>Hating?
>Metagame thoughts?

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
>mainphasemtg.net/modern-tier-list/2017/5/29/modern-tiered-list-weekly-update-and-analysis-for-52917

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern/full#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-02-17-modern-tezz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous thread:

Burn is better than DSJ
Only retards think otherwise

Considering that "better" is a subjective term...

>Better
>Subjective
Tell me how lightning bolt is subjectively worst than shock

Pic related.

Tell me how Burn is objectively better than DSJ.

>Someone losing tempo against a 1cmc is worst than not losing any tempo, when it has been demonstrated that 1 Mana is Worth at least 2 life.
Do you even play the game? Burn can easily defeat DSJ

So one deck being able to defeat another makes that deck better?

Are you sure you understand how metagames work?

Burns a great deck. It literally just needs one card to push it into extremely good. I want Sulfuric Vortex or another good red creature.

Modern Burn needs fireblast IMO
Being able to safely kill eidolon in the mirror match is important

just reprint price of progess 2bh. that's literally all we need for modern burn to be fair & balanced.

I don't think there's a way to make Stompy faster, but there is a lot of disruption cards that can be put in the sideboard that haven't been tested yet

Harsh Mentor?

Even with those cards, Stompy just isn't viable in competitive Modern.

Burn is already tier 1. Do you want it it be teir 0?

Would a card like this help to make jeskai control more viable?

I just want Sulfuric Vortex. I hate losing to topdecking lands.

That's literally every deck. Every single deck loses to late game land top decks.

Go play manaless dredge if you don't want to lose to land (unless you play against legacy lands, but that's another story)

>playing
Faeries
>brewing
Faeries
>hating
Ad Naus, burn
>metagame thoughts
Unban Eye, ban Temple, ban Cavern, ban Goblin Guide, ban Eidolon, ban Angel's Grace, ban Ad Naus, reprint Counterspell

Except Valakut decks.

>hating ad nauseam
>as faeries
Just play thoughtsiezes and inquisitions and you should beat ad nauseam. Hell, throw in some vendillion cliques and a bit of counter magic and you should win easily.

Lol just because your tier 3 shitbrew loses to Burn doesnt mean they will ever ban it. Keep crying as you get Lava Spiked to death. Do you not like that Eidolon causes all of your gay faeries to shock you?

>unban eye, ban temple
>making 4+ mana on one turn from one land, and a tutor effect, is more powerful than making 2 mana that is limited to eldrazi

Not him but Faeries aren't exactly tier 3

Interactionfags everyone
>Ban a land because I cant counter things that are cast off it
>Ban two Burn creatures because my decks a durdly pile of shit that cant beat a fast clock
>Ban a fair combo because im shit at the game

Correction
>ban a fair combo that my deck has a good matchup against because im shit at the game

I've been playing Tron for 4 years, so my hatred of Ad Naus is mostly a holdover from that. And I've just never liked burn or stomp in general.

>Tronfag
>Hating fair decks
Ironic, isn't it?

Is this chart accurate?

>I lose to decks I can't disrupt their plan or can't outrace
>so they should be banned
What a fucking cuck

Nah, seems appropriate. They hate us, no reason I can't hate them back.

>Tronfag
>getting to hate anything
Fuck you. I hope the Burn player always opens up the triple Guide turn 2 hand on you.

Their hate is justified.

They hate you because Tron is fucking cancerous and warps the meta around it

Hyper aggro decks like burn and tron both do the same shit - lock up the game by turn 4. In both cases, their opponent never gets to play Magic. Tron just does it in a cooler way.

Urza's Tower is banned
Urza's Power Plant is banned
Urza's Mine is banned
Eldrazi Temple is banned

How does the meta change?

Tron is fun

You could not be more fucking wrong.

>Scissors, kill yourself
>Love rock

Is it not bullying at that point?

Blue fags crawl out of the woodwork and the format becomes a no-fun zone.

>Scapeshift in two places
>Tron fair
>No living end

>podless pod
>b/x eldrazi
You can tell this was made a while ago.

I get interactive vs linear, but what does exactly means being a fair/unfair deck

Blue sucks with or without Tron

There's no codified definition. Most people will agree it has something to do with how "possible" that deck's plays should be. You shouldn't be able to cast Ugin turn 4, but with Tron you can. You shouldn't be able to draw your deck on your opponent's turn 4, but with Ad Naus you can. That kinda stuff.

Definitions vary, but usually a "fair" deck is playing "normal" magic (e.g. T2 I play a land, cast a 2/2 for 2, and then attack). An "unfair" deck is not playing normal magic (e.g. T3 I play a land, now I tap for 7 mana to play Karn).

Tron is gay

I play Burn just to beat that gay ass Urza bullshit deck. I cherish every win against Tron.

thanks, that make sense

I thought it was weird that storm is more unfair than lantern, now I get it

I'd still put lantern a little bit up into unfair. Fucking moxes.

Why are you red people so angry all the time? Just try casting Karn on turn 3 once and tell me it doesn't feel great.

What are some good answers to Titanshift? I use Eldritch Evolution as a toolbox and have 1of Magus of the Moon in sb, but that's basically my only clear option along with 4x Path.

Do I just try and luck into Runed Halo?

Aven Mindcensor

Good, thanks.

And it doubles up against Gifts Storm g1, very good.

havnt played mtg in years.

how is modern atm? How good is archetype distribution on say MTGO? Last time I played the closest thing to a control deck was tron and the format was highly linear and uninteractive. has this improved?

If it's been years, then you probably missed Lantern Control becoming a thing.

mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern/full#paper

highly slanted towards aggressive decks as always. UW and lantern control are very viable and have put up good results recently. diversity has been better and worse but I wouldnt say its particularly bad right now

That card is god awful. Can't do anything for 3 turns is not worth anything bar winning the game outright.

It's still linear and uninteractive, but it's very satisfying to take games off the worst of them by disrupting their plan. I won a game as Tron against Ad Nauseam by forcing them to pop their Lotus Blooms early and taking them off lands. In hindsight I was probably super ahead that game, but it never felt like it because I was always worried he'd just do some dumb shit like SSG -> SSG -> Angel's Grace -> win.

B/x Eldrazi just won a GP though.

Post UW Titan list please.

What's the best version of abzan I can build if I do not have goyfs or lilianas? Abzan liege?

Just don't respond to that guy. He posts stupid shit in every thread.

UW control is far more interactive than jund. Its essentially all interaction with a colonnade beatdown plan

Lantern control is about as interactive as burn

a player got me with chord for shattered angel once. it was an incredibly weird thing too, who the fuck runs shattered angel? a player at a different store got me with tunnle ignus. if you don't have bolt in hand to kill it you just fucking die

aven mindcensor is a hoe. shadow of doubt is a hoe.

UW control = board wipe, then counter / kill everything
Lantern control = ensnaring bridge, then stop all relevant draws
They're just as interactive.

Lantern is extremely interactive you moron, you play discard to interact with the hand and are constantly interacting with the top of your opponents library as well as their more problematic permanents. Just because the endgame is to lock you out does not mean the deck is not interactive.

Is there a forum like the original wizards forums where people were so awful at modern that they thought decks like these were competitive?

You're on one right now.

>tron fair
>didn't read lol

Chart is shit btw. Bogles is definitely more linear than Dredge, Affinity, and Infect. Zoo is not more linear than Burn. Hatebears is misplaced. Lantern should probably be dead center. It's interactive until it has the lock, at which point it becomes solitaire. Not sure what B/x Eldrazi is. The only black Eldrazi deck is BW Eldrazi / Eldrazi Taxes, and there are basically no W/x D&T lists that aren't Eldrazi Taxes.

People were posting sample hands after shuffling last thread. I'm a loser so I figured I would do so too.
Overall it feels like a good keep. It even has my spicy 1 of hellion. I make sure to go WRYYYYYY whenever I cast it because I'm a fucking sperg.

>Not sure what B/x Eldrazi is
In the long long ago before Pro Tour Oath of the Gatewatch gave birth to Eldrazi Winter, B/x Eldrazi was the main flavor of Eldrazi deck running around, playing things like Wasteland Strangler.

>it's interactive until it gets the lock
At which point it has all but won the game so I feel like that not a correct categorization considering you spend more time interacting with the deck.

>white bordered bolt
triggered.jpg

post playmat

Not even Veeky Forums is as bad as the wizards forums were. Veeky Forums atleast knows what a bad deck is.

It's a silly cannuck mat I won back in April it is in no way impressive, but it makes my opponents overestimate my actual level of skill. I make bad plays on purpose to try and catch people off guard.

>I make bad plays on purpose to try and catch people off guard

Has that ever worked?

is desolator the worst mtg youtuber?

Obligatory shitdeck posting.
Casting Collective Brutality vs Burn on all 3 modes pitching the land their Guide gave you is pure bliss.
Added 3 Ghost Quarter to shore up my Tron matchup, came up once where I Quartered a UR land and they fetched a basic swamp without floating U so i got around their countermagic.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-02-17-modern-tezz/
I've seen people bluff with Pithing Needle naming stuff like LED and hoping their opponents wouldn't read to hard into it.

Yes. Many times.

The worst that anybody knows about at least.

White or Black splash for BtL Scapeshift?

Black
Push is generally better than Path after all.
Run a 1 of Infernal Tutor for spice.

White has better hate options in general.

Stop netdecking.

Come at me scrublord.

Oh God is that really what he looks like? It's exactly as I imagined. Soulless eyes, dead hair, shitty cut, random sports jersey with the plain white undershirt, all laid over some awful early 2000s cgi art. It's like if someone drew a picture to describe one of his videos.

haha make me

Is there any spell more secretly miserable than Path to Exile? If you're not playing Leonin Arbiter or like actual Land Tax you feel fucking terrible every time you cast it.

I don't mind playing it in my Burn SB
Letting a goyf stick around is a lot less painful than letting it beat face.

Once again, Affinity proves that it's just better.

That is what he really looks like, yes. He's shown his face in some videos.

Don't ask how I know this.

Like? They have enchantments that hate sure but you can't BtL for that.

i play it in tron. The majority of the time i have metalcraft due to eggs and relics. And when I didn't, I was still happy to tap down Taylor Swiftspear or a DS

>Playing

Melira combo

>Brewing

WR Prison because I'm a terrible person

>Hating

DSJ, but I picked up some leylines for the board so I'll see what happens if I can avoid getting discarded. I don't get to practice modern as much as I'd like since I only play paper.

>Metagame thoughts

I like where it's at. The store I go to gets about 20 players for modern and there's 14 different decks being played regularly

would Des enjoy something like BLUE STAFF? or would he dismiss it as being stupidly broken and OP as balls?

It's a one mana kill spell that kills almost everything, unlike Fatal Push and Lightning Bolt both of which are on my shit list currently because of a few bad run ins with Tasigur

but can you Bolt the Bird(tm) with a path?

He uses isochron sceptor himself, so yes, he'd enjoy it assuming that he doesn't consider it a netdeck