8th Edition is Saving 40k

>8th Edition is Saving 40k

How does this make you feel?

Pic related is me

>How does this make you feel?

I'm happy. Tau got BTFO mechanically, Nids got gud but got BTFO in Lore, and Orks are now viable again. This edition you might actually be able to win no matter what you play.

Now all they need is to give Chaos back their options.

The intentional "new edition every five years" is killing them. And they are too scared to save themselves.

>Tau got BTFO mechanically
Wait what

Can they still compete?

Is that suppose to be Perturabo?

>8th Edition is Saving 40k*
*Ruleswise

pic related

It's less
>THEY ARE WORTHLESS, WORTHLESS I SAY!
and more
>Welp, no more easymode for us.
>Time to fire up a storm each turn.

Listening to the Taufags it's definitely more
>THEY ARE WORTHLESS, WORTHLESS I SAY!

I honestly don't know. I thought I had left 40k behind, but I still have my Inquisition models. Still tempting me...

Which is what's so great about it. The new Tau Players will be bearable, and the old ones will have ragequit because easymode got deleted.

It makes me feel like I'm back from a long, horrid nightmare.
pic related.

8th edition is making GW money

Fuck over units people already bought a lot of

Make the shit they never sold OP

Cash out because they know in 3 years 3d printing will have put them out of business anyway.

>age of gulliman
>saving 40k
>ultrasmurffags legitimately believe this
OP plz.

>Not using new rules with old lore

Let me know when you burn your army, grognard

It's all on ebay at previous-price-band RRP.

>Saving
That's an extremely optimistic assessment.

The core rules are better than 7th, but that bar was set pretty fucking low. Even if the core rules end up being good on their own merits there is still the chance that GW cocks up unit/faction balance and it ends up a shitfest anyway.

The rules are better, but until the whole package is released there'll be no telling if the balance has moved even an inch in the right direction.

Almost everything we've seen so far seems to be worse if it was popular, better if it wasn't.

Warhammer fantasy had to die, to save warhammer 40k.

Truly fantasy was too good for this world.

The best part is Fantasy doesn't seem completely dead. GW appears to be interested in keeping it alive VIA vidya and RPGs.

Wait are they killing warhammer fantasy?

Are you kidding?

No, i live under a rock where its safe from the world.

Oh sweet summer child

>>Not using new rules with old lore
Rather, how do people feel that you have to actively ignore how the lore gets shittier and shittier by the day.

Warhammer Fantasy died and was replaced by the high fantasy world of Age of Genericmar

Hello wayne, forgot the trip I see.

The Fanbase has been saving this company's ass for years. They should take care of the company long ago.

Only difficult on Veeky Forums where there are autists who go out of their way to remind you in every thread, and then get in catfights with the autists who cannot shut up about how awful it is. It's pretty easy in the real world.

me in the middle

I can put my minis on the table. I can roll dice. I can have fun. And now I won't have to try and remember so much shit. I'm happy. I can just headcannon shit. That ain't hard. It's a lot easier to headcannon than it is to make something of a shit mechanical mess.

>I can put my minis on the table.
No one is stopping you doing this.
>I can roll dice.
Yep.
>I can have fun.
Eeeeeeh, maybe.
>And now I won't have to try and remember so much shit.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, it's father Christmas.

I stopped playing when 4th edition dropped, but I'm pretty excited for 8th. I was thinking about getting back in last year but didn't pull the trigger. I've been watching tons of Duncan and the daily trickle of info has me pretty jazzed. I like blood angels but I wish they made all their unique units in Chad size already... I don't want to wait months or years to get Chad sanguinary guard and stuff like that.

>Cash out because they know in 3 years 3d printing will have put them out of business anyway.

Said increasingly nervous man for the 10th consecutive year

It feels like I haven't played it yet and will reserve judgement until I hit 5 games, like everything else I tried out.

Oh, I never use a tripcode. I just make sure I already have a reputation as a complete moron so that imitators can't fuck anything up.

are there any news for the IG codex?, was it already released?, should i just start with the current codex?

You said this 3 years ago about 6E and 7E

>8th edition
>saving 40k
Let us not count our chickens before they are hatched.

I bet you've listed them as "pro-painted"

No, the army is dead and only masochists that like losing and flufffags will play it.

Pretty excited for everything, but slightly confused how some units seem to automatically have base weapons while other units have to pay for any weapons at all. Or am I missing something?

My Dark Mechanicum army can finally be played, though I will wait and see re:Thousand Sons.

Only one thing left before it's perfect.

Makes me feel kinda bad for the fantasybros. Age of sigmar seems like a test run where things went wrong and GW learned, at the cost of their game.

Taufags deserve everything bad that happens to them, by the by. Some of us still remember those fucking fish.

I miss the Squats

still waiting...

Aside from space marines, and we've yet to see Eldar. That'll be the real kicker.