Commander Anthology

>four decks
>three of them are fairly recent
>none of them are high value
>MSRP of $164.99

What the fuck is the point of this product? Who asked for it? Did they announce it as a joke?

At the very least it looks like it's differet from the commander 2017 decks so there's still probably going to be a chunk of those ones coming out so it's not just this as commander shit this year.

When i heard this wasn't a rerelease of the original commander 2011 decks, i was already disappointed.

>none of them are high value
For whatever reason, Kaalia deck is more expensive than Riku.

Same here, when I heard "Commander Anthology" I assumed it would be a full reprint of the original five Commander decks and my boner ripped through my jeans. Instead it's four seemingly random decks, one from each year. Fantastic.

MSRP of 165 American shekels is the last nail in the coffin. I can't believe they didn't learn that fucking lesson with Planechase Anthology. MSRP of 150, and you can still find it sold for $70 because nobody fucking wants it.

which decks?

>Who asked for it?
i want it depending on which decks are in it. definately wont be buying at msrp though

>Meren
>Kaalia
>Derevi
>Freyalise

I'm probably just gonna get my hands on one of the dice

well i already have meren so that sucks, kaalia is cool, derevi while cool i will probably burn if i buy it, and freyalise is meh

if i can buy this for less than $100 ill probably pick it up

I figured it would be one of each year when announced.
I kinda figured it'd be the most popular of each year though, not completely fucking random.

>$165 MSRP

what the fuck man. didnt they just blow planechase do this exact same retarded shit?

>$164.99
So, literally only Meren and Kaalia are the reason for cranking the price up that high? I mean, for $100 I'd easily pay for it, but $200 canada dollerydoos is going to be way too much for a box set, considering I already have the Meren deck.

Do you get any new cards or is it literally just the reprinted reprints?

All reprints, the commanders are foil.

Back when they initially revealed these they said they were going to be "premium" and if that meant every card in all the decks it might have been worth it (look up the prices for foil Sol rings and command towers alone).

What we have right now is shit.

You're telling me I could have had a foil Mycoloth, Bloodspore Thrinax, primal command and harrow for my ghave deck?

Fuck. I would have easily paid $250 for foil copies of every deck.

I just recently got back into MtG and finally started playing commander with some friends. Saw this anthology was coming up and thought it would be nice to have some preconstructed decks to play with and deconstruct. Than I saw the price.

If I can get it somewhere for under 100 bucks, I'll get it, but I'm not getting it for the MSRP. That's just too much.

It's ~$33 per deck, you can't get a single friend to split it with you?

the funny thing about it is that you can buy those decks sealed for less iirc. i think kaalia and meren are the only ones above msrp. the dice is nice but you can probably buy something like that already for cheap

Except for kaalia you can get all the decks listed here for much less than their original MSRP if you snoop around online, or even check out Walmarts in your area.

This product is only good if you want foil commanders (The foil kaalia is probably going to be 60ish) but everything else here is junk.

My friends don't want to pay for Magic anymore (reason why I stopped a few years ago, being at prereleases alone isn't as much fun).
Another friend (the one that got us into commander) is already selling me the entire Meren deck for 20 bucks, so that's one less reason to get the anthology

just be warned out of the box meren is garbage, you are going to need to replace about half of the deck to make it even halfway decent. specifically you need to focus on lowering the curve a little, getting things into the graveyard (hermit druid is really good for that btw) and sac outlets that dont cost a billion mana. oh and you will need a spore frog

do you have a deck list?

>It's ~$33 per deck, you can't get a single friend to split it with you?

There is no fair way to split that box. Kaalia's deck costs more than the other three decks put together.

Also it's not 33 per deck, it's over 40 per deck.