Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1528: Fresh Baked Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/K1BrVCPq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jumpers!

When you retcon a setting or force a genre shift, how hard core do you get?

First for waifus

pancakes waffles or french toast

Well, I'm still on the Hero arc but I'm taking a detour to Fate to be Saber and keep being Saber. Because fuck everyone. Fuck EVERYONE. I'M GOING TO FUCK UP EVERYONE'S SHIT.

I DO NOT HAVE THE PATIENCE FOR EVERYONE'S STUPIDITY AND I WILL MAKE A POINT OF THAT IN FLAMING LETTERS A MILE HIGH IF I MUST

... hm, that seems a little excessive though

Jump 77: Kara no Kyoukai
Time: September 1998
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Origin - Longing
Dual Origin - Change [1250]
What The Hell Is Even Going On?
Magic Circuits
Proto-Tohno Gland [850]
Precognition [650]
Clear The Room [250]

Items:
House Key [200]
Kanesada Kuji [0]

Drawbacks:
Dark Stalker [1300]

We're all seated around a table. Ange and Erika are talking about mysteries again. Dor is meditating in a corner, a gourd full of water next to him. Android Dan is attempting to impress Blue while she boredly has a drink of alcohol. She-Of-Fair-Eyes and Makoto are playing tag around the living room. Kat is next to me, telling me to pay more attention to my surroundings. Matthew is challenging Nymph to what I assume is some sort of debate about the proper use of technology. Ulmes is watching television in the next room over. Yuki is to the other side of me, her head resting on my shoulder.

I just stare at a plate full of food in front of me. It's a medium-well ribeye with lobster tail on top, and an assortment of sides all laid out in front of me. All the food I could ever want. I've been staring at it for several minutes, trying to find something.

Eyes, little Eyes, wearing the small poncho she made for herself tugs at my sleeve and asks me to watch a new Charm she learned. I don't smile at her. I clap my hands together and force my will outwards. My companions, old and new, panic at what I'm doing before the scene disappears. They scream as they're taken away.

Depends on how angry I am.

Let's bake some brownies!

Now it's just me in a white space. This was the fifth time I had done this, but I was still trapped in this space. But the illusion was getting a little weaker each and every time. I noticed people who shouldn't be there anymore, no matter how much I wanted to. This barrier is drawing off of my good memories in an attempt to keep me complacent. Or just to stall me. So I had to break it again and again, or I might eventually be lost forever. Unfortunately, this is one of those barriers I could break easily only I was outside of it. Inside, it had layers upon layers that went in random directions, sometimes leading into whole new barriers. I wasn't going to find a way out in the next decade without some kind of intervention.

This is a dirty trick, Araya. But I've been in worse places than this. And I've always gotten out.

Cue awkward transition due to character limits WOO

The idiot has gotten himself into trouble again. Of course he does. He never uses his head for this sort of thing, I guess senility is universal, even if you don't actually age. Erika is with me, like she always is. She's practically giggling with delight as we infiltrate the apartment complex, having to do so by hand so we don't have to contend with the barriers…at least, not right away. I wanted to bring Eyes along to make things easier, but something about her agitates this place worse than anyone else. So she was guarding home.

As for Erika…well, obviously, a detective is helpful. If Erika actually cares about our fearless leader, she would rather choke to death on a third-rate mystery novel than admit it. More than that, the Witch of Truth went wherever there was one to be unearthed, and the Truth of user's disappearance was too exciting for her to pass up. That, and I imagine, the chance to rub it in his face afterwards.

>Unless someone thinks it's too OP, they'll have all of your powers and skills and greatly resemble you.
>I would prefer them to have Aku's powers
>All of your powers period, or only hereditary powers?
>I think you should limit it to only hereditary powers
My vote is any Daughters of Jumper should get all your powers and skills from THIS jump only, as well as counting as jumpers for any other benefits that might grant like any hereditary powers Jumpers has, blessings that effect his decedents, etc.

I'd also remove any repurchase and have them on one companion slot. Daughters of Jumper gets jumper 7 daughters, no more, no less.

And Jumper can specify who the other partner is (and get that persons inheritable abilities), and is allowed to have the other partner be Aku so they have his/its inheritable abilities as well (remember that one Rule 34 Aku episode?)

Honestly…when I was young, this strange butler who worked alongside that equally strange detective…if you told me all those years ago I would one day become both a Witch and an interdimensional traveler alongside them, I probably would have accused you of being ill in the head. Who knows? Maybe I am, too. As insufferable as he can be sometimes, and however much danger he keeps pulling us into, there is a strange kind of excitement behind all of this. Stupid pride like that is why I can still call myself a Witch of Hope with a straight face. But maybe it's because I know none of us will ever die for good, having already died so many times before?

"…the building's layout is strange. Something about the way the stairs and the floors line up is completely wrong." I say, perhaps starting the obvious.

" Then we can safely say that our culprit has had time to prepare. Knowing user, he bumbled right into a trap thinking he could explode his way out. If that's true…"

"Then we're not dealing with the average idiot."

"Fufufu…on point as ever, Ange. But has anything ever been average for us?"

"Leave the jokes to your dress choices. Come on."

So I heard California was trying to ban drinking straws or something?
Or was it a city or county that was trying that?
Regardless, do they think that'll make them suck less if they do that?

Jump # 125 Wakfu
Drop In (0)
Race: Cra’s Range (100)
Starting Location: Amanka
Perks:
*Wilderness survival (0)
*Air Metal (150, Discount)
*Willpower (100)
*Cooking (200)
*Smithing (200)
*Herbalism (200)
Equipment:
*50,000 Kamas

(I know nothing about Wakfu aside from a meme about a duck and… hips so yeah…)

I can’t express how much I am glad to be somewhere besides the last universe. The people where I arrive thought it odd that I actually kissed the ground.

This land was a lovely place and I must say they had amazing food. It was kind of medieval and their was lots of magic. It was an odd fantasy universe. We rode around on Giant turkeys and fought strange animals.

We went on many adventures, helping people and just exploring in general. We even made quite a name for ourselves as an adventuring band.

One time we encountered some strange robot that was quite mad it said we had exceptional amounts of Wakfu and it was going to drain us. Well apparently it could stop time. Unfortunately Doom-chan’s Armor is sealed from affects like that. She blasted it out of existence for being a nuisance.

Speaking of Doom-chan… Well things sort of happened that apparently have been long in the making. She had fallen for me quite some time ago and in a remarkable show of restraint chose to try and go
Through my wives because she knew I would be unhappy if she just tried to claim me (since it’s a 5 way marriage) Well she not only won their approval but affection. So when she came to confess her feelings to me they helped her. It was in Doom fashion mind you something about us ruling the multiverse together and we were the only ones worthy to stand by her side. Still it was very sweet. She even let me heal her face. I accepted her as my wives already had and we have a new wife. She calls us all Brides of Doom, which is kind of cute.

>spoiler

It's the state, and no. It's impossible for California to stop sucking.

God I wish that California Brexit or whatever they called it actually went through. Seeing them suddenly deal with a huge lack of viable water would've made my day.

Calexit.

And the best part about that is that they'd have to split in half because there's no way in hell that northern Cali would go along with southern.

metal tube straws are the spawn of satan

So I'm thinking about taking Player 2 in The Gamer, and I'm wondering what alternate stat structure I should use with ReSTAT. I don't want the Int/Wis build to be the One True Build, but going with canon that's obviously the best one because your mana supply is the most important thing. I was considering having Intelligence and Endurance both contribute to mana supply (mental and physical energies) and Wisdom and Dexterity both contribute to mana regen (mental and physical adeptness). But then I realized that makes End/Dex the One True Build, because that contributes to your mana supply like Int/Wis does and also makes you tougher and faster. So it actually makes the problem worse. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

>So I heard California was trying to ban drinking straws or something?
So I heard cheeky dick waffles like you belong in /Pol/ haven't done this before, so hopefully one of the below links will work for you. If not, try pressing Ctrl+F10 until they work.
>/pol/
>>/pol/
>pol
>>pol
>>>pol

If you see a giant spider clock, run.

Ay jumpers!

How'd your first near death experience go? How'd it feel?

Well, running that one scenario in Nanoha with the nuclear Belkans as "the Troubles IN SPACE" was actually tonally lighter than FORCE in some ways, so I don't even fucking know.

Crux and /pol please stay on the subject of Jumpchain, though if this is going somewhere in regards to a Jump please get to that part.

Don't get so bent outta shape user

If I hate a setting, I purge it. Like with the PPC. But the hubby tells me that's bad since innocents can get hurt, so I don't do it as often even if I HATE WITH THE FORCE OF A MILLION BILLION QUASARS.

So I typically give my Heroic Eyecons to people I have deemed morally acceptable or that I feel bad for and I make them feel like a hero. I take great pride in taking hopeless settings and giving them the heroes they deserve. Every Heroic Eyecon starts out as a blank slate, and then when they make the contract, they connect to the database in my Warehouse and the Eyecon morphs to form the Eyecon of the chosen hero.

I'm planning on creating a device that lets me copy the souls of people so I can upload them to the database. It'll be super sweet to copy one of the Jojo's souls. Shame unless I use time travel I can't copy them all.

Maybe I'll just use Libromancy from the Libromancer jump to make copies of the jojos. Too bad that Libromancy can end poorly if fictional characters are taken out of stories and also it feels cheap.

>Brutally beaten, ribs cracked, unable to see out one eye until after major surgery in Generic Fighting Game
Felt fine and fucking dandy.

What ISNT tonally lighter than FORCE

One month till Reflection, if despair waits at the finish line it could be there

Fuck drumpf and fuck white people.

Fuck off you slimy nazi shitlord.

I was tortured and raped by a drug cartel boss for the better part of eight years, locked out of my male form and left a woman the entire time. It was when I tried to kill myself that I managed to accidentally upon the MC of the show and they saved me. I was slavishly devoted to them for about three decades as I put myself together again. That's what I get for taking a fanfic drawback for Ranma and not reading everything in the fanfic in question.

Because I was trying to be edgy as fuck during the first few Jumps. I've since learned better of doing such stupid shit.

Err I'm and I was just asking to stay on subject is all dude.

Which jumps let me genocide rural and suburban regards? Because they are seriously killing this country.

Nazi shitbags need to go back to

Impeach donald drumpf.

A few questions. What is rural and suburban regards? And since Veeky Forums is Multi-Nation I have to also ask if you're willing to revel what country you live in so I can figure out how it's killing a country.

Getting stabbed and slashed several times before having to escape my own burning mansion back in Batman: The Animated Series. It was also the first time I got to experience companion death. Not fun.

mods need to ban all /pol/tards itt.

Going from "fight between our barely heroic terrorist group and the Belkans with limited WMD use and mostly hovercar bombs" to "GAS THE BELKANS SPACE WAR NOW", which I might just do because there's no way I'm gonna let FORCE out-grimdark me.

What jumps have perks that would be good for running a space-ISIS?

The first time I thought "I'm going to die" instead of "I might die" was pretty bad, felt bad in all the ways you can feel bad, mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, morally, not great.

"Hide in the safety hatch until the danger had passed. That's what the safety hatches are for. Always remember where the nearest safety hatch is. Remember, your bunk can double as a safety hatch. Do not leave the safety hatch until the all-clear signal is given. If you are injured, do not leave the safety hatch, a medical team will come to you. Make sure to lock the handle in the "closed" position once you have made your way into a hatch. Do not open the hatch. One person per hatch. Hatches can be found in all levels of the station, and if you find a hatch that is currently being used, please make your way to the next nearest available hatch. There are enough hatches for everybody."
Page 2, Employee Manual, Pandora Orbital Research Station

18 is top tier
Krillin has great taste

Tried to commit suicide in MCU by staying on Sokovia after it started rocketing down into Earth.

Unfortunately I underestimated Asgardian durability and mostly started drowning.

The Vision, as Scarlet Witch was on one of the evacuation ships out of Sokovia, saved my ass. I... yelled at him for a bit after coming to. Said I deserved it back there, for what I'd done. He... well, he stayed with my wrecked ass until Nali and the others found us.

... I LIKE to think he might've come to regret saving me during the Civil War (I stopped Zimo but TONY STILL HAD TO PUSH THE FUCKING TICKET ON THE ACCORDS). Course, my fucking Companions supported Team Iron Man so...

Imagine a dude getting shit-kicked in the background by four other fuckers in the airport scene.

Far Cry was when I remembered that A) bullets could still kill me and B) hiding behind things works.

I generally try to do it in small ways. Gentle nudges, guiding remarked, that sort of thing. So very softcore.

That said, things are going to get decidedly HARDCORE at the end of the Violence Arc. Fate/ and the Warmonger Coordinator are finally going to see what happens when you push Yoro too hard.

I got shot in the stomach all of ten minutes into Fallout. It was a pretty rude eye opener, because up until that point there hadn't been much real danger and I had been treating the whole chain like a game. Raven freaked out because our powers barely worked and she couldn't heal me with waterbending. I managed to calm Raven down enough to describe a Stimpak to her, which one of the bandits had a few of.

Minutes later we realized we couldn't access the Medbay in the Warehouse by the usual methods either. Lots of cursing followed.

And it fucking hurt. What do you think?

Is someone working on an Ar Nosurge jump? How goes?

What are some good ways to passively train your body or powers? Anything that lets you constantly train regardless of whatever else you are doing or makes it as if you are always training.

The only ways I know of are loading heavy stuff into the minish cap hammer space and the grow by living perk in Generic Xianxia.

Fallout has the SPECIAL system. Diablo uses Str/Dex/Int/Vit. Either of those any use?

Annette is, though I believe she is working on another jump before that one. All I know is that there's going to be eight origins, I think.

Earthes route best route.

She murdered Gohan. It doesn't matter what timeline, she still murdered Gohan and neither of them will be forgiven.

Is this a reference to a specific perk or two, or just high powered Jumper shenanigans dragging a setting kicking and screaming into a desired genre?

If the latter, I did horrible, terrible things when I turned Twilight into a horror story... for the supernatural.

Int/Wis boost your mind just like End/Dex boosts your body so that part shouldn't be an issue, just that Str and Luk need something.

So then Jumpers, tell me of your armies. Their weapons and their tactics. Do you have special ranks? Super soldiers? Different branches?

There's perks for genre shifting. The ones I remember off the top of my head are from CoD:IW, with a capstone modifier that applies to two capstones to make the setting darker/brighter, and with both you can instead change the genre.

>because our powers barely worked
>not ignoring that

Dark Space?

I am my army

>So then Jumpers, tell me of your armies. Their weapons and their tactics. Do you have special ranks? Super soldiers? Different branches?

Yes

There was a post earlier this month about some sort of training jacket / outfit / weights, I think.

Doctor McNinja. Doc can be VERY persistent, and he kept coming up with weird and creative ways around my self defense system. He also figured out I was a moth and hurled bugkiller at my face constantly. He also kept trying to ruin my nice family outings by screaming it was an evil cult summonings and beating up my friends.

...He was a huge meanie.

Is there a perk to have a small (or larger, I guess) cult or religion dedicated to the Jumper upon entering a setting? Kind of niche, I guess -- any ideas on a good jump to check for that would be appreciated.

I really like Tristat. You should use Tristat. Maybe you could also use the SMT stat system.

As a vampire jumper who took Generic Universal Monster first one could say I died as soon as the my chain started. But I still felt pain and the first time I got shot by some thieves in my mansion I kinda freaked out. Since then I've gotten cocky though, and its finally caught up with me when my fight with Spider-Man went wrong and he set me on fire. I'm still recuperating from that. But boy parker is one scary mofo when he gets pissed. I'm definitely going to have to invest in fire immunity/control soon, that shit hurts.

It made for a better story. So screw you.

At the time, drowning was hilarious. I'd been afraid of it my whole life up to that point, but it didn't even have the decency to keep up the mystique when the chips were down.
After being pulled out and resuming proper breathing I didn't quite get the joke anymore, but I haven't respected death since.

This was... maybe a decade before my chain started. Now I'm full of Life Fibers and the joke's even funnier than the first time I heard it.

Fuck you for validating Wild Card's dumb bullshit.

pastebin.com/K1BrVCPq

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO BALANCE THIS FOR WEEKS.

TELL ME IT MAKES SENSE.

>500 CP

No.

My Jumper's first death was in his first origin's background, magically revived guy in Generic Universal Monsters. Got killed repeatedly by the cultists who didn't realize their ritual to create a magically immortal monster would work.

After being killed multiple times during a revenge murder spree Jumper Origin was sealed in his own corpse by the last of the cultists to keep him from reviving. The body eventually completely fell apart, freeing jumper origin shortly before the jump start.

Became an author to write unnervingly cheerful horror stories based around the strange things that have been going on lately, usually with the real protagonist replaced by one of the cultists and them dying horribly even if the real story ended happily.

>500
Why tho?

500 is too much for any companion, if you cannot offer them for less you probably don't want to be offering them at all.

Fuck off with that shit.

That's a bargain for literal gods.

Your entire jump is overpriced garbage.

Just note my Wasn't bitching it was overpriced. I don't think you should be offering those fuckers at all.

Don't let Timmy get you down, it's fine. 500's a little cheap for Kil'jaeden, even.

Do you mean ?

Seems alright to me.

I would honestly cut the 500 CP level of Companions, but the rest looks fine.

I have a feeling your OC Companions are going to be getting most of the CP from people those. That section has a lot of love put into it.

Keep fighting the good fight man. That Jump is an insane investment of time and effort and you are doing a great job of it. I eagerly look forward to writing WAY TOO MUCH about it when it gets released.

No.

>made for a better story
That's your opinion, and you're free to hold it. Though if a gimmick like that made it "better", it probably wasn't very good to begin with.

I think he's gone to the trouble of including that tier of Companion because people are likely going to want to waifu some of the Dragon Aspects, but he thinks they're too powerful to fit into the previous tier.

Alexstrasza needs a hug.

are you talking literal god or literal God.

In the latter sense, yeah that's way too much. In the former sense, explain why you feel so. Because either way I'm gonna catch shit for this, so I just want coherent opinions.

Unfortunately given current examples of builds from WoW, if I don't leave SOMETHING related to it in I'm going to catch a level of hell seen only by those who trigger fandoms.

But if I go back through and find general opinion leans more towards removing it, I'll look into that option.

>Waifuing used goods
Why tho?

"General opinion" is just whichever side feels like samefagging the hardest on any given day.

Generally remove all traces of the past iteration, ideally with replacements rather than dark, still smoking holes.
Pancakes.
Pretty fucking terribly. I lost the arm that wasn't already a prosthetic, got stabbed in the chest several times, survived because Sea Hitler thought I was dead and was too busy killing the rest of my teammates to not turn her back on the body, and then I had to walk to my quest bed so I could properly kill myself before the ill advised and desperate clusterspritefusion exploded out of sheer contradiction, taking our last chance of victory with it. I'd probably rate it the fourth most unpleasant experience in my adventures so far.

you know what I mean, smartass.

Get rid of the higher beings, Alexstraza and the other extremely powerful waifus can go into the prior tier and the BS OP cosmic demons, gods, or other such nonsense can just not be offered.

Oh, did I not respond to you the first time you spat at me? How dare I be so rude.

Damned right it's my opinion and fuck you for your assumptions.

Just leave it at 200 CP to recruit whoever we want you ass.

Remove the 500cp tier. If folks want their endboss-level companions they can pod them. If folks bitch about not being able to get Kiljaden because they turned him into a little girl whom they're having relations with. Then tell them to pipe it or buy pods.

The two who replied to you weren't me, actually. I respect your right to do whatever you want, I just fucking hate Wild Card's stupid bullshit.

No. You didn't, actually. You responded to some other user. But thanks for /your/ assumptions, friendo. Still, if you couldn't write a good story without the cheap trick, the finished product shouldn't be much better.

Honestly they should only be purchasable after they lose their dragon aspects. They're still powerful dragons but not like world shattering levels.

Rolled 88 (1d100)

Rolling for sanity

So you wouldn't agree that bodymod should be updated to bring you in line with the general power level and tone of any future jumps you visit? Why not?

Not that user, but that sounds retarded

...how does that follow from what user said? "I respectfully disagree" doesn't even introduce bodymod as a topic of discussion.

Reminder to save Ysera.

don't like the basic premise at all. But if I was to use it...

The first tier shouldn't be more than 50 CP, and sound like they would be better modeled with a create a companion thing, where they get a background and X CP, and if the build has enough of their stated abilities you just say they are that minor character.

If a Jumper could approach a prospective companions abilities considering that setting jump only I would not charge more than 100 CP, but 50 CP and they don't get CP budget in the jump, just their abilities is fine.

And I'd knock the Above Mortals level down to 200 (unless jumper could achieve similar power in the jump with cp, then no more than 100 CP as stated above)

The highest tier would be 300 CP, and you should never charge more regardless of power level. Either offer the companion at a fair price, or not at all.

Amirite?