Shouldn't all weapons cause bleeding?

Shouldn't all weapons cause bleeding?

Other urls found in this thread:

idaholyoaks3.blogspot.com/2012/08/shark-rescue-at-seaside-beach-seaside.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shouldn't everything be weak to fire?

Yeah. I'll cut you real good with this baseball bat. Real good.

If your system is gritty and detailed enough to model bleeding damage, sure. Such a system should also model infection, risk of gangrene, and probably dysentery and the effects of poor diet. And that's wonderful if you like that much grit and detail, but that's a very specific game type and system.

If you hit someone on the mouth, he will start bleeding. :^)

Not if he's already dead.

Checkmate, athetits.

A lot of games model bleed damage without modeling diet.

For isntance
"slashing weapons deal half their initial damage as bleed damage, every turn until the wound is staunched"

fuck simulationism

kys

Disintegration, poisons, drowning, molecular disassembler, getting your feeeeeeeeelings hurt, freezing, various forms of brain damage, etc.

He can't. That would be too close to reality.

Bruises are caused by internal bleeding

Depends on the system.

You aren't hitting hard enough, you wimp.

Which system has realistic bleeding?

circulatory

If something somehow starts to bleed after sustaining blunt trauma, it's most likely dying already, so no real point of adding bleeding rules.

Realistic talking, you only die if your brain stops. And the only ways of doing so is by damaging the brain, damaging a vital piece, bleeding too much or suffocating ie Dwarf Fortress.

Hhheeeeehh.

Blunt force often tears and mashes the facial and cranial skin. The same can happen to skin that lies close to the bone, like on the shin or forearm.

Smashed or crushed digits often bleed, as well. A blunt instrument with an angular surface can also gouge and puncture tissue.

You're a dumb faggot. But you only achieved this status by getting cheeky and thinking you were smart. Think harder next time.

Have you ever been punched hard in the head/face/mouth? Because you bleed a fair bit but you usually aren't dying.

Shouldn't all bite attacks cause bleeding?

bite your hand, you won't bleed

damn

There's a difference between bleeding from a broken lip and bleeding from a punctured artery. If you really wanted I suppose you could model blood getting in the eyes and making your hands slick, but usually systems only model bleeding if you're losing enough to die from it.

What if you are a chicken?

A slash from a sword should be enough to start a hemorragy.

You will if you have congenital analgesia.

This, bleeding should also make something tired and make it lose focus if it's bled enough.

>using HP
>ever

Nah pass

>decries use of HP
>is the first one to bring up HP in the thread
What did he mean by this?

it means that pupper fish is very cute

If you want to be realistic, yes.

Many systems do not want to be realistic.
I think he means beyond an arcadey "bleeding is a special effect of special weapons".
In seriousness, Song of Swords.

>nick yourself shaving
>suffer DoT
Come to think of it, what sort of damage dice would a straightrazor use? 1d2?

1d8 divided by 3d6

1d4+Str

1d6+1/3 Str

1d2 exploding :^)

What if it's a flamethrower?

Having bled about 200cc from a nick in the chin, I believe this.

3rd degree burns bleed.

Damage in some game systems isn't intended to cover direct unblocked attacks. In these games you're assumed to be purposely dodging and weaving through attacks so when you actually take damage (and lose HP) you're only being nicked or non-fatally wounded. Yes, you're being cut up and bleeding but unless your HP is low you're still functional. When you take a "bleeding" attack the weapon caught you just right and really opened you up, magically induced or not. In fact being crit on or dropping to 0HP in these games implied you didn't actively avoid the attack and it hit you dead on and hurt you as any IRL attack would have.

So a fighter with 100hp only gets fingercuts?

My chickens have drawn blood before and they will again

Pretty much
To have 100hp they must be high level, so they're skilled, so they'll hardly ever be hit

They do. Weapons that have the "bleeding" property are notable because they cause more bleeding than usual.

I'm pretty sure it's dead.
:c

You're real fucking clever.

It was okay.
idaholyoaks3.blogspot.com/2012/08/shark-rescue-at-seaside-beach-seaside.html

This made me smile.

You must think your so smart you cheeky lil cunt.

How big is your grin right now?

*Slowcaps*

Shouldn't all infection rules include gas gangrenes?

No.

Shouldn't all ships have undead plate armor?

>implying Enterprise shields aren't made of angry ghosts

From reallistic point of view, yeah, every weapon with sharp edges should cause bleeding (even blunt one can cause internal bleering, if strike was strong enough). But then, calculating damage would be a nightmare

But what if bleeding is already taken into account in normal hit point damage?

Bleeding is not damage. It's bloodloss. You can loose rougly 10% without any ill effects, than you start getting heavier and heavier pnnalties to any physical (and then mental) actions. At some point you pass out, and than at another point you die.
Funny how unsing HP-esque for blood levels actually makes sense unlike with body thraumas.

Then it isn't bleeding.

Well fucking played.

>Being this tier retarded
Have you ever saw a person bleed to death because they had broken nose or smashed lips? I don't think so. And if you did, that would be either a medical curiosity OR effect of any of the genetical diseases preventing blood coagulation. Either way - super rare shit.

maybe, but would the bleeding caused by some attacks be significant enough to be worth the trouble of being tracked?

Bleeding in game terms usually means something that can cause enough blood loss to die from.
If it's just "a bit of blood pops out and dries out in a minute" it doesn't make much sense to track it for any purpose besides "some enemies can smell fresh blood".

Bleeding damage applies to wounds that will profusely bleed. Some injuries won't bleed heavy enough or for long enough to cause a problem.

Why would they? Makes more sense to have bleeding whenever damage goes over a certain threshold since practically all severe injuries that mangle or break the body do end up causing bleeding either internal or external.

I say damage over a threshold because no matter what kind of melee or projectile weapon you get hit with if it only grazes you then you'll certainly bleed but you aren't going to be losing enough blood to bother taking that into account unless you are deliberately going for a sluggish combat pace where ever minor cut, scrape, bruise, burn, etc is taken account of.

Shouldn't all systems be as autistic as GURPS?

Like I know they got huge fucking venomous teeth, but when I look at their silly grins I can't fucking believe it. They just look like big friendly dogs.

Also diseases and poisons that can be contracted by blood, but we get the gist.

Bleeding in a round of combat in a typical rpg is meaningless (short of major arterial bleeds six second is nothing), but bleed rules for players that can't really heal between fights would be neato

what about blunt weapons that only bruise?
chemical weapons?
non-piercing tasers?
flamethrowers?

OP you really didn't think this through

it will if you bite hard enough

bites by creatures with sharp teeth will need even less force to draw blood

I've been bitten to blood before. The biter just has to want to.

Also see Mike Tyson.

every time i have nose bleed or cut myself i have to puke

i cant stand the sight of blood. i do not know why. whenever my wife is on her period and i catch a glimpse of blood on her holiest parts i gag and almost instantly puke.

No.
Slicing weapons cause large external bleeding and even relatively small wounds can kill someone if left unattended.
Bludgeoning weapons may cause external bleeding but that bleeding will heal shortly by itself. The damage of bludgeoning weapons is all about the internal damage.
Same with piercing weapons, arrows and pointy blades are more about striking deep into the enemy body and hitting vital points ( and causing deadly infections in case the enemy survives the wound ) than slicing flesh and letting the enemy bleed to death.

In many systems, they do!

Just gonna leave this here

if a mace strikes you lightly, you get bruising and little to no bleeding
if a mace strikes you hard, you get broken bones and concussions, the bleeding will be minor at best
of a mace strikes you critically, you will have a pulped limb or head, and this will bleed profusely, but will likely have been a fatal or near-fatal attack, and the injured party will be unable to fight back, and so the bleeding will not be of secondary concern

with slashing attacks, bleeding will be a major component of your attack

There's a lot of people here who don't seem to know what it means to hit and be hit.
I've always thought everyone should be in a fight at least once, just to know what it actually feels like.

I always imagine most damage you take in a battle causes bleeding, both the bleeding and the wound itself factoring into what damage you suffer, but actual DoT bleeding I imagine is profuse bleeding, like gushing out blood kind of damage, rather than a little flow.

cunt