Warhammer 40k general(40kg)

Idiotic assumptions and violent overreactions are literally all you people have, isn't it? Edition

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

>Your daily duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Transonic Blades. (embed)

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Seriously though, when are we getting news for R&H?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7xG-0LDvw-M
foambymail.com/packaging-foam.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm actually quite optimistic, and I've already seen all of my army.

Second for Orks are better than everyone is saying.

Helbrecht is my man, rerolling everything to hit sounds absolutely amazing!.

here is the hive tyrant

has anyone seen new rules for Crypteks, or Anrakyr the Traveller? so far all the non-Sautekh characters have been ignored, and Crypteks are just a fucking mystery for some reason

no cryptek discipline weapons im sure, which sucks, but maybe pyrrhian eternals can be good now?

youtube.com/watch?v=7xG-0LDvw-M

>M16"

Tyranids are back in full force, this thing will reach assault on turn 2.

Gunlines with no transports or units to throw are beyond fucked.

If 'nids are getting this, wonder what Space Wolves are getting?

that's only if he got wings, base movement is 9''
still good enough

Slight Thunderwolf nerfs judging by the leaks
GH seem slightly better now though, 2 points less and they have a few more options. Chainsword may actually be useful, they can rapid fire and charge, rhino can absorb overwatch if needed, pistols to fire in their shooting phase while in CC.

If you're tyrant is melee and it's not a flyrant you're doing something wrong

anything on bloodclaws?

So if persay every single WAAAGH!!! and every single Ork warband united under one leader in the milky way, do you think Orks would conquer the whole of the galaxy?

>Stormravens can't transport Primaris Marines
>Drop pods can't transport Primaris Marines
>Land Raiders can't transport Primaris Marines

That's good, glad GW hasn't nerfed them.

When will we get to see thorax swarm weapons and advanced biomorphs like Regeneration and Acid Blood on hive tyrants? I wonder if The Hive Tyrant Build(tm) is going to continue to see play(albeit without thorax swarm right now), Deathspitters scaling in power with bug size for the first time since 4th is great news.

Daemons are ok right guys? Right? Pls somebody give me hope

The fact that it can move 16" and then charge, is alone a massive boost to effectiveness. It can now be an actual melee unit, no longer gets stuck airborne.

Did we ever get the other Leman Russ cannon stat lines?

Was at work all day, last thing I remember was Exorcist math and the very beginnings of Ork leaks but nothing substantial. What'd I miss?

its also a psyker and can give itself fleet if you want to run an extra D6. It can also give itself +1 to charge and advance distance.

16+3d6+1

:^D we might be a little broken

where is deathwatch leak..

I'm optimistic. Rough Riders don't suck now.

Hello friends.

Where would I go to get replacement foam inserts for the case in the image?

Thank you kindly.

did anyone make pdf of the deldari leak yet?

sorry i fucked that up its

16+3d6+2

after 6 years of sucking i am excite

In the 7e codex kabalite warriors and trueborn shared an entry, but they have separate datasheets for 8e.
Reckon we can hope for different models for them too?

If such an unlikely event were to occur? There's a very good chance. Take a look at the HH novel about 'The Beast', an Ork Warlord with a truly massive Waaagh! that nearly brought the Imperium (back when it generally had its shit together) to its knees.

you mean the drew carey?

Hell im a gaurd/renegades and chaos player and im still optomistic

I have 20 of these fuckers. Do I go for massive swarm, medium swarms, medium and smaller swarms, or Msu swarms?

Ghazghkull might do it. Supposedly he's uniting pretty much every Ork clan he comes across and they're all following his banner because he's a prophet or Gork (or maybe Mork).

Seems weird that if you run two Tyrants, at least one of their powers per turn will always be spent on Smite. Psychic Focus makes no sense to me.

anyone have the possessed rules yet?

Ghazzy is a Prophet of da Waaagh, making him a prophet of both (or neither).

The lack of Legion rules is a total buzzkill for me in regards to CSM. I honestly don't give a shit about them anymore. Why bother playing a non-cult legion when you're just vanilla garbage?

ANYONE HAVE THE NECRON TESSERACT VAULT/ OBELISK RULES?!?!?

>The lack of Legion rules is a total buzzkill for me in regards to CSM.

Im pretty sure I heard there were legion rules but no chapter tactics.

You can't advance and charge in the same turn.

They LITERALLY have legion key words dude

The keywords are just for identifying who gets bonuses from characters, they don't actually do anything else currently.

But they're empty right now, likely until the codex comes out. Same with everyone's rules.

so did that user make the pdf with higher res Tau pics?

Citation needed but ive seen rhat much from cult character special rules

There aren't even marks, man. The only legion rules are legions with models, aka DG, WE, and 1ks, and that's because they're built into the model.

EVERYTHING has the Keyword. They don't actually do anything.

Thanks

you can with the tyranid psychic power "onslaught"

foambymail.com/packaging-foam.html
Or just look into pluck foam in general.

I haven't seen any actual images and I'm not willing to believe anything else due to the sharp increase in trolls around the release of a new edition.

So many leaks now, might as well just release the books.

Watch as everyone gets full rule leaks, and Necrons somehow, miraculously, manage not to get a Faction Focus until after 8e launches. Of all the things to leak, Obelisk and C'tans were not the highest on my list.

Fourth Mega Link is dead.

Fair enough, though it'll only be on one unit at a time so it's not too op.

Necrons have already had a bunch of rules leaked, they're just in spaghetti language.

have csm possessed been leaked yet?

I think so, but I didn't save any chaos stuff since I was scrambling to grab the ork leaks. I recall people not being thrilled

Guard player here, WHERE THE HELL ARE MY COMBINED SQUADS?!

They've nerfed my poor Russes to shit, heavy weapons en masse is clearly supposed to be the army's strength now. SO WHERE ARE THE PLATOONS!?

AoS killed fantasy.
8th ed killed 40k.
Together they killed GW.
The beast is dead at long last. I give them a year before support starts pulling out.

I forgot their weapon speed

I know they get d3 attacks with *NOT POWER AXES* (s5, ap2 d1) which is like bleh

and they're 22 points per which is 17 points a guy (+5 for their NOT POWER AXE)

but I didn't check their move stat

in powerlevel they seem pointed fine, but points seem shit and bad for possessed

this

There's enough people super happy for no reason other than the fact that this isn't 7th ed that I doubt it will go anywhere.

>aos killed fantasy
no, fantasy killed fantasy, fantasy was dead in the water with dickall to show for sales, aos revitalized their fantasy miniatures

>8th ed killed 40k
this is going to be the biggest launch of games workshop history, arguably even more so than rogue trader

for each psyker, not to mention adrenal gland trygons only needing 8s on 2d6 (42%) to do turn 1 chargers and their buddy troop unit if they have adrenal glands.

What did they do to the Russ?

>over 4000 posts dedicated to 40kg on Veeky Forums
>numerous other threads devoted to 40k

yeah, 40k is totally dead

AOS is selling better than Fantasy.

8th Edition will likely bring a ton of new players, as well as bring old players who haven't played in a long time back to the game.

I've seen numerous people online say things like "I haven't played since 3rd/4th/5th edition but the new rules make me want to dust off my old [whatever] army", I wouldn't be surprised if this happens a lot. Then they'll look at their shitty old 3rd edition models and they'll want to buy new ones.

GW isn't going anywhere.

made them way more durable and a fuckload better than they were in 7e

Any guard leaks yet?

>I give them a year before support starts pulling out.
-user, 2006.

That's what I thought. 3+ save is great, Do we have stat lines for the Punisher cannon?

People are losing their shit. My local facebook GW groups are talking boycotts, setting up private groups to play 7th ed since we cant play in stores anymore.

I thought id seen real shit when fantasy died but holy fuck. I know two people who are selling their armies on gumtree. Our local manager is posting every 5 minutes asking people to stop messaging him.

Every forum I know has exploded. Warseer mods are deleting every thread apparently. dakkadakka looks like a fucking concentration camp survivors reunion.

ITS 6AM.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED.

Basically, miniature wargaming attracts a lot of great people, but it also attracts unintelligent, childish, reactionary crybabies.

You are seeing the latter.

There were leaks last thread.

Vanquisher is a six-foot melta and by virtue of the inability for anything single-shot to not oneshot things is even worse than 7e

Battle cannon is as bad as we already know

Eradicator is the exact same as battle cannon except 2 less strength and it ignores cover penalties at half the range

Exterminator is no longer twin linked but didn't get a RoF increase for some retarded reason

Demolisher is crud

Punisher is unchanged, which means it's good now

Executioner is the only one to get buffed; plasma cannon can fire on low power now to not get hot, but high power deals 6 mortal wounds on a 1 and destroys the gun, preventing the tank from using it again.

In short unless they've escaped the points increase that vehicles have been getting across the board, Russes are awful this edition (except the Punisher and Executioner).

sperg. sperg everywhere.

I would advise you to distance yourself from it.

8th ed killed 40k user

its as balanced as the titanic

The leak of all leaks happened.

What kind of hell do you live in? In my area everyone is just waiting, 40k is kind of on pause but no one is losing their shit.

that picture

>he didn't even paint them all
his kind will not be missed.

AoS is doing fine. 8th ed will do great. Might thin the herd of a few grognards, but it ain't the end of the world.

yes YES
Bring me ebay deals
everyone at my local is so fucking excited

The mid 2000s called, they want their doomsaying back.

I'm willing to bet they're all place holders for when full codexes come out.
Instead of retro-fitting Legion tactics to stuff without a keyword identifier you'll be able to just say "This is the thing, it counts"

TYRANIDS ARE BACK HAHAHAHAHA FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO SHIT ON THE HIVE MIND LIKE HAHAHAHA CAN YOU EVEN CHARGE WITH OUR RANGE HAHAHA

Update: someone says theyre burning their army. Posting it to youtube. Will link here. I might take today off work if anything people are saying is true. I have to see this shitstorm.

Are there really no more combined squads? Are Chaos really this bad? I feel like the whole world is collapsing.

Strange. Before the BingBongs were awake these threads where calm and hopeful. I guess Brexit has made the Eu really self loathing.

So I haven't played w40k since mid 3ed. No longer have any models left, I think. But the new stuff seems to look nice. Read a bit, about the horrors of past editions. And it seems like 8th is going to be at worse different,and probably better then other editions.
One thing does seem to worry me. I have seen that nowadays there is stuff like titans being played, and I assumed that they are powerful, so people that buy them want to use them. Now points wise I do not know how they cost, but I expect them to cost a lot of points. And here is my problem. Back when I played 1000-1250pts was perfectly viable points range to play. But with the big models runing around, I expect the avarge army cost, in points, to be rather high. So wouldn't the starting point for people to be a bit high? I played WFB much longer then w40k, left way before AoS started, and in my area it died because no new player could buy a 2500pts army to play the avarge battle, neither were old players willing to experiment with new armies when they costed so much to started. Everything got stale and WFB turned in to guys playing the same armies over and over again, with one or two guys trying to start WFB, and failling. And that is with recasts being an option to start an army. Am worried that 8th may go the same way, huge point armies and obligatory big models. I would rather play something like my old army, a few minimax las plas squads with AC terminator support.

Also can someone explain the new marines to me, as far as the fluff goes ? because the stuff on the GW page doesn't say much.

anyone has all the nid rules on pdf?

Oh my god they dont know.

Guys. All the brits dont know yet. Theyre just waking up to all this.

can you please link to these tears ?

The fuck is a "combined squad"?

trips of truth Y2K was a better doomsday,
desu

Everyone is so hung up on Russ' being more survivable they ignore the fact that battle cannons on average just sorta tickle most units.

Update:Im reading through all the leaked stuff getting posted on fb. Entire fucking codexes it looks like.

Guy claiming going to burn his army only collects Guard and Orks. Apparently they got shafted?

CAN SOMEONE RED PILL ME PLEASE. I AM DYING HERE. GIVE ME THE IMPORTANT SHIT.

TYRANIDS ARE BACK BITCH HAHAHAHA.

Post links to Gumtree, I could do with a cheap army.

That's assuming the opponent deploys at the front of their deployment zone where you only have to get across the 24" no mans land.

All you need to know is that the dark eldar have come for your asshole

'Combined Squads' is literally the backbone of Imperial Guard Infantry strategy.

In the last two editions (probably further but I haven't played that far back) Guard Infantry Platoons can run their 2-5 infantry squads as a single unit, allowing buffs, orders, and morale checks to be spread across a much larger number of troops.

It was literally the single biggest contribution to their staying power; nids and orks got unit sizes in the 20s and 30s, Guard got combined squads.

Without it the largest size of unit in the Guard is 10 models. And it's already been leaked that orders affect one unit.

So without Combined Squads orders are much weaker; in fact literally any buff the guard can give to their units is much weaker.

I'm talking '7e orks' weaker.

People are stupid. People don't like change. People will over react before they understand what's really going on.

Orks are fine, everyone is freaking out too much. Transports are expensive across all armies and ork boyz are 6 pts for 5" M. This apparently is an apocalypse that cannot be handled.

Some qt Guard boys talked me through it think of it this way, priests and commissars give aoe buffs now and you can now fill out the different detachments much easier and cheaper. That way you end up with lots of command points and people who can give orders.

I'm upset too but you can get past it too.