Paizo Games General - /pgg/

Paizo Games General (Pathfinder & Starfinder) /pgg/

Aspis Agent Edition:
How do you plan to rape and pillage the solar system for the Consortium?

Unified /pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
strawpoll.me/13078770
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is the one

with my stupidly enormous starship

Don't be shy, /pgg/. Tell me about your Ensoulment character.

Its Ryoko and i'm still not happy with her HA HA HA HA HA HA

I've got a concept brewing, but he's quite devious.

What do you think needs to be improved?

THICK

TITTY

WITCH

The letter to the princess is my current focus.

Have you considered PMing your crush for advice?

So
What is the Mesmerist supposed to do?

Well what do you want the letter to bring to the application that couldn't be expressed in a summary of the character?

I could HELP you!

The letter to the princess is a key part of the application process, the current version is too rawly emotional and angry and I think it makes her come off as unhinged and possibly evil.

Still making him. It takes so long to actually sit down and put it all together

Nope, I'd rather put those Consortium dogs to wheel and the chain in the Order of the Chain's new Mega-Prison Station

Hope you fags like wearing magnet boots!

>implying I would need to PM my crush

I am not weak like you.

who r u

Be a pale comparison of a beguiler for the most part. Some of the archetypes are fun, though.

Have we actually confirmed that he had four doses or are we just going off what user said?

Hypnotist. You know, the kind that goes "look deep into my eyes!" and make people think they're chickens or something

He's in it for the thrill of it.

Ignored and forgotten.

I still like the concept though. I'm not giving up on it.

Here's what I recommend to you:
>Print out or hand write a copy of your letter to the princess
>Crumple it up angrily and throw it in the corner
>Spend an hour or two doing something else
>Pick up the letter, read it carefully, and then start over

Is it even worth reading into Golarion's Lore? I don't really know where to start. There's tons of books out there. I'm leaning towards just putting together a custom world for a game

He's a kid just looking to rise above his circumstances, and hopes that by doing so he can lift others past theirs as well.

Whatever your group wants. But if you need to start, start with Pathfinder Chronicler

>Ignored and forgotten.
By the thread?

Golarion has pretty much every type of setting you need, and a ton of different times in history you can adventure with too. Along with even lore for the solar system.

If you want conan the barbarian vs giant robots, Numeria. If you want cavemen and dinosaurs in the land of the lost, The Realm of The Mammoth Lord, You want any asian country? Dragon empires. Not to mention the countless european and fantasy references in the rest of the lands.

Probably just got drunk and went to town on his horse.

Which girls has he been around for a long period of time?

I've got a next version, I'm just sort of thinking on it before I put it up.

Unexpectedly popular

>I can't believe I'm popular

Come on now Sappy

Yeah. I dunno. The feedback I get here and the feedback I get elsewhere on RP concepts, characters, and so on, are always wildly different. /pfg/ is certainly a.... unique... culture.

I feel ya, man.

I mean that I didn't think she'd be as popular as she has become.

CURRENTLY RECRUITING GAMES:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way

You wish

I think the hardest part is getting over the 'boredom' hurdle that is pretty lofty here. The concept needs to snag attention fast.

Which games has DHB applied to?

Also does DHB have the worst acceptance rate? What is he 2 to 15?

I'm not sure user. Probably all of them.

Level 3s only have so much to work with

All of them? But his Constitution isn't THAT high!

Im trying to make Lao Cheng this sort of bad guy with a heart of gold. He's lived and breathed in the chinese mafia right up the the collapse of Baz, due to family concerns and the state of emergency is forced to leave home. Now he just wants to make china great again. By taking it over via millitary force.

His personality is supposed to be one of a drug addict who doesnt eat much, spends most of his free time trying to charm girls and do card tricks to impress them, but is ultimately a product of the enviroment he was raised in. Secretly he's trying to change his homeland, hoping it will also change himself by doing so.

I think you might want to relocate him. Ayo's described as a pretty green place.

I'm struggling to decide if I want him to be an Alchemist or an Investigator.

Yeah, I asked Protag for advice on that, actually. I just fogured Ayo would work because I was doing some hong kong parallels with the opium crisis.

It seems a little weird to describe an entire green region as a small overcrowded city, especially when there's an overcrowded area already in the lore.

Anybody in the group he's been spending time with? Or making eyes at?

Despite everything, I'm actually quite happy with how they turned out.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized I only applied so I could play a certain class. I can't work him into something that could compete. And Protag deserves better then that.

I'm not reading that backstory.

I just don't know what went wrong, man.

Well, I wasnt using the entirity of ayo, just the capital city, wherever that might be. Point taken in any case though. I'll do some more lore digging to find a nice run down shithole to be born in.

Gonna try a thing to cure my app of its blandness

I really thought he'd go full Mask. Maybe even Cuban Pete.

You could always make something up elsewhere and say he became a wanderer.

>implying this is a 'cheeky cunt' and not a 'backstabbing piece of shit'

What real-world country, historical or contemporary, is the best comparison for Golarion's Cheliax? I haven't run through a campaign set in Golarion before and am about to run Crimson Throne for some others who are also unfamiliar with the setting.

The backstabbing piece of shit would be Lautrec or Maldron.

There's always that possibility. Somebody stop me! Seriously, please stop me.

Boy meets sword

Sword bonds with boy

Boy goes on adventure

It's pretty dang simple and I love it

And that's okay!

I don't demand anyone read it; I just enjoyed the creative process.

Korvosa is Spanish or Portugese.

Cheliax is part Italian, part British, part Roman.

Well first and foremost, Ill wait for protag's reply. If he thinks there's someplace that fits better to be born and raised at, I'll say Lao's family were immigrants or something. (Chinatowns should exist, yeah?)

We'd have to inspect the greentext.

You could try reading the setting info.

How long is your app? What's your word count?

Too long.

Is your post number your word count?

1,080 words. That's not even counting the abridged backstory or the additional documents.

Toying with the idea of making the Eidolan a walking encyclopedia, and I'm torn:

Standard Summoner gives great knowledge skill checks on all the monster ID skills, and universal translator capability kicks in at level 5. However, in combat It takes a standard action to dismiss the Eidolon so I can start summoning, so I lose a round before I can engage. I'd want to have it out at the start so I can use the knowledge skills to ID whatever we're fighting, so I can't run around with it put away.

Master Summoner on the other hand has far more anemic growth on the skills - knowledge skills would be under an average rogue/bard(+15 at best), but I can summon with the eidolan out and engage immediately. Also no additional languages until level 10, and even at 20 it won't have the full breadth of knowledge skills I'd like.

consider suicide

What makes for a better Ensoulment philosophy? Dharma or going full on Asura's Wrath at the state of the kingdom?

Tried it, death was boring, and the 5000gp of diamonds is too much of a pain to gather up to make it worth doing again.

No i meant for real

If one third of my backstory is from the point of view of a different character, is that bad?

Like I said, boring, and with the gold values constantly changing and no easy exchange value for gp it makes it a pain to get 5000gp of diamonds.

Try it with a gun.

Okay, I was thinking about making this for Ensoulment. A Vigilante who stalks the night with weapon in hand, silently dispatching every enemy of the Crown and of the common people.

Also secretly a redheaded tomboy who is a duelist during the day, serving the princess in an attempt to restore her family's name. Generations ago, her ancestors rebelled against the king and were exiled for their treachery. She seeks to undo their shame by bringing the kingdom back to prosperity. Her philosophy is that it's possible for even the disgraced and the despised to redeem themselves, even if nobody wants to see them succeed. More than anything, she wants to help others who have lost everything to stand tall once more and regain their station.

How does that make it easier to get the 5000gp of diamonds? It doesn't make death any less boring, and gets all your stuff dirty in the process.

So basically a better Jericho? I approve of this.

You won't know until you try :^)

How do you know I didn't? Like I said, getting enough diamonds is a pain in the ass, and not worth the effort to do again.

>redheaded tomboy

Perfect!

Thanks. I'm not exactly good with the mechanics, but I'll try to make up for that with the fluff.

I do have ideas about the specifics of her appearance, but what I'm considering may ruin it for you.

She'll have freckles and bright green eyes. Also, her copper red hair will be short and messy.

>but what I'm considering may ruin it for you.

user... There is not a word in that spoiler I do not love.

>short hair

kys

>short
soiled it

Y'all got some fucking pleb taste.

Jericho but a cute girl? Of course it's better.

Back to the Woolie Hole with you.

Is it really a good idea to turn /pfg/ into /pgg/?

It's going to be confusing for people to find it in the catalog, calling it Paizo games general is like saying "fuck you" to 3pp, and Pathfinder discussion topics are kinda different from Starfinder topics...

Yes, it is.
They'll get used to it.
Stop being autistic.

I assume once Starfinder actually comes out we'll split. For now, when there's nothing to talk about, having one thread makes sense.

Alright, since it seems to be important to you, I'll leave it up to you to decide.

strawpoll.me/13078770

I don't know why we just didn't call it Paizo Finder General and kept it /pfg/
The people in the thread don't want to split, and we're the target audience, so...

>TFW the new redhead is the perfect daughteru for our favorite MILF