How will Primarines affect your custom chapter?

How will Primarines affect your custom chapter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dfccrwUlROU#t=16
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanted to play custom Custodes but I don't want the glory of "Look at us we're the Emperor's personal guard" so my fluff is still in the works. Fairly certain Primarines won't affect me, which is sad since they do look nice.

So I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but why did you make your color scheme so complex? Painting things like the elbows and wrists and forearms and chest different colors looks really busy and makes them look even more obviously custom and not official. There's nothing wrong with a homebrew scheme, but you'd think the goal was to at least "look" official and convincing.

I get that painting marines all one color can be boring, but you should limit spot colors to things like the faceplate, shoulders, kneepads, or entire limbs. Going that detailed (like belt buckle and groin, what the fuck?) just makes it look busy.

Why is red and white such a patrician color scheme?

I saw that pic when I was posting on reddit. You just revealed yourself as a filthy redditfag.

>I was posting on reddit
>You just revealed yourself as a filthy redditfag

I chuckled.

My guys are all about History and Relics, so they're probably just gonna ignore new shit.

That said, I am tempted to make a new custom chapter of Primarines. Space wolf successors could be fun

They're traitors, so... I dunno, use their rules for possessed?

Not sure if I'll consider them at all.

That said, my chapter only exists as fluff, because my sister didn't want to be sold to compensate for the dollar or euro exchange rate. Bitch doesn't even exist and wants to give me lip.

I'm more worried about how not having access to a Chapter Master is going to affect mine. RIP sweet prince (maybe CMs will be back in the codex?).

>Space wolf successors could be fun
'cause that wotally worked the list time they tried to make one

>'cause that wolftally wolfed the last time they wolfed

HOW DO YOU PAINT THAT IMAGE SO WELL

TELL ME NOW

The chapter and sector as whole was isolated from the Imperium as a whole due to the great with, so they won't even know they exist.

I would assume Cawl would have noticed something amiss in his tests

I just want to have viking marines without the entire codex reading like

>BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

Selling them off, starting all over again. Fucking manlets.

I remeber Veeky Forums had made non-retarded space vikings before and even saved them on 1d4.
Star Krakens, if I recall correctly.

My guess is tablet plus a program that's not MS Paint and using the brush tool + actual different colors

I will paint giant googly eyes on my interceptor squad and they will be my primary troop choice for my Knight Owls.

I hope the multi-part Inceptor squad has a visor down option so I can paint them like astronauts.

The fluff of my chapter is that they're the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Machinum, so it stands to reason that they'd get some of the shiny new Big Boys on deck.
That is assuming, of course, whether I even make the transition to 8e at all; I'd hate for the models I've painted up to sudddenly become useless, or worse, nonexistent.

I politely disagree somewhat with this user. I think he has a strong point that I'd agree with 95% of the time, but I feel like for this particular theme, your color distribution works. It looks like a bloody, flayed body with parts of its skeleton breaking through at various points.

It's unusually busy, but I think I like it. Seeing a painted model would be great for further assessment.

But to add to this, I think it would be better to give the bolter a different color. Either settle just for one of the two, or even go with some stark contrast, like almost black dark grey.

The way it is now, the bolter would be barely visible against its wielder, like a zebra standing with other zebras. Weapons should pop a bit imo.

They, and the new keyword rules, are going to affect me by making me buy a contingent of them for my RT army. No idea what chapter I'll make them, probably something custom. Maybe I'll steal one of Veeky Forums's custom chapters.

Answering myself a second time, I correct my suggestion of painting the bolter from a very dark gray to a very very dark red.

Very dark red would look like the color of dried blood (which can look almost black), fit the theme, and still make the weapons stand out.

because you are a pleb with kid tier tastes and actually think Black/white+colour can be a good scheme(bonus points for gold trim).

>tfw favorite color combo is white primary black secondary red spot color

user pls...pls no bully

hab mercy pls i gib u favorite car and favorite waifu

Since the Primarines are basically better than Space Marines, my entire Chapter would have the mentality of "Sign me the fuck up!"

They'd all want to get in on that, and since Guilliman was practically handing them out like candy to Chapters who took any losses, my Chapter would be asking for about 500 of them right off the bat.

Get them back to full Chapter strength, and make them 50% Primarines.

>not holding fights to the death amongst your chapter, so that the winners prove they are worthy for upgrading, and the dead get replaced by even more Primaris

Probably not to the death. They may not be worthy of upgrading, but they can be kept around. Besides... The Codex never said anything about the limit of Primarines in a Chapter. I could just replace every Space Marine who doesn't upgrade with a Primarine, and keep the Space Marines as a separate branch of the Chapter!

How do Primaris and DW act?
Are they loaned from the parent chapters as usual? Will they band with squat marines? Can you mix Inceptors and Tacticals?

Name of the waifu?

Accepting but cautious. Primaris upgrade will be reserved for elites and volunteers, new primaris marines will operate in their own squads under the watch of the chaplaincy, but otherwise treated as full equals and brothers.

Because lets face it, this has "blows up in our face" written all over it, just like any other attempt at innovation.

>Put my home Planet in the Galactic North way back in 6E
>Vastly understrength after costly campaigns, but still unfailingly stoic and dutiful.
>Now they're slap bang in the Dark Imperium and their homeworld is in the warp thanks to the new map
> Bobby G comes along to help but he also drags along trucks of Geneseed heresy
Fuck me, I guess they pop a salute and request to just go out the way the Emperor made them.
We Crusade fleet now.

My chapter are shattered remnants that essentially sold their loyalty to a over-sized explorator fleet in return for the resources to rebuild the chapter. ~2000 years later they've got back to around 750 marines become fanatically loyal to the fleet and machine cult while the explorators tote them around like a glorified trophy pet.

So on one hand, it would make sense for the Magi in charge to have the clout to requisition some primaris from Mars. But on the other hand, I'm really into the idea of the fleet getting caught way on the dark side of the big new warp rift and having to go on a big campaign to make their way back to the less horrible side of the galaxy. I'm not sure if it would make sense for them to be able to get primarines if that was to be the case. The lore we've seen seems a little conflicting as to just how much the big new rift impedes things.

>Canadian Marines
Is their specialty apologizing to their enemies?

That's Baiken from the Guilty Gear series and she is top fucking tier.

One way I thought a Space wolf successor could be made to work is to just take a bunch of people from Fenrier and take them to establish colonies on other icy death worlds.

Red/Orange and Black is great colorscheme, hard to fail at as long as you don't go FULL EDGE

But to actually answer OP's question, it's not going to affect them much. They adamantly refuse aid from the wider Imperium and try to keep to themselves. Basically imagine Lamenters, but instead of feeling sad all the time and that inexplicably making people mad, they're essentially biting the hand that feeds them to keep people away from them and the curse of their gene-seed.

Not only did you buy into the internet tribalism meme, you ousted yourself as a member of the other tribe. 2/10 I responded

It's probably just an upgrade again.

>Iron Hands successor
No need for them. Suspicious of Crawl and will continue modifying space marines mechanically. Can also assume the Primaris being the new super soldiers wouldn't adapt the extreme practices of Iron Hands.

My boys were only recently rediscovered by the Imperium after being cut off by a warp storm for 90% of their history, so they've diverged so much from the codex and already ground so many gears among their fellow Imperials that the only reason they haven't been declared renegade is the Administratum haven't gotten around to the paperwork yet. They're probably not on the short list for Primaris reinforcements, and their history would make them highly distrustful of such anyway.

Sounds like your boys and my boys wouldn't get along. Mine are the result of an Explorator excavation going heretek, and the resultant war to reclaim that world.

They're closer to the Adeptus Mechanicus than the Imperium of Man so they're really not even supposed to be around in the first place

Except this has been attempted and it didn't work. The connection is to the planet Fenris itself, not the genetics of the population.

Tell that to the Grey Knights.

I still have to finish painting and building my basic force

By the time i get to primarines, the old marines will already be OOP

So then shouldn't all the Primaris space wolves Cawl made be fucked anyway, since they've been on Mars?

If Primaris space wolves exist at all, then successors should be possible

"Marrow Lords"
youtube.com/watch?v=dfccrwUlROU#t=16

TATAMI GAESHI

TATAMI GAESHI

YOOUUZANSEN

TATAMI-

TATAMI-

TATAMI GAESHI

YOOUUZANSEN

They are unperturbed. The truth path to defeating chaos is in the mastery of the self, and nothing else.

They are pure heresy, and the Sons of the Dragon deny them to the point of hunting them down and declaring secession from the Imperium.

Christ you're a fucking cringe

>custom chapter

do I look like some plebeian who doesn't play Ultramarines

Why, of course it is Toyota GT86!

They'd be great for the chapter considering recent losses including their homeworld. Issue is they're stuck out on the outer edges of Segmentum Obscurus and thus them getting anywhere or being able to receive any reinforcements is very unlikely due to the light of the astronomicon being gone.

satania

This is one of the main issues Im having. Though, whats the SW relationship like with the Ad-Mech? They seem to keep Tech-priest trained on Fenris, Iron Priests, rather than Mars like Techmarines. So who knows if they've been tithing Gene-seed like their meant to. Also, they are the only chapter to tell a major Imperial organisation to BTFO successfully.

WTF are "Primarines?"
>inb4 google

Google

Where the fuck have you been for the past month? Fort fucking Irwin?

Space marines are obsolete in canon now. They've been supplanted by slightly bigger marines.

cringy

Yeah well the new imperium army list didn't contain any iron hands either, so... fuck us right?

Anyway, I'm too busy building a mock company of dreads to gaf about primarines

Battle cry: PASS INTO THE IRIS

are you literarily me?

Good taste. Other user a shit.

I don't play marines because I'm not an unoriginal fag.

It may be in the Codex whenever that is released, but as of now, it does not exist in Index: Imperium I.

I guess I'll just stick with my captains on the tabletop at the moment, which isn't the end of the world. If the codex disappoints, I'll be pissed, however.

My custom chapter are going to be a Primaris chapter.

So it affects them a pretty good deal.

Now I just need to think up a colour scheme for them. I want them to be Blood Angel successors, but red/gold/black/white is a tricky set of colours to make something that doesn't look too busy.

>all these chapters more loyal to the machine cult/admech than to the imperium
>and I was thinking that I was at least slightly original

>you are a pleb with kid tier tastes and actually think Black/white+colour can be a good scheme(bonus points for gold trim).
Heard you talking shit m8

Post a photo, let's find out

Everybody loves the AdMech user. It's like expecting Guardfags to not be all HFY.

Don't worry about being original user, make something you want. It'll grow a life of it's own later on

The Wisdom Kings do not have a battle cry

They echo droning chants. They seek serenity in all things. A lack of inner peace is the path to chaos.

What would be a good chapter name for something based off /tv/? Asking for a friend

oh please enlighten me on superior color schemes

I'm still painting the army

>guy on the left doing bare handed stance

Absolutely patrician

Those aren't mine because I don't actually collect and paint just the first in I got for Buddhist space Marines.

The first pic was something I made in space Marine painter beta

Tried my hands on a custom chapter just now.
Successor of the Salamanders.
Basically inverted colors, just the fists will be painted in plain metal with some after burner effect added in.

I meant a photo of you. We can't tell if you look like a non-Ultramarine playing plebian if we don't know what you look like.

Your smurfs look solid though.

The Rising Fire
The Baneful Giants
The Back Breakers
The Iron Masks

Hotheads also works.

My warband just sees it as more marines to kill and enslave.

The Flesh is Weak but the Post is 5/5