What makes your weapon special?

What makes your weapon special?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DrRFzwPE0d4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9qHv_XEAZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's basically a sawed off 30mm handheld cannon.
That's pretty much it.

Its cheap and available in every smithy.

It was my Grandfather's Blade and he inherited it from his Grandfather. It is as much a member of my family as my brothers and sisters.

I've killed enough ghosts with it for it to start out just being +1 and turning it into a +1 ghost-touch sword through pure ghost-murder.

It defeats a different woman every night.

There are many like it, but this one is mine.

>Sword
Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough. It is more like a large hunk of iron.

I bathed it in so much blood of vary kind of monsters that it's basically transmit virulent fantasy AIDs to any wounds caused by it.

Or so I told every prisoner I interrogate.

It's a "totally non-heretical, based on a recovered partial STC, honest!" experimental model, using a null-rod's power field on a chainsword to produce an anti-demonic version of a frostblade.
I'm currently "performing extended field testing" with it, to determine if the design should be forwarded to Mars for further study...

I have trained with it since I was a youngling. It may be a mundane blade barren of magical influences, but is the weapon I have countless years of experience with, and for that it is the greatest one in my arsenal.

its a fucking ladder

It's a gift from my friends. It's fucking sharp.

Holy shit your character swings around anvils?

Anvils are not cheap. my good sir.

And you want no trouble

The Tusks of a Cyber-Mammoth built into the gun, usable as a bayonet and various human teeth festooned as trophies on the barrel.

There's also the Custom 13.55mm TUSK rounds that it fires. Needlessly expensive and frivolous.

Maybe even the ludicrously expensive Underbarrel Borg Killer Cannon that fires a special warhead designed to pierce a full combat cyborgs armor and detonate its dual EMP/HEAT warheads.

It could even be the three .45 slugs that are affixed to a chain wrapped around the stock, taken from Tusk's cranial cavity after his run in with the chief of police.

All I know is he sold his gun's likeness to Carcossa and Jones and they're mass producing them for sale at stores near you. Only 200,000 eB, Call today.

Is your other weapon is a baby?

Its a bilhook that can be attached to a stick to make a glaive.

>weapon is nothing special
>dm hints there are unique and powerful weapons tailored to each PC in the general area that are hidden well enough to be passed over if you aren't actively looking for them
>other players are more interested in the story and not spending time deviating from it

Literally nothing.
It's an AKM. Millions of the motherfuckers have been produced; this one found it's way into the hands of a PC.

>What makes your weapon special?
Mine's the one that's going to kill the Dark Lord.

It's a sun blade. Wouldn't change it for the world and my character would probably pass it down to his children. The special thing about it is that he found it just tossed over in a discount bin in the back of a random weapon store. He named himself a Sun Warrior after that.

My go-to weapon is my shield. I bludgeon gooks with my defensive equipment, purely to spite the costs of proper blades.

It can kill thing really good

It's a shillelagh

I could lose it today and cut a new one in camp tomorrow

Nothing really, everybody else in this army has a sword just like it. It isn't sharper, heavier, or magical.

But it has endured, and will continue to do so long after we are all gone.

its a magic staff that is sentient but nags me constantlly but is too OP to not use

There are many like it, but this one's by far the worst

They are when your class is thief

Can you even lift, let alone carry it?

It has embroidered in its shaft a piece of cloth or hair of each enemy it defeated.

Is this Mark? You can't keep killing prostitutes Mark! It's frowned upon in these parts!

It's a steel stein, reinforced, spike-encrusted, mounted on a chain and repurposed into a flail.

It's magically locked against spilling any of the beer inside, which it keeps perfectly cold.

Also some throwing mugs.

It was forged by my GamGam with tender dorf love.
My hammer also has its own tiny bed next to mine.
I tell it bedtime stories so it can have sweet hammer dreams

If you steal the tiny anvils, yes

It's the first gun to exist in the setting.

I came to post this

It's whatever I can find at the time

He carries it around because it was his surrogate sister's choice weapon. Been holding on to it for 17 years now.

It was passed down generation to generation for the last twohundred years. His sword belonged to his grandfather and now it is time that he wield it, to bring glory and honor to the clan!

My nigga Adam hooked me up with it.

It's in my hand, and not yours.

And that's all the difference it takes.

DO you even lift?

you can use it to paint houses or climb trees too!

youtube.com/watch?v=DrRFzwPE0d4

It's 6 feet long, made of magic, and phases through ordinary humans. Can only cause property damage and harm supernaturals.

He's canonically voiced by Rucks from Bastion.

I can just imagine a thief with anvils strapped to his arms. For long ranged targets he just throws tiny anvils.

It's a rapier like any other. Nothing special, weird or even fancy-looking.
The pistol has reinforced grip, so it's good for smashing some heads when you can't reload, but that's about it.

It's forged from the dragon my siblings and I had slain, and it resonates with my songs.

The hand that wields it!

Only one I amde that is unusual is rapier of mad kobold - kobold warlocks sword that is formed by breaking his arm and reshaping it into a black bone poking blade.

It's a big sword that's basicly a baseball bat with a blunt edge

It's shaped like a blacksmith's hammer.

That's it.

It's also a gun.

I've been going from city to city to steal saints' relics to stuff in its handle.

It's not special it's "Differently abled"

Girth

It walks and I can sit inside it.

It's an ancient gythka made of potent psicrystal. It contains the minds and psychic prowesses of the countless previous wielders of the gythka.

The fact that it was made together with a dear friend. The Dwarf who helped raise both the PC's, Although he was hired help he was more an uncle to our characters than anything. May he rest in peace.

It's one of the genuine adamantine longswords of the Grey Elves, runes set up and down along its length and enchanted so that it can serve as a metamagic rod as well as a sword.

But then my character corrupted the enchantments, and re-enchanting it to work to amplify his warlock powers instead, due to him spitting on his race's traditions.

Its a flintlock rifle with a bayonet that can be removed and folded into a knife.

It's a flaming bastard sword. Literally.

It's a 4 barreled flintlock that functions like a revolver. Im going full pirate pairing it with my cutlass

It's a carefully crafted dwarven gun. It's not better than another one of the same quality but it represents my character attachment to his adoptive culture, after having fled his barbarous origins.
He also have a hunting spear but it's nothing special.

Its a bigass cross that i use to "spread Christianity" to the unenlightened.

I mean...
Just fucking look at it!

Nothing, there are many like it but this one is mine

That must be heavy, but I guess it's the weight of mercy...

My sword was a gift from a giant, he forged my sword out of hate and revenge.

With every swing it consumed my soul until I became an empty man.

its a REALLY big hammer

With a jet engine on it. Don't under-sell.

Nothing, it's a simple longsword. He could get another one from a corpse or from a smithy.

He's a knight, not a snowflake.

Nice snowflake post idiot

I carved all those ornate designs into it myself. It's not very good craftmanship, but I'm proud of it.
At the end of the day though it's still just a stick I found in the woods.

Its a broken greatsword blade with leather wrapped around it for a handle. Its used as a dagger because he's too damn broke to get a new one

It's bigger than yours.

This guy gets it.

I had to collect rare materials for it and there wasn't a lot to be found and there was a lot of craftsmanship and magic put into it after.

We traveled to the bottom of a deep crater to take the red-ish meteorite ore but it was so heavy we weren't able to take much and weapons that can't be lifted aren't of much use anyway.

Then I got a shard of some thing that came from the Far Plane. We never did figure out what it was, or even if it was actually alive or what, but parts of it were some kind of black colored metal and we managed to take a small bit before it ate us.

The last bit was found in the deep parts of the ocean where I took the crown of a king I killed down there. The center spike of the crown was a golden looking metal that ended up being extremely tough to melt down.

There wasn't a lot of any of the materials so what we ended up doing was reforging them into bars, braiding and pattern welding them, and hammering them so flat to get a blade shape that it would flop around like a ribbon. From there it was inscribed with runes using acid we'd found when we got shifted to another plane we were never able to identify. Then we took it to a powerful mage school and eventually convinced them to magically lock the blade in time so that nothing could harm it and it could never bend. To get it perfectly straight while still in "ribbon" form we drilled a small hold near the tip, tied weights to it, and a mage increased the gravity in the room quite a bit.

It's a hell of a sword. It doesn't give half a rat's ass about anything non-magical I've swung it at so far and it's cut through quite a bit of magical stuff as well.

>Your DM presents a well-written scene where the party watches a falling star crash in a nearby field, the heart described as a glimmering metal of legendary quality - hint hint, if you give it to a master smith they can forge you a blade of song or armor of legend
>The party sells it for a half million gp

The fact that it's not mine, it's my Lord's.

Oh, man... Where's this from? I remember reading that webcomic, but I can't remember the name

It's a large belt made of textile, not leather.
It's handy to strangle people.

It's got a shit ton of ammo types

Gone with the Blastwave

I made it myself. It's a composite short bow made from the bones of old enemies

I also have a butcher's cleaver that I keep in my pack, but my God has forbade me from wielding it again.

I'd trade my khopesh of +whatever shadowscary for that ladder and baby

I mounted a Artillery cannon a suit of terminator armor and killed a hive tryant by ramming it with it.

Only time I really had a "special" weapon was a black crusade game where I made a daemon weapon, a Warp Flame shotgun. Absolutely bonkers amounts of damage that just cut through anything. Called it the Blue Dragon, on account of it bearing a demonicly dragon-like appearance and it shooting blue warp-fire. too bad I only got to use it a couple of times, since I was playing a squishy cultist, and combat did not agree with me.

Saved up my allowances for 5 years to afford it.

Just surprised that the travelling merchants that went through town every year kept the darn thing in stock.

I'm holding it

SHE WAS FORGED IN THE HOT DEPTHS OF
your mum pussy

have some terrible concept art

Elegance.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9qHv_XEAZg

I killed a cheater at a card game with a table leg and took his longsword. It ain't the best but it'll do. Better than a table leg.

Nothing. Super special weapons are a prime Mary Sue trait.

My imouto is a sword and I'm wielding her and I think she is tsundere for me?!