warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13087618
youtu.be/zNLGXJVpZhE?t=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST FOR LAND RAIDER DRIFTING

Voidravens are seriously expensive, but that 72" bombing run tho...

I really hate how convoluted these points systems are now. I've built and checked my list over 4 times now and I'm still finding errors.

There's a ton of typos/missing entries/wrong values plastered through these books, too. At least for tyranids.

Maybe the complexity was in part made to push an upcoming list builder app? I might just give in and go to power levels now...

Soon to be the most annoying unit of 8th edition

Necros are now the new WAAC-fag toy

>Black Knights are 50 pts per instead of 40
>14" range with 18" plasma that doesn't have to Get Hot
>Cover isn't its own save, so now they can have a 2+
BUT
>Jink isn't re-rollable, and is now a 5++, why even bother if they have to be shot with a Plasma Cannon before it's even advantageous?
>Darkshroud now costs 128 pts per instead of 95
>Icon doesn't add to any save, instead detracts from enemy hit rolls. Meaning MEQs hit on 4+
>Doesn't protect itself any more
>instead of FnP, Ravenwing Apothecaries are Techmarines for meat, and cost 97 pts per instead of 70. And are also a separate Elites choice.
>Plasma talons are Assault 2 instead of Rapid Fire

How will (You) generate psychic powers, and other random effects like DE combat drugs, in 8th edition?

strawpoll.me/13087618

36 points each including the gun

Had a few hours breaking down the changes in the DE index to see what's been buffed and what's been nerfed making like for like lists on paper and 7th ed Battlescribe.

I'm struggling to determine why you'd take Hellions over Reavers ever still or what roll Hellions are meant to play. Anyone help me out?
Stats I was using to compare

5× Hellions 85 (92)
Stun claw 7
10 poison shots at 18"
11 attacks on the charge
+1 wound per 6 rolled by heliarch
5 wound squad
14" movement and [Hit and Run]

3× Reavers 90 (124)
Grav Talon 5, Heat Lance 25, Agoniser 4
2 (4 in rapidfire) poison shots at 24"
1 heat Lance shot
7 attacks on the charge
4+ roll for mortal wounds on any model within 1" of grav talon
6 wounds total
16" movement

It's because you are playing an NPC army

>drop anything with a Heat Lance/Melta next to it
>deletes then unit in a single turn of shooting
lmao

>attacks on the charge

You do realize you no longer get an attack for charging right ?

I guess maybe GW thought that the points costs would only be used by hardcore tournament players, and so it's okay to expect those sort of people to crunch numbers. It sounds like everyone's ignoring power levels and using points, however.

Yeah bad habit, I just mean the profiles have that many attacks

Fish of Fury is back!

Do we know what the first codex will be? I'm assuming Primaris.

>Aspiring Champions with double bolt pistols are a thing now

Woods - Get cover when the entire unit is inside
Ruins - Get cover when the unit is inside
Crater - A model gets cover if it is inside

How many people are writing these rules?

So many fucking typos. "Supa rokkit" vs "Super rokkit". What the fuck Gdubs.

Who is GW trying to fool with these Space Marinelet heroes (can manlets be heroes)? Who would even pick these up if they weren't a Japan only release with the Primaris Marines on the way?

Which chapters make heavy use of terminators and dreadnoughts? I would prefer no special snowflakes

Primaris
Nurgle
Primaris
Nurgle
Primaris
Newish faction
Primaris
Partially new faction
Nurgle
Primaris

that's cause power level is kinda dumb for anything but narrative play where you agree on a scenario beforehand and build your army accordingly
marines are cheaper than fucking scouts

Did you mix up Hellions and Reavers? Because that comparison makes Hellions look better.

However Reavers are more tanky, with a better toughness and save. Being multiwound models they are also less vulnerable to morale. They can also move 24" in a turn.

Remember, kids! By naming the Sept faction keyword , and the Craftworld keyword , they now share a faction keyword and can ally as separate detachments!

How is Plasma Talons being Assault 2 a downside? How is having a straight-up 5++ bad when *everybody else* has no link at all? And the Icon still works on itself.

NICE MEME!

Reavers have 2 roles for me now
>Fast, tough unit to intercept a charge and tie something up for a bit
>Character/TEQ hunters

So has GW issued a formal statement about their whole ruleset getting leaked and everyone fucking hating it?

You're being very cute, user.

White Scars

nothing yet, and dont expect anything

they want to pretend nothing is on fire

Hey can anyone tell me where the datasheet for the thousand sons Exalted Sorcerers are leaked?

>hating it

You might be in the minority there, son. All 20 of the guys in my area are stoked about this release. Its brought 2 old players out of the dark since the rules were leaked.

Even our tau players are happy with the balances.

They did say theyll be updating with codexes... and what a sad day it is when i want to go back to codex creep because at least then things were somewhat balanced.

Not everyone hates it, user. Just a minority.

im just shocked that people have been this stupid and believing theyd get functioning armies

If AoS has shown anything, going by people's first reaction would be a dumb thing anyway, let alone knee-jerk reactions of internet nerds that do nothing but shout about doom & gloom.

The fag from the last thread.
Cry even harder, mr Deathstar.

well i dont hate it but im pretty disappointed, its quite obvious they didnt playtest enough based on the games ive played. there are SO many ways to abuse the rules.

does everyone hate it?

I haven't been checking this shit lately. how do you qualify "everyone hates it"? is it causing massive butthurt on facebook and dakkadakka etc. or something?

So how's the timeline looking?
Lacking some ork interaction, I haven't really followed The Gathering Storm too closely.
But Rowman woke up at 5 min before midnight and some shit went down before that huge warp storm emerged, right?

At what point in time were the primaris marines manufactured?
was Cawl working on them the whole time in secret? Or did they just finish them after Rowboat woke up and now that they've brought them out some few ten to hundred years have passed since The Gathering Storm?

>everyone
>not just a couple of loud morons that fail to realize that all armies have changed

AoS has gotten better, but people's first reaction to it was absolutely correct.

Narrative play my ass!

aos was dead for a year until they released all the tomes and the handbook.
so i guess we wait a year to play? great idea, so much fun will be had!

I feel like they tried way too hard to appeal to a casual crowd they'll never have?
"Oh who would ever take time to do all that math? Who is that patient? Certainly not our players, who had to paint, build, detail and assemble tiny plastic men that cost two arms and two legs!"

Speaking of casual, though, whatever happened to those kid-friendly pre-primed models they said they were going to push? I never heard and more on them, and never saw any except a tac marine and chaos marine box.

AoS killed fantasy. Not sure if thats a knee jerk reaction so much as rigor mortis.

>t. man who wasn't around for third edition

Of course we are. Power levels are mathematically provably fucking broken. Even more so than the god awful points values.

>was Cawl working on them the whole time in secret?

Yes

Rawbooty told him to wake them.

No, but some people have declared everything broken and beyond salvageable, like how Tau are now unplayable as a faction and how Berserkers are the worst unit of all armies. You know, reasonable assessments after glancing at the rules once.

>Even our tau players are happy with the balances.

What a crock of shit. Tau players are losing their minds. Have you seen Advanced Tau Tactica? It's like they have regressed tot he Mont'au. Sad!

Oh yeah, that guy who said they were dead as a faction.

And who the fuck said that about Berserkers, I'm sad I missed the sperging.

Some sites have banned discussion of it because the reaction has, in some communities, been so bad GW was complaining it was causing bad press for them i.e. warseer.

GW is afraid that knowing things about their product will make people not want to buy it. Think about that for a second.

AoS was played in that year as well, quite a lot in fact, it was just that the GHB fixed the one glaring issue by getting rid of all the fan-made balance systems and introducing an official one.

Proofs?

Have you not seen the people saying theyre burning their armies?

well thats dumb.
They have removed all artifacts, spells, faction rules and supplement units/rules, and all formations of course.
This edition was created when AoS was created, this has been the plan all along. Make a game for any casuals so they can have higher turnover with starter packs and then sell a shitload of extra codexes and supplements that they earlier could only sell once every few years.
Now its gonna be a yearly thing because "balance".
And the shit-turds are just gonna gobble it all up.

Heres the thing about a website deleting everything and banning further discussion... it doesnt leave much proof.

I have serious trouble believing that.

No, proof that GW told them to. Someone would have proof of that.

pretending that Aos was well received is delusional. its taken so much PR money to get back the money they lost on that release theyre probably still paying for it.

I think GW is more concerned with the fact that if everyone has already all the rules and can print them as many times as they want nobody would ever buy their rulebooks or indexes.

They seem rather proportionate though

>And the shit-turds are just gonna gobble it all up

Sure am! This edition looks great.

Also, shit-turds, really? What a redundant insult.

If every army is nerfed then is anyone actually nerfed?

What are the auto include tyranid units?

Biovores, exocrine, OOE, hive tyrants w/guard, lictors, carnifex, wariors and what else?
How to equip them?

Warhammer Community just released a video showing the design process and interviews with the writing staff for 8th ed.

youtu.be/zNLGXJVpZhE?t=10

Anybody know of any good 40k podcasts, just getting back in.

ohno someone enjoying a less involving and interesting game! Ohmy is my face red now

got me

>because at least then things were somewhat balanced.
>somewhat balanced.
>balanced.
>BALANCED

B A L A N C E D

So with the new weapon rules, if an Aspiring Champion replaces his bolt pistol with a second bolter or a combi, doesn't that mean he gets to fire both bolters each shooting phase? So long as it's not a pistol or a grenade, a model is said to be able to fire all of its guns.

It's like getting a free storm bolter, since bolters are free.

>i can no longer buy 3 wraitknights and have my whole army list for the next 4 years
>woe is me this game is crap now

Stupid question about making army list, do you have to pay for the wargear the base model is equipped with?
Pic related, would it cost 150 points or 192 points?

Necrons were grossly buffed, so the premise doesn't really work.

Is this by weeks or by months. I just want Morty

Yeah, let that be a lesson, user.

Whatever, I'll just deepstrike my guys from behind since they no longer scatter.

so these are the people who complain about the new ruleset

Yes. For matched play, the basic cost of a model is without weapons. You have to add in the weapons on the profile.

You have to pay. It's the same deal with IG vehicles coming with HBolters, or Deldar raiders coming with dis cannons.

If a unit's cost includes its wargear, it will say so on the points sheet (like Assassins do). Most, however, will say "without wargear."

In general, yes.
You pay the points for the base model.
You look at what gear it is equipped with.
You look at the point costs of said gear.
You pay for that.

ssentially this. Note like that, barring legitimate complaints like "the blast rules do not represent a large blast correctly, the math is wonky" or "this is slightly overpriced", the biggst complainr ar th netlisters.
See this faggot. MUH SAVES Fuck them, honestly.

>This edition was created when AoS was created,
Source: My Ass

192 points
it clrealy states (wargear not included) at the top of the point costs , the occasional exception being named characters but those are in a diffrent tab

This is one of the stupider design choices I've seen, and I teach design at a school where the kids take my class to avoid doing gym.

Can't do that, the AC loses both the pistol and bolter if he wants special equipment.

yes, if theres not a "instead of" or "replace" text in the wargear text you will have both and can shoot both

The cognitive dissonance is strong.
I am curious, user, which army did/do you play?

Okay.

Well, that's incredibly fiddly... Thanks

fuckin got em

Hive guard with impaler cannons look pretty good too.

can someone clarify: are commander aura affect commander himself?

>implying guard weren't also insanely buffed

Hope you're ready to see 250 conscripts on the table, each 50 man blob with a commisar, and getting frf,srf orders every turn to literally rape baneblades, imperial knights, and land raiders
And that's just half of their army.

Is any of your kids a GW game designer, by chance?