/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General - Third Legion Edition

Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

Potential Semblance of Order Sub-Edition

Summary: 100+ posts were condemned to death due to shitposting; several valorous Legionnaires stood in the face of the madness and barely held the thread together.

Previous Bread: >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/forge-world-and-the-new-warhammer-40000/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for loyalist

>wut if we made an alternate heresy with each side swapped, i.e. loyalist curze/angron and traitor dorn/sanguinius? Wouldnt that be cool and innovative and etc.
>WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA OLD CHAP, I BET NO-ONES EVER MADE AN ALTERNATE HERESY BEFORE! LETS HAVE 400 POSTS OF THE SAME RE-HASHED IDEAS THAT HAVE BEEN BANDIED ABOUT SINCE 2008

>wut if angron was, like, a woman on the rag, and like, thats why shes always angry?
>HUR HUR HUR WOMEN RIGHT?

>Man, i sure hope [LEGION] dont get fucked in the ass by BL, they already have problems with their primarch making idiotic decisions and their characterisation varies wildly

>[Legion/Rite/Unit] is wildly overpowered, and this sucks. To remedy this, i'm going to homebrew up an equally bullshit [Legion/Rite/Unit] and any criticism of it is going to be ignored because everything has to be at the same powerlevel as the most powerful/popular/FotW [Legion/Rite/Unit] and unless i can win at my resin soldier game nothing in life is fair

>GW cucks are forever cucked and bulls impregnate in asshole kek, and cuckoldry right, gw sucks and come play [tiny alternate wargame with three players, total, worldwide] like us ubermensch to be succesful and attractive and please i just want someone to play with me

>[Character] did nothing wrong

You forgot HH is dead, 7th is shit, HH should have gone to 8th, FW have killed HH.

I was running out of character limit, so i decided to finish on the most prevalent shitpost of them all

I was just posting what will become the main complaint in the future.

You have no clue whether or not that'll be true or not, you're just fear-mongering. Like with all the morons spouting gloom and doom over Primaris Marines replacing 'manlets'. Everyone was relieved when it was revealed that they cost considerably more in points than regular Marines, despite the fact that GW stated on day one that they would not be replacing regular Marines, though they would be usable as an (expensive) alternative.

Just because GW killed Fantasy, doesn't mean other games are getting the guillotine. 30k runs fine on it's own, aside from minor gripes, and it will continue to run regardless of what GW does with 40k as it always has.

Most people seem to play 30k against 40k because of the lack of a 30k only fanbase. So a lot of people will now lose out. Also it's harder to grow the 30k fanbase because it's more expensive and niche.

And here we go again. Can we not doomsay or insist on everything being fine at least until we get rules released? Or at least admit you're speculating rather than touting opinion as fact?

They'll just have to use their models with the 40k marine codex. Not the end of the world.

>Sangy's issue was an inferiority complex. Due to the wings he thought there was something wrong with him, that he was corrupted. The Red Thirst certainly didn't help him in that regard.
The thing with Sanguinius though, and Fear to Tread gets this down well, is that like Fulgrim he and his legion are striving toward perfection in all things (which is why they love art so much, and take a bit of pride in their prettiness).

And while the flaws certainly indicate a dangerous vulnerability for both him and his sons, they also help keep them grounded in a way that they remember that perfection isn't an end-point, but something to continually strive for.

>tfw it takes you a full minute to realize what's going on in the general image
>too busy looking at Sean Connery from Zardoz and wondering what the hell he's doing there
>finally look at everyone else and realize they're all World Eaters, and the face on the moon isn't Angron
>it's that guy who likes dropping moons on people
kek, alright I need to know what book features this story, because I really have to read it now.

Horus Heresy Retribution.

Thank you. And that's also perfect, because that's the FW book I'm currently reading (just starting on the Xana section)!

Autek Mor's tactical assault Moon is the best part of that book. You have a treat in store.

Must. Resist. Urge to skip ahead! kek

Though I think I will kick back and continue reading a bit right now.

>7th edition was a clusterfuck that people barely tolerated
>8th edition is looking amazing and people who have gotten to play it really enjoy the game again
>FW announces they're staying with 7th

Nice knowing you, lads.

The issue is not about whether 30k runs 'fine' with 7th ed. 30k grew because of the fluff, but even more so because of a better and more balanced ruleset than 40k. 8th has reversed that second condition, and in all likelihood 30k is now going to bleed players back to 40k as they go for the better rules and larger playerbase. As they've already made rules for all of their vehicles in 8th the only effort required would be the straightforward process of statting the marine units, it's the work on reissuing the books that they're shying away from. FW have believed their own hype, and forgotten that 7th is a fundamentally overcomplicated and bloated system. A player of 8th edition is never going to migrate over to a game using 7th, this move is guaranteed to stop 30k in its tracks.

The great departed Bligh himself once said that 30k will always be an expansion to 40k, they should have remembered that.

They'll switch to 8e once all the Legions get their rules for 7e.

Yes, welcome to several days ago, when this shit was first announced.
FW gonna FW, I guess.

>t. my ass

I'm actually quite happy with the decision. I find just about all of the changes to be poor; it's not even the same game any more.

>its not a convoluted, bloated mass of shit anymore

Wow, you're right!

You really expect FW to come out with 8e rules in any reasonable time? With 7e rulebook out of production, they need to put out something to keep their game playable while they spend the next few years redoing the rules for 8e.

Ha, I wish.
Once FW have invested any amount of time into their new baby they'll never let it go. You *know* that.

fw apologist 7th shitfest denier. go back to your cult

>I franky enjoy this frankensteinian monstrosity of twenty years old rules with various stitched-on expansions and cobbled-together fixes.

anyone who genuinely believes 30k 7th book will be anything other than copy/paste of 40k 7th rulebook is either a part of the 30k cult of denial, or is genuinely dumb

>reading comprehension

The people who like 8e are delusional fanboys, just like the idiots who convinced themselves Phantom Menace was good when it came out, or the bigger idiots who have convinced themselves the Star Wars prequels are good now.
I'll never understand the mentality of blindly loving anything produced by a certain person or company. Perhaps it's due to their identifying their likes with their identity. Admitting something they like has gone bad would like admitting -they- are at fault for liking it.

Looks like you were right, maybe it shouldve ended on
>FW have killed HH
>7th is shit

>7e

FTFY

7e isn't bad because of the core rules, though it does have issues in that department. 7e's problems started in 6e when they added super-heavies, flyers, and gargantuan creatures to the game. Then they moved away from the tried and true force org chart and towards those terrible formations, then brought in crap like that psuedo-Fantasy-winds-of-magic, overly-exploitable psychic system and challenges. When it comes down to it, 7e is bad because of codex creep stretching back to 3e. The rules themselves are (mostly) fine and just need a few minor tweaks (reigning in the number of USRs, for example).

But instead of fixing these issues they just threw out everything and started over with an oversimplified game designed to be played quickly, with few other concerns.
And while I'm bitching, I'll also say that the primaris marines and bringing back Guilliman is just as damaging to 40k as blowing the planet up was to Fantasy. It completely ruins the aesthetic of the setting.

>when they added super-heavies, flyers, and gargantuan creatures to the game.
I meant to say, when they added that stuff to the regular game, outside of Apocalypse.

>You really expect FW to come out with 8e rules in any reasonable time?

Yes, absolutely.

>warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/forge-world-and-the-new-warhammer-40000/

They're releasing rules for every single one of their 40k units when 8th launches. To put that into context, that's every vehicle FW makes for HH, as well as all of their xenos ranges, knights, titans, IG, characters from the Badab war, and more besides. They're even doing most of the mechanicum stuff in Fires of Cyraxus.

What does that leave in order to port HH over? Essentially every unit that involves marines on foot, including legion special units, primarchs, legion rules and RoW. That's quite a lot, but marine statlines are already sorted, all of those are a tweak of an existing unit rather than a whole new set of rules. It's a small fraction of what they're having to do for 40k, which includes units covering perhaps 75% of the workload for updating HH to 8th, and they're managing to finish that all by the end of June. They could easily do it, and finish it by the end of the year, but they've chosen not to.

So explain how FW takes ages to write a few pages of 7e rules and still fuck it up?

Everyone was too busy converting to 8th AKA where all the money is to bother with the relatively small HH playerbase and the only guy who gave a shit about HH had cancer.

So they fucked Inferno by spending all their resource on changing their SM and CSM vehicles into 8e, yet they totally had the time and resources to to change all of 30k into 8e if they wanted to?

Did you read ?

I suspect that the reason for Inferno's enormous delay could have been because a lot of their rules-writing time was being spent getting stuff ready for 8th. Still, my point remains that they've done most of the hard work for transitioning HH to 8th, now all that's left is to do the marine units, which is mostly a case of wargear options plus a special rule for each legion. Not difficult compared to what they've already done coming up with complete rulesets for contemptors, leviathans, sicarians, lightnings, medusas, etc.

literally 10 ppl play HH, of those 10, 9 buy chinaforge.
why would FW give afuck about ultraniche tards

Yes. And as user said, they could easily do it, yet at the same time they had to neglect Inferno to convert SM and CSM vehicles to 8th.

I ask myself that every day they put out some more 30k shit, instead of making something people actually want.

Because Alan Bligh was the tenth HH player, but now he's gone.

FW resin causes cancer confirmed.

Inhaling any type of resin particles is going to fuck with you, that's why they advice you to use face masks etc. Not that hard.

Also glues and stuff are organic solvents so maybe be careful with that you DG wannabes

Post more miniatures!

Looking good, you're gonna add highlights to the weapons and backpack right?

Working on this fucker

What does the filename "WIP World Eater" mean to you?
Very cool Word Bearer, how did you do the eyes?

White basecoat and then applying waywatcher green a couple of times. Pretty easy and looks very good

I used to do that for my OC Chapter of Suemarines.

It's good to have techniques like that when you have 50 marines to paint

Love the nail markings. Did a fingerpainting baby slap his chest?

so what does an ultimate Scoria mechanicum power list look like at 2.5k?
appreciate Scoria is bulshit, but i havent see a list that really scares me

Don't you know of the World Eater baby platoon?

>Did a fingerpainting baby slap his chest?

No, Trump.

>bringing politics in even as a joke
>after last thread

SHIGGY DIGGY

Well, can't argue with those digits.

Trips of truth

Thank you Dorn.

Based Rogal.

>crooked Horus voter detected

Get fucked, heretic. Emperor-Guilliman 020.M42!

How many eagle decorations do you think the rumoured Dorn model will have? Taking bets now.

Do wings, claws and heads count, or does it have to be full aquila?

>one pauldron
>one behind the head
>one on each shin
>one on the chest
>two on Storm's Teeth
>one on Voice of Terra
My guess is 8.

I know he gets a lot of hate, a lot of it deserved, but Roboute was unironically the best candidate for both Warmaster and Lord Commander of the Imperium. And he's the best candidate to come back.
Lion couldn't even keep his own fucking Legion in check, and his half astartes father figure steal his home planet.

Any bird imagery is valid. Aquillas are worth double points.

I'm guessing more than Valdor but less than the Emperor.

I'm betting eight.
>1 chest
>1 full pauldron
>small one on base of other pauldron
>one on chest
>one on belt
>one on his knee
>another lower on the other leg
>and one behind his head

I'm hyped for when he gets a model if the rumors are true, I trust them fully with the armor and am just hoping they go the Guilliman route with his head rather than the Fulgrim/clear/Russ/etc. way.

>Roboute was unironically the best candidate for both Warmaster and Lord Commander
I disagree about Warmaster. Roboute had pissed off too many Primarchs with his hall monitor routine to command them effectively. They would have resented his authority. Nobody actively disliked Horus except Corax.

You forgot the aquila on his codpiece.

>unironically the best candidate for Warmaster
I am a long time UM fan, and I did not, nor will ever believe this.
Being a high general is as much politicking as it is running war, and Guilliman was, and remains, mediocre at best at dealing with disparate personalities that he can not order about easily.

Full aquila:
>torso
>collar
>backpack
>pauldrons
>tassets
>greaves
>belt buckle
>chainsword blade
>tabard

Wing/head:
>vambraces
>knee pads
>both sides of gun (if any)
>wing hand guard and eagle head tip on chainsword

>this post was made for a warrior and a politician
>but Julius Caesar IN SPAEC would be a bad fit

I disagree, even though HH makes it clear he doesn't like working with the 'eccentric' personalities people tend to encounter, I'm pretty certain he'd have just ended up doing what actual Caesar did- double playing and doing highly unethical stuff that's *technically* allowed due to his unique combination of powers

>Julius Caesar
Was stabbed to death by the senate, including his best friend.

Partly because he didn't rise to greet them when they came to make him a God. This doesn't seem like it would be cause for murder, but basically this was a huge breach of protocol, and the actions of a king, rather than as a notional equal.

So yeah, not that great of a politician.

>"Yes. Today could be one of the most important days of my life so far.
>"Certainly, My Lord. Helmet, My Lord?"
>"Terran, I think."
>"Boots, My Lord?"
>"The Martian."
>"...and codpiece, My Lord?"
>"Well, let's go for the Black Aquila, shall we? It always terrifies the Word Bearers!"

well, it doesn't really matter since it would have probably ended up with Horus leading the traitor primarchs in rebellion anyway, seeing how Lorgars plans were already in motion.

>tfw I don't recognize the source of the dialogue until the end

Let's hope he doesn't meet the sisters of silence.

I don't get the Witchseeker thing.

Nah nigga, he played that shit.

Pontifex Maximus+Consul AMD he had the backing of vets and money (Pompey and Crassus) meant he schooled libitus and seized power. He did waaaay shady dealings and denied power of veto, but he played the senate better than Shiev

It's a reference to the witchsmeller pursuivant, which in turn is a reference to the witchfinder general.

but Roboute was never as rude as caesar. He wasprobably one of the nicest primarchs when it comes to dealing with non-primarchs, considering mortals as his spiritual parents. His biggest conflicts with fellow primarchs stemmed from their mistreatment of mortals and their own astartes(Pert, Mort, Angron etc)

He also got annoyed when Alpharius fucked around needlessly and didn't engage in honorabu combat. Fair point, though I still don't think he'd have been able to manage the more "eccentric" Primarchs like Horus did.

>he had the backing of vets and money (Pompey and Crassus)
Crassus died trying to invade Persia, and after that Pompey and he went to war, meaning other than his own Legion, and his Egyptian Allies (who Romans didn't like), he was on his own.

The mistake of the conspirators was not stabbing Marc Anthony to death too, and letting him whip the mob into a vengeful frenzy.

I want to give a helmet to Horus model. Which GW/FW helmet would suit him the best?

Anybody know where to get an animal skull face/helmet beside Draykavac?

SoH contemptor?

Google "28mm animal skulls"

The only thing that bothers me about the split is that 30k is staggeringly expensive and as a result lots of people simply played against 40k. The cross-compatibility is important to many players. I think this cuts the amount of people you can play by at least nine-tenths.

am i right in thinking that only IW and Sons of Horus can do turn 1 deepstrike terminator army?

scrap that, only IW with Perty can do it right?

BA can do a turn 1 deepstrike army with terminators in it, does that count?

Blueberrries were still hiding in caves during the HH user.

reverse image search isn't finding anything, I didn't see that piece when searching for the blue grot, and searching the archives didn't reveal anything meaningful about the source for the full image either [/spoiler{

>SoH/LW
>The Spear Tip/Alpha Strike legion
>Deepstrike army is taxing and rather difficult to pull off
>Banking heavily on a 1-2 turn deep strike combo
>Primarily based on vets/reavers/seekers in pods/claws, need maloghurst

>Iron Warrior
>The Siege Legion/Rolling Bombardment
>Take Pert
>Terminators can deep strike turn 1
>Siege Legion
>Could in theory table an army easily turn one
>Attrition/Siege Army
>????

Still can't figure this one out

With BaC and BoP 30K became cheaper than 40K, at least for Legion players. The kits let you use all sorts of command squads, a lot of Legion-specific units with some converting/kitbashing, and pretty much every infantry unit in the regular Crusade army list, occasionally with some kitbashing or converting done. You get ten terminators that can be fielded as-is or modded into some of the Legion terminators with reasonable ease. You get generic HQ models in BaC and models than can reasonably easily be converted in BoP, and a fugly but servicable Contemptor or Custodes/Sisters of Silence. You don't even need to play Veteran-spam, depending on your Legion and what else you'll be using 3x 20 marine blobs or whatever works just fine. You can fairly easily convert apothecaries, tech marines and HQ choices from the regular marines and some bits too.

I think Night Lords can too, with their Tele-transponders