Dark Tower general

Is Veeky Forums ready for a flood of threads asking how to run a Dark Tower game once the movie comes out in August? And the TV series sometime soon after that

What system do you think would be a good fit? If possible, explain WHY you think the game in question is a good fit. Don't just say Deadlands because it's a "weird west" game, explain how the rules would work well to make the players feel like they're not just playing D&D with cowboy hats.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:End-World
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DrinkingGame/StephenKing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Newfags won't get this.

I see you haven't forgotten the face of your father.

Mediocre wild west/post-apoc pastiche novels that were waaaaaay too long. Editors, do your fucking job, this writer was fucking us over.

I highly doubt the movie will include enough of mid-world to get people thinking. Im sure 80% of the movie will take place in NY or wherever suze was from.

What about the TV series set entirely in Mid-World

From the trailers it looks like it's biggest problem will be not getting the tone of mid-world. It looks mostly like particle effects and flashy fights and AGAINST DARKNESS. None of the weird mysticism or dirtiness or sense of danger.

Looking forward to it because I've been wanting to play a game in mid-world for ages.
I've even got a half finished homebrew system that uses a deck of cards to resolve tests

So with black Roland is everyone else going to be black too except Susannah so she can stay racist as fuck and call them niggers instead of crackers and honkeys

I ran a year-long Dark Tower game a few years back using Savage Worlds. Worked out pretty well. It's the system used by Deadlands, which is definitely inspired by the Dark Tower novels in being a "weird western" setting, and it does high-intensity action really well. You also sometimes get results like a PC getting shot in the head and insta-gibbed like Eddie.

That sounds cool. Care to share some of it here?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:End-World

Here's my homebrew rules for a Dogs in the Vineyard conversion

DitV worked pretty well for me because there's a strong mechanical focus on relationships between characters (PC-PC or PC-NPC) and the narrative-based rules let us tell a fun story that had actual danger but didn't get bogged down in three-hour combat sessions.

>So with black Roland is everyone else going to be black too except Susannah so she can stay racist as fuck and call them niggers instead of crackers and honkeys
No, the movie takes place at some point in the cycle after the end of DTVII so Suze and Eddie are Sais-Not-Appearing-In-This-Movie.

which is a little depressing because Eddie is my favorite character

The director has implied that Eddie and Susannah will appear in future films in the series.

Oh goody. Another Stephen King movie. I'm sure this won't be so bad it becomes funny.

At least we will have the Stephen King Drinking Game to look forward to.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DrinkingGame/StephenKing

>spoiler text
Sweet!

Always this. One of the best games I've ever had a pleasure to be in.

>And the TV series
oof

elbas only good trait was that he wasnt a lanky weird looking black, could speak english, and wasnt always going on about muh race card

that changed once he got a little bit of fame

oh well its not like it was going to be a good movie anyway

>elbas only good trait was that he wasnt a lanky weird looking black, could speak english, and wasnt always going on about muh race card
>that changed once he got a little bit of fame
What, did they cut out his tongue?

What the fuck did I just read?

This isn't a drinking game. It's some sort of suicide pact.