Half races

How do you incorporate half races into your game world without relying on rape? Sure it makes sense that a human and an elf would bone, but half-orcs or half-ogres and other half-monstrosities? Any human in their right mind wouldn't fuck one of those things.

Well then I guess it's a good thing that many humans AREN'T in their right mind.

>Any human in their right mind wouldn't fuck one of those things.

Is this your first day on the internet?

Also i totally would dat orc

Men have fetishes, user

Love takes many forms.

Half-anything was a mistake to begin with.

What about if there's no racial integration between them? Orcs are big dumb beasts who routinely fuck shit up wherever they go like a swarm of dying wasps. The best part about getting fucked by an orc is when they kill you.

Honestly, I just wrote out half-races alltogether and took the Elder Scrolls approach of all children sharing their mother's race, regardless of what race the father is.

Does it make sense scientifically? Fuck no, but neither do dragons or magical fireballs so fuck you.

These. It solves so many stat'ing headaches to just not have half-races. Either say the different races aren't genetically compatible with eachother, or do like the second user suggested and make it so all the children are either one race or the other and genetics be damned because fantasy world.

Actually, I just throw out orcs totally, and other similar races, and fold them into Elves.

So there are smug, high-class bitch elves, insane tribal rapist elves, and everything in between, and all of them are constantly raping any humans they can get their hands on.

It's honestly a lot simpler that way.

It could be scientific. Just assume that fantasy genes doesn't work as real one do. Instead, the baby grows inside the mother and takes the bulk of genetic material from her, just using the father's genes to insert small mutations (thus inheriting maybe hair color from father or whatever).

I'd do this if my group wasn't so caught up in official D&Disms like "hob"goblins being the bigger and deadlier onces.

Half races are infertile, and are willingly created to provide richer families with a child that does not need trained, can do heavy lifting around any farmland/mines, can be drafted to war, and can care after the parents when they grow elderly. Only the rich of each race really do this, with Muls being the Dwarven choice, Half-Orcs the human and Half-Elves the far more unpopular elven choice.

Each society goes about this in different ways, but as a specific example orc society is matriarchal and the orcish women will happily bear a half-human child for a high fee, which is not appreciated by the male orcs, but accepted as best for the tribe.

Based this off real life examples of what families would do in years gone by, where they'd have an extra child just to do housework and remain unmarried. Shit, just two generations ago it happened on my mothers side.

Where do you think you are?

i would an orc woman user.

I would give my dick away if the last thing I did was an orc woman

There are humans who voluntarily fuck apes and dogs.

In addition to all the fetish/humans will fuck anything comments, where there's alcohol, there's a way.

The other ones, of course, do it.

An evil wizard decides to go "Mr Sinister" and breeds all sorts of lovelies.

I played a silly half-fae half-vampire drow abomination once that was a product of exactly this, an insane wizard's experimentation.

The guy had issues, and a cute little sister that loved him a little too much.

If you strip away the culture we see as normal and add fantasy elements there will emerge orc and human cultures that co exist and there WILL emerge beauty standards that may include large, strong and incredibly fertile orc men and women.

it's really not all that different from asians banging africans or what have you.

Depends on the setting.

If it's sapient people can fall in love with it. Hell it doesn't even need that much sometimes.
If that makes you uncomfortable, just make them less ugly.

Historically, cultures don't coexist, they dominate.
If humans and orcs cohabitate, eventually one culture will die off as the other takes over. You end up with a society of half-orcs that will most likely adhere to orcish traditions.
Half-orcs (as they are usually depicted) wouldn't pass for human and thus would gravitate more toward orc culture since they would fit in more.

The Métis are a perfect example of this.

Humans can and have fucked anything. It's really not that big a deal, half-races are just a byproduct of humans being humans.

Nah, orcs are fucking stupid m8. They'd get fucking rekt by literal wizards and wiped out.

Well orcs are actually pretty okay guys when they're not raping and burning things. Some are rather wealthy traders and may be valid choices purely from an economic standpoint. Then there are the places that actually respect the more barbarous variety and willingly intermingle with them.

Ogres are already halfbreeds - they're what you get when you cross a male goliath with any other compatible race. They have a growth disorder like ligers and just get bigger and bigger until their heart gives out. They don't have goliath markings, which are inherited from the mother, and are shunned from goliath society. They make great soldiers and laborers before the heart failure thing though, so others don't mind them as much.

Half-elves technically can't happen naturally, but magic blood pacts made a bunch a while ago and they spread so thoroughly the people in some countries are entirely a bunch of half-elves that think they're just a variety of human.

Nobody else is close enough to mingle, or so close the halfbreeds are indistinguishable from a short/tall variety of one of the parents.

>It solves so many stat'ing headaches to just not have half-races
You could just say "stat yourself as the parent race you prefer". Lets you have the fluff without muddying the crunch.

One word:
RAPE

The thing I don't do is declare them sterile, if they're plentiful enough to be listed in the Core books. They're must be a viable population or mixed population to sustain them. Declaring half-breeds to sterile just reeeks of neck beard virgins who don't want to exercise their thinking muscles and hate fun outside their comfort zone.

And why wouldn't fantasy follow biological principles? Unless you have a metaphysical system like Exalted or Elder Scrolls does, the default is like our own universe.

You're aware the core books are a toolbox, right? You're not actually meant to use everything in them. The stuff in the books is just meant to be building blocks so you can create a setting that fits your personal needs. This "it's in the core books so it must be canon!" attitude is an awful cancer that makes a ton of fantasy settings into generic "kitchen sink" games with too much content bloat because people don't realize they're supposed to trim the fat a little and do some worldbuilding of their own.

>And why wouldn't fantasy follow biological principles? Unless you have a metaphysical system like Exalted or Elder Scrolls does, the default is like our own universe.

Well the trouble with that is no one is sure about the biology of all these fantasy things. Are orcs an men different species or literal races of the same species? How's elf fit in to all this when half the time they're from an entirely different world? How the fuck are dragons mixing with anything?

Most of the time it's just easier to either say no or say magic did it.

Entirely dependent on the system, but in DnD the core is all meant to be used together, that's why they lump it in core and put all the weirder shit in other books
That's why people threw a shitfit when 4e released tieflings and dragonborn in PHB1, apparently completely unaware the design philosophy of 4e was entirely different from the previous editions

>Be me
>Have a gf (I know it's hard to imagine but try)
>Turn to her and ask
>She says slowly and unsure of herself 'Consensual sex... maybe?'
>'Yeah my mum had/has an orc fetish'

No... just no. That's entirely fucking wrong. The fucking PHBs themselves say you don't have to use everything in them.

Yet all the settings do so precedent says yes.

>A fucking leaf

Thats not even right either, there are plenty of published settings that exclude races, classes, gods and even drastically change elements of the rules like magic. Hell, one of the best settings in the game, Dark Sun, does this with a TON of things.

Stop talking out of your ass.

And this is where I break out the pseudoscience. Fuck genetics, inheritance works on the discredited and pseudoscientific theory of morphic resonance. Basically, every species and race results from a morphic field that stems from a singular universal life force field (Akashic Records?). Each member of a species that is born inherits its form via a collective resonant memory of that species form. Thus humans stay human by inherited resonance of being human. Half dragons work via draconic morphic field being stronger and overwriting the details while leaving the humanoid aspect. Orcs and elves are close to humans in morphic resonance, thus their mixing is possible while mixing with dwarves or goblinoids isnt.

This also helps explain polymorph magics. The magic spell is altering the morphic field for the individual affected, turning them into a new form. Lycanthropy is an additional morphic field parasitising onto another field, until integration occurs. The new dual field allows the change from one type of creature to another, along with a mixture.

Really, its a wonderful bit of pseudoscience that really helps explain a great deal of supernatural effects related to forms within fantasy.

So magic did it

No, a "scientific" theory did it. But yes, magic did it.

>dwarves aren't close to humans but elves and even orcs are
I will never understand this. What does everyone have against dwarf racemixing?

No one wants to fuck a woman with a beard mate

Officially? Sacred cow inherited from Tolkien's influence on starting races.
Personally? I just like having a near human race that is not compatible, so it leaves people wondering why elves and orcs but not dwarves. Then I tell them they're descended from that worlds version of neanderthals crossed with earth elementals. Over time they've bred out most of the Earth element business but it's left them so far from human that crossbreeding isnt possible. They look human, but aren't.

Humans fuck niggers, so why not an orc or ogre?

I don't. The other races are too far removed, genetically speaking.

I prefer the dwarves are descendants of elementals path, there's really no reason not to if elves were fey.

Muls are a thing. Just mostly tied to Dark Sun.

>They look human, but aren't.
That's what elves are for. They even have a whole otherworld and shit to play with

I like to think they happen, but because dwarves have no inhuman traits mixes they just look like short humans and thus nobody notices

How do I call the offspring of elves with orcs?

wogs

> what are mules, the post

Wholesome

Sounds like you just described humans.

This argument would have a lot more merit if most big RPGs these days weren't practically designed around tournament play (Adventure League, Pathfinder Society, etc) where you're expected to use the rules AS WRITTEN with very few exceptions. Fucking PFS caused the infamous weapon cord errata because too many players bitched about it.

The whole "pick and choose your rules" thing is becoming extinct these days, because there's always a precedent for people following them to the T.

Its like youve never been on the Internet

I have a pc thats the result of perfectly consensual lovemaking between an orc and a young guy whos village her tribe raided.
They gotta keep up appearances of him being her property, but really they just love each other and are adorable

>Adventure League
>Pathfinder Society
>Sane people becoming extinct

It's time to stop posting and take your crazy meds.

>And why wouldn't fantasy follow biological principles? Unless you have a metaphysical system
Yes, only if a fantasy setting had the thing nearly every fantasy setting has.

It's called fetishes. Usually you'll only find these half-breeds in large cities where people may be bored of these things or perhaps desperate. Also, I guess I don't generally think of any race as inherently 'ugly', I'm sure there might be a orc or two not seen as traditionally attractive to their own race that may have features another race finds alluring enough.

Also, as a general rule, if a race would rape another, they probably find that race attractive enough in the first place to put some effort forth in other ways. It might not be reciprocated, or might not end up with anything, but people may get creative, curious, or just bored in the case of some of the slower aging races.

A race could have various different appearances like pic-related where while both are fine to an orc, only the one on the right may be attractive to a human.

I often use a description like to describe elves who are closer to their fae ancestry, and those who have been more earthbound longer adopt more 'human' traits due to the difference in energies in the planes. This also helps explain why elves take on so many different biomes as their own, they're just more sensitive to the environment around them and adapt to it easily.

Keep this in mind too, you really can't explain all of the psychology perfectly behind why humans take certain other humans to bed. Fantasy races' preferences may be even more bizarre or more restrained. Two long-time companions, despite being a strange pairing may end up with eachother.

their are some weird people out there user

and while I do believe some half breeds are more likely the result of rape (like Orogs) that doesn't mean all of them are

you could have an elf rape a human or an orc and a human that love each other

it's roleplay sometimes you want to go against a stereotype

>pic-related where while both are fine to an orc, only the one on the right may be attractive to a human.
Beyond fashion sense they both look the same, and I can say as a human I'd totally do both

this is actually somewhat true
since about 51-55% of the DNA comes from the mother, mostly due to mitochondrial DNA

General facial structure on the left is ugly by even the most general of rulings from a human, wrinkled, hardily hewn, while some might find this fine, a lot of humans might not.

Not that guy but

I dunno man, if she had some hair, I'd probably take her down to Poundtown

Hell, perhaps hybrids of races are actually the uncommon result from a inter-species child. Hybrids would generally be infertile as well anyways, and the fetus might not survive gestation without having a large amount of traits in common with their mother.

No accounting for taste I suppose.

They have the same basic facial structure. They both have the same prominent cheekbones, straight nose and relatively full lips. Left has a squarer jawline but that could very well just be the angle. I don't see any wrinkles beyond those on the forhead, and those are clearly frown lines. Her appearance isn't anything out of the range of what normal humans already fuck. If they were human they could even be of the same ethnicity, disregarding skin color.

I mean there's far uglier orc female art out there, it just perplexes me why you chose one that wasn't even a butterface

>Also, as a general rule, if a race would rape another, they probably find that race attractive enough in the first place to put some effort forth in other ways.
Rape is a funny thing. Attraction doesn't have to be involved at all, it's entirely the act of dominance that gets some people off. Prison rape wouldn't be nearly as big a thing if physical attraction was a requirement.

We need more orclings.
Halfling + Orc.

>elf anything
>wholesome
We all know they're all filthy little cockmonglers

I'm not sure a halfling could survive the mating. But here, have an orc child you can pretend is an orcling

Personally the people who make them mules seem to do it for fetish reasons, like the guy above who had people keeping around a member of another race just to breed workhorses with.

I think it's because of idiots sharing the views Gaider had. Basically, he thought anyone who wanted to fuck a dwarf must have been a pedo. If one idiot has that kind of view, I imagine many idiots do.

Really, it's pretty easy if you remove the default alignment-driven robot assumption about all "non-pretty" races.

In a cosmopolitan city, where exotic races gather, that gives a huge chance for compatible minds or even just fetish fuel to work.

On the frontier regions, being a good neighbor can open a lot of doors.

Hell, beyond Eberron, which wholeheartedly embraces these ideas, even Forgotten Realms does it. There's a region in the North called Thesk where a Thayan army of orcs were instrumental in protecting the locals from another army; when the Thayans left their monstrous minions behind, their new neighbors integrated them. The Theskian stereotype of the half-orc is of a gruff but loyal and hard-working rancher and a damn good neighbor. Whilst it was a thing, Many-Arrows led to lots of half-orc tribes - hell, one of the Drizzt novels set after its founding has a scene where a female orc is preparing for her wedding with a human man, and she makes it very clear they both love each other.

And, personally, making race-mixing really restricted or produce only sterile mules just makes me roll my eyes. D&D's roots lie in stories where the most improbable things have sex and make children. I see no reason why not to embrace that tradition in my D&D games.

Besides, I like the idea of half-dwarves, half-goblins make a lot of sense, and the idea that most "human draconic sorcerers" actually trace their draconic roots to kobolds rather than full-blooded dragons is hilarious.

>implying kobolds are in any way actually dragon-blooded
Disgusting

There are no half-elves in my games because humans and elves don't share the same environment at all and elves are secretive as heck. But there are half-orcs, plenty of them, because orc and human tribes live in the same habitat, and are as likely to be enemies as to be allies. So some might result from rape, but a lot don't.
Other more monstruous hybrids can be a result of rape, but not always. Sometimes, I don't know, wooing a giant - and surviving- is seen as a display of skill greater than slaying them.
Plus there's curiosity. I'm pretty sure if we, humans, found another species with our degree of intelligence, at least some of us would try to bone them, whatever they look like. Even if they looked like starfish aliens.

No one at TSR, WotC, Hasbro or Paizo ever let me edit, so I have to correct their mistakes. They left in the crappy version of Vance's magic that G&A hacked up back when Nixon was in office, plus a number of other glaring errors. Do not bow to false god wannabees that get to screw up game systems because of corporate lackies that DO NOT PLAY.

>implying it was rape

Lol how can small dick human bois compete.

Someone is upset that human women enjoy being GREEN'D

kek

So you do the elder scrolls thing

Remove the non-human half from the playable races and redefine the half-races as just humans effected by some sort of spiritual or corrupting force connected to those races.

I don't understand how people can say nobody would fuck an orc. You got big pot bellied biker dudes getting pussy.

Orcs are big, strong, confident. Imagine some girl with loose morals and daddy issues runs into some pushy orc adventurer at the taven she likes to hang out with that makes her dad angry

For my character I didn't use rape, but it's not like there isn't a weirdish element to it

Dad(Fred) was a Human soldier returning from battle, Mom(Mazon) was an Orc mercenary celebrating the completion of a contract at a pub. Sufficiently drunk and looking for a fight, Mazon starts talking mad shit about Fred's larger squadmate hoping to beat the crap out of him and take his wallet. However shit doesn't go as planned and Fred ends up fighting with her instead; they manage to knock each other out and spend the night in the drunk tanks. Fred uses the pay he'd saved up + a small loan to buy a horse and covered wagon to make his new living. Later that night he found out Mazon snuck aboard, her reasoning being that she "...lives here now". They got married a few days later.

>inb4 great blog m8

He says posting a rugged man-orc with the sultry stare of a long untouched sailor

Men in real life put their dicks inside of dogs, horses, negros, and fat chicks.

>half-orc
>orcs are barbarian nomads
>they plunder, pillage, rape
this is the best explanation

I think you're unnecessarily assuming the halfling is the woman.

Half-anythings are infertile, much like mules.
This leads to them being quite rare (as people avoid getting into relationships where they know they will never get grandchildren) and leads to half-anythings generally feeling pretty left out of the world; something that might lead them to a more adventerous life.

Half elves can't settle down and have kids, so they're always gonna be kinda wild cards.

It also leads to loads of juicy "forbidden love" kinda things.

humans and orcs both exist in tribes in the middle of nowhere.
intermarriage is fairly common
half-ogres come from the same places, but most are actually the child of a half-orc and ogre, not a full-blooded human

I'm planning to go more mythological with my next campaign, and so Half-Races tend to be more in the vein of spiritually influenced births, though consorting directly with these spirits can also bring them about.

If you ritualistically marry the spirit of the forest as a priestess, you will be visited by it and bear a child from it, statistically they would be a Half-Elf.

Alternatively, if you as a mother are abused or are abusive, and harbor hate in your heart, this hate and anger will mark your child. The birth will be a violent one, your child doubly so. Statistically they would be a Half-Orc.

>assuming fucking an orc woman isn't a harrowing, near fatal experience

You say this, when we live in a world were real life animal fucking furries exist. And have existed for so long that their extreme sexual deviances have led to the creation of myths such as the Minotaur and Centaur.

There are humans who happily take horse dick up the ass.

But dwarf race mixing is canon, isn't it? That's where the Dreurgar come from. The Ilithids took dwarf slaves and mixed them with Drow, then continued breeding them until they were the perfect slave/snack. That's why they all have grey skin, just like any other half Drow, and they are all bald, so the Ilithids don't have to pick hair out of their teeth/tentacles after feeding.

Speak for yourself, asshole.

Deurgar are dwarves that made infernal pacts. They have no connection with drow beyond sharing the same living space

Hey man, you need to remember that Dragons fuck, and thus impregnate, EVERYTHING. Even kobolds.

No, individual Dreurgar do make infernal pacts, but the race as a whole are descended from slaves that were bred to have psionic abilities by the Ilithids. This is fucking canon, dipshit.

Depends on edition. Derro were supposed to be human/dwarf hybrids back in AD&D 2e, and in the same edition, in Forgotten Realms, it was stated that most dwarven men married human, halfling and gnome women, to counteract the fact that A: only 40% of the population was female and B: 55% of the total dwarf population across both sexes was infertile.