Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums
i did a thing
check it out

Alright. Change your font, it's terrible.

k
What font should i use instead?

Seems pretty easy to roll a 13 or more with 1d10+several modifiers unless I'm missing something. "Impossible" should require at least one explosion.

Ok
Increase the numbers a bit
Thanks

Keep in mind I'm in no ways a graphic designer, or game designer

Just a dude with a bit of free time

I would think you need to calculate the average sum of modifiers. Add that to 5 (average of 1d10) and make that your common difficulty number. Basically 50% of rolls should succeed against common, 20% against challenging, etc. I'm not a designer either, so those values may need adjusting. Either way playtesting will expose any flaws.

Also, to have +1 in melee and +1 in biology costs 2xp? That seems strange, but perhaps it's just because the initial negative values represent how inept someone untrained is. It may work better to eliminate the "set skill to +1," increase starting xp, and cap initial values to prevent players from spending everything on a single stat/skill.

Again, this is just from a quick glance, and playtesting would reveal more.

The 15xp is interestingly chosen
There are 15 skills, meaning a starting character can have a +1 in each one
You can increase each stat by one.
You can increase a stat by three
If you choose to only spend on one skill you might screw yourself over in all other fields.
Specializing is a wonderful way to save some xp

I mean it is in no ways perfect, but a lot of thought has gone into it

I'd say have difficulty increase in increments of 3.
Easy: 3+, 6+, 9+, 12+, 15+, and 18+ for impossible.
Maybe change "impossible" to "nigh-impossible," or "Improbable," to avoid people trying to RAW their way into doing things that are literally impossible "because the rules say I can with an 18+!"

Also, space out your paragraphs and tables.

Also, maybe use Book Antiqua, Calibri, or Baskerville Old Face, instead of what very seriously looks like Comic Sans.

I'd advise picking a genre you've strong feelings about, and focusing on it as you begin to expand the system. Toolkits are great, and this seems functional, but the more specific you get the less you should generalize.

So then the idea is to have some stats remain at zero? And have most skills around one or two? If that's the case, rolling 13 would be pretty difficult and probably shouldn't be increased. In that scenario, a player with zero mind who, say, didn't spend anything for biology would roll with a disadvantage of three when using the skill?

I have plans for two settings coming up.
And two other books called Rollplaying system: economics, and rollplaying system minions

Thanks for the great ideas though

Yea most people should have one skill they reasonably focus on(say, profession) and a bunch of hobbies (athletics)

The xp I recommended would be kind of the baseline human. Supers and demigods would have much higher skills

I really haven't done much the ways of powers or magic. The base book would be really good at coc or hotline Miami feel games.

That makes more sense then. I hadn't realized trying to increase all stats by one would require the entirety of your xp. I also agree with .
Nice job overall.

Thanks man

Guys what book should I start working on?
Bronze Age: high adventure
Summoners
Economics and weapons
Minions and allies

Comic Sans.

guys
i think i fixed it

Did it fix it?
Any glaring flaws?

Calibri (body).

Any glaring problems with combat?

How does initiative work? roll+body? What's movement like? What's armor like? What kinds of actions can be taken per turn?

It seems like if you declare an attack, but roll lower, you miss AND get hit? Should this be OR get hit? Does the defender declare wether they are dodging or "parrying"/counter-attacking? This seems more problematic concerning ballistics. You shouldn't be able to "dodge" a shotgun blast or a point blank pistol shot. Firearms should probably have their own modifiers for range.

initiative is 1d10+body
movement is 5+body m/round but, this is kind of up to the gm.
armor will be in the economics book but it adds to the body roll to not move up the chart.
idk why i did initiative because that isn't a thing.
attacks happen at the same time, when combat starts you pick which combat skill you are using. you aren't really dodging but rather predicting shots and/or disrupting their aim in some way.

>attacks happen at the same time, when combat starts you pick which combat skill you are using.

So, Adam and Bob say they're attacking; Charlie says he's defending. The DM declares enemy 1 is attacking, and 2 and 3 are defending. Then everyone declares their specific target? Or..? How do you stop an attacker from pretending to have predicted which enemy is defending or attacking? In other words, Adam deciding to attack enemy 1 after he learns it's attacking and he knows he has a better chance to hit? Perhaps it's not a big deal because the choice is either "attack the attacker for increased chance to hit, or attack the defender because no chance of being hit," which have roughly equal advantages/disadvantages?

Defending characters cancel each other out
Then the two attacking characters attack the defending and attacking enemy's
Characters pick which enemy to attack

Any settings you guys would like translated?
I thought about doing a w40k one

Don't adapt preexisting Veeky Forums IPs; all that will do is attract fanboys and fanatics, and that's the last sort of people you want attached to a fledgling project.

I'd recommend developing your own setting, even if it starts of basic. A /v/ IP is also a valid option, if you just want something to play with for the sake of production, but don't adapt 40k, or a D&D setting, or anything Veeky Forums related until you're well established.

Stats seem overcosted. You could set all of a stat's skills to +1 for 5 points and get a bigger benefit from it than buying 2 stat points for 10.

I think you're underestimating the value of a +1; that's +10% of the standard result range. Even just the one +1 negates the -1s of most skills under each stat.

That's what I meant. There's no point in increasing your stats when you can get a bigger benefit by increasing your skills.

except that it increases every skill under the stat by +1, instead of the skill, which only increases the one specific skill by +1.

I'd say increase the price of skill purchasing and advancing by 1 point each, to 2xp and 3xp respectively, and then give the players 18xp to start with.

Still not quite worth it to take stat increases. Compare

>Option 1: Increase Body by 2 for 2x5=10 points
Melee +1
Ballistics +1
Athletics +1
Stealth +1
Dodge +0

>Option 2: Purchase all Body skills for 5x2=10 points
Melee +1
Ballistics +1
Athletics +1
Stealth +1
Dodge +1

I would try 3 points for stat increases.

Stats have other purposes besides providing a bonus to your skills
For example body plays a huge part of not dying, as it boosts both combat skills and the not dying checks.
At the moment mind and soul don't seem that important but in settings where magic exists they get considerably more important

Is the name stupid?

>having Body as a stat
>having an actual fucking damage chart
>opposed rolls for every attack
>random table of stats and skills with negative numbers that aren't even explained
>always fail 10% of the time

Body is a good stat in my opinion
I really hate hp, and I really liked the idea of a damage chart
Combat is a contest to see who kills the other fastest, if anything it's an extreme opposed roll.
The stat chart are the defaults for an untrained human, I stated this in the .pdf
Yea but it's not a crit fail, id rather have a 10% chance of failing than a 5% chance of crit failing

I've noticed some things I've left out, such as
Nonlethal combat
Armor
And other stuff
Anything else I'm missing?
Anything that would greatly improve the game?

Body is a fucking gay stat. I hate every game that has ever had it. You have two mental stats, at least split up body into str/fortitude and agility. Or just don't have stats at all and use only skills. Body is just "lol high body stat I am good at everything physical," fuck that that's boring.

>I really hate hp, and I really liked the idea of a damage chart

Your damage chart is no different than hit points, and means I have to copy it down for every NPC the characters fight. Fuck no. The penalties to shit don't help. Look at some other RPGs and see what they do for wounds systems. I suggest MiniSix and Savage Worlds for some ideas.

>Combat is a contest to see who kills the other fastest, if anything it's an extreme opposed roll.

So? Opposed rolls are still slow as fuck. There is nothing wrong with a static defense score. I don't want to roll to dodge every fucking time someone attacks me.

>Yea but it's not a crit fail, id rather have a 10% chance of failing than a 5% chance of crit failing

Why not make the dice explode both ways.

Helvetica

Your first point is a good one
Second one is also valid, I'll give it some thought
Combat doesn't work like other systems, you only roll once per turn, your enemy doesn't roll to hit you, you both attack each other at the same time, making it only one opposed roll per round, it's wonky but with my playtesting it works well.
What if I make it so that you still add stat and skill bonuses?

I dunno, that should be fine. Try posting in /gdg/ they can help you better than I can.

Bump

Ok, I can make the rpg using this system, programmer here. Now we need an artist guy.

papyrus