Tyranids 8th edition

So after the recent index leak, stat lines and prices. Whats everyones views on the big bugs

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!u4VASSDR!AOLk2_SlJdKXq0B1B4uKXlnUt6pUYVUljcUrKuE_XtQ
strawpoll.me/13087891
drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B4IGo22sDo4zdEtrRmEyelg2TkU
youtu.be/3ICp2J7dLeQ?t=1m15s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its all on paper, but it looks good.

My nidzilla is going to hit the table again.

What are the leaks?

Gimme some time to trim them and upload

>mega.nz/#!u4VASSDR!AOLk2_SlJdKXq0B1B4uKXlnUt6pUYVUljcUrKuE_XtQ

Ah this saves me posting, thanks!

Has any 8th edition flufff been released or is it all rules etc

You seen the one that in baal after killing BAs and successor chapters Guilliman appears and kills half and then Chaos eats the rest?
Good times!

Its just written with 0 detail or anything interesting

The ass pull where that bloodthirsters kills the ENTIRE hive fleet while guilliman wipes the rest... kinda sucks

Thanks! This is legible.

>Whats everyones views on the big bugs
it all looks good or possibly good, except that I've got difficulties fitting the hive crone, the toxicrene and the mawloc into any role when the harpy, the haruspex and the biovores exist

I see a very reliable tactic in equipping half a gaunt unit with devourers so the other half can get shot and refueled by the tervigons while providing number bonuses and protection.

a screamer killer carnifex looks way more reliable than a crushfex to me

I'm preoccupied terrain rules will hamper all plans of deep strike charges with the -2" malus

I'm currently looking at the sporocyst in hope of a purpose

Problem I see with sporocyst is it can be deepstriked but it has to be 9" away from an enemy and its HUGE, its gonna be very hard to place that, apart from that it works as a forward synapse beacon/ gun magnet/ stationary biovore really

Speaking of which, not sure how I feel on biovore change, chances are its only wounding 1 unit per turn, instead of a blast, however its a mortal wound... but if it misses it just makes 1 spore.

Also nice to note, spore mines that are within 3" of an enemy at the end of charge phase, explode, so you don't even have to charge, just drift over there, that's nice

Do you have to pay for the replacements termagants spawned by a tervigon? the rule is a bit muddled since you do not replace a unit that was destroed.
if you spawn a new unit then yes obviously you pay.

The rule about paying points only mentions created units not reinforced ones.

that is how I read it but it also says replace.
maybe my confusion comes from not being native speaker.

even when it talks about replacing it always refers to an unit, not a model

other armies, like chaos, have models that get removed and replaced with a bigger unit, or multiple smaller ones; I think it would trigger in cases like the old endless swarm too.

You pay for spawning a new unit. You don't pay for reinforcing an existing one. You can't reinforce a destroyed unit.

Sweet. Its theory hammmer. But I'm thinking 30 gaunts with tervigon and veneomthrope support is going to be a really hard to shift objective camper/anchor unit, especially if they can get in some cover as well.

Also fun to use mixed gaunt units have 10 with devourers chilling back and 20 replenishing cannon fodder in front of them.
Enjoy the rerolls from the tervigon, -1 to hit from venoms and potential fnp.
It does come around 480 pts or so though

Venoms are now required to be in a unit of 3. Do you think they'll be worth running if you can't spread them throughout your army?

Tyranids are cute.

Have there been any Necron leaks yet?

No. Nothing was leaked and the 166 posts in the 8th edition necron thread are all discussing void.

So, no new units?

Funny, if my math is correct Exocrines are better than Rupture Cannon Tyrannofexes against Land Raiders and every vehicle with equal or lower toughness and saves (assuming both stationary) even with ignoring the BS boost rule.

Care to share the math?

Termagant weapons. Any reason to take spike rifles? Seems like keeping them cheap with straight flesh borers will be the way to go.

Anyone planning on running some eccentric combos with termagants?

I'm running 2 squads of 15 Devourers with 15 Fleshborers. Gonna keep replenishing the Fleshborers with the Tervigon while keeping the Devilgaunts in the rear.

It's pretty simple with exorcine, S7 AP-2 damage 2 with 12 shots when stationary

Tyrannofex is a bit more complex because of the buff when both shots hit
16 possible outcomes when shooting stationary
1 involves a double double hit
4 involve a double hit and a hit
2 involve a double hit and two misses
4 involve two hits but no double hits
4 involve a single hit
1 involves a double miss

The average result from stationary shooting is basically 16x S10 AP-4 dmg d6 hits (all the "double hit" hits combined) plus 16x S10 AP-1 dmg 2 hits (single hits combined), divided by 16

ap-3 with Exo*

No new units for anyone yet.
The idea is to make sure that every race and all their pre-existing models are translated across into 8th first.

Wait

You need 3 Tyrant guard for a unit?

no more minimum of 1-3 and shit?

Fuck i only have 1 model

Not sure how you got that. I got:
>Rupture cannon
2.83 wounds per turn on average (shooting twice at a Land Raider)
>Exocrine
2.67 wounds per turn on average (shooting twice with stationary BS boost at a Land Raider)

The Exocrine is still massively superior because the Land Raider is the Rupture Cannon's best case scenario. The Exocrine will perform comparatively better against every single other model in the game.

Oops, nevermind, I had the Exocrine at AP -2. It's AP -3 so that's 3.56 wounds per turn on average. Tyrannofex a shit.

What about GSC? did we see them?

How do they fit into Tyranids, can we still ally them in?

yes and yes.
The 40 general has a megalink with all the leaks in pdfs you can check them there

Real talk, how is the pyrovore in 8th?

How does this look for a 'my first 40k' list? Going up against my friend's primaris-from-the-box list. Also would like some future proofing when I expand my army

>Scything Talons actually do thing again
Oh swee...
>You must attack with them meaning they don't work in tandem with other weapons
T-thanks GW....

It's a good start for only 500 pts, but you should drop half of the Devourers on the Termagants for Adrenal glands on the Hormagaunts.

Anyone got the maleceptor pages?

Heavy flamer shooting weapon and st5 ap-3 melee weapon. Every time it loses a wound in melee it has a 1/6 chance to inflict a mortal wound on the enemy. 50% chance to cause mortal wound on enemy unit upon its death.

Ought to be nasty as a suicide squad. I'm actually happy with them now. They're really close shock troops now.

strawpoll.me/13087891

I like how Swarmy's degredation table slowly turns him into a regular Tyrant in S and Attacks

4th ed

I'm new here but I was lurking 40kgs for a while. Are Nids finally at least on paper playable? I don't want to play ultra-competitive or make a waacfag shit but also don't really want to run a one-list-army as my first army ever.

Also if yes, is pic related good way to start nids army in 8e? Is there any way to run bugs on budget? Maybe elite army would be cheaper than swarm one?
I'm torn between few options so I will appreciate any tips

Soon

Nids were always playable. For god's sake the winner of LVO ran a nid list. They just weren't winning everything so people said they were shit. That being said, you can have whatever you want on a budget by buying secondhand. The Starter kit +Brood Progenitor is a great start, But I dunno if the HT in the kit has wings/swarmlord attachments so you may want to research that. Just build 500 or so points at a time or else you'll be burnt out on painting little guys and you'll have 90 fucking gaunts to paint like I do.

You can probably do some badass 40k squat kitbashing with that new AOS faction

Flyrant alone not a faction make.

I didn't say that they played like they do in the fluff. I'm super excited for the changes that are being made and Tyranids are going to be a lot better and fluffy armies will be way more viable, but the faction itself was playable in 7th Edition. It just wasn't playable in a way anyone wanted.

Ok, didnt knew that. But these leaks are not final books i guess.
Because if they release that and later add new units, you have to hunt these sheets to be update who you might be fighting.

The thing about the exocrine is if it does move it'll be hitting on 5s on account of its weapon being heavy. So unless you manage to get through the entire game without moving its not actually that great.

36" range will make that easier than it sounds. Casting the Onslaught power on it will also make it busted as "advancing" is not considered moving in 8th Edition.

Their monsters are good and scary, their hordes seem like they'll actually be able to run up and eat dudes

their shootiness is meh, but that's not what they're about

Squats BTFO

They will never be anything more than tyranid fodder

Brutal.

>Girl detected

True but I do like the idea of venom covering a reinforcing gaunt squad, enemy will NEED to kill 11 or more gaunts per turn or wound the other 2 (who will behind gaunts) to do anything

Apparently, and you can have 6 guarding 1 tyrant, fuck knows why so many

Just in case people want the rest

So your brain bug doesn't die against hero units, your guards die first

If you wanna spend the points buying SIX tyrant guard for 1 hive tyrant, go for it

page 14 was a duplicate whoops

Tyrant has wings and everything in the starter.
Where can I find the mention that you need to pay for those termagants?

drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B4IGo22sDo4zdEtrRmEyelg2TkU All the books

Well, they are all not working for me

>But I dunno if the HT in the kit has wings/swarmlord attachments so you may want to research that
It has
youtu.be/3ICp2J7dLeQ?t=1m15s

Fug, hive mind

So old one eye benefits from his own Alpha rule? 3+ to hit with claws and 2+ with talons?! Im excited

>Venomthrope shroud is 3"
Oh for fucks sake. One thing I always hated in the 6th ed was how tightly together you had to play your army. 8" Synapse and this are gonna be annoying. Thank god Tyrants have a proper Synapse

>zoans have 3++ save
>maleceptor only has 5++
>only does 1 mortal wound per unit
WHY
If they wanted to be more fluffy it should have been a 3++ warp field and D3 mortalnwounds per unit. The things were fucking horrifying in shield of Baal

That's everyone now. Characters and support units have a 3" aura, maybe 6" for some HQ if the aura is crap or if it only affects one unit. The fact that the Tyrant even gets 12" on Synapse puts it among the top tier characters.

Luckily no templates or blasts I guess and lack of synapse is no where NEAR as punishing as it was

I feel your frustration though

for melee tyrants, monster rending claws is looking to be ridiculous.

here's Htyrant Vs T7 3+ Save (Rhino)

I am at a loss anons, I need your help to decide.

I have: 1 Hive Tyrant, 2 Carnifexes, 3 Warriors, 3 Hive Guards, 10 Gargoyles and 20 Termagants

What would be a good investment? Trygon? Exocrine? I really like the idea of Nidzilla

The new IB feels cheap, but it's noway as terrible as the previous was. God, you can SEE on almost every page that there was some poor sod who had to fix the shit stain that Cruddace made. Reading this feels me with such a bizarre and alien feeling

i'd suggest figuring out your troop choices and detachments and go from there.

Trygon if you are planning to get Genestealers or more Warriors. Exocrine if not. Get more Carnifexes if you can. Nothing will make your dick harder than a table full of Carnifexes

Wait am I reading that wrong, dual scythes look mathematically better?

yes, i forgot to display total wounds for monster claws which is 4.32. the cost efficiency total in blue for it is still correct.

Its cheaper than dual scythes too since it costs literally 0 and 31 for 1 scythe

right, thats why i used the base cost of the tyrant rather than 0 in the calculation.

against a single T7-T11 3+Sv, monster rending claws are better and only takes one slot

Figuring out my troop choices? I have a squad of warriors and two termagant squads plus 6 ripper bases. What do you mean?

I don't like Genestealers, but I want to run my current warrior squad with the Trygon.

Exocribe is obsolete you mean?
And are carnifexes really this good? I understand they got cheaper and are tanky, but hitting on 4s doesn't make them particularly killy?

Why would you put the devilgants in back? The owner picks removed models now, you can take them from the back. Maximize the range on the devourers.

You can divide your attacks between your weapons however you wish. It's not all or nothing anymore.