/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Wagenburg Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/file/jbnm8prrz1443g4/Osprey - MAA 166 - German Medieval Armies 1300-1500.pdf
mediafire.com/file/68jgaimnx24vnqm/Osprey - MAA 409 - The Hussite Wars 1419-36.pdf
mediafire.com/file/pfzzrdyn4oph5dr/Osprey - ELI 109 - British Home Front 1939-45.pdf
miniaturasmilitaresalfonscanovas.blogspot.com
ebay.de/sch/clabenlu/m.html?item=142396243950&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
ebay.de/sch/114303/m.html?Category=114303&_saslop=1&_ssn=1.figurenminiaturenshop&_nkw=&_sacat=114303&sellerName=1%2Efigurenminiaturenshop
theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=530
michtoy.com/item-PSC-SP0008-Plastic_Soldier_Company_Warsprays:_Infantry_Spray__British_Khaki.html
youtube.com/watch?v=aKXi7f7AFmU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Modern Spearhead

30th May in military history:

AD 70 – Siege of Jerusalem: Titus and his Roman legions breach the Second Wall of Jerusalem. Jewish defenders retreat to the First Wall. The Romans build a circumvallation, cutting down all trees within fifteen kilometres.
1381 – Beginning of the Peasants' Revolt in England.
1431 – Hundred Years' War: In Rouen, France, the 19-year-old Joan of Arc is burned at the stake by an English-dominated tribunal. The Roman Catholic Church remembers this day as the celebration of Saint Joan of Arc.
1434 – Hussite Wars: Battle of Lipany: Effectively ending the war, Utraquist forces led by Diviš Bořek of Miletínek defeat and almost annihilate Taborite forces led by Prokop the Great.
1510 – During the reign of the Zhengde Emperor, Ming dynasty rebel leader Zhu Zhifan is defeated by commander Qiu Yue, ending the Prince of Anhua rebellion.
1588 – The last ship of the Spanish Armada sets sail from Lisbon heading for the English Channel.
1635 – Thirty Years' War: The Peace of Prague is signed.
1814 – Napoleonic Wars: War of the Sixth Coalition: The Treaty of Paris (1814) is signed returning French borders to their 1792 extent. Napoleon is exiled to Elba.
1868 – Decoration Day (the predecessor of the modern "Memorial Day") is observed in the United States for the first time.
1899 – Pearl Hart, a female outlaw of the Old West, robs a stage coach 30 miles southeast of Globe, Arizona.
1913 – The Treaty of London is signed, ending the First Balkan War.
1941 – World War II: Manolis Glezos and Apostolos Santas climb the Athenian Acropolis and tear down the German flag.
1942 – World War II: One thousand British bombers launch a 90-minute attack on Cologne, Germany.
1967 – The Nigerian Eastern Region declares independence as the Republic of Biafra, sparking a civil war.
1972 – In Tel Aviv, Israel, members of the Japanese Red Army carry out the Lod Airport massacre, killing 24 people and injuring 78 others.

It is 583 years since the Battle of Lipany (in Czech: Bitva u Lipan, also called the Battle of Český Brod) was fought at Lipany, 40 km east of Prague, and virtually ended the fifteen-year-long Hussite Wars. An army of Utraquist nobility and Catholics, called the Bohemian League, defeated the radical Taborites and Orphans (or Sirotci) led by Prokop the Great, the overall commander, and by Jan Čapek of Sány, the cavalry commander.

The radicals had set up a Wagenburg on a strategically advantageous hill, and both armies stood against each other for some time. An attempt by the Utraquists to negotiate and resolve the conflict peacefully failed due to irreconcilable positions of the two sides. Three days after the unsuccessful negotiations, the Leaguers advanced to the radicals' encampment; although the following mutual cannonade was harmless due to distance between the two armies, to the surprise of the radicals the Leaguers began to retreat with all their wagons.

Thinking that the enemy was fleeing, the radicals' commanders opened the Wagenburg to attack the Leaguers' formation, not knowing that the retreat was a trick to draw them out of the Wagenburg. As the radicals approached the Leaguers' army, the Leaguers stopped and began to fire from their wagons. At the same time, the Leaguers' heavy cavalry, which had been hidden near the radicals' camp, undertook a surprise attack from the side and penetrated into the open Wagenburg. The radicals' army quickly collapsed and the commander of the Orphans' cavalry, Čapek of Sány, fled with all his men to the nearby town of Kolín.

The battle now changed into a massacre of the lightly equipped radical forces. Both Prokop the Great and Prokůpek (Prokop the Lesser) were killed, holding "the last stand" at the wagons. Some prominent leaders of the radicals were captured, but about 700 ordinary soldiers who surrendered after promises of renewed military service were burned to death in nearby barns.

As a consequence of the battle, the Taborite army was markedly weakened, and the Orphans virtually ceased to exist as a military force. The road towards acceptance of the Compacts of Basel was now open, and it was signed on 5 July 1436 in Jihlava. The next month, Sigismund was accepted as King of Bohemia by all major factions. Sigismund commented on the Battle of Lipany that "the Bohemians could be overcome only by Bohemians."

The last formation of Taborites under the command of Jan Roháč of Dubá was besieged at his castle Sion near Kutná Hora. It was then captured by Sigismund's forces, and on 9 September 1437 Roháč, still refusing to accept Sigismund as his King, was hanged in Prague. With the wars officially over, many Hussites were now hired by the same countries whom they had sacked during their "spanilé jízdy" or "beautiful rides" - their version of the chevauchee.

The Hussites are a fascinating choice for a wargaming army, what with their wagons, firearms, and burning fanaticism. They are well-represented across a number of systems and tend to be one of the most effective forces you can field. Their popularity also means a broad selection of avaliable miniatures across all scales.

mediafire.com/file/jbnm8prrz1443g4/Osprey - MAA 166 - German Medieval Armies 1300-1500.pdf
mediafire.com/file/68jgaimnx24vnqm/Osprey - MAA 409 - The Hussite Wars 1419-36.pdf

>Anyone have the elite series osprey book on the home guard?

mediafire.com/file/pfzzrdyn4oph5dr/Osprey - ELI 109 - British Home Front 1939-45.pdf

Mods are asleep, post Bolt Action.

Picked up this resin cast 155mm howitzer from a friend a while back for Bolt Action. Casting quality is kinda eh. I might cover it in improvised camo.

Anyone have PDFs of the ASL Journals?

if i had any more they would be in the OP. wish i did have more

Sorry for the late reply, but Ostfront would work fine. Its pretty simple and gets the job done.

Rapid fire is another option, although its a bit more complex iirc.
20mm is a great scale for getting into WW2 gaming though - many cheap minis and wide variety.

How did you make your hills?

I'm not sure, those were just hills from the club. My guess is carved polysyrene on a cardboard or MDF base, textured paint or sand applied with PVA, then painted - base coat and light drybrush.

Question:
So I read some of the last kingdom books years ago and I always wondered how realistic the whole shieldwall thing was and if there are any games the represents shieldwalls well. It sounds really boring for a game, as both players have equal amounts of guys woth shields and they just line up to hit each other..
Fascinating read. The fanatics really do sound interesting from a modelling point of view.

What are some good actual roleplaying games that deal with historical settings? Not table top with figures but something like DnD?

Twilight2k, Song of Swords and that jet plane mercenary game (planes and mercs ? Cant remember the name) seem to be popular on Veeky Forums. You can also find more obscure ones in the pdf share thread, like 1 or 2 for vietnam games.
I never played any if these though. Also Gurps?

>if there are any games the represents shieldwalls well
I think SAGA handles it in some detail

There are historical RPGs for pretty much every period you could name, and we have a few in our folders. Was there a particular setting you were looking at?

>from a friend
From Mad Bob? I have the same one

Anyone have experience playing Battlegroup? I'm looking at the rules and they seem pretty solid. But I'm wondering if anyone has any direct commentary, also how well FoW infantry stands convert to use in Battlegroup.

Are there any companies that do WW2 British troops armed with Lewis guns?

>in 28mm?

You mean in BDs with Lewis guns?

I saw some late interwar with lewis guns recently but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Foundry have a Lewis gunner in their Home Guard Heavy Weapons set. Also they're a common item with LRDG minis, if you're going to be playing North Africa.

Dux Britanniarum has shield walls, but only for the Romans I think.

It can be interesting and not boring, flanking and taunting that draws enemies out of formation are real possibilities to break a formation.

Battlegroup rules are indeed pretty solid, I like them. There's a few quirks and gaps, but most can be resolved by checking official forums or Dispatches #2, which had a big faq & errata section and can be found on the net.

Only real discussion we had was about the sense of observation rolls before aimed fire, which seem a lot more logical if you actually read the rulebook, which also has their reasoning behind the rule (which in itself I find rather charming).

FoW basing is fine with Battlegroup without any conversions, just might need to mark casualties with dice or add a few single miniatures if you don't have the right amount of anything.

DuxBrit doesn't have Romans, unless you mean Romano-British.

Also both sides in the base book (R-B and Saxons) get shieldwalls

Great game. Only suggestion, since too many people seem to have a problem with it, is don't bother allocating ammo to AP/HE pre-game, just count ammo during play and use the appropriate type.

FoW models convert over very well. If you have plenty of FoW 3-, 4-, and/or 5-man teams then modelling a few 2-man and/or individually-based infantrymen is useful, plus casualty counters.

>I think SAGA handles it in some detail

Not really - some of the factions get some defensive abilities on their battleboards to represent shieldwalls, but that's all.

SAGA is really more of a thematic game than a historical game, but it still holds a very high place in my heart.

Does anyone play Hail Caesar?

I think of it this way, if you and your mates/club want to put together a detailed recreation of, say, the Battle of Stamford Bridge, maybe don't use SAGA.

If however, you've had a long day and just want to drink some beers, throw some goddamned dice and have viking fights, it's perfect.

Not many. Played years ago, but it's truly a lite system with no depth (like BP and P&S). Plus it's somewhat badly written.

It's a pity that BA annihilated all the other rulesets from Warlord.

Not personally but to add to most people I have seen who do play it tend to modify/houserule the shit out of it (the Camp Cromwell lads are a good example of this)

Any sources (preferably UK) for 1/56 / 28mm artillery, especially Soviet? I know Heer46 make the B-4 Howitzer; are there any that make the A-19, or the BS-3?

kingshobbiesandgames.com

He can print in any scale you want and has several guns to offer.

Trenchworkx has a 122mm M-30 1938.
Mad Bob Miniatures has a few guns, including a 152mm M1909 (/30) lookalike, the "Canon de 155 mle 1917".

Can't say anything about the quality of either.

I've heard good things about Trenchworx, but they're pretty expensive.
Mad Bob, can't say I've ever heard of them. I'll give them a look, thanks.
US shipping D:

What would be the best way to rip a webpage?

I mean, this blog
miniaturasmilitaresalfonscanovas.blogspot.com

It's pretty much a treasure trove of pretty interesting scans in foreign languages(the Spanish civil war section is pretty good). But they seem to be asking for donation so i'm afraid they might go down at some point.

So if i wanted to download that blog, and all the pictures including the bigger versions, what would be the best way to do it?

OT-64

Anyone know some good ww1 game systems?

Through the Mud & the Blood.

Through Mud and Blood, or Warhammer The Great War, or Bolt Action.

Mounted my dragon's teeth on a clear base so I can put them on any table and they won't look out of place.

If you're going to do that why base them at all? Could you not just put them down on the table as they are?

I could, but then they'd get knocked around, scattered, lost, etc. Plus, this is way quicker.

Can't argue with that I suppose.

And now that Bolt Action has rules for taking fortifications, it matters.

>What would be the best way to rip a webpage?
ask /g/ i guess

>miniaturasmilitaresalfonscanovas.blogspot.com
On Chrome
>3 dots on the right of the address bar
>More tools
>Save page as

Save it as a PDF and you should be golden.

Trenchworx is phenomenal quality.

Check out Recon

Excellent thanks, its a shit shame about the warlord games version of dads army, nice minis but why slotta base!?

What's wrong with slotta? If you absolutely have to you can just cut the tab off.

To add to his question, what is a recommended ruleset for medieval wargaming? Anything decent ruleset that can do Antiquity up to Late Medieval?

They are out of place with the entirety of the rest of the range.

Tried the whole slotta to flat bases...looked awful and id rather not by minis that need extra prep-work.

Slotta itself isnt the problem, its just they are not the norm when it comes to historical.

Test of Honor doesn't seem very historical, but the cards are cool.

LAV-75

Your mom.

Impetus/basic Impetus. Fast, but with flavour still, and works.

>Watch "March or Die"
>Desire to buy 1920s French Foreign Legion increases
>Its a conflict no one would ever play

Hold me senpaitachi

does anyone has a Warlord games coupon for may/ june? 10% off or something?

>Its a conflict no one would ever play
Perhaps, but it's pretty popular theme in wargaming nonetheless. I had the old 1/72 "Fort Sahara" box from Airfix with FFL and Arab raiders, and we used to play the classic "hold the fort to the last" scenario with regularity at my club.

Been thinking about starting with Battlegroup, i think i will go with 2 armies (german and brits) because i have no one near to play with and want to play 45 and be backwards compatible. Think ican convince one of my friends to play one if the armies.So question: where do i get cheap minis when i live in germany? Also which scale and any paint guides for untalented fucks like me?

My dearest user! Death in the Dark Continent was just re-released, it's in the OP too, it has lists for the earlier FFL, but it's still there!

If you want to go cheap, you can't go wrong with 1/72.

15mm is a good scale, lots of WW2 stuff made in that scale thanks to Flames of Wars popularity.

If you're playing brits and have any interest in universal carriers, Plastic Soldier Company has a box with 9 of the things for a little over 17 pounds. Shipping doesn't look too bad to the UK as well.

Go to Plastic Soldier Review, periods, WW2, check which box do you like, and grab those along with a can of Plastidip.

In 1:72 I can recommend:
British:
- Caesar British army x2 for the infantry
- HaT British Mortars and Machine Guns, 1 of each for every heavy weapon needs
- PSC's Sherman M4A4 and Firefly box. If you have a mouldbro, he can make extra running gear and lower body so you can make 6 tanks out of the box, but otherwise 2 M4A4 and 1 Firefly is what you'll need
- Any two Caesar later German box - Panzergrenadiers looks the best usually. Alternatively, 1 box of PSC's German infantry.
- 1 box of PSC's German heavy weapons, OR Armourfast's German Machine Guns and Mortars box, one of each
- 1 box of PSC's Pz IV.

This will give you two nice big forces to play late war battles with, for probably less than 50 Euros sans postage. PSC likes to do sales, or check Modelhobbies, Hannants, or your favoured hobby shop. As to expanding them:
- AT guns: PSC does a nice 6pdr box with two guns and two tows plus lots of crew. For Germans, Italeri has a nice Pak-40 box.
- Armoured Cars: Brits don't have much in plastic, grab a Ready-to-Roll Humber IV, Staghound or whatever you fancy from Rapid Fire's site, or check Early War Miniatures. For Germans, Italeri did some of SdKfz 234s, Roden did a ton, ICM has some 222s, there are plenty of them around.
- Arty: PSC's 25pdr for the Brits, if you can find that, Revell's 105mm for the Krauts, really lovely kit. If you can't, then Armourfast's 105mm guns.

Think that's all if you want to start in 1:72, will post my two lists for BG.

agreed with the other user. 1/72 is cheap as hell and usually available at your local toystore or model store. Especially WW2. You should be able to get a box of 1/72 german and british infantry as well as a few tanks and vehicles per side in any decent toy store.

As for painting, undercoat them with white spraypaint - the tamiya ultrafine white primer is very nice. Then just paint the basic colors of the miniature, make them a bit brighter than the final color you want. Use ospreys or google image searches for reference.
Then just brush the whole thing with a bit of nuln oil (available from any games workshop store) and you're done.
At least this is my simple method for painting, some people go into much more detail. For 1/72 this method works fine though.

Brits (495 pts, 33 BR):
- 3 men forward HQ in White Scout Car (from Italeri - not easy to find nowadays, alternatives are available)
- Motor Inf. Platoon (all in M5 Halftracks, PSC), PIAT team, Medic, Vickers, medium mortar, 6pdr gun
- Tank platoon, 2x M4, 1x Firefly
- Forward observer in Daimler Dingo
- off table mortar
- 1 Daimler Armoured Car (I think from Hasegawa)

Germans (494 pts, 30 BR)
- Forward HQ in Kübel (Italeri did/does a box with two of them)
- Grenadier Platoon w/ HMG, medic, PShreck, medium mortar, Pak 40
- Tank Platoon: 3x Pz IV G
- Forward Observer in Kübel
- off table mortar
- 2x Snipers
- 2x SdKfz (if you don't mind old models, Airfix does a 222+Kübel box)
- 88mm gun (Zvezda or Italeri)

Hope this helped. You should probably start with smaller armies, one platoon per side or so.

Yep, 1/72 is a great scale to begin Battlegroup with.

Living in Germany you can buy at one of the many online retailers (Fantasyladen, Battlefield Berlin, Modellbauversand Hanke, etc.) or check if there isn't a shop in your area. Ordering from the UK also isn't that expensive, most of the time.

If you're just starting out and want to know about the quality of certain miniatures you can check Plastic Soldier Review or one of the other review sites (easy googling).

Also check for local wargaming clubs, I've been pleasantly suprised. Having two armies and thus being able to "pull someone in" is a definite bonus, though, even if you find one.

Wow thank you guys this is more than i could ask for, will definately give it a look and will try to post results as soon as i have some.

Any tips for terrain?

Since you're in Germany, the home of every model train maker ever, go for flea markets and look for H0 scale buildings. Most railway stuff fits pretty nicely with WW2. Other than that, Sarissa has some affordable laser cut terrain you can take a look at.

>Bolt Action
He said good.

As a fellow german i can recommend using ebay as a source for minis in 1/72. There are plenty of smaller traders offering tons of nice 1/72 stuff.
You also might find Revell minis in your local Kaufhof or any other store with a toys section.

For example:
ebay.de/sch/clabenlu/m.html?item=142396243950&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

ebay.de/sch/114303/m.html?Category=114303&_saslop=1&_ssn=1.figurenminiaturenshop&_nkw=&_sacat=114303&sellerName=1%2Efigurenminiaturenshop

/hwg/ I have a problem.
I live in the United States.
I have an entire battalion of 15mm WW2 Brits.
I need rattle-can primer in the correct shade to match their uniforms, and their armor.
PSC cannot ship aerosols, they are in the UK.
I am too autistic to have shades that are not historically accurate.

Buy an airbrush and Vallejo English Uniform.

>in the correct shade

Be careful what you ask for...

>historically accurate.
>ww2 uniform colour

Contain your autism, you're going down a path that many have been driven mad by the terrible truth at the end of it.

very true. For that very reason I deliberately don't paint all my uniforms uniform but with slight variations in color.
only thing that has fucked me up real hard was when the other day I've found out that the 101st seemingly did not have the US flag on their shoulder during Normandy, which of course I painted on each and every fucking one of them. FUCK!

Why can't it all be simple? Why must you tread on my dreams?

theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=530

Here you go.

>Please note we cannot ship this product to customers outside Europe.
I need to find a local retailer. 0 for 3 on that so far.

Just go to Facebook and ask them for an US supplier.

Nice. Any idea what system/style of game this had been?

All the scans of the Chevauchée rules I can find say "beta rules." Does anyone have a release version or whatever? Much obliged

Less than a minute of googling later:
michtoy.com/item-PSC-SP0008-Plastic_Soldier_Company_Warsprays:_Infantry_Spray__British_Khaki.html

Is French Foreign Legion a game, or do you just mean figurines of FFL soldiers of that era in general? Because the FFL fought in every major war France has been involved in since 1830 and pretty much every colonial conflict. In WW2 FFL regiments fought both for Vichy and the Free French (their shining moment of glory being Bir Hakeim, which Churchill deemed instrumental for the victory at El Alamein). FFL figurines could really shine in a WW2 African campaign.

thanks
I suppose just about any setting, but something set in the American Civil War would be pretty cool

Osprey has the men who would be kings rules set, might be appropriate for what you are looking at.

Finally had a chance to play Blood and Plunder. And holyshitI'minlove! The game is pure awesome, in all the ways that matter (well, aside from players, there it may of course differ locally).

thanks user!

next up on the table!

a blast from the past. SPIs 1947 release of 'Wolfpack' by the legendary Jim Dunnigan

err 1974.....bleh.....

I think TTCombat are a bit mad - this is their new depot for 28mm and it's huge

The Das Boot soundtrack better be playing

Think it was written by a guy in the thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=aKXi7f7AFmU