MtG Hour of Devastation

2BB, Sorcery
All creatures lose indestructible until end of turn. Destroy all creatures.

"None is worthy." - Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh

Legit? The return of a 4 mana wrath to standard? And it's the same answer to indestructible as WoG was for regenerate, something to note. Maybe this was inevitable ever since they decided to get rid of regen and replace it with indestructible.

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=2677
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=4802
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=179437
reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6dwuw8/psa_this_is_the_key_art_for_hour_of_devastation/
magiccards.info/som/pt/46.html
magiccards.info/m13/en/117.html
magic.wizards.com/en/products/hour-devastation/products
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>None is worthy

But also this card is pretty damn strong.

Fake as fuck.
Provide a source before you try to provide an argument how it's not fake.

I'm not claiming anything. In fact, if you read the OP carefully, you'll see "Legit?" right after the card text. A ? means a question.

I gave you an answer then.

Fake. As fuck. And until a legit source is provided, any argument about it is just further advertising this fake.

No es fake.

Actual helpful reason for why it is fake being it is using a crop of the HOU key art.

There is no way this is real, wotc would never print a 4 mana hard wrath again, ESPECIALLY one that is strictly better than damnation (in standard) and mostly better in other formats since indestructible is more relevant than regeneration

If this was real why wouldn't it be a story spotlight

Also correct me if I'm wrong but this doesn't interact with gids because he stops being a creature at his end step right

If they did, it would be masterpiece only.

Thank you Bolas, I really needed a board wipe against hex-proof indestructible trees in my BW deck.

Provide some evidence that it's fake

The old "It's obviously real because I could only take a really shitty picture of it" gambit.

I really want this to be as real as the next guy, but if I may play devil's advocate: the burden of proof lies on the person making the claim. In this case, you must provide evidence that it's NOT fake, or else it should basically be assumed to BE fake.

But you already have so many options.

Jesus that's insanely strong. Easily one of the best mass removal cards ever printed.

So yeah, it's fake. No way WotC would never make anything this good

It's POSSIBLE that there's a cycle of Hours, each being a strong sorcery of Old Magic power level, and thus it was deemed a bad idea to have just one of the big splashy plot-important cycle as a story spotlight, instead going for the cards that WOULDN'T be jammed in every deck in their color for the next two years that are also plot-relevant.

There's a space before Nicol Bolas after the em dash. Doesn't look like character quotes on cards have a space there (look at Fumigate, for example).

GOD DAMMIT

Is it so wrong that I want this be reality?

That art is the Key Art for the set, it's not used on any card, just like the Key Art for Kaladesh wasn't either. So deffo fake. Also I highly doubt they'd name the card and the set the same thing.

>Todas as criaturas perde
Lmao. fake as fuck.

>Also I highly doubt they'd name the card and the set the same thing.

Why not? Its not like Wizards hasn't done so before:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=2677
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=4802
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=179437

etc.

Only Conflux actually is in the set that shares its name.

I read it as having a card named after a set at all, not just within said set, but still as pointed out, Conflux is a thing they've done so there is precedence for it.

Really? Reddit doesn't fall for this shit but you guys do? Goddamn I'm dissapointed in you retards.

But I sure wish it was, that key art is fucking great.

We can dream, can't we? Yeah, it is almost certainly fake, but it would be awesome if we were all wrong and it ended up being real?

Counterfeit and homosexual

This, basically.
It's flavorful, it's not broken (beyond Wizards being scared to print removal at all lately), the art is cool, everything about it is great.
It's almost certainly fake but it's something we WANT to be real. And beyond fucked up translations (which happens anyways), nothing else is CERTAIN that precludes it from being real. As stated, it's almost certainly not real, but there's that ever so slim possibility it is.

Nobody is falling for this shit, some are just wishing it was real.

>doesn't destroy planeswalkers as well
gay

Guys seriously...
reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6dwuw8/psa_this_is_the_key_art_for_hour_of_devastation/

But I'm restrictimg myself to play only block decks, and my latest one is BW zombies from Amonkhet.

Can you list other options just in case?

Liliana's Influence
Rags // Riches

That's really about it for Amonkhet block that can deal with Hexproof, Indestructible creatures for BW Zombies. If you include Archfiend of Ifnir, you get a 3rd option, but he's a Demon.

OP here, I feel retarded, but there's yet one more reason for saying it's fake. In the portuguese text, they wrote "Todas as criaturas perde", which is grammatically wrong, it should be "Todas as criaturas PERDEM" (perder is the verb, perde is 3rd person singular and perdem is 3rd person plural). Now, I know this pretty much confirms this is fake, but for those who'd rather keep hoping, let's remember WotC printed beauties such as these

magiccards.info/som/pt/46.html
magiccards.info/m13/en/117.html

Now THATS what I call good removal. I'll order 8 of those

>rules text is wrong
>flavor text is wrong
>no card ever has used the set's key art
>MaRo would shit his pants in anger
Not gonna happen.

>MaRo would shit his pants in anger
KikeWater would piss his pants with joy. Everyone was against his lovechild Damnation but his only argument for its inclusion was "we print this, and we'll sell the set!"

I would pay $20 for that bad boy. Fuck, I'd play the everloving shit out of that if it was real.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND GUYS

>same art
>using official art()

Who do I believe now?
I like both of them

>you can Regenerate through it

I almost hope it's real.

Can you simply just imagine the autistic rage of someone when their opponent regens their entire board through this? It'll be Golgari Charm vs. Supreme Verdict all over again. I love it.

Makes no sense lore-wise.

Nicol Bolas is a badass god pharaoh that nukes the field of insects not worthy of his time. How the fuck does it not make sense lore-wise?

Him saying "none are worthy". He set up an elaborate factory of high quality corpses, surely some of them are worthy.

That's not how this works, baka. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If I told you I could leap over buildings in a single bound, you'd demand proof, would you not? If I said I could heal the sick and raise the dead with but a thought... you'd ask for proof. If I said I could fart lightning you'd ask for some gat-damned proof.

You cannot make a claim and then not back it up. If you try to go through life like that, you won't get very far.

Now, as to the the card:
magic.wizards.com/en/products/hour-devastation/products says that the pre-release is indeed on the 8-9 of July, and the release date is the 14th, and card is using the correct expansion symbol.
However, to me it is kind of a big deal that the image is too blurry to see the collector's number in the corner. It is odd that the card is the set's namesake, but no apparent story spotlight in the bottom. But! The name is very fitting for what the card does, something that WOTC has been pushing for as of late.

So... I don't know! Until a higher resolution image is found, I have a have a hard time accepting this card as legit without question. Maybe it's real, maybe it's not. How did Manaleak find this? Perhaps THEY should be validating their sources, not anons on an image board.

Maybe he's looking for some new planeswalkers to steal their sparks? If none have shown up yet, I can see how none are worthy.

>I guess this really is the Hour of Devastation (tm) -Jace Beleren
Really wizards?

>4 mana wrath + upside
Other issues aside, this isnt the world we live in anymore. I want it to be true, I really do. But it isnt. Thanks for the warm fuzzies imagining a good control deck in standard though.

Just an fyi, this also kills the Amonkhet gods, so none may refer to "not even gods"

>says "None are worthy"
>literally an amonkhet card called Neheb, the Worthy
????

>good control deck
Nigga, does a deck have to be the absolute top of the meta for you to acknowledge it? I like me some control too and UR Durdlehulk is a great deck.

>Implying br can into portuguese
I own a few cards in portuguese, and I can tell some of them have dumb errors like that

Guess he didn't fly too good. If I cast this will you die?

I'm brazilian, and the vast majority of my cards don't have any grammar mistakes.

>Non-portugese speakers critiquing portugese grammar
okay

I don't have my stash with me, but I have a few of the weebland expansion with grammar mistakes

user...

Do you honestly think they'd make a spotlight card with such an error?

You tried.

>not getting a joke as simple and timeless as "Brazilians are stupid"

If I tell you I saw a living breathing dinosaur yesterday would you rather me give you evidence that I really did see one or evidence that it's fake?

ah I do recognize this classic now that you mention it, the good 'ol "I was only pretending to be retarded"

Perhaps got it mixed with "brazilians aren't white" /pol/ meme

▶ trade

>Rare
>Not a story-card
nah

Jesus Christ, also finally the death of Gideon?

>Sorcery
>Death of Gideon
No.

Stoddard wanted to include Damnation in Theros, MM2, FTV: Annihilation and BFZ but MaRo kept cockblocking him because he has deemed any mention or "regeneration" wrongfun.

Don't try to revise history you fucking kike.

>implying I'm the guy who made the joke

Brazilians have been the butt of jokes since online games became big and the rest of the world saw what pieces of shit they are.

>entire plane is about everybody trying to prove themselves worthy
>turns out Bolas doesn't consider any of them worthy of anything, they (and the entire plane) are just fuel for whatever his plan is
Makes perfect sense.

the art isn't even popping out of frame like pw cards do

Maro doesn't give a shit about powerlevel and isn't in charge of development.
He had zero say in Damnation getting reprinted or not.

This doesn't even belong in the custom card thread. Use a little subtlety, man.

So they said they weren't going to print 4 cmc wraths anymore. Think the decision for this card comes with a tick up in power for the set?

Jesus christ, read the thread

>Blurry as all shit, so as to hide the details that would stand out in a clear fakery
>Using art we already had access to
>Not an actual photograph of an actual card

Has literally all the pointers of a fake.

Not that it's our job to "prove" that it's fake anyway.