/swg/ Star Wars General

Full Durasteel Jacket edition.

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Has the Vietnam War provided inspiration for any of your military-themed campaigns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bingo was /swg/'s name-o.

Best ship reporting in

Replace EVERYWHERE with gayposting to better reflect the thread's current state

Sup Veeky Forums. I recently finished repainting this squad and flying it a couple of times, and it's fun as shit.

It needs a name though, and that's why I'm here.

I'm thinking Flappy Squadron as all of the ships have folding wings, but that's not the best name.

The three strikers are all Royal Guard repaints, and the Lambda is black, white, and red. (will likely become more black and red and less white as time goes on)

Some sort of bird pun?

Do you have any good names for this squad?

>TIE Striker Black Squadron
Do these guys have any relation to Vader's Black Squadron? Or has nucanon brought back the Legends idea of color callsigns not being all that special?

Fucking lol

Flappy Bird
Bird's Word
Birdwatching Hux
3 Musketeers and a Cow

The flavor text on the card implies that Black Squadron Strikers are Vader's Black Squadron, just inside a striker.

if only the Death Star Trench run involved other types of TIEs...
Darth Vader TIE Defender when?

>Vader TIE Defender
When Disney and FFG remember that the flight sims are still just as good a potential cash cow as Rebels and the nucanon films

On an unrelated note, I'm working on the next chapter of SWTG. What celebrity would /swg/ like to see in the next reasonably priced starfighter segment? Garm Bel Iblis, Ace Azzameen, and Poe Dameron have already made appearances.

Rex.
Or Luke

Pellaeon.
Him and bel iblis have a large quantity of whiskey bet on his lap time

>Has the Vietnam War provided inspiration for any of your military-themed campaigns?

>It Ain't Me intensifies

youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM

And not really. The tone seems a little too different than what I ended up running. I did have an emergency gritty folder/story arc planned if that's how the players wanted to go. They didn't. Instead, of William Westmoreland, they're playing at being Constantine.

Okay I don't know where else to post this. Are there any other role-playing systems that allow outcomes like fail with advantage or succeed with disadvantage?
I like the way the FFG rpg works but I'm designing my own game and I don't want to hitch my wagon to proprietary dice that cost $20 and might have copyright issues.
I think it's brilliant how the physical dicepools represent the task at hand (instead of situational +-1's it's just blue and black dice in the pool). And how the outcome is more layered than pass/fail. Is there a way to do it as cleanly with standard dice? Or another rules set that is kind of close?

Digits confirm. Pellaeon is the next SIARPF unless someone beats those dubs.

If his interview doesn't include at least three surprise moments of sad reflection and pausing for a drink, you have failed the empire
Besides, it would be a fitting Memorial Day special even though it technically just ended

I believe its first incarnation was in WHF-RPG 3rd edition, but it wasn't quite as refined and a little limiting in some ways. (its kind of shit IMO in that it's a bit more fiddly)
That's sort of fairly much like any evolution though

Think that if you keep it skills-light and reasonable with the talents it'd adapt over to fairly much anything and I'm sure there's probably some mad man out there adapting it with some house rules.

Black Sheep Squadron
Lord Vader's Own Tie Fighter Regiment

Would you consider something like Fate? You can Succeed with Style and grant yourself future bonuses, or Succeed at Cost and have to make a risky choice. It's more of a narrative game though, and it has its own problems.

in the "FFG Dice and You" pastebin, it mentions three training videos, but i can't seem to find them. could one of you fine people link me?

Interesting look she got.

I haven't played Star Wars Armada but it seems pretty cool. Can I use Thrawn as a commander?

We don't have Thrawn yet. We have: Tarkin, Vader, Jerjerrod, Screed, Tagge, Motti, and Konstantine so far. Were getting Sloane with wave 6, and Thrawn will likely be in wave 7 or 8.

That's pretty much what I'm going to be doing now. Actually I'm going to be replacing the FFG talents with adapted playbooks from The Sprawl and work with my players to develop custom moves during level up downtime. But if like to have a core dice mechanic that doesn't feel so fiddly or use proprietary dice.
I've been looking at Fate but it doesn't seem to be robust enough or have a Fail With Advantage outcome. Also, I saw so much anti Fate sperging and Reeeeing in the Fate General thread I'm kind of leery of the whole thing.

Any hope of ever getting Pellaeon or Daala?

Don't suppose anyone has the campaign books for the Imperial Assault expansions? Bespin Gambit, Return to Hoth and Twin Shadows? Doing a campaign on TTS but we only have a core set atm.

>The Sprawl
Oh yeah, the cyberpunk game, I often thought it would be a decent back end system for Shadowrun as well, which has become very complicated over the years as well.
Career structures are also something to consider as well. I had a look a while back at making new ones in the Oggdude generator which does a decent job of doing that + any skills or talents you want to add in.
Though if you're not into using that, Visio flowchart maker also does a reasonable job of mapping things out in a way that makes sense

Style is reminiscent of the Ep4 outfit, a bit more grown up though

Think that's pretty cool desu

I'm thinking of using this system to replace the FFG system with this:
>rolling a 123 is a success/failure
>rolling a 456 is an advantage/disadvantage
>greens are d10s
>yellows are d6s
>blues and blacks are d12s
>purples are d8s
>reds will probably be eliminated

This gives a bit more stability and ease compared to FFG baseline, and eliminates the confusion associated with triumphs and dispairs (these will just be bought at regular advantage/disadvantage cost)

However how would I add crits back in? I'm thinking d20 bonus die where a natural 1 also brings a crit. And it would add to the dice pool instead of replace a dice.

Isn't she a Resistance General?

Vice Admiral Holdo, actually.

Bith please!

welp, time to invest in scum again. Needed to clean that table off anyways.

flat 3 point reduction is NUTS

Everything in this set seems fucking nuts to me.

Also, you guys see the transports in the background on Hel's pilot card?

Those are the gunships we've seen in TCW/rebels

Yeah, I know. Any chance those are a teaser for what's to come in Wave 12?

Guess it really matters if you're going a further step in modifying the system, I'm ok with Triumph-Despair system but I can understand it might not suit types of games. Think keeping the red dice as 'its serious now' kind of upgrades isn't necessarily one of the things I'd drop just for the sake of keeping the system as close to what people already know and use.
Crits being Advantage based isn't too bad either, then just D100'ing the results along with any mods seems to work ok.

If you get something like (attached pic) printed out on vinyl stickers you can just turn regular dice into symbols

I am planning on making my own independent system, and basing it off of FFG because I think it's got such narrative potential. But I want something proprietary and which doesn't require someone to post process their dice. Just dump your dice out of the bag anx uoure good to play.

To be honest I really like the pressure red dice add. That's why I'm thinking that d20s are the threat dice. Just like purple>red doesn't change the probability that much (stats are near identical) it's that possibility of dispair which makes them have gravitas. The d20 would have only a 15% hit rate, so you could add as many as needed to the pile as needed, but the looming risk of threat is still there. Same idea for adding triumphs, but I'm not sure how you could add bonus d20s when d10>d6 upgrades are a chore mechanic.

So I own 2 Kihraxz because I wanted copies of Crack Shot- I'll definitely want 2 copies of the title, Pulse Ray Shield, and maybe the missiles.

Is anyone looking at getting the Starviper portion of this pack only?

I'm also not sure if I should get a third Kihraxz, which would mean I need yet another copy of the title...

Goddam phone posting
>But I want don't something proprietary and which doesn't require someone to post process their dice. Just dump your dice out of the bag and you're good to play.

Plus I want to make it OGL so the more things I half change from FFG the better.

Give how overcost they were before, -3 points puts them probably where they should have been all along. It's a fix, not a buff.

It's not as inventive as I'd hoped, but Vaksai is pretty crazy. For the same normal cost as EU, you can equip EU+Autothrusters. And if you have a point free, you can stack on VT.

FREE Fearlessness for EPTs, or a number of other moves. Hell, thread tracers would be free there's no reason not to take them if you don't have something better to do.

Hold the fuck up, I just saw that it makes every upgrade cheaper, not just mods.

Who wants the Starviper stuff from 2 of these?

I now need 2 more Kihraxz, and with them, 4 copies of the title/PRS.

I guess 4 of them with Crack, Tracers, Chips, Dampeners, Vectors, and PRS is an option.

Oh. Oooooh. Shit, I need some of these. Barely have scum right now, but that's about to change

Alright, so, looks like all new pilots for the StarViper - including a PS5 generic.
Two new unique pilots for the Kihraxz.
Two copies of each title.
Two copies of PRS, one copy each of Stealth Device and Vectored Thrusters.

Two copies of a new illicit that has something to do with Ions.
Two copies of a new "Harpoon Missiles" card, which deals a condition - the first non-unique condition - which does extra damage if you take a crit result.

And then one of the SV pilots has two conditions associated with him.

Total noob here. It's possible to play Star Wars Armada with paper counters, like in Battlefleet Gothic?

sticks 'em with bomb taped to a harpoon. if the bomb gets hit, everyone blows up

Anybody else disappointed that they didn't make a new Vaksai model? like pic related.

I mean, it's a little sad, but we don't know what kind of internal or even external rules they have about different sculpts and stuff. Like, a whole new mold is probably more expensives.

Where does this appear? I've literally only ever seen it in Empire at War. Wookiepedia mentions a bunch of books but doesn't list the first time it showed up

Ugh, meant to reply to Victory pic

First mentioned in West End Games RPG sourcebooks, not sure about the first time it was in a story, the Thrawn Trilogy may have mentioned them.

Honestly the Vaksai title is probably better. The Starviper still gives you nothing to spend points on unless you take Virago. So it's really -2 in virtually any real configuration of the ship. I doubt anyone will be taking generics still. Vaksai title on the flip side allows you to take a ton of different combinations that sound hilarious. Like EH and VT for two points. Definitely going to give that one a go. Also Stygium and cloaking device for two points now sounds pretty decent too.

Also the pilots are still of middling PS outside Talonbane and VI Xizor. Speaking of Xizor he'll probably actually be decent running next to a Jabba Slaver giving him two glitterstims. The PS7 guys trick is neat, but will require some work to get off consistently.

As someone who ran both of these ships extensively back when they came out, these fixes are welcome and not going to put much power creep into the game. The Kihraxz is still just a scum X-wing with one less shield and no integrated on the base model.

> these fixes are welcome and not going to put much power creep into the game.

You should tell that to FFG's forums. Half the people there are whining the big one about "scum favoritism" and "power creep".

In Empire at War, Star Wars Rebellion, and in the EU. Admiral Daala had an entire fleet worth of those when she attacked Yavin IV in Darksaber.

It was the successor of the Venator-class star destroyer, and the main imperial capital ship until Kuat made the Imperial-class ISD, if I remember well.

Eh. I can kind of see their complaints. But really Scum small ships not named Fenn and Palob are pretty much never seen. This might change that. What everyone forgets now is in wave 6-7 when they first game out, Scum was goddamn garbage. The only good list they had was brobots, and oh god people complained about that. So we finally are getting the fixes for that mistake and now everyone complains again. Whatever. I'm just glad Guri doesn't cost an arm and a leg now.

Also, as is right now, the Starviper and Kihraxz are fucking garbage. Some of the worst ships in the game. They deserve some love, and scum deserved its aces box. I also suspect there will be another around of errata fixes for the Scum overperformers.

Also holy shit there's ten unannounced SKUs between wave 11 and Scum aces. Holy fuck what are we getting in the fall? If those are all wave 12 ships that's the biggest wave they've done outside scum release in wave 6.

I'm a moron and meant seven. Still, seven packs is going to be a huge wave. Probably announced at Gen-Con for split release between the Episode VIII stuff in December and the others in January-February.

Yeah pretty much this

Our lgs has a guy who has offered to buy pizza for anyone fielding a Starviper in a tourney list, so far no takers. I'm wondering if he'll retract his policy when this expansion comes out

Could be all the TLJ stuff

That's what I said, I don't think anyone has ever said Kihraxzes or SVs were "good" ever, except maybe in an * while saying how terrible they were (*except you can do some fun stuff with Guri and Talonbane). Now, miracle of miracles, they are actually good. And even then, the upgrades barely stand on their own. Will people really fly naked Vipers at -3 cost?

But all 3 of the OG scum ships are about to have some real viable configurations. You'll be able to do ace shit, swarm shit, mindlink shit, ordnance shit - all kinds of stuff which isn't just "add jumpmasters". And all of it should be decently both unique AND useful.

Plus Scum finally got an epic.

I think it's 6 - Guns for Hire is 73, the TIE/AG is 66. But still that's like two waves worth of ships. Or Wave XII is a fat wave AND there's another Epic or Aces box in there. All of which they clearly have planned out already.

So, when's the X-wing (you know, the ship the game is named after) going to get a viable build outside of Biggs?

> (you know, the ship the game is named after)

I wish FFG had just called it X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, so people would stop saying this. Probably too wordy though.

>X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
That's a terrible name.

I would have taken that actually. I had a pretty good list back when mindlink first came out that I ran. Palob, Guri, and Talonbane with mindlink and some other essential upgrades. It got me second, losing to double decimator bullshit. These two fix cards though would give me six more points to work with, and allow me to equip AT on Talonbane. Might actually be decent now.

That would be my guess as well. Two ships for each faction? Nu-A-wing and bomber for Rebels. Kylo Ren's fighter and another EU ship for Imps? God knows what for Scum.

That would be my guess as well. Makes me excited.

I hear ya. I tried so hard to make the Scyk, Starviper, and Kihraxz good. I did alright, but eventually quit using them out of sheer frustration. I'm so glad they'll finally all be decent.

Believe it or not non-Biggs X-wings were actually viable before torp scouts. Which was wave 8. These fixes are for waves 6-7. If the next aces box announced isn't Heroes of Scarif with fixes for the X-wing and Y-wing I'll eat my hat. Patience.

Also like I said before I consider it almost guaranteed that the Scum heavy hitters are going to get another around of nerf bat. I just went 1-2 in my latest SC almost entirely because of Fenn Rau while running Imperials, and I feel your pain.

Technically first mentioned in the Han Solo books from 79-80
First described in the WEG ISB in 86

Honestly, I personally don't think Fenn Rau is a problem - he's basically like Scum-style Soontir. If you went back in the past and said that someday Fel with PTL+SD+AT backed by Palp was going to phase out of the meta, people would probably laugh (or cheer, if they didn't like token stackers).

If FFG can finally muster the balls to unfuck the Jumpmaster (and maybe sort mindlink a little - I'm still not sure if it's broken per say but it does kind of lean to a lot of benefits for little cost and Kihraxzes can soon get it for free) then Fenn will just eventually be beaten out by anti-ace tech and people learning how to fly against him.

Also, I know this will make some people irrationally butthurt - but the viable X-Wing is the T-70 right now. People are still making those work. I hear a lot about Jess Pava still - she's a freaking PS3 T-70.

Khirax Vaksai
Talonbane Cobra
Engine, auto, stealth dev
PTL ept

I mean that sounds pretty good to me? 8pts of upgrades for the combo.

>there is a real chance that someone I know is browsing this thread

I mean, that's always a possibility - but maybe not in this case since I pulled the image from somewhere else - it just seemed very apropos.

>I personally don't think Fenn Rau is a problem

I do. I shot him 10 times between the double tap on my TIE/D in a game yesterday and hit him a grand total of once. He shouldn't be getting a free evade in virtually every possible permutation of being fired at. While naturally rolling five dice at range one. His ability should have been worded like fearlessness, so if you actually flank him he's in real trouble. Probably. While also being able to be run at 96-98 points because him and the Jumpmaster are undercosted. So he always moves second against other PS9s.

I don't think mindlink itself is broken, but a range 1-3 limiter wouldn't break my heart either.

An idea I just had for Dengar is that his revenge shot cannot be modified. So no Expertise, GC, etc. Would probably bring him into line. He's the only jumpmaster I think needs more work, the rest are fine at this point.

PtL is fucking horrible on Talonbane. Mindlink or Fearlessness or crackshot are all better options.

I know for a fact that people I know browse this thread. Also, new chapter(s) tonight, maybe.Hopefully.Probably.
What current X-wing ship would you like to see brought into Armada? Or even... vice-versa?

Well, Armada is about to get the Hammerhead, which should totally be the right scale for Epic - that would be a nice addition which could reasonably include some of the remaining Rebel characters from Rogue One.

For bonus points, wait until Rebels S4 has started coming out, bundle it with an alternate paint scheme U-Wing which includes Hera as a U-Wing pilot. She'd be a little pricey, but with her high PS and an EPT she'd be pretty good - and the U-Wing has a decent number of green maneuvers to switch to.

Also gib rebel Callus

I could not agree more.

My issue is what the hell could the Imps and scum get to match the Rebels Hammerhead?
Okay so we know scum is going to get a corvette scale epic eventually what other corvette class could they get? Imps have the Raider... What else? (Not counting transport epics).

Well, personally, what I'd love to see for an Imperial epic is the Vader's J-type Nubian as basically the Imperial version of the GR-75 - but with probably a focus on crew and teams rather than cargo. No armament on it's own - come with some support crew (Like characters from the Vader comic), really put the Imperial ethos on it's head. Or just give them a cheaper support ship to run in Epic and pack full of Emperors, Generals and Officers.

No idea what the small ship to go with it would be - what do Imps have that hurts right now, besides the Punisher.

Just thought of it!
The Carrion Spike for imps.
In canon it's both an Imp and First Order Corvette.
For Scum Minstrel-class space yacht and the Mandoboo Crusader-class corvette.
(all this if the Rebels get a Hammerhead corvette in x-wing),

>I know this will make some people irrationally butthurt - but the viable X-Wing is the T-70 right now.
This. T-70s are a strict upgrade to T-65s and are fucking amazing. the only reason to run T-65s is for specific pilot abilities, such as Biggs or Wes. That being said some of the T-65 pilots have great abilities. Hobbie is super fun, Tarn can be stupid annoying with M9-G8, even wedge is great, although he really needs an astromech that meets up with his offensive power.

Unfortunately people have started linking "good" with "competitively viable" which is pretty silly given how high the power level of the current competitive meta is. A T-65 "fix" is pretty dumb, unlike the recent scum small ships that are getting fixed, you can still use T-65s in low level play very effectively.

Aprox the same size as a Raider.
This could give us a Tarkin Crew card, Thrawn and maybe even some more First Order crew.

>that spoiler

Do they know you're the one writing the gay alien sex fanfiction?

>George Lucas's
Uh, can we not?

It's a reference to pic related.

One or two of them.

Who's up for a game? Only rule is no cameras.

Can we still not? Star Trek belongs to everyone now.

Shipfag stat this

Waaaaait a minute, those are slave one wings!

So I'm looking to get into an AoR game, and my character concept is an Imperial defector from a cushy job, something non-front-line is the idea.
Diplomat-Quartermaster seems like the easiest idea, but what other spec options would fit that? Something in engineering maybe? Technician or Mechanic?

>no Renposting square

Did this guy get caught cheating?

What do you think?

When does Bad Dragon start stocking those?

You also see it a number of times in the X-Wing/TIE Fighter video games