waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/dragons-in-the-department-of-corrections
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What the actual fuck?

fuck off

It's the new fad for May 2017.

That's one way to do it, I suppose.

No seriously, what the actual fuck?

Then we're lucky it's almost June.

We just got a box of these in at work. I was wondering what they would be useful for.

Eh.

It's not much dumber than Yoyos or Pogs.

What the fuck is this god damn spinner shit?!

>What the fuck is this god damn spinner shit?!
see
>No seriously, what the actual fuck?
High-quality spinners that are nearly silent have been used as a fidget tool for ADD people so they can concentrate on other things for several years, but in the past few months, low-quality spinners have been marketed toward bored children. Due to cheap construction, they make a noise when spun, which causes distractions in school classrooms.

They're called fidget-spinners and they're so faggots can have something to do with their hands between turns in mtg or whathaveyou. It's basically that bottle flip shit except 100 times more cancerous.

I'm still maintaining that these look like rad high tech throwing stars for cyborg ninjas or some shit.

>Throwing stars
But how would they gouge out someone's eyes? What would a cyborg ninja even need with throwing stars?

So it's the ADD kids' fault!

Fidgets' purpose are to mainly keep autistic kids from jacking off in class.

t. Autist

Ask him yourself.

>It's basically that bottle flip shit except 100 times more cancerous.
At least people aren't pretending that these spinner things take skill or are any kind of accomplishment.

Oh, a Sith Inquisitor's lightsaber, I see you're a fan of Rebels too

spinning is proven to be a good trick, it lets you destroy the Trade Federation

t. Anakin Skywalker

Alright guys I'm gonna roll my D10

>At least people aren't pretending that these spinner things take skill or are any kind of accomplishment.

>I have what appears to be a 3-barrel laser rifle
>But let me throw these easily-dodged,thin, metal stars at you instead
At my LGS last night they were spinning two on top of each other, doing tricks, etc. It's vaping 2.0

My homebrew uses unique d38.

What are 12 year olds doing in a LGS at night?

>12yo's
user...

Friend of mine at work has a fidget spinner that looks exactly like a throwing star.

I have a One Piece themed one myself, I find it helps with my anxiety disorder.

Kek, I like you

PPPPFFFBBBBBPPPBPPPPPPTT

>But how would they gouge out someone's eyes?
Maybe the edges are heating up or they produce a laser blade in flight? I dunno man, go wild.

>What would a cyborg ninja even need with throwing stars?
If I were a cyborg ninja, I sure as fuck would use throwing stars. Doubly so if I can throw them with enough force to punch through a brick wall.

The ninja is the dude in the middle, not the centaurbot.

Does it actually roll random, so to speak,
Can I use it instead of rps on larps?

You should maybe examine OP's image a little more closely.

>All right, let me grab my new d6

I think the quiet ones are fine.
I wear a plain spinner ring that helps a lot with anxiety and concentration if I'm doing something dull.

I known it's a finger spinner...
I was actually thinking about making a homebrew that used them as RNG.
(Spoiler)that way if it takes off, people will have to buy expensive stuff after the fad goes away...(/spoiler)

You're gonna want to paint an arrow on the hub.

I have a fidget spinner that i only use while sitting at my computer. It's a nice little toy to keep my hand busy while i read the dumb shitposting all over this site.

I don't see the problem here. I'd allow it, It's cute.

anal pleasure/fissure

lol
t. old white male

It kind of is since yo-yos and pogs are toys and the spinners are meant to calm autism

Just use them as Beyblades.

FUck man, just get a teetotum.

No healing for you

in prison D&D groups they use spinners because dice are banned (gambling)

I'll let the fucker spin his stupid die, since he was dumb enough to put money into this fad.

>100 times more cancerous.

What's weird is that fidget spinners are actually a great way to identify cancerous people. There's literally no conceivable reason to legitimately dislike them, besides that fact that other people enjoy them. It's a little toy that people play with by themselves, alone. Only the most foul and lowly contrarians bother to speak out against these, the literal scum of our society.

there's D&D groups in prison?

How do you know this?

Try a butterfly knife. So much more entertaining.

Lot's, and no it's not often the Black, Latinos or AB gangs playing them.

For the most part it's the normal people who want to pass the time.
Who are you, a cop?

Yeah, I'm a cop, get down on the ground and give me prison DnD stories now, scumbag.

Fucking kek. I wonder what kind of campaigns they run.

Which is exactly what it's for. Anyone else using them is faggotry personified.

Instead of going into a dungeon, they try to escape.

Well if you must know It was my dad (got arrested for something with a girlfriend), I tried not to pry to much.
And top lel.

nytimes.com/2010/01/27/us/27dungeons.html

BTW, in case you ever start wondering (god forbid) why you fail at life, maybe it's because you're so fucking lazy that you let everyone do your research for you.

Reminder.

this is why some prisons took away the prisoners d and d stuff.

they said it was to prepare and learn how to escape

>people are buying these completely harmless things for fun
>I FUCKING HATE THEM FOR DOING THAT

Bitches don't know about my

>D1

Jesus christ. Its just a fucking little physics toy for crying out loud!

Except vaping at least smells nice and increases focus.

I honestly can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.

Fidget cubes(or the things it is trying to emulate) are a lot more effective in practice since the results aren't something you have to look at as much.

Otherwise, spinners are pretty much the gluten free diet of toys.

>society is enabling negative behaviours

>It's vaping 2.0
Wait it can get you to quit cigarettes?

Are you seriously talking shit about pogs on tg?

pogs is basically mtg for people that can do 10 press ups that don't have autism.

>100x more cancerous

Fidget spinners are far more bearable than hearing the same person throw a fucking bottle every 4 seconds

I don't see what's wrong with spinners.
3d printing stuff is fun and almost anyone can find bearings lying around in garage.

>You can borrow my d100, bro

...it actually might help, in a chewing-gum sort of way.

Shit.

Same as IRL - shurikens are used as a distraction. Theese spinner thing you don't even need to trow at your enemies - just leave them somewhere they can see.

>at least vaping smells nice
Found the vapefag.

As a sufferer of adult ADHD, I love these things. They help me concentrate, especially during my studies.
Before, the only way I could get through a text book was by masturbating with my idle hand...now I no longer have to.

That sounds like an amazing box blurb:

"I no longer have to masturbate."
- New York Times

Preach brotha

>unless you've been LIVING UNDER A FUCKING ROCK you've heard of spinners
>what is this "Cards Against Humanity"?

Is this the new satanic cult / sex orgy meme?

Low quality noisy ones are fine.
The problem is that they were good for ADD adults sitting alone in their offices without other people to distract or be distracted by.

Maybe. Won't get you to quit nicotine tho

>we don't want gambling, so have a roulette instead

Put an arrow on the hub and put one letter on the end of each spoke if you're gonna do something like this.

That's a weird way to say "so much more cringe"

>smells nice

you do know this is objectively false user? right?

My mother quit by taking to dum-dums. Nicotine is an easy fix to break out of. The oral fixation is the problem, ask any parent raising a kid who likes a binky. It's the same thing.

oh hey, look, one person in several thousand whom this product is actually useful for.

>pogs
>dumb
Nigger I will slap your shit, you shut your whore mouth

No they were for people with ADD, you know an actual, serious mental condition, but then you faggots had to make it all about you, just like everything else.

masturbating in public is less cringe than an adult (you are an adult, right, Veeky Forums is for 18+) using a fidget spinner

>not vaping fruit flavoring

>Science comes up with data proving that behaviors previously thought to be negative have benefits
>NO IT MUST BE BAD CUZ DADDY TOLD ME SO!!!
This is Trump's America.

>hur dur you're a child
>hur dur fidget spinner
Nigga I litteraly discovered this existed 3 days ago, and I don't have 10 bucks to waste on something like this.
Try again later when you're not too busy being an edge lord with your knife or some shit

Sure as hell is easier to roll Escape Artist with a fucking spinner than a d20.

They should just fudge dice in favor of the wardens.

>brother bought one to figure out what all the fuss is about
>after a couple of minutes decided it was lame and just gave it to me
>I can't stop playing with it in my off hand and it genuinely helps me concentrate
Do I have autism now?

waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/dragons-in-the-department-of-corrections

Another option is use a deck of playing cards arranged in stacks.

If i went to prison you can bet my tiny white asshole i'd run Dungeons and Dragons games all day. Sounds like a good way to pass time, build raport, and a decent enough hustle.