>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/a-z/77171#detail/77171_w_1
amazon.com/Testor-Corp-Dullcote-Lacquer-Testors/dp/B0069FYJYI
tabletop-art.de/Ancestral-Ruins-Rundbase-Deal
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

got one tau model - he is fun to paint

Hey guys, can anyone point me to a guide about coupling Games Workshop base/layer/dry paint colours?

I am going to be painting Reaper miniatures, mostly guys in chainmail and plate mail. I also have some guys who will need green/brown colours for their tunics and cloaks.

Any help is appreciated, (((GW))) paint is expensive so I only want to buy the necessities.

Thin your paints

Buy Vallejo instead

I was digging through my bits box for 8th edition coming up and I found this. This is what dumbass kid me did to a defiler. I'm going to salvage it and make it nurgle (obviously) but curious what you guys think need patching up the post.

Plans are to fill all the seam lines and to build the front leg shields into full shields. I also need to find a base for it but have no idea what size it would go on

Right, user of the immortal lord here, last thread 1 other user said he loved the model and the base but not the location of the model on the base.

If you are still around could you please elaborate as I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter

Though I won't be able to read the thread till tomorrow cos I gotta sleep.
Night WiP

Another pic of the renegades

Feat. King in yellow

not that guy but it looked stupid to have him standing on a sheet of metal on top of a sewer pipe

What do you guys use to varnish? Its extremely humid where I live so sprays worry me and read some paint on varnishes fuck with colors and wash

thats exactly what i would imagine a gang of angry misfits and zealots would look like

Not this guy or that guy, but I believe that guy meant how he's standing on the very back of the metal sheet.

I dont varnish

But i'd like to at some point so i am wondering this too

Like your highlights but I think you put to much visor glow on his face

I live somewhere with hot, humid summers and very cold winters so I mostly use paint on sealers. Never had any issues with it, just make sure it's not too thick or pooled up anywhere and store it at room temperature. Disclaimer - I exclusively paint/seal the plastic Bones figures so I'm not sure how well paint on sealer works with other types of materials.

Reposting my Sentinel. How'd I do?

First time doing chipping and spotlights

Going to be painting up an ultramarines army after finding half of an army Unpainted on sprues still in my garage. Do space marines rule wise HAVE TO have 32mm bases? I have honestly got about a thousand 25mm ones but I don't want to start assembling them if they're incorrect.

Reposting as i did not notice previous was in autosage.

Shadow war orks gang.

Once you go green youze is sneaky and mean.

Looks good, I'd maybe add a splash of color somewhere on it though so it pops from farther away.

digging the tasteful sprinkling of Redemptionists, by the time those heretics find out they've been infiltrated they'll already be on fire!

Thin sepia wash around the plates, trust

Awesome. They look really great.

Since I'm forever stuck with 2nd edition nostalgia goggles, I can't help but to think that some white checks would look great on the armor of your nobs.

Keep posting these, I never get tired of seeing them.

Plastic bones? And what sort do you use and how many layers? Fucking Alabama summer the air is like a sponge so Im thinking brushing on. Like a play of gloss and cover with matte and what brand?

What did you use for the grey? Looking for off whites & greys for my SoB

The lights have ended up very nice, although I'm not sure about the blue ink pooling in the recesses of the one on the side.

Here is an example of the next figure I am going to work on, it's a (plastic) stone golem from the Bones Reaper line.
reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/a-z/77171#detail/77171_w_1

Here is the link for my sealer brand. I apply one coat to the models I'm churning out fast and don't care too much about (skeletons, kobolds, things like that). I apply two coats to the models that I worked a long time on and are special to me but that's because I'm paranoid about missing a spot, one coat is probably fine. You have to shake the hell out of the bottle before using it and either use it in a well-ventilated area or wear a mask to protect yourself from the fumes if you are sealing a lot of figures in a poorly-ventilated area. No thinning required if you are using a brush, don't know if you need to thin if using a sprayer.
amazon.com/Testor-Corp-Dullcote-Lacquer-Testors/dp/B0069FYJYI

First three Iron Knights assembled. Did my best to get rid of flash/mouldlines, going to touch them up in the morning. Didn't realise how much of a pain the shields would be, they really limit the positions I can pose these guys. The sergeant's shield is wedged against his helmet and backpack, it was a complete paint to fit in.

Ok, was looking at that brand previously, I can redo a primer and not feel bad but redoing an entire mini cause of the last step sounds like a nightmare. I was reading that pute gloss was the best way to go for the toughest protection and the matte over it to help fight that shine. But no thinning? Thats hard to believe, totally thought Id have to thin it and Im suppose you paint it on and not just smear it all over like a wash. Could it effect wash cause I had read on that too, so fucking paranoid.

I really like them, the shields are a cool touch. Look like the shields from the space marine game, very cool.

Forgive me for saying this, but the shields kind of look like ass to me.

I just put a wash on groot and now i'm going to start highlighting and drybrushing him

Eh, it's okay. I'm hoping they look better when they're painted. It's the best I can do without making them myself.

Also adding to this: The perspective makes them look bigger than they actually are.

Hey guys, is Purity Seal any good? Does it protect your minis, and is it Matte? I'm getting a lot of conflicting information, and I'm hoping you guys can sort it out for me. Thank you.

>tfw every time it occurs to me I could post my daily progress on /wip/ it's already night and the light is shite
>tfw I'll probably forget to take pictures tomorrow as well

It's good when it works but its expensive and messes up a lot in high humidity. It's satin not matte

You can get cheaper brands that are matte and less sensitive to weather

Like what?

Wip genestealer cults and one skitarii.. paint mite b a little thick and still have some details to finish

Ack ack

Love them. Where are the shields from?

These guys rock, user. Good work.
In particular, I love the guy in red, in the front row, with the big sword. And the other renegade wielding the dual auto pistols--sweet.

Usually I'm posting Warzone Imperial Guard conversions or Vostroyans, but I've been working on some Silver Skulls assault marines recently

I've been listening to Conan the Barbarian novels as I work. The L. Sprague deCamp and Robert Jordan works aren't as good as Robert E. Howard's original short stories, but since I've read all those, it's fun to get more.

And currently I'm working on a jump pack Chaplain to lead these guys. I love the sinister look of the black armor and skull helm.

Any tips for _red_ ork skin?

I love the colors user!

Looking good. Have you considered doing a bit more work on the lenses? As of now they look a bit flat.
You're going to do the Chaplain's helmet bone colored right?

I got a new painters award at my flgs for these dudes at their painting competition; so next year I have to compete in the "past winners" elite catagory. Thing is I have no fucking idea how to get better at painting. The recent stuff Ive done hasnt loved up to these rangers. It would be rad if someone could pick apart these dudes and tell me where I fucked up and can improve? Painting is super relaxing but fucking finishing a model is a hell I can get out of. I keep going back to tweak.

Seems an ideal color scheme to rust up with some ryza rust - duncan has a good weathering video on it

Paint em like you would paint Bloodletters

They look v nice user
Silver skulls are an uncommon chapter

Because I'm retarded, how do I get this effect on plasma?

The silver is a bit flat and the eyes could do with another highlight.
I'm not sure what sort of effect you were going for with the guns but I don't like it, just looks a bit similar to the robe

Thank you. I hadn't thought about doing more work on the lenses, but now that you mention they look flat, I see that, and I think I should do more.
And yes, definitely--the chaplain's helmet is going to be bone!

Thanks! I really psykers and sorcery in 40k, and so the idea of a chapter that relies on divination to choose when it marches to war is really exciting.
The Emperor's Tarot is so fucking cool.

Alright /wip/, give it to me straight - how much shit do you guys think I'll get for making Rough Riders with Civil War army men horses as their mounts? I have a shit ton of the fuckers lying around and a whole mess o' IG models sitting pretty waiting for the day Rough Riders would be decent on the tabletop.

If the idea sounds a little TOO cheap to be viable, what are some alternative horse models? I really want to run as close I can get to a cavalry-only IG list in 8e just for the giggles.

God DAMN does that effect get me hard every time

I'm not the user who posted those, but...

The guns are rusty and the robes are orange because those Skitarii are from Ryza, obviously.

For a first model this is great and I have a feeling you're going to get very good at glow effects down the road.
In the name of critique, your paints are pretty thick, and the highlights, especially on the lower half, look like they were painted on with the side of the brush or just too thick in general. You want to just barely graze the tip of the edge with the edge of your brush, until it feels like you're applying individual paint particles.
Best part that you said it was fun to paint. A lot of people are monomaniacally focused on outcome and forget the act itself is supposed to be enjoyable.

yep I screwed up the guns, they were originally a dark mahogany color with copper bits but I screwed up and make them lighter and then i realised the pallette was too warm
Would some white dashes/dots help with the eyes?

Nice work, user.

Did you use ogryn bits for the shields? Because that's goddamn heresy.

What heads should I use if I want to use Tsons in 40k and 30k.

30k Sons didn't have big crests

Pls respond

how'd you get the red color for their lips and noses?

One more better pic of the ayy lmaos. I guess this was before I painted the plasma gun on the skitarii
Love your marines brother. Paintscheme is just what a hardened astartes chapter should look like, gunmetal and serious. And silver skulls have badass fluff.

i like your skitarii color ;)

the shield on the iront knight just covers a bit of his chest piece, not an entire quadrant of a shoulder pauldron like yours

White - Blue Ink - White?

>another user who paints his skitarii ryza (or at least orange)

Praise be to the omnissiah for I have found my brother.

Get the dudes actually looking like Guardsmen and get some gubbins on the horse and as long as it looks good you should be fine.

Well I wouldn't give a shit, but my store manager would have an aneurysm...hey, if you do build those and you happen to not be too far away do you think you could come to my local shop?

I love that orange, it's very neat.

Hail my mechanical brethren. I presume those are yours earlier in the thread? Looking dope.My lads are part of a reclaimer sect, putting along on their ship and gathering old tech to refurbish or trade.

naw man, those aren't mine. I never actually posted any of mine here. one second lemme grab a pick.

Third user here, also considering Ryza but I went and bought the Skitarii paint pack since my LGS guy was a bit too pushy that day.

so many ryza anons today, Anyway here are a few terrible pictures of my minis. Got the rest of them all packed up, so I just grabbed a few off the top.

I'm retarded. Here be the pics

Is the Queen in red?

is the ranger just colored with jokero orange? I found that to be too red and I layered tau ochre on top, which makes it a much nicer orange

also going over that robot with some silver/steel to catch the aquila and rivets would add a ton to it

Praise the Omnissiah

Those are mine, I run them with inquisition, and as I was saying in they are actually a slightly lighter color than the normal Ryza (and are white under the cape, not red) but I still call em Ryza Skitarii. I like to think they are pre-ork waaaagh ryza skitarii, borrowed long ago by an inquisitor. Since the red under the cape is meant to signify the blood split on the surface of Ryza

oh I meant to link to
praise the omnissiah
Do you have any ryza to show us?

Primed a large Reaper Bones mini and now the surface is all tacky. What's a good quick fix? Or do I just have to strip it? Can I just ignore that shit and paint it anyways?

I also found that Greys work well with the orange, Greys and Blues. Doing the base a type of Grey or some other "cold" color would set a nice contrast to your oranges and reds

>Just finished making a wet palette

Here I go. Wish me luck.

post pictures when you're done user

Doubt I will have anything worth posting today. But we'll see.

And my god. So thin. So even. How is such a thing possible? What sorcery is this?

yeah I need to touch it up, I've just a lot to paint so I'm letting some things slide at the moment.

Troll slayer actually I think...maybe. I'd need to go look at my pots.

My brother, I'm the one with the bot.

Here's a better pic that shows its not that complicated

You should be able to reproduce it without much difficulty

Any idea what paints were used in the hair here?

Squig orange?

And for my contribution, finally picked up a paintbrush again for the first time in a month and a half to start on my Dark Eldar. Still gotta do parts of the frame, but the base coat is nearly done at least.

Probably. Washed with Agrax or something? Mostly trying to figure out if the orange is drybrushed or not. I also don't have Squig Orange so I'd be doing Fire Dragon Bright instead. Can't afford more paint after all the supplies I just bought.

They'd probably fit the Primaris Marines, actually.

It's the way the Emperor wants your paints to be. Thin, and at least two layers of them.

Also, anyone had experience with scenic resin bases? I'm considering buying about 120€ in these bases, various sizes obviously.
tabletop-art.de/Ancestral-Ruins-Rundbase-Deal
Following the colour scheme shown, do you think it would contrast well with Minotaurs SM?

there is a pdf on the website and I think the OP.

looks salvageable. If I were you my crazy ass would take the heavy hobby knife and saw, cut that bastard into pieces and make a unit of obliterators or some dark mechanicus boyos. Defiler kit looks like a generous contribution to the dark gods!

Also just my opinion, but nurglifying things isn't an excuse to throw greenstuff globs all over shit. Subtlety and appropriateness makes the best nurgle conversions

hmmm I never noticed how simple the kastellan robot sculpts are compared to everything else in 40k...

Do you really have to go there m8? We've had this discussion, please just let it be.

looks sweet, like a wipeout car
omfg now I want to do reavers in the wipeout colors

I'm also not a fan, and I'm an admech player - I want chicken leg everything

from endless copy and paste jobs is my guess

This is a Herald of Tzeentch that I bought back in 2012. I sent it to Blue Table Painting back before their reputation caught up with them, and of course they did a completely shit job and I had to repaint pretty much the entire thing. Those guys literally painted the claws on the fingers and left the actual claws with the skin color, like they couldn't find them or something. I don't even...