Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

TAU BTFO EDITION

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

>Your daily duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Transonic Blades. (embed)

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Prev. Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for reasonable Tau. I'm leery of some of the nerfs, BUT I WANT MY RAILSIDES.

Actually first for the Dark Eldar and "cultural exchange".

why are fishfags so butthurt

your shit was op and it has been balanced

I haven't seen much butthurt here. I, for one, am very pleased with the changes and look forward to playing on a leveled playing field with other factions. More fun for everyone this way.

apparently tau lovers on dakka dakka are sperging out hard

What over?

Nth for 8E is just AoS in space.

7th was a clusterfuck, but they didn't need to drop it to "babby's first wargame" level.

I'm pretty hype for new Tau. While they needed some of the big stuff, there are also a lot of cool changes to some of the lesser used units (tanks, ethereals, kroot) that I'm super hyped to play around with

They were more annoying to fight than OP. Tau have had immense trouble making an impact in competitive scenes, but all of the units that people liked using were the ones that are very good against non-competitive lists.

I welcome the changes (I think the new broadsides are going to be ridiculous to be honest) and am excited to get a game in where I can use the units I like and not get immediately labeled a power gamer.

"Shot at me."

Those tau support things are pretty solid.
Advanced targeting on, well any battlesuit will be scary.

Stormsurge with cluster+pulse+SMS weapons and advanced targeting

daaaammmmn

add multitracker and the cluster rockets become
4D6 S5 AP -1 range 48'' reroll 1's, hit on a 3+ if stabilized

Is relic wargear for all factions gone? How about faction specific warlord traits? Sure seems like it

Riptide got nerfed pretty hard.

That they can't just put Riptides and marker drones on the table and instawin

Kys

How common are mortal wounds?

Not to mention there's hope that we won't be the automatic "fucking Waacfags REEEEE" faction, so we may actually be able to have reasonable discussion without the anti-Tau frothing at the mouth.

I hope the nerfs/readjustments change up the playstyle a bit. Currently I'm thinking it'll still be JSJ, but more refined. Also pretty hyped to use my Ethereals on the Fire Warriror gunline while suits become the vanguard.

Are we on dakkadakka?

How do you feel about elite armies going first? Definitely going to hurt those horde armies that take an extra turn of shooting before they get to cc.

Tau suits have all gotten substantially tankier, but at the same time have had their price increased by 30-50%. Broadsides are now 150-250 a model but in turn have 6 wounds and toughness 6.

That's it?

I've been out of the game for years now (Start of 6th) but even I heard how stupid Riptide spam got.

That and marklight on overwatch seemed stupidly broken.

That doesn't seem too bad.

Seems like they are gone for now and will come back when the codecies are made.

Railguns cause them. Sunshark causes them. Seeker missiles causes them. Destroyer missiles causes them.

>mfw I want to run Orks in 8e but can't stand boyz disgusting gorrila butts
New orks models fuckin when

More than we thought, since they seem to be on a lot of special attacks along with powerful weapons and psychic stuff

It says broadsides are 80 points but I take it that doesn't include the cost for weapons?

Oh fuck. Oh fuck! Is that what happened to the Onager Gauntlet? Fuck me right in the conversions

>why are fishfags so butthurt
>implying its all fishfags
It's mostly the unfun tourneyfags (on here anyway) who think the balance should always be in their favor (read: the pricks who pulled the Riptide spam all the time).

>dakka dakka are sperging out hard
Best quote: "I have seen the codex leaks. Tau are dead as a viable faction."

>6 wounds
>T6
>can be oneshot by a Lascannon
>Tougher

Also, ethereal buffs apply to suits now too,
a stationary suit near an ethereal gets to rerolls its 1s to hit

So ethereal buffing your backline, essentially giving every unit and model a free multitracker without any caveat

I'm personally liking the idea of an Ethereal on a hover Drone to tag along and support the battlesuits more directly

>Not painting Baboon asses on your Ork buttz

how tasteless can you be

Correct, you now pay the base plus any wargear they have.

Really common it seems but most sources won't do a lot of them.

What is the split going to be on the imperium / xenon books?

SM / Everything Else?
Elder & Tau / Everything Else?

>all that accumulated dust

Am I the only one in this thread who doesn't even play this game? I just like how comfortably everyone talks to each other and how quickly information is dispersed, unlike in certain other threads where people immediately do the gayest shit possible.

>"taufags btfo lol"
>implying im not about to laugh at astartes surrounded by my shiny new thiccsides, behind a tidewall rampart
hahahaha

like 1/10 attacks you roll are going to be mortal wounds

>That doesn't seem too bad.
Easy mode is gone. They may still be pretty good, but it's no longer CLEAR that they are one of the best armies.

For 210 points:
Broadside w/ 2 High Yield Missile Pods, 2 SMS, and an Advanced Targeting System.

This Broadside is T6 with 6 wounds, has a 1+ save in cover and puts out 8 S7 -2 D3 damage shots and 8 S5 -1 1 damage shots a turn.

Without any drones, on average it takes Space Marine firing 9 lascannons (9 fire, 6 hit, 4 wound, 2 are saved) to kills a single one of these broadsides. Adding a single shield drone (8 points) requires another 4.5 lascannons to be fired at them.

Lascannons instant-deathed Broadsides before.

>can be oneshot
>instead of is oneshot
Yeah Colbert that's how it works.

totally agreed

Apparently less than some orks players

That, too. They can actually keep up. Just imagining an Ethereal floating behind some suits shouting shit about the greater good while bullets whizz by and explosions bounce off the shield generators gives me a chub.

Given how much the new wounding system benefits shot number and how much more generally effective hordes are with auto fallbacks? eh, I'll let it rock

>all these Tau leaks
>nothing about Orks, Nids or GSC

Yes taufags are an abomination

Half right I guess. Thanks.

where are all the loyal ork players

Thats good.

I never really was one for power gaming (I ran A BT counts as army with max crusader squads) so the markerlight and overwatch shennaniganry combined with the big suits kinda didn't seem that right to me....As did the detatchments and free things.

Mono pose, mono list, needs a special character to even function.

Can you guess the 8th faction?

There are no loyal Ork players, only people who pretend they know how the game works.

I like it a lot. I think it's one of the best mechanics of AoS. It provides a lot of tactics with deployment and gives a pretty huge reason to not just MSU everything.

nigga fite me

Sisters.

Tau btfo

That's not how you play 40K either.

>tauplayers stick together
>npcs just fuck around

They didn't got books. Remember the rumors? The rules where written with help of the waacfag tournament players.

Guess what armies are in the tournament scene? Not orks

I've played AoS, 8E is basically a prettied AoS.

Then looking at unit/weapon profiles it's just more of the same shit that AoS has.

>almost no USRs
everything has it's own special-snowflake rules. Which will end up like AoS having fucking 50 different rules for what a shield does
>"power" system
Matched play points are a fucking mess to navigate, and the "power" rankings are arbitrary.
>Smaller unit sized armies go first
Fucks over anything that isn't an elite army. (see: Space Marines)

it keeps going on.

So much for "years of development"

Oh, they were T4 before, right.

Excuse me while I eat my hat.

These leaks make me sad as a Guard player. We can already see the trend of all vehicles becoming more expensive. This is going to mean less Guard tanks on the table. And our base infantry literally can't do shit against most other armies.

Why is there one autist in these threads always trying to start a shitstorm with Orks involved

Kinda proving my point, ain'tcha?

Do Drones not count for Morale in 8th ed?

Because I'm picturing a scenario where I give a riptide -1Ld and kill his drones only for him to roll a 6

Unless you stick half your army in reserve to get that first turn.

But Reecius has personally crafted the ultimate gaming system! didn't you hear 8th can do no wrong

ORKS ARE BACK BABY

Drones are always separate unit. They take their own morale tests and don't affect the units they took hits for.

Drone Support ability. They are deployed as you normally would if you bought drones, but then they are treated as separate units. Saviour protocols let you kill a drone instead of taking a wound on X unit within 6(I think)inches.

>How do you feel about elite armies going first? Definitely going to hurt those horde armies that take an extra turn of shooting before they get to cc.

Seriously? That's completely kills the idea of balance on the battlefield.

>Why is there one autist in these threads always trying to start a shitstorm with Orks involved
Zogged if I know, but 'e iz one annoying lil' git. Probably a snotling hiding behind a keyboard or sumfing.

Okay, that's good

Morale tests when Droids died was weird

Would you look at the time!

Looking at the Space Marine point costs at 3500pts I can get

2 HQs
60-70 marines
3 Land Raiders
3 Drop pods
3 Dreadnoughts
3 Rhinos/Razorbacks
3 Grav Centurions

Looks ok, I think making some transports more expensive is perfectly fine and it stops the game from needing too many models as a 1500 list will be less models than before and that is always a good thing.

>Am I the only one who thinks Primaris would be perfect for Mentor Legion?
No.

Each of those still counts as a "drop", or atleast it does in AoS. For example, rather than deploying a unit, you would "deploy my assault marines in reserves". Then you opponent would place a unit.

Hold fast, trooper. It'll be a cold day in hell before the Leman Russ is bad for its points, and if anything can wound anything, that makes the humble lasgun better than ever at its job.

Sure, you won't kill a Gargant with a volley of lasguns, but you'll never be wasting your shots, either.

>Definitely going to hurt those horde armies

it might not. Hordes doesn't always mean more units. The ork player with huge mobs might still have less total units then a Marine player with MSU's

Is ot time, brother? Is it time to AMPLIFY?

Numarines.

numarines

this feels like it should be a .gif

What the fuck. So as guard, unless im playing against nids or orks I'm only get to go first 1/6 games? That's fucking gay.

Oh look, it's another of those uninformed shitposters.

You're fake news buddy.

How does this work with transports?

Do I have to deploy the transport empty, then wait a turn and deploy then the squad in it?

What about reserves? Do I not deploy them at all, or do I take a turn to "deploy" them in reserve?

Wrong
Almost

Our base infantry is fucking frightening when you have decent numbers, which you usually do. Especially with the new frfsrf.

It's not model count, it's unit count. A few blobs surrounding characters all starting in transports would deploy after a lot of elite armies, unless you put them into one unit.

Depends on units, not models. See

>guardsmen
>leading the charge instead of digging in
The fuck kind of guardsman are you, leave glorious death to the SM

It was. I tried to crop it on my phone.

SCREAM TO BE HEARD

All that and MORE

If it works like AoS, then yes.You take a turn to "deploy" each unit, whether that be in a transport, in reserves, or on the table.

I DON'T EVEN LIKE CHAOS MARINES ALL THAT MUCH, BUT I LOVE ME SOME NOISE BOIS.

THREAD OST: youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw

>transports
unclear

>reserves
I recall the deepstrike rules we keep seeing read something like "you may choose to deploy them in a teleportarium/hangar/ship/whatever" which at first I thought was just fluff but now I think actually means that you take your deployment turn to deploy it there.

Don't fret. Guard willing be great in 8th