Help With Players

Okay, Veeky Forums. Maybe you can help me out.

>D&D 5e
>All caster party
>Having fun designing encounters around this
>New player joins the group
>INSISTS on playing a warrior
>I explain the premise of this campaign
>Tells me my campaign is stupid
>Other players take her side even though they were onboard with the idea up till now
>Get into an argument, end up not playing at all
>Haven't talked to anyone involved for a couple of days now

What should I do?

We get it, your group are made up of sad thirsty virgins.

If I'd wanted this sort of response I would have asked on /pol/.

If your players approach you with plans to play a fighter and be irrelevant, with the possibility of dragging the rest of the party down as the game continues, you have NO right to refuse them. Now, I know what you're going to say:

>B-b-b-but muh balance
>B-b-b-but muh all caster party
>B-b-b-but mommy, mean jocks make me scared

Shut up. You shouldn't be DMing. Your players are trying to make something interesting out of your lame, "quirky" party, and you're throwing it back in their faces. You have NO right to be DMing - just give your notes to one of your players, they can do a better job than you can.

TL/DR, if you can't handle fighters in modern Dungeons and Dragons, you shouldn't be a DM.

Do you meet up with these people in the flesh or is this just a roll20 group?

I fucking LOVE this new copypasta. this is magically retarded.

Expat from /pol/ here.
< This pretty much

IRL, we're all part of a group of friends.

No. If you didn't want that response then you wouldn't of posted on Veeky Forums, faggot.

Excuse me, asshole, this isn't pasta. I typed this lovingly out by hand.

Apologize.

Well it is now, retardo
In the meme vault it goes

You're the same user with the almost same pasta from the shitty Lovecraft hate thread.

Apologize.

Bitch.

Apologize.

Bitch.

Your players are being foolish, and the new player should be told to either follow the theme of the campaign, or step down.

Have you tried suggesting an alternative way for said player to achieve a warrior character that fits your theme? Why not hexblade warlock? Most effective magic swordsman at first level. It's in a wizards and warlock unearthed arcana by WotC. Hope this option helps abit

How rude was the new player and why is she joining anyway?
Also were the rest of your players super on board with the all caster party up to that point or was it just a coincidence to them?

Going off what you've said so far I'd say apologize to them for the argument but also explain how much work you put into the campaign already under the assumption that they'd all be playing casters

Can confirm hexblade blade is great and is not too MAD (You can get away with only higher con and charisma if you go for sword-and-board)

I mean, if someone new came into my social group and called the premise of our activities stupid, they would be thrown out for their social incompetence. But maybe that's just me.

>How rude was the new player
She said "Oh, so it's not a real campaign then?" when I introduced it to her. Berated me as I explained it further, and when I was done demanded I drop the gimmick altogether.
>why is she joining
She's been interested in tabletop RPGs for a while. Another one of my friends thought she'd enjoy playing with us.
>Also were the rest of your players super on board with the all caster party up to that point
Yeah. We were bouncing ideas for the campaign off of one another, they liked the all caster idea the most.

>Going off what you've said so far I'd say apologize to them
I guess.
I just haven't done anything wrong.

>Going off what you've said so far I'd say apologize to them
Explain why OP should apologize.

>She's been interested in tabletop RPGs for a while.
That's not what he asked, idiot. Why is she joining despite obviously being a condescending asshole? That's the major hole in your story.

Tell her she's not invited. It's your campaign, she doesn't have any right trying to force you to do things her way. You also imply she's new to the hobby, so why on earth does she think she has the right to judge your campaign? Call her out on this BS.
Your friends just sound like orbiters. If they refuse to play after kicking her out, find new friends.

Swing the GM cock.
Talk to the players individually, and tell the new player full stop that this is the game that is running, and they either bend to the concept at it's heart or find another game.
Even then, you may be dodging a bullet by telling her to fuck off.

They're thirsty virgins, chances are they'll act like they're so mad until she leaves the room and then immediately forget a pair of tits was in eyesight and return to business as usual.

It's his GF, one of his other players GF, his best friends GF. He's a teenager who doesn't know to tell bitches to fuck right off yet. Tell her to fuck right off. Tell anyone who gets pissy with you for telling her to fuck right off to fuck right off, and see who's left after all that.

Those people are probably worth playing with. Add a couple new people to the group, rinse, repeat until you have a solid group of 4 or 5 people worth playing with.

Kick her.

Or let her join and then kill her.

Second one is a fun option. Just keep killing her characters until she gets onboard with the concept. Playing a sword n board fighter? Rush right in? Die horribly! Should have been hanging back with the wizards. Can at least piss her off until she leaves of her own accord.

Are wizards as broken in 5e as they are in 3rd? Because she's just nerfing herself if they're even remotely as strong.

Oh please, the girl will just flip her shit she isn't being pampered and catered to like society taught her nerdy boys are supposed to then the thirsty virgins in OP's group will just cry along with her hoping the sympathy points will get them a little closer to some hand holding with a real live female.

I said apologize for the argument, not accept that everything they said was right
If it got heated to the point that they haven't spoken for a few days then OP probably did go a little too far in some places and admitting this is usually a good way to make everyone calm down and apologize a little themselves

Tell them that you thought they were invested in the idea, ask them why they gave up on it so fast and like I said before, explain that you put a lot of time and effort into this. It could be that they've just taken your work for granted up until this point
Also how do you know the problem player and would it actually cause that much friction in your group if she didn't play?

Possibly. I'm ruthless as a GM though. My wife of 8 years won't play games where I'm GM because she thinks I target her (I don't). If a PC is being retarded, they gon die. A PC went unconscious my last game session in front of a dragon and dragon took one of his attacks on a full attack to finish the job. Luckily for the PC, the attack missed (natural 1 on the roll). But that gives you an idea of the way I run my games. The other characters saw what happened and spent a turn moving him to safety.

>she thinks I target her (I don't)
So will new girl. And it'll be more damaging for your group because they'll back her up more for them imaginary sympathy points.

Talk to then like an actual adult, you sad manchild.

This.
OP, cut this new girl.
She came in, disrespected the GM, and started drama before she even made a pc.
No thanks.
Stop being a cunt, you faggot.

Shelve the all caster party idea and use it later
Have whoever invited her GM for this campaign

Explain that you spend hours on your campaigns.
Explain that it would be very hard to completely change the campaign.
Explain that she is inexperienced and doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about.
Explain that if she has never tried a campaign like this, it may be worth trying before judging it.
Explain the concept of a Gish / Spellsword.

If none of this works tell her that perhaps in the future she can join in when you run a "real" campaign.

Good god this bait has mutated already!