/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Previous thread:

cyoas were a mistake

This is hard. I want to make a cyoa where user joins a secret society of Chads but I also want to really humiliate user. Any ideas?

I want him to cry when he realises none of the options are real and he's still a microdicked NEET loser.

Undeath, Dark Form, Bloom. Spend my unlife touching the world, and eliminate the human propensity towards intraspecies violence.

Just have a mystery box saying in real life the player is as pathetic as you are

Write a bunch of moeblob waifus, releasing them one at time as 'wips' and taking a break for something to really stretch it out. After people have talked about the waifus enough and picked their favourite, release complete cyoa.

Part 2 is picking which /cyoag/ author will cuck them.

Delirium's mission, Despair's seal, Desire's reward. Wish to possess truly infinite omnipotence and the knowledge to control and use it easily, well, and immediately. Completely obliterate the multiverse and remake it to be less fucky, and leave DC out of it this time.

Posting again because my sins must be laid bare before the world

Rolled 1 (1d2)

>1 = watch cartoons all night
>2 = work on my cyoa
I could probably finish it tonight.

How shameful.

Why go into a separate thread when it's posted in this one?

because i'm stupid and dumb

I really should do a gallery sometime. It's a fairly decent way to learn to contribute.

>devoted doctor

Second time in a row baby. The die-gods know cyoa's are dead.

One way would be to go back couple threads, pick the unwritten gallery and write the texts for it. That way you don't need to worry about begging for images but failing to deliver.

I don't think it would be even rude to steal the gallery since it's all stolen images anyway, just don't pretend to be the genie. Or just don't release it, it's not bad idea to practice writing all by yourself. Write the descriptions, hide the gallery for a week and then go through it to see if it still feels good after a while.

It's also extremely boring and forgettable.

Everyone would just pick Angel then and claim her as a concubine while living happily ever after with their waifu.

Mutant Jungle
Neo Barbarian

Abilities (150)
>Brute Strength (0)
>Resilient (0)
>Pretty Face (15)
>Snake Like Reflexes (16)
>Be Nimble, Be Quick (12)
Skills (107)
>Wasteland Native (0)
>Implacable (18)
>Hack and Slash + Slice and Dice (25) (Two Handed Melee Weapons)
>Reckless Heroics (7)
Weapons (57)
>Two Handed Melee Weapon + (Zweihander) (12)
>Anti-Material Rifle (Mysterious Benefactor)
>Bayonet + (8)
>Whip (5)
Vehicle (32) (A Tigrex from MonHun)
>Mutant Beast (9)
+Size (3)
+Ferocious (5)
+Empathic Bond (3)
Equipment (12)
>Pre-War Infantry Armor (Lilly Mitchell)
>Radio (12)
>Cool Outfit (Pic Related) (0)
Companions
>Lizzy LeChance
>Lilly Mitchell
>Doctor Black
>Mysterious Benefactor

Will travel the area helping out people for a price with my loyal mount Kaiser while trying to find out who our mysterious benefactor is. Due to my unconstrained sexiness will probably be able to use that to escape from situations which necessitate honorableness. Going to romance Lizzy LeChance after dealing with a few missions so I know her better. Will raise Lilly as a daughter of sorts and have her deal with navigation but will probably have to deal with an Electra complex sprouting eventually. Doctor Black is team medic and will help lighten things up with his humor.

My Zweihander will cut through most enemies and what it cannot deal with my Thunder Pike will (Anti-Material Rifle with bayonet), the whip will be for jungle traveling and general non-lethal attacks.

>Undeath
>Storm Guardian
>Searing Strike
Life as a metal cover album sounds fucking rad.

>tfw Steven Universe is getting really intense
>tfw the setting is completely unsuited for a cyoa

Fuck all of this.

>completely unsuited for a cyoa
Why?

How is it unsuited for a CYOA?
>you are now a helf-gem hybrid, choose a gem
>ruby tier: 1 point
>peridot tier: 2 points
>etc
>rest of the points on connections on earth and a homebase
>choose one of the following gem invasion events to fight off
>red eye
>cluster
>fusion hedonists turning your planet in a naturist camp

Isn't the entire show about genderless robots that are all clearly female?
It's waifushit.

>waifushit
So it would make a perfect cyoa?

I figured it wouldn't be wish-fullfilling enough.
This is a good idea though.
>waifushit
You can only wish you have a bond as pure with your waifu as a fusion.

>I figured it wouldn't be wish-fullfilling enough
Do it anyways sounds like it could be a good cyoa

It's a really interesting and comfy show about the aftermath of a rebellion fought between gems that decided the fate of planet Earth. The MC is a hybrid and was raised by his mother's friends and "subordinates". The gems are an alien race of inorganic sapient space rocks with bodies made out of hardlight.

Shit is going down now as Homeworld has regained an interest in Earth and it's being revealed that everything that took place on Earth might have been nothing but a cover up for a political coup.

sounds like one of those things only a retarded kid would be interested in and you're still in it for the nostalgia

last time i listened to someone like you because he actually got a big fucking tattoo of his stupid interest, but it was still the same shit as i should have known it would be

There are plenty of non-wishfulfillment CYOAs. As long as the setting or mechanics are interesting, people will be drawn to it.

No idea what you're trying to say. It's a kid's show and it's not the best show ever or anything but it's pretty unique. Something worth watching when you want to turn your brain 75% off.

Did the HOMM3 cyoa ever get finished?

He stopped posting WIPs at some point, that's the last I herad about it.

How long does it take to create a CYOA? Some guy said he was making a guardian CYOA and I'm curious as to when we can expect it to be finished.

>How long does it take to create a CYOA?
Anywhere from an hour or two to well over a year, depending on numerous factors.

>Zodiac Brides Guy
he said a week but the last one he made took a couple months

I believe in zodiac guy he will deliver in one week and 2 days

I find it laughable how underpowered this is compared to the individuals it's supposed to enable people to take on.

How long is a piece of string?

Do cyoas ever make you feel adequate?

Does sameposting ever make you feel like you're wasting time?

It condones rape and faggotry.

Undeath
Megacity
Haunted House

Comfy Spooks here I come.

Posting other's user work.

You know how you can make the waiting seem shorter?
Make a cyoa!

that makes it sound about 20 times more suited for a cyoa than most other things

I agree. Maybe if it were some sort of standalone monster hunter/curer CYOA, it would work. But some of these other ones just sprinkle gifts on you. Telekinesis, super speed, reality and time manipulation, matter bending, and that's not even getting into the myriad planet-cracking weapons or items. Meanwhile, you have maybe one effective weapon to deal with all this shit-- and it's a SWORD. These motherfuckers have mechs and Marvel powers and shit. How the fuck am I supposed to square up with that? Unless this is Metal Gear Rising rules OF NATURE. Then it might be a more fair fight.

Sounds good, I'll get working on that Maid CYOA I said I'd do earlier.

Expect it to take a long time though, this is the first time I've made a CYOA and the second time I've used GIMPs for anything.

Good luck!

Prepare to be disappointed user.

I am always ready for that

But your parents weren't ready.

Sad but true

>Expect it to take a long time though
And there's your answer anytime you ask how long it takes to make a CYOA

>HOMM3

What's that?

Tbf, Guardian is supposed to be smaller in amount of writing required and Persona 5 caused large delay.

I ain't dunkin on your boy
I like Zodiac user
I'm just sayin cyoas very rarely get delivered on time

probably Heroes of Might & Magic 3

For that matter, you know what other cartoon would make an excellent CYOA? Samurai Jack.
>There's this planet that has been taken over by the embodiement of evil
>you can settle there, away from your own galactic government, if you win his favor with evil deeds
>balance how much atrocities you're willing to commit against the local population against territory and perks you get from Aku's regime
>get some wacky culture, natural abilities and tech of your own out of a limited point pool
>choose which of these familiar faces from the show is trying to stop your evil deeds in your territory

You don't have to ask us for permission, you can make it if you want.

It's an old image.
CYOAs have changed since then
it used to be island/basement CYOAs and stuff on about this powerlevel

The foreign rapist and destroyer of peaceful villages is already made no one will play the CYOA

/cyoag/ is filled with idea guys just coming up with a endless stream of ideas hoping someone else can put in the hard work to make them real

If I come up with a cool idea, I'll mention it. But I have a great deal many more good ideas than I have time.
You're going to have to be satisfied with imagining what it would look like.

There are loads of waifu CYOAs which are pretty much the same, and each time a new one's out people play it.

And what 'rape and pillage' are you refering to? I don't remember anything like that.

I'd trade in every single one of those dumbasses for one guy who makes semi-decent OC.

And the ones that do get done are done fucking terribly

Like Radical Islam for example, Geenymous fucking murdered that idea

The writing is usually what takes the longest, but this one is gonna be one page and the writing is coming to me a hell of a lot more easily than Zodiac Brides is done.
I'll keep working as much as I can bring myself to, but please be patient.
That is a specific ass deadline.
I'll see what I can do.
I've only done the one so far. But it did take a while. In my defense, it was 8 pages long and really text heavy.

>For that matter, you know what other cartoon would make an excellent CYOA? Samurai Jack.
Reminder that Highlander has plans for a CYOA based on it.

What's you definition of terrible?

>Implying we're not all making other OC
Can't we just talk about hypothetical shit without you jumping on our backs about getting to work in the OC mines?

Wow.
Someone was nice enough to put in the work for you and you repay them by taking a dump on them.
Thanks for reminding everyone not to do it again.

Am I the only one that finds cyoas based entirely on one universe completely uninteresting? It takes no creativity. You just divide up shit from the universe, usually right from a main character, and choose from that.

At the very least superhero shit makes a bit of sense, considering the variability generally found there

what?

You must be a moron if you really think so.
I am in fact implying that. I wager not ten percent of the posters have ever made or ever will make a CYOA.

i keep telling you people that "when you make it" is not a meme but the only reasonable response to random wild requests, and you never believe me

this will always happen because the user who has an idea really is the only one who can turn it into reality, anyone else making it will create something else that probably only vaguely resembles the idea

and of course in most cases the ungrateful moron will then whine about it, even though it's their own fucking fault

polls over the years consistently showed about 33%, though it is possible the number has declined a bit lately with the overall decline of the quality of this place, but im still guessing its at least 25%

81st post best post.

Is cyoag as open about shotas as it is about lolis?

Only straight shota.

Funny how I've never seen any polls in my three years here.
Funny how you don't have any proof either.

/ss/ yes

Why?

not my problem you aren't here often enough or are making it up or whatever

and before you whine about proof again, please give me a reason to care about proving this to you

>/ss/

>he doesn't want to be a young boy with a huge dick who sexually dominates older guys

LET ME BE REBORN

I know I'm a degenerate sinner for masturbating to my fetishes but this is getting ridiculous. You've successfully created a CYOA where I feel too guilty to actually get turned on.

No. I missed that one. My character wasn't going in an ERP direction anyway though.

You've already responded twice.

The aliasing on the censoring crosses are really bothering me more than they should.

type:
>ethereal
lets directly interact
male*

major:
>magic
>wisdom
with wisdom i will be pushing towards high technology.
combined with magic this makes me god of magic, technology, and particularly magitech.

minor:
>prophecy
>creativity
>crafts (machinery and clockwork)
prophecy goes well with mysterious magic/wisdom god who never gives a straight answer.
creativity takes a slightly different meaning in the hands of the god of engineering.
craft is basically required with my major specialization.

so who else is in my pantheon?

that doesn't work, as caring enough to respond and caring enough to dredge up ancient strawpolls are two different things

im onto your tired tricks user, it aint gonna work on me

This is great. I'm coming for you, Angel.