Warhammer 40,00 General /40kg/

The Baker is awake Edition
>Tell me about your fantasy to 40k conversions as we gnash and wail for leaks comfy sub edition

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

>Your daily duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Transonic Blades. (embed)

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Prev. Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tsT8Zm-oEMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MAGNUS DID NOTHING WRONG

Second for Slaanesh and this awesome image.

Fucking orks leaks when?

LEAK TALONS

NOW
O
W

Seconding this: give us current boy stats!

>Not Krumputa

List of things Magnus did wrong:

>

GIV US DA GUBBINS

These rules are so transparently minimum effort shit just barely above AoS launch level, it's amazing they have the gall to ask for money for them.

>tfw I picked up 10 chaos termies and a rhino for £20
Yes, all these butthurt people dropping their armies for nothing.

Let the rage flow through you Veeky Forums, sell me your army!

Any Thousand Sons or Tzeentch leaks by any chance? I want to start creating plans so that I can make my guys cool and strong at the same time. I want to plan for my plans for my planning.

GIVE US DA WOTSITS

not a leak but gw relieced the rhubric data.

No one cares about your garbage ally-tier auxiliary horseshit.

> there are people on this board right now that seriously thought AoS wasnt the beta-test for 8th ed

yeah, rubricae sheet was in an article and the poin costs of rubrics, arhiman, scarabs and exalsteds were in the csm points leak. nothing more as far as I know

HD unboxing from grot orderly

but they are said to be free

Fucked over his legion to cover up how bad he got played.

Post more Doragons.

AoS is literally better right now than the 8th ed rules are.

>assmad sisterfag detected
>implying custodians aren't some of the best models in years
Kek

I know that much, anons. I just want a little more, maybe something like scarab occult or something. I'd do anything for them just a little bit earlier.

Looking for some feedback.

YA BETTER GIVE US LEAKS AND PROVE THAT FLASHGITZ IZ A DECENT SHOOTY UNIT NOW OR IT IZ A PLANK WALKING FOR GW!

All of them are far too busy. The best space marine colour schemes are minimalist.

I have never played warhammer and I really only like admech and sisters of battle. Is it possible to make a reasonably competitive army with just them?

Don't tell me what to do.

>full rules arent even out
>already bitching they are worse

>Doragons
fucking made my cat run for the hills with that hearty chuckle

You forgot pink on the arms and thighs LOL

Will Nidzilla lists be viable again in 8th?

Avoid 1-2-5-6. The briefs other the pants only work on Superman

We dunno yet.

No
You need to use Ultramarines

I prefer 4 myself. Definitely do not go with the 1/2/5/6 red underwear route.

good for you that the core rules are free.

Little ceasers?

I NEED DE leaks

Kek. Those are the best ones

New sisters seem to be pretty arse overall and we have no idea what admech will become in 8th. But fluff-wise it's off, the Admech and the Ecclisiarchy do not get on at all because the Ecclisiarchy think the Admech are heretics and the Admech wont give any good stuff to the Ecclisiarchy.

Nobody knows who started the feud It was the Admech

i like 5 the most. all the ones with the red chest symbol make the wings kinda disappear against the rest of the red trim. 4's pretty good too, but again, having all the joint parts red makes them stand out a little less. otherwise a neat idea for a color concept, nice work

any more of this art?

Well damn

Damn ultrasmurfs.

Gold helmet, eagle and boots
Red eyes and shoulder trim OR insert
Grey flex areas and piping
Rest white.
*Maybe* red backpack.

Anyone else mad about CSM?
Death to the False Emperor sounds like a dogshit rule if the leaks are to be believed, and they're now the same price as tacs, while not having any morale negation like tacs do.

"Free" as in the basic few pages about movement, shooting etc. are free. You still need to buy your army rules and points.

>those huge point decreases for every named character
>khorne berzerkers 16ppm
nice

I think swarm army will work better

This. Ebay is on fucking fire with retards selling off their collections for relative pennies. Get in here and buy some shit at like 25% msrp boyz.

the units' rule should be also downloadable on the site

it will be points and relics and other shit that will be sold with a codex

yeah, and they changed basically every unit so to speak of "minimum effort" is just blatant trolling, buddy.

>implying custodians aren't some of the best models in years
I'll outright state it. They're busy in a bad way with fucked up proportions. They resemble gorillas more than perfectly engineered warriors. The old art where they were leaner and had the robes was a way better look.

This guy gets it. Minimalism is king.

13 points per model isn't bad.

I have a few armored sisters but not much otherwise, sorry.

red belt

golden boots (but not feet)

Nope, because that would look shit.

No you would look shit.

Is it just me or are random hits just not that great anymore? As in the new Blast.

It just seems like too random to ever trust. You could say the same about old Blast but at the very least you could decrease your scatter thanks to your BS but.. eh. Looking at the Fusion Blaster and Collider for the Ghostkeel for example, the collider has the same profile but D3 hits instead of a simple 1. Are the points you pay really that much worthwhile to get an average of 1 more hit than them? Especially when you can take a guaranteed 6 hits on the Raker?

I'm not complaining on the Ghostkeel itself but the new "Blast" mechanic

That is the definition of minimum effort.

Re-posting from the last thread to see if anyone has any suggestions.

I think I'll start 8th using something pretty close to my existing army, to see how stuff handles.

1 Battalion with Celestine and Canoness, 3 flamer/heavy flamer sisters in MM immos

1 Outrider with Canoness, 2 Melta doms in flamer immos and a small squad of seraphim

2 Exorcists wherever, and a few imagifiers to see if they're worth taking.

Should be around 2000 points.

I think we're still stuck in the 7th mindset though. Imagifiers are good and AoF are good, but they don't combo well with either dominions or exorcists, which have been our go to units for forever. I'm definitely going to look at testing out larger infantry squads, and retributors with MM and Heavy bolters, i.e. units that have a decent chance of getting an extra shooting attack at the start of the turn.

We don't know yet. I sure as hell hope so.

Swarms are lame. A medium-sized army of big bugs with a squad or two of chaff is where it's at.

I'm returning to the game for 8th after a LONG hiatus.

I was going to be converting a bunch of models I already have or am going to purchase. What is the official tournament scene like in terms of what models they will allow on the table? Back in the day I think the rule was something like at least 50% of the figure had to be official GW sculpted stuff, to be allowed into a tournament. Does that still hold true?

I was simply going to convert some guardsmen into female troopers with some simple torso and head swaps.

Any leaks about cool tin men? (AdMech and Skitarii)

It's not, but Tacs are the same price, and get ATSKNF rather than DTTFE.

More Random = More Fun™. Forge that narrative, buddy.

I can see swarms or hormagaunts moving at sanic speed being shot at to protect the big bugs effective or else you have a turn 2 charge by 1000 critters

Not yet.

What do you reccomend? got any good deals?

I might get back into Speed freak Orkz for 8th, maybe Templars too, some cheap shit on ebay would be just the ticket

I'm a bit miffed about that too. I play TS and while our infantry has gotten heaps more reliable, I still want to play a psychic-heavy army. Nerfing the amount of spells you have access to is already a blow to variety and fun but being essentially locked into a now-tiny pool is very stifling.

So marks of chaos are gone now? Fuck.

Main rule is to be Recognizable as to what it is and generally conform to size and shape of the target model.

Then they run out of synapse range.

Synapse is such a shit mechanic that makes a bad army worse.

That should teach you from turning

Yeah I will. My narrative is that random hits are gay and all my army leaders agree.

Cam get to double down on special weapons though

To be fair to the horse, who wouldn't go into rape mode if a naked, defenseless farnese was put in front of him?

>squads of hormagants running at you
>trygons, genestealers, raveners, and lictors popping up inside your asshole and charging turn 1
>all while your big bugs slog up the board to do REAL damage

YESSSSS

I can see that little phrase becoming quite the spammable meme is chaos goes back to being shit in 8th.

What makes you think stuff like Warriors won't be as fast at a hormagaunt?

No?

No they aren't. Even vehicles have access to them now.

Assuming it works exactly the same as in 7th.

That's not even a huge plus now that heavy weapons in tac squads aren't shit, either. I'm probably going to start sticking heavy bolters in my CSM squads anyways.

Really? Sounds like they relaxed the rules a bit. Does this mean I could buy entire female models from a completely different company and just plunk them on the table without converting anything? Pic related.

ad mech, yes in 7th. 8th I hope we will be ok, given how well they sell I don't think gw will kill us.
sisters, just dont.

anyone found something for AdMech oder DAngels? such a slow day for leaks...to phrase el presidente: very, very bad!

Yeah cause theres no way psykers will have unique spells like AoS considering we got the same 'rule of one' rule.

Knights have 5 wounds

And yet cult marines don't for some retarded reason.

>>implying custodians aren't some of the best models in years

They're ugly as shit.
They wish they had the Primarine swag.

Yes they do, they have the Tzeentch keyword

Would Khorne punish a warrior if he raped a girl? They're not much of a challange anyway, and vanilla raping a single person is probably too tame for Slaneesh.

>Would Khorne punish a warrior if he raped a girl?

No.

They can't buy marks because they are mandatory and already included in their profile.

Can't have multiple marks.
Unless you're old armless.

Tournaments have varying rules but anything GW does requires Citadel models.