Kingdom Death: Monster General /kdm/

Old thread is dead, but we learned some things along the way or something, I dunno.
Thread Topic: Poots business mentality and the continued discussion of who is best girl. Or whatever the fuck you wanna talk about, I'm not your dad.

>What's Kingdom Death: Monster?
Billed as a "Boutique Nightmare Horror board game" it's one part monster hunting, one part survival building in a horror world filled with tons of boobs and penises in places where neither a boob nor a penis should be
>How do I play it?
Unless you already have it, or managed to get in on the recent kickstarter, on Table Top Simulator.

This is not a very good general starter post.

But, continuing a question from last time, any things you're hoping for a reprint of? For me, either Storm Knight or the White Lion Knights.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Kingdom-Death-Monster-Necromancer-Resin-First-Run-495-500-/252864721846
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dark paladin badly needs to be reprinted

The core game because I missed the kickstarter
Dragon King obviously
Also thief and ringtail vixen.

That's fair, I made the thread and I missed the KS as well, I just buy the minis to paint them for when I can get the core

>any things you're hoping for a reprint of?
Ringtail Vixen, Skirt Necromancer, Thief, Mage.

When do you reckon the first wave of KS stuff will ship? Very very hype for my copy.

Last update said around end of august so hopefully in September. I'm super excited.

Skirt Knight and Necro, Thief, Mage, Lion Knights, Dark Paladin, Storm Knight, Ranger.

I haven't been following these threads for a while, but has anyone been scanning recent books/cards into PDF?

>He doesn't read the updates.
Here I'll spoonfeed you just this once.
KDM 1.5 Production Update

Estimated Wave 1 Fulfillment Start: End of August 2017.

Plastic production for the core game and update pack was finished as of April 2017 and we have approved the paper assets for production!

Thanks lads, any pointers on where I can find good painting tutorials that don't shill for Citadel? Never held a brush in my life and I don't want to mess anything up. Got some Arcadia Quest and War of the Ring stuff I can use

There's the warhams Daily Dunc. He's actually solid for painting advice.
There's a tutorial on Vibrant Lantern for doing the marble stone style.
Maybe check out Angel Giraldez he's the Infinity chief painter and does very good skin tones but he also uses an airbrush.
Other than that you can just google studio painters online. I remember checking out the guy who did all the Retribution stuff for PP and he does work with a lot of different paints and styles. Very interesting.

Seconding this. Duncan's a meme, but its because he teaches practical, good techniques.

Thank you! I'll make a note to check that stuff out. I really like the marble style, seems to fit the aesthetic really nicely, not sure if I want to commit to it though since I'm getting a few expansions and I'm not sure if it would get boring after a while.

The pinup gladiator and the easter model. Had no money when those were out

are we getting somethig lewd on valentines :3c

Interesting picture, does the game have a website?
Do you have a backlink to the last thread?

It's a collective secret. You awake in the dark, naked, with only a glowing Google search...

Comment meant for

This guy

DEFINITELY go for the marble.

i have painted for years and even i am considering it because it just looks fucking amazing and doesnt require much time.

if not. well i have like 4 months to learn how to blend. currently looking for beginner blend tutorials.

I fucking wish, Forsaker's mini is so cool, especially compared to things like the Butcher and King's Man which are so static and lifeless.

C-cute.

>Only ever catch when new models go on sale to see them all sold out

I'll never fill out my fantasy party with thicc loklmanlam girls at this rate

It was my birthday yesterday so I spent 2 days playing KDM with friends on a new Vanilla campaign.

Wiped on our first or second year white lion, got super lucky on the butcher with rolls despite it.

Murder happened two times, and was setting itself up for a third to kill my Fist & Tooth survivor. He randomly got Monster Claw Style and I wasn't about to let him get XP.

Dark Dentist was drawn and we had two Iron, so my dream of having a FnT fighter with Monster Claw and Metal Jaw finally happened to me. +1 Acc +1Str Savage Sharp Fist&Tooth!

We managed to get gear to take on a Phoenix on the year before the murder, sending a fodder in to get aged and take the murder. Murder set itself up AGAIN for two years later this time, so we'll need to secure another fodder.

We are still afraid of the Phoenix because we don´t know how to really fight him.
We just chicken out and fight Lv 2 Lions all the time.

>Chaining murders
Your survivors need to start fucking like bunnies and get their society principle.

>We are still afraid of the Phoenix because we don´t know how to really fight him.
>We just chicken out and fight Lv 2 Lions all the time.
I know the feeling. Time Chicken can fuck you up hardcore, especially if you Cat's Eye/Rawhide badly and it starts spamming the fuck out of its Eye of the Storm moves.

Beyond the generic advice of "Use your cat's eye circlet and Rawhide Headband, surge tactically to knock out powerful cards, and dash-cancel moves where possible", here are some tips.

More than the other hunts, the Phoenix is a damage race: It's rocking a lot of incidental bleed and armor destruction so armor only helps you so much, and it will basic action every turn to layer more hurt on you.

>Don't go against it without full survival actions.
>Having 5+ Survival is also fairly important, be prepared to burn through it.
>Do go against it with some crazy motherfuckers. The folks who can't hunt antelopes anymore because they are too fucking crazy. There is a lot of Rewind so best to have attackers with 0 age tokens
>Watch out for the goddamn aoe and dash out of it when you can.
>Especially the fucking razor wind blast it does every turn.
>If it disdains you're having a bad time.
>Of course, ageless survivors and bandages are both tech.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO ASK YOU DUMB ASS SHITTING CUNTS

HOW DO I GET THE ANONYMOUS SURVIVOR?
HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO GOOGLE SOMETHING FOR ME?

I think the main problem we have is that we either have too young survivors or too old survivors.
We are just super scared of the Hunt Phase Kid Wipe and/or the Age Shenanigans in the Showdown.
We should just man up and do it.

Valentines is in february.

Sorry it's all sold out, you are late by 4 hours.

I considered ignoring you, but such poor form must be understood properly if it is to not be repeated. In answer to your second question, it is exactly as hard to Google something for you as it is for you to Google that something for yourself. As this is an effort you are evidently unwilling to undertake for your own benefit, and as humans tend to be more willing to put out effort for themselves than for others, it stands to reason that it is not particularly likely that someone else will be willing to shoulder that burden for you, however light or heavy it may be.

Fortunately for you, it brings me satisfaction to answer your question in a snide and condescending manner, so here are the facts: Anonymous Survivor is part of the KDM 1.5 Kickstarter. It's an addon that's expected to ship in one of the last waves, predicted for 2020 though it could of course be sooner (if the design is finished in time for an earlier wave) or later (if inevitable KS delays add up). To get it for yourself, there are a couple options: If you have a KDM 1.5 Pledge, you would have had a chance to add funds for it during the campaign and during the Pledge Manager earlier this year. If you missed it at both opportunities, there might be more Pledge Manager antics later, or there might not be. If you don't have a pledge, you could visit ebay to buy the pledge of someone else or hope for late pledges to become avaliable. If you are incapable of obtaining a pledge, do not want to obtain one, or have a pledge without the Anonymous Survivor and find that the Pledge Manager does not return to grant you another opportunity, you will have to wait for it to become available for retail sale on the KDM web store or possibly at a convention. Since the Anonymous Survivor isn't a crossover it's not a KS exclusive so you're in luck.

In any case, you have to wait a few years, which might be difficult since working a few minutes on a google search or waiting a couple threads enrages you.

Can someone please tell me how the fuck they were retarded enough to miss the Kickstarter. My mind is blown that you didn't ee anything about it.

IT WENT FOR A MONTH AND A HALF

IT HAD A FUCKING FORBES ARTICLE

HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU

>Skirt Necromancer
And Skirt Knight plz

>Very very hype for my copy.
So hype you don't even read the fucking updates.

JFC you people are stupid.

>And Skirt Knight plz
She's a damn great model. I'll hope for that reprint for your sake.

All the models you have been mentioning in this thread.

All the beautiful miniatures you wish for a recast so you could get the chance to buy them.

All of them.

I own every single one of them.

You mean this girl?

Well for me, it was because I was between a poorfag job and a big boy job, so I was keeping hold of my money like I was Scrooge McDuck. Something that I regret now.

You motherfucker I hope that you enjoy them very much and are having a good day.

How to Phoenix:
Two sets of rawhide
one set of leather
one set of screaming

After you get Cats Eye Circlet, Catgut Bow, Clawhead Arrow, King Spear, and Ammonia, you stop hunting the White Lion.

Optional items to get IF the specific resources drop are the Frenzy Drink and Whisker Harp. Frenzy Drink is generally only useful early game when you don't have other gear to fill your grid with. The Harp I'm iffy on because most moods are easier to deal with than to just stand around trying to get a 7+ just to discard it.(since as long as a mood is in play, it counts against the monster's remaining health.)

The armorset is a trap, and does not scale into mid-game, much less endgame. Any bonuses you get from it are negated by the ability to safely spam your Survival abilities without spending them.

The Beast Katars are quickly replaced by the easily-obtained Beast Knuckles. The minus-toughness on the Beast Knuckles is much more useful than one luck, as your allies can Surge before monster reactions to benefit from the minus-toughness as well.

The Coat and Headdress are also shite. The two hide from the Mane could have been used to make two pieces of rawhide, or contributed towards Screaming or Leather set pieces. A gear that ONLY adds 1 head armor with no abilities or affinities is awful, and you pay double the resources of a rawhide headband for it. It's also flammable so you're bound to lose it in an event or otherwise catch on fire and die. The coat is even worse, since it's Chest Armor and not an accessory, meaning you interrupt armorset bonus. Damage mitigation is great in idea but not worth trading set bonuses for. It's also Heavy AND Flammable, so it can get you killed in even more ways.

Catfang Knife is so inaccessible it's never really worth considering, especially considering how much easier it is to get Scrap or Lantern daggers.

Anonymous Survivor will not be release for at least a year if not longer, man.

I'll be receiving extra copies and likely will do some giveaways on Veeky Forums for a few of them when that time comes.

Hey got an extra skirted Necromancer? :^)

>Catfang Knife is so inaccessible it's never really worth considering
This is one of the biggest things to change if you get Beast of Sorrow, though. Beast is probably the best resource farm in the game, so you'll be hunting it even if you don't need lion specific resources, for how well it powers folks up and even potentially enables the Lantern set in a timely manner. Since it gives Lion 3 rewards, it tosses you the Elder Cat Teeth every time, at which point the Cat Fang Knife is actually a moderately viable weapon. It's still a dagger, but as daggers go I'll take it.

what kind of 4 player houserules do you use?

i was thinking of giving everyone a veto token at the start and after every nemesis fight. normally we decide/vote together what we do on things like normally. but you can use your veto token to decide something you feel a lot about.

also all resources and endeavors get assigned to players. you can all decide together normally. but you have the last say on what your resources will be used for.

How doable is the Beast of Sorrow?
We did get the Event to be able to hunt it.
Currently doing pretty okay on Level 2 Lions.

EKOI PLEASE HELP US

can you ask poots how he decides on certain re-releases of resin models. and if we have any chance on stuff like the thief and other amazing sculpts.

we really need some kind of info about this at least.

Beast of Sorrow is the lion's standard "Murder it from the blind spot" fight turned up to eleven. From the blind spot it's toughness is a rather pathetic 9 (though the 14 in other directions is... less friendly). It doesn't have a ton of cards to work through and doesn't have the sick +speed and +damage that you'll see on higher level monsters. In fact, I'd say the only reason it's not just a level 2 replacement is because it's Level 4 -- an empty fact as its setup goes, but that means any monster level effect is at 4. Beast of Sorrow's grab is LETHAL, don't let it run you over like a normal lion, and its intimidates aren't the breather that they are on level 1/2 lions.

The other worst thing is its hunt. If it moves backwards before moving forward, you starve. I'm pretty sure 1.5 doesn't let monsters escape the hunt track (you suffer starvation and keep hunting?) but for now you do run a moderate risk of getting zonked and even if you don't that's a lot of events to chew through.

Best thing is to trip the cub on the first event and get it to attack you, enraged or no.

You can try to get Pictographs early to unlock Run Away, which basically acts like a veto. Don't want to risk dying to a hunt event or showdown taking its tole? "Fuck this shit, I'm out." Run Away is shockingly powerful, you can use it to toss a nemesis fight without having to outright sacrifice survivors. (death only happening when you roll a 1)

I don't have direct influence on his projects. I'm more of a guest director.

I'll pitch the idea of doing a QnA session sometime. Nothing guaranteed to come from it, mind you.

Here, have a titty elf that my friend drew for me as a birthday gift.

If you assemble and paint them, good for you.

If you leave them in the boxes, fuck you.

If you are saving them to scalp them later I hope your flesh is rended from your bones by an angry White Lion.

>The armorset is a trap, and does not scale into mid-game, much less endgame. Any bonuses you get from it are negated by the ability to safely spam your Survival abilities without spending them.
Any word on whether 1.5 has any WL armorset changes? Even removing heavy would make it more viable.

>EKOI PLEASE HELP US
Jesus Christ don't summon that dumbass.

Reprint of the King

I want to display that majestic fuck

well i know you dont have any say in anything at all.

its just that i know that he will actually communicate with you. so i was hoping we could get some info on resin sculpts

>Thief
>Weaponsmith
>Ranger
>Gladiator
>Warlords (M and F)
>Necromancer
>Knight

Bros. It's not fair. Poots is a multi millionaire. He holds the record for highest funded board game on Kickstarter by quite a significant margin. So why must all this great new content still be regulated to incredibly restrictive runs of only 500? Surely Poots has the capital to increase production, no? Even if he wants to do limited runs, why not 1000? Or 2000? I want to throw more money at him, but with how cut throat the demand for these models has become, it's like you need to be subscribed to the KD:M newsletter and log in like a bat out of hell to secure what you want without a moments hesitation. I understand Poots is super busy with the new expansions and what not, but hopefully he uses some of this new capital to upgrade his production lines.

I just want to give you more money Poots. Why do you hate me?

ekoi

please just show poots this fucking shit
ebay.com/itm/Kingdom-Death-Monster-Necromancer-Resin-First-Run-495-500-/252864721846

and have him print some more

The basic answer to why is that Resin has a pretty shit economy of scale and warehousing is expensive. He made 12 million (minus KS's take) all at once and has to use it to develop, produce, and deliver his four-year mission of KDM 1.5. Presumably he's actually making some profit this time (he nearly bankrupted himself with 1.0) So we don't really know how much non-earmarked capital Poots has. In essence, Poots, like any business, doesn't want to overproduce his product, and Price Is Right rules essentially apply: Ideal is getting as close to actual demand as he can guess without going over.

Now, he could probably increase runs to a thousand or 2k like you say, or do more frequent reprints, since the 1.5 KS drove demand WAY up. I remember a time when I could sleep on a limited release and find the last few hanging out in the morning. I couldn't be at the fucking movies friday when the e-mail went out and snag Ringtail when I got home. That's some crazy demand, maybe demand that should incline him towards 1k runs?

But frequent (and random) encores might be better for him. Since Resin and its cheap, disposable molds doesn't really get any cheaper at economy of scale it's fairly efficient for him to print in small batches, as opposed to plastic where you want a large order to pay off the overhead of the expensive but durable molds.

I'd like to see more encores, but I think it would be a little foolhardy to assume that more than "more encores" would be good for him unless resin casting tech improves in the next couple of years to make print-on-demand economically viable.

maybe he should just do a kickstarter with msrp prices for all resin stuff.

That would be cool, wouldn't it? It's probably not going to happen at LEAST until KDM 1.5 is fully delivered, though, and then we're more likely to get Labyrinth or Titan.

Which I'm totally cool with, I'm actually really eager to see Titan at the very least.

Kickstarter isn't practical to fuck with at this time again just for the KD store.

Other venues for pre-order have been and are continued to be explored. I'll have to try to ask him more about the logistics for the current model KD store model production to better setup a proposal for such new infrastructure.

The alternative is Poots sees that and just raises his price to $50.

If the market will pay it, why not?

Is there a pdf floating around someplace with all the rules and uploaded images of the cards / tokens? Its not worth for me to buy the models as nice as they are but i would like to play the game.

There used to be, but I don't know what became of it sadly. Anyone else got anything?

So of all the oncoming expansions/add ons, which ones are you guys looking forward to the most? For me it's probably the Pathfinder Minis and the Silver City

Doesn't failing a nemesis fight trigger a game over, though?

nope, most are not even that bad to lose against

Only in the Sunstalker campaign. And that's a special circumstance; you don't get any nemeses in that campaign until the last 5 years, which becomes a nonstop boss rush of them.

I'm pretty stoked for Frogdog especially since i refuse to buy prolapsed anus baby

Inverted Mountain Campaign = As expensive as 2 KDM boxes and absolutely massive and packed with content. Also it's being developed by Anna who's the best KDM developer. Also multiple short campaigns (BK + red waifus)

Campaigns of Death = New Story Events and new campaigns? Yes please.

Abyssal Woods = Short Campaigns (as witches!) Long campaign. More content than you can shake a stick at.

Silver city looks alright but you still have to fight the shitty Lion God at the end.

Isn't Lion God getting a rework too?

lol no?

It's just moved to a last tier 3 style boss. If the Lion God got reworked it would mean he'd have to send/sell a update to everyone who already has it.
Silver City is literally a "Make the Lion God not shit by tacking on another $65 xpac". Combined it's $100+ dollars to potentially make a shit quarry into something more interesting. I would assume there's cards for the "Final Boss Lion" but wouldn't expect much else for it.

Just lazy, no need to bring a negative attitude to this nice thread my friend

Whoever the artist is, he's channelling Yasuda pretty hard right now.

Lokman has some pretty identifiable inspirations, especially in that image.

I don't like it when he polishes his art to be Artstation(tm) tier, looks uncanny valley at times.

Ordered a mini from the website on Saturday, any idea when the order processes and ships?

Poots Time: however long it takes for you to worry about its lateness.

I wonder what expedited Poots Time is like.

>expedited Poots Time
It arrives right *before* your general "is it late?" anxiety morphs into serious concern

Nice. Looking forward to my old man mini.

I'm somewhat biased.

Otherwise, Abyssal Forest seems really fun. Great thematics to it.

Fuck off.

Go to hell.

Which is a awesome way to end a campaign. I want to try doing something similar for people of the lantern

You sound like an idiot.

Holy shit fuck off you showboating pervert.

You doing okay, guy(s)?

what the hell just happened there anyway.

about the resins.

i just want more info from poots about them. just something to confirm we shouldnt be buying stuff from scalpers, something like:
yeah guys i am totally gonna reprint everything thats out of stock at some point

Poots is a bit of a fag aobut that stuff desu.

He even shot down his own wife during the KS when Anna begged people to pledge responsibly because everything would be available at a later date.
Poots literally REE'd and retracted the statement immediately.
So yea, chances are he doesn't really give a fuck. Your best bet is to start hounding him with emails and bitching at him face to face at gencon or whatever.

To be fair, she was incorrect with the statement and idiots, being idiots, will read "everything" as "EVERYTHING, INCLUDING THINGS WE SAID WILL BE LIMITED TO KS ONLY" so it was necessary to redact the statement.

i dont get it man.

minis are selling for triple their prices. so obviously he can sell a lot more. even if he increased their price by 5% to get some more cash out of it.

he literally said that selling the resins is what made it possible to finish the first kickstarter. so obviously its one o his main money making points.

also instead of keep making new sculpts he should start reprinting the old ones first.

We don't know the logistics nor contracts there might be behind the resin releases, though.

I don't disagree that it's an issue to be fixed, but you have to understand that it's not something fixed with the snap of his fingers.

I found scans of all the cards from some 2015 upload, is a rule book scanned in 2017 compatible?

Do any of you have a canon of 'legendary' survivors?

In the first game we played my buddys female survivor became the murderer, killed his brothers survivor and turned his skull into a helmet. After that she was the permanent boss of the settlement and carried us well into the end game.

In the newest game I made it a point to get fist and tooth mastery. I figured it would end in failure, but a combination of getting +1 evasion at every milestone where it was available forged the guy into a kung fu master. He stood toe to toe with the manhunter and dodged everything he threw and in the end took his belt for EVEN MORE EVASION. I think most monster couldn't hit him on anything under a 9.

>missed the first kickstarter and refuse to play on tabletop sim until after i played IRL

managed to not spoil a whole lot but i got re-hyped again after the update.
>manage to kinda put it all in the back after 1.5 now 4-5 months later i need to bury the hype again.

watched a few lets plays so i am kinda spoiled up until the year after the butcher.

It should be. There hasn't been a new book published since then, though I think there has been some erata PDFs. Regardless, the book should work fine.

Is there anyone here in the greater Sacramento region who would be interested in playing? I have almost everything for the game, but 90% of it is still boxed up because I have no one to play it with (my normal gaming group decided it was too hardcore for them/they're pussy faggots who can't stand having their characters killed).

Why is the flower knight such a baller?

Why does the King'sman hate pottery so much? Is it because it reminds him of himself, a shell of a former man?
Or is it because of his undying hate for George Lucas, after seeing the prequels?