Warhammer 40,00 General /40kg/

When do the Full Indexs Get Released Edition
>Never Ever this is a fever dream and you will soon wake up and realize 7th edition will never end sub edition

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

>Your daily duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Transonic Blades. (embed)

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Prev. Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/m4L2J.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do tyranid flyers looks so fucking ugly?
Hive Crones and Harpies look like fat flying carnifexes.
What was gw thinking?

I have high quality Tau datasheet scans, will post them in ~2 hours (unless somebody else leaks them before that)

>7th edition will never end

So I'm thinking i should build an entire dreadnought approximation of a battle company. Something like:

3 talons of regular "tactical" dreads with mixed melee/ ranged weaponry, with each talon led by a venerable "sergeant"

1 talon of "heavy support" mortis dreads with autocannons

3 cc dreads, some combination of furioso and ironclad, for fast attack

3 contemptors for elites, one with dual kheres/ cyclone launcher; one with dual fists; one regular fist/melta guy

A librarian, a chaplain, and a custom built "captain" based on a contemptor body but wielding a ccw and shield.

My question is, do i have a problem and where can i seek help for my addiction to battle bricks?

Man I just want some harlequin leaks

gib legion of the damned plez

SoB squatted when?

Lang past oldtimer out of the hobby here:
I'm under the impression that all army "codexes" have been written simultaneously by an at least somewhat coordinated team this time? Thus hopefully dodging the powercreep/"author's favourite army" issues?

It seems almost every army sneakpeek'd so far has had a healthy strength and their old issues looked at? I get the feeling 8th will be great for balance and armies both having wide selections and being on somewhat equal terms in the competitive sense?
You youngins', still in the game, thoughts?

Personal bias: Only the orkz were slightly underwhelming, weren't they? Far from the across the board disappointment they've been up till now, but neither had they an OOMPH on par with the Swarmlord or whatever? Still, they're better than they've ever been for the last 15+ years and I don't think they'll be way behind or anything; I just think GW could've given them something extra...
But whatevs!

What ever happened to sister fister?

Uh, where are sisters new models?

in the deepest bunkers of admech

I think their morale test mitigation is pretty neato and fluffy, also they aren't supposed to have one big [spoiler/] guy who is insanely choppy, they rely on numbers with many more fert on the ground which are all fairly choppy. I get what you mean with nids, swarmlord's fluff is aids but at least the crunch now supposedly fits the fluff. I think orks will be in a pretty decent place this time around.

>Nids will never be AESTHETIC again

you were half and hour late silly OP
your thread will probably serve when we finish the other one though

You're not alone.
Now, if only iron hands had hq dreadnoughts available...

>Magnus, Ahriman and Exalted Sorcerers know same three powers
>Only one can be used per turn

Kek

GK player here, I know that feel.

Talons player here
I need something

What is the daily caloric intake of your average warboss?

One more here... Add a wish for more models too

Any word on loyalist Contemptors? I need to know how fucked they are against the Mega Dreadnought.

This thing costs 900 points.

On average, it takes 21.1 Lascannon hits to kill it.

It's good weapons stop firing for the rest of the game on a 1, so you have a 1/6 chance for it to do absolutely fucking nothing in every game you take it.

It hits on a 3+ until it loses 10 wounds, and then from there becomes essentially useless.

This is what new 40k considers "balance".

Get used to smiting a lot.

The worst thing about the Sisters leak is that the image they use in the book is of old models :(

>40,000 calories
>93% from cocaine

PLASTIC WARBOSS KIT
W H E N
H
E
N

user who've managed to check all indexes (mostly orks and chaos) and main rulebook at LGS today.

My first thought is, that everything is shallow as fuck.
Almost non of factions have abilities related to their keywords, no rules for Forgewords on AdMech, no rules for Chapters in SM, no rules for Tau septs, Eldar Craftworlds etc. Nothing.
CSM, especially Thousand Sons, are fucked. Chaos have only 3 psychic powers overall to choose from, and if you manifest one of them, you cannot do that again with other psyker that turn. No special spells for characters (even Magnus), no special spells for gods or legions. If you burn down those 3 spells, everyone else can just cast a smite.
Horrors can be mixed in unit - so pink, blue and brimstones can run in same blob, but you need points for splitting them.
Orks got some issues fixed, but their small walkers like Killa Kans and Deff Dreads won't be seeing much game. Oh, and Stompa have whooping 40 wounds... for 900 pts, 950 fully armed because big guns and choppa is free.
Some guys hyped about their rules for Dark Eldars, IG guy was really dissapointed and started checking DE and AdMech rules as they played them form time to time.
Nids seem to be hot stuff of that edition so far.
AdMech is probably only faction so far with their gimmick already working: they can either pick or roll for their littanies (or something like this - I dont know I've never plated with them outside KT and SW:A), if they pick one of them, you cannot pick it again, but if you roll for it, you accept result even if you already used that one.

posting photo i managed to take to proff I'm not making this shit up - hopefully noone else posted it before.

>Orks are a melee race!
>M 4

>HUGGGHHHH MMMF
>hello valued community member what do you think of stompas
>BIG SMASHY UNNNNGHHHH
>what would you like to see changed?
>MMMMMMFHPPPHHH I GO POOPY
>how many wounds should it have?
>LOTSA WOUNDS IT DIES TOO FAST UNNNNNNNNGGGGHHH MAKE IT FORTYYYYY FORTY WOUNDS
>well we have to listen to our community and this one autistic mongoloid has spoken, so we better nerf everything else about it

If Orks are the question,
the answer is never.

except 7th is all around better than what we have seen of 8th which can only be considered an improvement in the sense that it is "balanced" in the same way everyone in North Korea has a balanced diet of flavorless rice and diseased grass

Seems good to me. If Titan level models are ever a "strong choice" in 40k and not just fun lark for friendly games then GW has royally fucked up somewhere.

okay guys, i got all books. wont do pictures aside from this one. what do you guys want to know? give me a faction and i go through it completely, points etc

Could someone check what's the bonus for getting the powers in Magnus' profile?

grukk is metal, and awesome, and got squigg, what is your problem user?
Also, as an ork player, you should be sneaky enough to fix yourself your own custom boss.

Did you happen to notice the toughness or abilities of a Ghost Ark? That's what's going to decide if I keep using my Warriors or fuck off to one of the alternate force orgs.

Guard please. I can't sleep.

How did you get all the books?

Also post shadowseer

Anything you can give me on Custodes is greatly appreciated.

Grukk is plastic.

stop being an elf lover and get out Xenos Index 2

TALONS PLEASE!!!!!
IT WILL BE JUST TWO PICS

What does the Icon of Vengeance do? Are Marks of Chaos just keywords now that confer no bonuses? Do Chaos Lords give any aura buffs or have any special rules? How do Warpsmiths look like? Sorry, pretty hyped.

i believe they said there will be a spell lore for each faction

>ADEPTUS MECHANICUS PRIORITIZING SKITARII
>HARLEQUINS
>ORKS
>EVERYTHING ELSE

Necrons. Please. Especially the Annihilation Barge (Is it REALLY Assault 8?!) and the Ghost Ark.

Craftworlds. I want to see the nerfbat baby!

>one of two factions which is wholly leaked gets leaked again
>is tau
I'm shocked
S H O C K E D

This!!

Scarab Occult's special abilities and how many wounds they have, also the SO Sorc's psy and WS

Oh god, Necron Destroyers please, I need to know if there's anything good in the Necrons at all.

Need guard information.

CSM all day long

So, which nids are worth using now?

>Joke armys like GSC and Harlequins have their own mention as a separate product
>we have to share our place with others

Im the only one here who is a little hurt by this?

Inquisition. Imperial Agents. Give me a reason to take 3 Inquisitors other than liking the models...

and each spell lore is 3 spells.

Can you do the Nurgle Daemons?

Great Unclean One, Plague Bearers, Beasts and Nurglings

Cheers.

1: Eldar
2: harlequins
3: skitarii
4: daemons

I'd really appreciate Dark Angels, or at least Ravenwing, user.

don't remember ghost ark but friend of mine hyped that quantum shielding is fucking OP right know, and close to impossible to go thru. Ignores most of damage form multi-damage wounds.

This, I want to know all the Lemon battle tank variants.

You can keep them
Fucking tau player

okay going with talons first give me a sec i get something to drink first, then i post the profiles, points, etc

Any Nurgle daemons.

>captcha asks to identify street signs
>photo only contains a billboard

Billboards are not street signs you fucking robot.

Necrons haven't had a faction focus yet. Do them.

Imperial Guard Please

IG please. We've seen no leaks till now.

How are the Harlequins?

And the Space Woofs too

reposting because I didn't realize we moved threads:

>lose 1" Move
were you really thinking about advancing a blob of boyz outside trukks?
>characters are vulnerable
were you really thinking about advancing characters outside trukks?
>battlewagon dies faster
has 16 wounds at T8, and deffrollas are great so there's something for them to do after dropping off troops. that's way better than a razorback and rhino
>stompa
40 wounds is incredible if mekboyz can repair them, otherwise I remain equally unconvinced.

As usual with a horde army you have to see the pts, which we don't have. Sure the warboss, battlewagon and stompa are expensive, but they are our most expensive shit anyway.

I am concerned about how GW is pricing weapons, though. It appears as though they are pricing them based upon their profiles and not upon how well they can be used by the model they are given to. If that's the case then you'll never want to use orks as a ranged army because we'd pay the same for our big shootas as marines pay for their heavy bolters, but we only hit with ours on a 5+. The only weapons that come to mind as being great for orks are burnas/skorchas and rokkit launchers. I remember the scan in one of the earlier threads was misread as d3 wounds, but the rokkit launcher is actually a flat 3, which is great.

They're T6 and quantum shielding does very little.

Your friend is going to have a hard meeting with reality.

Harlequins please :3

They fucking killed kannonz and lobbaz lol

CSM pls

Ok, I don't see any separate point costs for tau squad leaders (shas'ui for fire warriors or shas'vres for suits). Are they free upgrades now even in matched play? Is this similar for other armies too, like free sergeants etc.?

Old news, I'm afraid.

MAY THE EMPEROR BLESS YOU AND HIS GRACE BE UPON YOU

I'm late to the party and haven't read through the thread yet but please give me some Grey Knights.

Imperial Guard / Astra Militarum please.

>okay going with talons
Oh, for fuck's sake. You're fucking kidding me.

These are "get you by" lists. Of course they're simpler. I take it you didn't play 40k in the 2nd-3rd transition or whfb in the 5th-6th transition? These rules are a lot more complex than what we saw either of those times, of course they're charging us some money for them this time.

As 8th Ed. Codexes come out fancier rules will be reintroduced.

Just check what is the Psychic bonus Magnus get, other pic was unclear on that one.

Give the Crons some love, then if there's any Admech leaks plz supply. We're desperately starved of knowledge whether we're shit or not.

This, I just want Scarab Occult so I can start thinking of ways to fix GWs inevitable fuckups.

Guard. I need to know how hard we got fucked again.

How AdMech now works.
How Arc weaponry now works.
Chapter Tactics and similar things (first and foremost, did they fix Black Templars?)

Also, no matter what info you post, you are based as fuck.

Also also, you might want to make this a separate thread because this shit is gonna be a lot of posts.

In their profile it says they only know Smite + Dark Hereticus powers

Chaos Space Marines would be quick to do considering we already know a bunch of stuff here imgur.com/a/m4L2J.

>They're T6
I thought that was only the Barges?

Eh, I'll just use the rules for Bjorn because let's be honest: this is hardly a powergaming list.

Drukhari! I have a haemonculus covens only army and I am dying to know the stuff

No, it only stops shooting on a 1 of you decide to shoot a second time in the same shooting phase.

1-4 for third shot

What the hell is Drukhari?

It will be very fast user!

You are exemplar of tau'va, user.

CHAPTER TACTICS WHEN

Dark Eldar

Pokey Eldar.

Does anyone think this new edition will let us go back to the good old days.

You know, when 20 space marines, a predator, some terminators and their transport was considered a good army.

Not 30 sternguard min-maxed with 30 combi-weapons in drop pods alpha striking your tanks, and oh +1 to hit because X and oh this special rule because Y.

Can we get some order in 40K again, it's just spiralled out of control. I want troops to actually be that again, the troops of the army, the core. Not a tax for the newest flavour of spam.