Über as Pen and Paper

Any fa/tg/uys here who like Über? Pic related its a comic about Superheroes in WW2.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Über_(comics)

Link for the uninformed.

I would like to convert it into an RPG. With some tweaks in the Background.

1) I am aware that Godlike exists.
2) The Heroes there are to underpowered for me while their powers were to diverse.

Proposed changes to the background:

- The Nazis geht their hands on the Formula much earlier (i would propose 42 so they can win Stalingrad but 43 also is really interesting the nazis could win Kursk,more late war tech and a stronger Red army). We have a much more drawn out war this Way and the Nazis are able to pull of far more shenanigans because they still have tons of convetional stuff.
-Russia like in the comic is behind on the technological side so they can't really develop the strongest superhumans (otherwise they would quickly flood the Eastern front with too many cruisers etc.)
-Japan now puts up a hellish fight against the USA.
-Maybe a lower power difference between the different classes of Übers.
-Maybe a way for Übers to reach a higher class (not sure).

Also discuss the comic or call me a retard for proposing such a shit idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

comcav.net/pages/search-results-page?q=Uber Invasion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shameless self Bump.

Also i haven't opened the Nazi Astartes thread. Unlucky coincidence.

Well i am disappointed Veeky Forums.

I've heard of Uber once before, but never got into it.

You seem eager user and I love that cover art, explain it like i'm a caveman.

As Berlin is falling, the Nazis deploy their first supersoldiers, people who can take a tank round like a champ and can blow up/burn/melt/shape objects from a distance via a superpower called a Halo Effect.

The rest of the comic is the Allies attempting to match the initial German superiority in supersoldiers with technological research and tactics, and the Germans somehow nearly always pulling out a win from their ass.

There's also a Russian supersoldier who is the fucking strongest and is best living character.

He didn't mention the "holy fuck" levels of gore and body horror after the Uber fights. Those are pretty off the scale. Thing is, the superhumans have what's basically an exponential growth. Regular "Tanks BTFO humans, then each tier owns every tier before them almost completely until you get the Battleships melting cities and taking three Cruisers just to scratch significantly. It's a little hard to have horde/elite dynamics when the closest the"swarm" ever got to a victory was Leah Cohen, and that was only half a level of power difference.

Neat! I'll have to check it out.

As for your problem, I'd suggest GURPS if you want to mix both the WW2 military/technology side along with superpowers in a supported system. Of course, caveat emptor anytime you try to get players for GURPS who haven't tried the system before.

Or are you perhaps trying to make your own system from the ground up?

Why don't you just play
>1) I am aware that Godlike exists.
Nevermind

Seriously though just use Godlike or Wild Talents for the game and limit the powers to one source
Also Uber would be cool if not for the tremendous amount of aSSpulls needed to keep the Nazi's a valid threat in the series

Don't forget the Second Battle of Kursk. The Russians didn't exactly achieve their primary objective and they lost most of their Ubers, but they did force the Germans (well German) from the field; so in the end it was a victory. It's just not a tactic you can rely upon as we saw recently with the Americans.

bump

>Nazis pull a win out of their asses every battle- the comic becomes Nazis pull a win out of their asses - the PnP game
No thank you

weird war is a savage worlds setting. and since it is SW you can probably crank up the power level as needed

Man, I like reading Uber, but the whole "Nazis always win no matter what" approach to drama is really dumb. It doesn't matter how badly the odds are stacked against them, because the author will reveal a hereforto unmentioned plan that will decisively turn the tide of battle.

Anyway OP, I say go for it. It's a neat setting with a lot of potential. I'd say expand the global war theatre with more Battlefield US scenes and allow for unenhanced humans to be more of a threat with tank-hunting teams and the like. Good luck.

Uber is a fucking awful setting for PnP.

Fights are overwhelmingly decided by what type of super-dude someone is, and scientific/strategic development around the creation of new super-people.

There is literally one character in the entire series who demonstrates any capacity for power development over time, and fights are rarely ever even decided by superior training or tactics because every fucking physical object concievable has the structural integrity of french fries to an enhanced human, making any use of environment or anything pretty much worthless.

Also, this is not even a setting where *personality* matters all that much. The superhumans themselves are INCREDIBLY unambitious, only overthrowing their masters for personal ambition when they are pretty much walked through the process step by step.

Long story short, there's no dimensionality for a play experience present.

These make me think an RPG for Uber is a bad idea.

Uber would be better off as a new version of Diplomacy, with the option of producing different UberTypes in addition to producing fleets/armies. Not good for roleplay, but much better at getting at the strategic importance of Uber Types. You would probably need to expand the Diplomacy map to the whole world to make it really work for WW2,

It's been a long time since I looked at it, but I kind of remember Godlike as giving you like, one fucking super power. There was like one guy whose thing was he could fucking fly, and that was it. I remember another guy who could start fires, and canonically he died because he burned up all the oxygen in a confined space and suffocated.

Even a regular panzermensch isn't a bitch like that.

This is exactly what bugged me about '''''god'''''like. The supers are neither decicive nor do they have a real impact on how the war is conducted. They don't revolutionize the Battlefield.

Thats why i would change the power dynamics between the Übers so that a Panzermensch is more of a threat to a cruiser and a cruiser is more of a threat to a Battleship.

Also i would devise a way for Übers to raise their class after a while.

And for the weak character motivations:

1) The Dude that kills Hitler on his own
2) I still agree somewhat but thats an easy change as GM.

Well i don't think the plans were as unmentioned.

There were clear foreshadowing about the Geltmenschen. And these essentially allowed the Nazis to maintain technological superiority. Otherwise the allies would have pulled ahead in some fields of Über tech. Due to their much longer prep time this was anticipated though.

Also the allies make some really dumb decisions:

1) Wasting Collosus and valuable Tankmen in Paris. They weren't ready and wasted really valuable ressources.

2) Wasting their second Battleship by turning it into a useless muscle freak with no ranged abilities. Seriously Golem has so many muscles that she is shit because of them.

Doesn't Uber have the most of Russia exerminated. I thought the Naxis won in the east. Or is that my memory being fuzzy.

Isn't your first para basically the point of Godlike?

That's exactly what Wild Talents is for. Upping the game from godlike.
You could also try Savage Worlds + Superpowers Companion. I personally would probably prefer WT, but I think either one can work.

Also, does anyone know when (if) the collected volumes for Uber: Invasion will come out? For the regular 27 issue series they had 5 volumes collecting all issues together. I hope they do that for invasion too

I am waiting the collected Volume too. I Hope it comes out soon.

Soooo when is #28 coming out?

>Any fa/tg/uys here who like Über?
No.

>I would like to convert it into an RPG.
GURPS ww2 + supers

>Soooo when is #28 coming out?
never, I think. They started "Uber: Invasion" now. 27 was the last issue of "regular" Uber afaik.

I see. Scanning through the KS page doesn't exactly tell me when Invasion hits. Do you know a release date?

>that image
I wanna put my big fat black dick inside that Battleship. I don't even care that she's half meatjerky now.

Nope, they got as far as Kursk and were stopped. Also the most powerful superhuman is soviet, if she wasn't crazy and content with stopping the Nazi advance at Ukraine the Red Army would be in Berlin again.

They are already 6 issues in my man. I'm waiting for the TP Volumes though
comcav.net/pages/search-results-page?q=Uber Invasion

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

>Any fa/tg/uys here who like Über?
Gilen actively works on it so comic will be only liked by Wehraboos or diehard Man In High Caste fags.
I liked it until comic shat the bed with Allies failing big battle having Churchill disabled, Dunkir killed and UK eventually forced to surrender and rest of Allies in Europe in disaray with loss of leadership and Nazi pulling Ubot fleet out of their asses to invade USA.
Still waiting to see if Invasion get better or not.

>Proposed changes to the background:
This is actually good idea to start with changing setting fro this, because it can't work as RPG with exact same setting as in comic.

I mean HMH Churchill had no combat experience and was fighting heavy hitters, shame about Dunkirk though. The Capitulation of the UK made sense didn't it? Why let the blitzmensch light the British isles on fire, what's that gonna help anyone?

Alot of thing in this makes sense but it don't make it sound less annoying.
And comic still can't use "it make sense" defense since Germany less limitations than it would should have, but most logistic and strategic problems for Nazis are ignored and all problems for Allies are exaggerated.

Before end of regular comic and start of Invasion it was more balanced with war being in Europe and Pacific.

>Red Army would be in Berlin again

Ahh i wouldn't be so sure. If Siegfried had attacked its very possible he could have killed Katyusha due to exhaustion.

And remember her Halo is hugefuck strong but physically she is very weak. Once a cruiser or battleship breaks through she is History.

You mean when they basically tested Churchill by dropping her out of a plane and having her get mobbed by UK tankmen to show her durability, she then gets crippled by her knee exploding for some reason?

That actually makes some sense, they snapped one tendon in the knee and the rest of the enhanced muscles ripped the joint apart without counterbalance. Still kind of idiotic considering those weren't even the real Battleships she was fighting.

It doesn't make sense because the drop from the fucking plane would have done more than snap one tendon and injuries would have shown this to the UK Military.

It was an asspull, because Gillen is a fucking terrible writer.

I should get caught up. Last one I read they were teasing a new type of uber and super-Patton

A rather different kind of attack, given that landing from a drop is considerably less stressful on one particular tendon than continuous bombardment from weird Halo bullshit directly on that area. I thought this was fairly clear from the moment Ubers started taking artillery to the face and then killing each other in fistfights.

>Landing from a massive height that was calculated to cause serious damage to churchill for the purpose of them testing her regenerative skills actually doesn't harm her
>A little pressure to her tendons does

It was literally pulled out of the Nazi's ass as a way to sideline churchill and for the UK to be taken out of the war.

Because Gillen is a shit writer.

>It was literally pulled out of the Nazi's ass
The comic starts with a huge asspull and you are angry about Brits being useless?

>because Gillen is a fucking terrible writer.
>Because Gillen is a shit writer.
That's not an argument buddy.

>Constantly says "The Nazis are on the backfoot and spending their resources, they'll lose ground!
>Has literally never happened at once in the entire comic
>They're invading the US now and doing a very good job of it
>Will have to end on a huge stupid Deus Ex Machina.

So what proof is there that this isn't badly written shlock?

>>Will have to end on a huge stupid Deus Ex Machina
Don't worry, based Soviet witch will save the day

>Implying she won't die as soon as she goes against the Nazi's
>Probably while being punched

Just admit you're angry the Nazis are going to get completely annihilated by two godlike American super-negroes, you fucking /pol/poster.

I'm Angry the Nazis have been constantly said to be on the back foot, yet they've just destroyed everything with little effort.

The writer has constantly claimed "Oh the Nazis don't have the means to support the Ubers much longer"

Yet they've conquered Europe. Now they DO have the resources. So the only way for the Americans to win now is through a huge asspull.

Two godlike American super-negroes will be busy gangbanging Japan harder than the Little Boy and the Fatman (which didn't happen in this timeline)

They haven't conquered Europe mate. Read the fucking comic, you retard.

Patton is in motherfucking France, ready to storm all the way to Berlin.

>Patton

His plot point was dropped entirely after Invasion and will be dropped forever since someone pointed it out that it was stupid for Patton to be in France if the UK was under Nazi control.

>Patton is in motherfucking France
I have to say, Patton being an Uber was one awesome moment of asspull

The UK isn't under Nazi control. The UK has capitulated to the Nazis. You know... like Vichy-France.

>London is literally occupied by Nazis.
>Patton's last scene is blowing up some people showing he's an uber.

>Nazi's someone let Patton escape to france, Another country under Nazi control
>All the Ubers of use go to American instead of just killing Patton

Why are you defending bad writing so much anyway?

If you read WW2 as a fiction book, you'd think it had bad writing too.

>nazis control all of continental europe
>put all their resources into V2's and mega-tanks instead of trying to take out the UK sensibly

>Hitler fucked the war entirely so he could find magic
>Zzap, mutha fucka

The real meat of the comic is - what the fuck allows people to become these supermen?

What the FUCK happened to the first test subject?

Was that the one in the cave that everyone was fucking terrified of,that was basically a Chaos Spawn Tier mound of flesh?

Yeah. The thing that they tried to keep at bay with the panzerfausts.

That was Battleship Zero, I think. Not the first Uber full stop.

Do you guys remember which comic featured Battleship 0/first test subject?

Maybe post the pages?

Patton is just a regular tankmen for all we know. Why the fuck would they spare any ressources apart from the fact they don't even know he is alive.

Also the bad writing is that the allies still defend southern france while GB that serves as supply hub is in jeopardy.

This. It was heavily hinted that the Japs will have their own Battleship soon.

And they aren't godlike they have the exact same skills your standard battleship has.

>while beeing punched

This. It is strongly hinted that she is absolutely deadly with her Halo. Once a heavy or two reach her before she can use her Halo she is dead meat.

The Japs already have one, remember the guy in command of the Tankman kamikaze? The one who was ordered to get into a sub?

The guy who complained how his fate was sealed when his test went *boom*?

Pretty sure hes a Battleship, and they likely have more (just keeping them in reserve to defend the mainland, not unlike how the japs acted during ww2)

>The guy who complained how his fate was sealed when his test went *boom*?
I think Japs doesn't know what it means and made him regular kamikaze Uber. So it's a tragic moment to ponder about wasted potential and what he could be.

>doesn't
didn't

I was refering to him.
Nah he was saved and brought to a location that is not Japan (prob China/Manchuria). I guess he will be fully activated at the Point were the Yanks come knocking.

Well, three things: first of all the japs did get the german research papers, those may or may not have included battleship research but considering the axis bias i'm inclined towards believing it is.

Secondly the guy mentioned being amongst the first tankmen to reach okinawa, meaning if nothing else he has survived a lot, which may or may not indicate that hes more then standard...

And lastly, last issue of the comic have the americans reporting that *a* jap is tearing San Diego apart... Now that sounds alot like a battleship, doesnt it?

>last issue of the comic have the americans reporting that *a* jap is tearing San Diego apart
I don't remember that. Got a pic?

Sure do

Fucking hell

Sure you haven't got the wrong thread, poorly baiting user?

>Uber
There is only one rule and it is the Nazis win. No matter what, the Nazis win. If they are losing, you make something up so they can eventually win. Do not forget the Nazis have limitless resources and an arbitrary amount of ubers at all times. The British are defeating us with their new battleship ubers? Well you see, I had TWO new battleships stored up! Occupying half of Europe and conducting a full-scale tankman-based invasion of the USA, while having nothing but overwhelmingly crushing victories all around? No problem!

The only situation where they may not win is if you pit them against the Russian girl, but even then don't make them lose too badly or you may make Kieron Gillen cry

Are you still busy with that boring "argument"? You got BTFO hours ago mate.

The Nazis control Germany, the Netherlands, some parts of Belgium, and East-Europe up to the Ukraine. As well as having a weird Vichy-France-like alliance with the United Kingdom.

France, Spain, Italy, Greece is all in the hands of the Allies. Balkan maybe too, I dunno.

>There is only one rule and it is the Nazis win
You know, if Sankt took Siegmund with him instead of dumb blondie loyal to Hitler, Nazis would be winning much harder now.

That is my first post in the thread. I have been following Uber practically since it began, and it's become blatantly obvious that the author has a hard on for Germany always winning even if he denies it. Last issue I read, if I recall correctly, was the german tankmen razing another city unopposed and annihilating the american tankmen. Colossus dying served to set the tone for the rest of the story and made sense in-universe, but now everything is "the germans are initially winning but the allies have a trick up their sleeve which gives them the upper hand for a while, until german superiority becomes clear and they win anyways". The only major issues they've had are a battleship getting burned by Katyusha and the Geltsmensch being discovered

The only advantage the Nazis have is that they're ahead of the Allies in terms of Über knowledge, and they're losing that edge now that Turinger has managed to decode a bit of Über knowledge that the Nazis know nothing about.

Russian (actually Ukrainian) girl is way to remove Soviets from story without conquering/wiping them out what would piss off people to much and now its convenient that Nazis can't just invade because they are afraid of their super uber , while Soviets can't advance because their only battleship is uncooperative.

That's been the status quo of the comic for years. The allies may be theoretically advancing and gaining the upper hand, hell it was even a plot point that it shouldn't be possible for the Germans to create heavy tankmen so quickly right before the geltsmensch were discovered, but we never get to see the results, unless something has drastically changed in the last issue. The new allied battleships have also been just around the corner since before Invasion was published, whereas the Germans got to asspull the two new dudes to publicly replace Sieglinde and Siegmund within like 2-3 issues.

Think is, people are tired of this "losing edge" since its only in theory but nothing really seen in practice where not only Nazis don't lose but started gaining even more ground, to point of almost unopposed invasion of USA.
And I'm afraid author will asspull Nazi battleship out of this fully save while loss for their Uber force will leave no impact, same with their commanding officer (assuming Guderian also don't just escape).

>whereas the Germans got to asspull the two new dudes to publicly replace Sieglinde and Siegmund within like 2-3 issues.
Those are Cruisers

Fair enough, didn't remember that bit. Still doesn't make it any less frustrating that they've been coming for an eternity and that we're treated to USA torture porn in the meanwhile

>whereas the Germans got to asspull the two new dudes to publicly replace Sieglinde and Siegmund within like 2-3 issues.
And as soon as the Allies learn of the deception, those two will get a legendary beatdown.

Oh, and now that you brought up the other categories, didn't the Americans go pants on head retarded and refuse to make 2 full battleships on the ground that the subjects were black, leaving them with just Colossus' brother as a potential battleship?

Not to mention real Sieglinde and Siegmund are badly damaged

The short answer is that it sucks as an RPG setting.

An uber of a higher class than another is always going to win a one on one fight. Nothing but an uber can beat an uber. Your maximum strength is limited by your genetics.

Now, as a strategy game setting it's fantastic as ubers make good elites but need support elements and high class ubers are rare.

yup.

They also did the same shit with a black test subject for the newly discovered Über type. He still died due to the extreme convulsions that one experiences during the transformation - but yeah, the Americans are being pretty fucking retarded about it.

>pants on head retarded
They want to control their heavy hitters, it's not retarded.

Wasn't Soviets training new cruisers/battleships under Ekatherine the last time they were shown?

They lost most of their ready tankmen under Kursk and the only ready battleship they head was a little crazy. There is now way for them to actually win the offensive in such a situation especially considering the abilities of Ekatherine. She is more suited for defensive operations or ambushes. In offensive campaign you'll need proper support. If she was not a natural fighter Siegliende would have whipped her in their battle due to much larger experience.

Americans lost a lot of tankmen yes, but they have all their battleships nearing completion and are currently installing new labs for creation of atomic bombs. On the other hand Nazi's are spread extremely thin. They have two battleships in America, one of which is a psychopath with clear brains deficit, third battleship is crippled and mostly travels by plane spending days in flight trying to close all the gaps. If the plane will be shot down she is out of the game for days or maybe weeks depending on where it will happen. And supposedly they have another battleship that we haven't seen on Eastern front keeping Soviets in check.

Nazi's panzemensch, blitzmensch and so on are mostly spread all over Europe trying to keep partisans in check. There is still some British catalyst and tankmen shitting all over their supply lines.

Shown numbers is 1 tankmen for around 5k people, and 1 battleship for around 500k. With cruisers and so on being somewhere in between. Germans had around 6.5kk people in the army max. Before all the shit Allies and Soviets did to them. They are already scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find panzermensch and battleships in their population and probably started recruiting civilians long ago. Considering that out of 3 starting battleships one was a psychopath they have definite problems with their human resources.

Brits were basically suddenly making the mistakes that crippled the German war effort, over-engineering and putting all their eggs in one basket.

HMH Churchill is basically a human Mk VIII Maus, ridiculously powerful but too bulky and over-specialised to ever be useful on the battlefield.

And she still could have won if they had support for her to box her opponents and pin them down.

But they had only Dunkirk on the scene.

That's something the US probably would have done though, battleships are essentially unstoppable, if two out of three were black, they'd have no way to control them if they suddenly took offence to having to use the back entrance whenever they entered a building.

Brits can't make mistakes, right?

Thing is, the limiting factor for Battleship numbers is suitable candidates, not availability of activation procedures. It's logical to provide as many as possible wherever possible, although they almost certainly got the balance wrong and committed their Battleships too early.

Well they are not so much unstoppable as there is no ready forces to take on them. And also no developed tactics. The fact that abilities of a fighter depend on his genetics also screws everyone over.

Imagine if in Kursk battle Soviets instead of normal tankmen had 3-5 Dunkirk type speedsters.

Yeah, I'm disappointed the British focus on commandos has apparantly been entirely forgotten by the Brits in the series. They're acting German, always looking for the next super-weapon or innovation to save them, not British, relying on military intelligence to make sure any engagements are as asymetrical in their favour as possible.

I feel that realistically, they'd have been sat back using counter-intelligence dickery to cause the German battleships to be moved into vulnerable positions trying to engage armies that don't exist, then ambush their support units with a bunch of suped-up commandos.

>relying on military intelligence
user, they are using acquired intelligence to close the gap in the new war nobody knows how to fight. Thanks to their intelligence USA can fight and Soviets got Katyusha.

Didn't geltmensch were not uncovered at this time? If they tried to do something like this with geltmensch in the shadows it would have bitten them in the ass really hard.

Ktyusha is more dumb luck. Soviets got early shitty processed catalyst and lucked out by sacrificing 500k people.

It seems odd that having successfully identified that producing large quantities of easily maintainable and rapidly deployable war material like tanks and sten guns was superior to sinking half your defence budget into a single all-or-nothing wonder weapon, they seem to have forgotten this when it comes to super humans.

They tried twice to engage battleships one-on-one with their own, rather than focusing on mass producing tankmen and cruisers. They had their top expert essentially babysit Churchill for her entire, protracted development rather than having her working on setting up production lines for the more basic, rapidly deployable models.

>lucked out
It was a calculated sacrifice. When numbers are so high, something is bound to happen. Who knows how many cruisers and destroyers they missed this way.

>rather than having her working on setting up production lines for the more basic, rapidly deployable models
Did Brits have enough manpower for her efforts to make much difference?