How would the tau work in Warhammer fantasy?

how would the tau work in Warhammer fantasy?

You mean space elves?

They would be regular elves.

Tau would be Nippon

semi-automatic Breech-loading cartridge rifles

Howitzers instead of cannons

civil war-era gatling guns

They wouldn't.

The Empire is generally considered the most technologically advanced race of men thanks to the Dwarfs.

Nippon and Cathay are generally seen as more spiritual and rely on magic and black powder in tandem.

I think there was a "China" with terracota armies and advance technologies.

They are called humans and they are the Empire.

They wouldn't really fit into the setting since they're a bunch of progressive communists.

Satyrs. They're Blue, Communist Satyrs. Did no one else get this?

They don't have horns and display no properties that satyrs ever had in mythology tho

Make them a republic
This would give them the "for the greater good" feeling.

Tau are Warhammer Gnomes.

Either that or an eccentric boarder prince kingdom.

Considering Warhammer fantasy is dead I'd say not at all.
For meme points, they'd fit perfectly because both are dead.

>Tau would be Nippon
You mean Cathay

>communists
Caste-based systems rooted in tradition are the exact opposite of communism, son.
>Cathay
N-
>Thinks about it
Actually, yeah, both would fit.

Collectivist, then. And both would fit because neither has a developed story to it (though Cathay has a little more than Nippon).

Eldar are space elves. Tau are different than Eldar, user.

Why the namefagging?

>Implying the Empire isn't also spiritual, with the Old World Pantheon, Warrior Priests, Witch Hunters and all that.
>Implying the Empire doesn't also have magic users in their armies, thus also making use of magic and black powder in tandem.

*tips fedora*

Call it a practice in personal accountability in a community that doesn't require it.

That, or I do it just to annoy people, because I'm a prick like that.

Pretty much what the Kharadron overlords in AoS are, except not sky oriented or dwarfs, and with a strict caste system and the greater good instead of meritocracy

they have muzzle loading rifles loaded with minie ball, giving them superior range and punch compared to a smoothbore musket

they have long barreled cannons firing conical projectiles of uniform size

they run a republic

Warhammer fantasy is far more restrictive than AoS, a Tau equivalent would fit much better there. Hell, AoS could do fantasy equivalents of all the 40k races without breaking the setting

Because there isn't much of a setting to break

There is almost no lore on the Kingdoms of Ind.

But you could replicate greater good caste stuff but with harmony between the races of men and beastmen who arent chaos worshippers.

Instead of Stormsurges they get giant 8 armed kali juggernauts riding an elephant.

>Describes themselves as a prick/jerk/asshole when they're totally unnoticeable outside of the one mildly annoying thing they do
I got another one for the Red Flag thread.

Do it on /d/ and use a username people you know IRL know you by, then you can talk about "personal accountability".