my character . com or whatever that site is.

>players are at level 12
>The monster rolls a 17 to hit
>"Awesome! That's my AC..."
>"Okay so it hits."

So do you shove sticks up your asses for fun or is it competitive?

Twinned spell exists as a nice example of how to "double"-cast with restrictions/limitations.

Idea came to me: invocation that allows him to cast a second non-damage-dealing spell as a bonus action while the book is open and in his hand. Might just go with something like that.

>party makes it to level 15
>"Awesome! I rolled a critical hit!"
>"NICE!!"
>"so how do I do this again?"

>Literally quickened spell, but better
Get out.

>party is level 9
>the Cleric casts Spiritual Weapon, as he has in every single combat since he's gotten it
>"hold on, let me look up how this works"
WHAT WERE YOU DOING DURING EVERYONE ELSE'S TURN?

300+ hours of playtime, everyone's around level 17 and I'm still baffled when Critical Role guys can't calculate their crits.

>cleric casts spiritual weapon
>it rolls initiative

Who is the Cringiest DM?
And why is it Adam Koebel

Was the user who was whinging about their being no pricing guidelines for magic items serious or what?
How can somebody be that retarded and autistic?

Or when Liam declares he's gonna use his reaction to activate his rogue's evasion ability.

>Hold up, does it provoke attacks of opportunity?
>Does it flank?

Because he's a faggot.

>Cringiest DM

Absurdly overpowered.

There are some guidelines right?

The problem is that there's no real economy and everything mostly relies on DM fiat.
On one hand it sucks that there's not a magic item store because magic items are cool.
But when I think about it the positives outweigh the negatives.

>You can't autistically meta-game what items you're gonna buy and create something super broken
>You have a lot of gold as a result, but it should encourage you to invest in the world instead of just trying to buy big magic swords

First time my players came to me and said they wanted to build a fort, I was like FUCK YES. They worked so hard and drew up plans then we had it appraised for about how much it would cost, then construction began. It was a ton of fun.

Making a fresh lvl8 sorcerer. Any feats I should take or any multiclass suggestions?

Disagree, warlocks have shit for slots compared to sorcerers who nuke shit left and right and it's already limited to non-damaging spells and requires the use of at least one hand and eats up their bonus action (meaning they can't use it for anything else that might take up its slot).

If he wants to cast two of his three slots in one turn who cares? I'd say that it's underpowered frankly.

Max out your casting stat as soon as possible. Don't fall for sorlock meme.

What kinda sorcerer?
No real point in multiclassing at level 8.
If you were going to, though, warlock is probably the best choice.

Nah, just start twinning haste and blight to really fuck shit up. Getting 20 charisma to make your saves higher is generally what you want to go for first.

>DM wants me to make a new level 8 character
>I dread the idea of having a character with starting equipment and a bonus 100gp surrounded by demigods with four to six magical artifacts each

Players healing to total go when they level up. Is this a thing? Someone told me it was, but I didn't find anything the RAW. Is this still considered or done in games?

You have to take a long rest to level up, which also puts you at full health.
Baka.

>Players healing to total hp*

Just now jumping into this conversation.
Give you player what you think is fun and is fair. Tell him, and make it clear, that if something you give his character is overpowered you reserve right to outright take it away or otherwise nerf it as you see fit.
With that understanding you won't have any problems.

I also agree with you. Allowing him to "nuke" in one turn is fine if that's what he wants to do. So long as you're not giving them a fuck ton of short rests it won't be much of a problem.

>magical artifacts
>ARTIFACTS
The fuck? At level 8?

>You have to take a long rest to level up
Is this true?
Never actually saw this rule. I could've overlooked it.

I mean, it makes enough sense as it makes it easier to track what you've got. But still.

I always assume he's thinking of uncanny doge instead of evasion, a simple mistake i guess.

not trying to defend their shit memory in general

Either artifacts in the colloquial sense of a high-power campaign.

I mean, one of my groups has a fucking Power Rangers mech at level 9.

I have this item for my level 8 party. It's technically an artifact. I do have a fairly high magic campaign though so I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority.

>uncanny doge

But he said four to six, EACH

>he doesn't give level 3 characters epic godsword and +4 armor

Yeah, there are guidelines, bro, it just requires the DM and also the players to be able to have a modicum of thought and the ability to be creative.
To whine and sperg how this is a bad thing is retarded and autistic as fuck. You are playing a creative roleplaying game.

Also, sounds awesome dude, seems like you all has heaps of fun.

>we have a race for tritons
>tritons are apparently even more rare than aquatic elves
>we have aquatic elves half-elf variant
>no aquatic elves race

Then your player should've rolled Sorcerer, shouldn't he?

>Each
Yeah okay, thats pretty wild. I have 9 other items like this, and I don't even think they will all get used in my current campaign.

Maybe I was exaggerating, but I'd rather not play than be a fighter with a +1 longsword when the paladin is dealing 90 damage per turn.

I got an eastern-themed empire (mostly China-based, though Korean and Japanese influences are present) that is at a long standing skirmish war with the classic Crusader/Holy Empire. The party spends most of its time far away from the country, though they have recently been trying to get some valuable artifacts from the Emperor and Empresses of the Empire. My players aren't weebs (even though I am), though they enjoy the place at the times they do go there.

DM is taking us through a dungeon right now that he told me (in secret), that there is a room that puts you to sleep for 5000 years. (Some of you may know what it's called, I don't think he told me the name of it). I play a wood elf, would I be immune to the sleep effect?

I think he said it counts as a shortsword, so 1d6 piercing.

And that poster? That OP?

He grew up to be Matt Mercer.

You theoretically should be. But he might pull some DM bullshit and say "uh but this one is different."

Is your DM the kind of DM to pull DM bullshit?