These people are pathetic

belloflostsouls.net/2017/06/40k-8th-edition-5-early-takeaways.html

>"The Sameness of Units is a Feature – not a bug, Get ready for the general homogenous-ness of all units in the game!"

>"The grand unified stat-lines and the updated toughness/strength chart means the game is going to feel closer to a tabletop version of Dawn of War."

>"Apocalypse games are also known for their incredible number of casualties, with only the dregs of both armies still slugging it out in the final turns. I think 8th will have this vibe."

These are actual quotes from the article attempting to defend 8th edition, the kiddyfied cash grab after multiple editions of kiddyfication and cash grabbing.

Please god let this be the last edition of 40k so we can finally keep these people out of wargaming and alone playing "vidya" where they belong.

I wanted a picture with actual gore but there are rules...

Not until 40fags know the pain of their game wiped away and replaced with ass-cancer will we have any mutual ground to stand on.
You chose to keep supporting GW, now sleep on the bed you made.

Are those the kids of some of the employees or something? Why do they keep using them?

>>"The grand unified stat-lines and the updated toughness/strength chart means the game is going to feel closer to a tabletop version of Dawn of War."
Yeah because last Dawn of War was such a good game

They used them for exactly one photoshoot.

This place is already engulfed in the memes that are born out of the video games. Veeky Forums has no right to complain.

I want the immature scum stay quarantined in the GW marketing bubble, and away from my classy appreciated-GW-for-a-time-but-opened-up-to-alternatives crowd.

>These are actual quotes from the article attempting to defend 8th edition, the kiddyfied cash grab after multiple editions of kiddyfication and cash grabbing.
40k is a children's game. It doesn't matter if you're a manchild, the game isn't marketed towards you.

>You have to assemble and paint your own 28mm figs
>kids game

Okay I guess.

>You have to assemble and paint your own 28mm figs
wow, you glued some pieces together and edge highlighted, only a sophisticated and mature individual could accomplish that

Who else finds the AoS and Numarine aesthetic pleasing?
Also they can just have dad do it.

Of all they shit you could have said, you went for the dumbest.
Shit man, kids do have hands, and you don't have to be good at it anyway.

I did that as a kid. Now that I am no longer one I have moved on to different games.

The way photoshoots work is you hire someone and take a metric ton of pictures with them. Doing more than one shoot is more expensive than doing tons of pictures in one shoot.

The reason it's a white girl and black guy (as is expected of the media) is because the parents of those sorts are much more likely to push their kids into sources of easy money, chances are that black boy's parents are gentrified black people or he's adopted for example.

If you don't like 40k, why do you care ifnpeople who like 40k play it? I mean, in the grand scale, if all of these "kiddies" you hate are playing a game you hate, doesn't that mean they aren't playing the game or games you do play, therefore is doesn't matter whether or not 40k is around?

In just don't get where you are coming from, man.

becuase if I invested money in to w40k stuff, then I want GW to make a game using the stuff I paid for that is fun to play, and not fun to play if you play marines/eldar, because they update them over and over again.

I mean have you see the summer stuff? Buy more, paint more, influence w40k world.. great right? only chaos has old models for most of their stuff, and 1ksons and DG are fringe factions. On the other hand marines are getting their actual codex in the 2ed week of the campaign. I wonder who is going to win

>if I invested money
You did not invest anything. You spent money. On a hobby. If that hobby does not live up to your expectations then that is your very personal loss. Either look for a different hobby or continue to lose.

Cry me a river, my tau are no longer a viable faction anymore.

whiny faggot. You just have to learn to play them instead of spamming undercoated units.

I bet codices will be all broken all over again because GW will need to pander to all these pieces of shit

>learn to play
Fuck off I'm not buying marines or more stormsurges.

Oh no how sad for you. Now you know what it's like to be an ork or tyranid player.

is not what I was implying.
I played against tau since 3rd, riptides arrived in 6th.
The people in my group managed to b competitive even without the Fish.
Gee I do wonder how they did it. Perhaps they learned to play the army and synergize the units..

When you get out of bed in the morning, do you just gulp down a full bottle of vinegar?

Who devastated your anus, user?

>Visiting Bell of Lost Cucks
>Ever

Markerlights ain't worth shit, and combined arms with a squishy unit just so my bloated and useless riptide can hit on a coinflip? How fair.
Oh and plasma rifles have no ap so there's no point in massing them.
It's shit, all of it. Can only play against other people that also want to pillow fight with fluffy armies instead of playing a game proper.
But this is okay because it's not your force.

This might shock you, but before the Age of Tablets, model building was a very popular pastime for children.

In all fairness, the current sameness isn't something that should be used against the edition.
3rd had the same problem at first.
Wait until they release the codices, then if it's still bland and flavorless with them we've got a trend.
The fact that they're charging us for these temporary rules is another story entirely and yet another cashgrab from good old GW

I like 40k when it's good. Problem is it's getting harder and harder to find people to play 4e, since that was a decade ago, but that was the last time the game was good. I'm going to try 8th, it can't be as bad as 6th was, but hopes are low.

I know that new Tau players haven't had to play without a high tier codex for a while, but you'll figure it out. You're not Orknid-in-7th bad. Hell, I doubt you're even Tyranids after crud in 5th bad.

nice. my csm haven't been viable since 3ed, what I have been told, because I haven't played in 3ed. On the other hand both GW and their store dudes always kept telling "there is going to be an update" "stuff will get better" "buy this and it will work fine". I bought every book and expansion they made for chaos since the 4th ed codex, and they were never good. On the other hand tau players had good fun for 4-5 years right?
I mean the fuckers made a legion book, I started buying models for it and 6months later it is no longer legal.
there must be a different definition of spending in your country. Because where I live, if I spend money, I expect something good for it. We do not throw out money out of the window.

40kids really are the whiniest demographic in traditional games.
Is there even a single subdemographic of them that isn't currently complaining that they got nerfed into irrelevancy? It seems like they are rotating through three topics at the moment

>Manletmarines
>MY FACTION SUCKS NOW
>Geedubs applied a new paintjob, removed a horn and stuck a pennant on top, so it's the worst edition yet!

>wierd /pol/ talk about gentrification and kids photos
>Salty immature asshurt about much needed rules over haul
>Muh sekrit clubs
>Normies get out reee

Is this the worst thread on /the/ right now? I think so. Y'all niggas is some charicatures

>Because where I live, if I spend money, I expect something good for it. We do not throw out money out of the window.
Why the fuck do you play GW games then? Did you go on Veeky Forums, read all those threads relentlessly shitting on GW and 40k and think "Why, yes, THIS is a sound way to invest my money"?

Its pretty great actually

I had no internet when I started to play. I started it because everyone else was starting.the thing is out of 4 of my friends and me.They picked marines, eldar and eldar, and I was left with the option of starting either metal GKs, and even I knew they were shit with 0 xp in playing table tops and chaos, which was suppose to be updated to be good soon as everyone at the store was telling me. And after 2 years of buying stuff and trying to make chaos work in 5th ed, I had a ton of stuff and 0 fun. So later I just bought the rule books and few models like the drake or spawn. But even when it was the high day of drakes, I had no fun, because my store put a limit of 1 flyer per army to make it "balanced for other armies".

>niggers and grills playing faulty k ever.

w e w

So why did you keep buying if you had no fun? Are you the totem animal of Veeky Forums or something?

>Because where I live, if I spend money, I expect something good for it
and you got the minis.

GW are under no obligation to meet your standards of entertainment.

Isn't that why people play hours heresy?

>GW are under no obligation to meet your standards of entertainment.
It doesn't, and that's why I'll just continue to not give a fuck about GW and their games.

>get the rules for 4 armies for half the price of a codex
>"MONEY GRUBBING GW REEEEEE"

Christ, do you ever get tired of forcing yourself to cry over nothing?

Wtf are you talking about it was great

Because I expected that if a company makes stuff that costs that much, they do not want their game to die, and people stop buying their stuff. And that they will fix their shit. And I almost thought they were going to do it. Give legion rules to chaos, then nerf marines/tau/eldar in 8th. But they did exactly the opposit, they removed the characterful stuff from chaos, made it so that you more or less have to play demons and marines. And am sure the first updated books for 8th are going to be marines. Probably followed by the chad marines or eldar.

yeah, and what about the rules that didn't work, that you have to buy to play the game. That is like selling someone a car, that has an engine that explodes after 10m and saying that you bought the car, so be happy.

>temporary betatest rules you have to pay for until the codexes are released
Good goy, keep defending GW.

If kids dont play 40k the hobby will die out after all the rogue trader era grognards die of obesity

It was this or let people sit in the lurch with literally unplayable armies for months or years on end. There's no way every army could get a simultaneous full codex release in a game this size.

Kids will use them for AoS, which means 40k will go through its own massive end of the universe and gets reimagined as part of AoS where the emperor is a fieldable model due to the lack of sales.
Eventually everything will go back to square bases for the ever larger models until GW just sells space marine action figures with the occasional xenos big bad.

It's hilarious you say that because it used to be just like that.

At least in AoS, Fantasy Battle factions got free rules :I

>"The Sameness of Units is a Feature – not a bug, Get ready for the general homogenous-ness of all units in the game!"
I'm still holding out hope that the codices will add flavor. But I'm probably just setting myself up for disappointment.

Welcome the the world of most of other armies.
But GW will listen to you crybabies anyway, you will have a broken codex and this edition will go to shit in 1 year max.

What's wrong with simpler rules? It isnt like previous edition rules had any depth or offered tactical and clever options. It was just a bloated unbalanced mess that caused nothi g but problems.

Dude everyone started warhams as a kid wtf.

In WHFB for Ravening Hordes in 6th edition.
RH was very good, too, and even simpler than what we got this time.
But whiners gonna whine.
>b-but shill
No, the designers are hack, there are clear problems and I think we will get unbalancing codices very soon, but the amount of stuff we got at once is huge, people have to understand this.

40k circa 3rd edition isn't remotely comparable to the size of the game today. Don't be obtuse.

You got what you paid for, too.

I'll kill myself if it doesn't happen
I'll kill myself if this happen

Thank god fat bloke saved and extracted most of the nottingham crew.

tfw the rules will get even more dunce than 8th and you will see pre painted gw models in your lifetime

>multiple editions of kiddyfication

I'm sorry, what the hell are you on about?

GW EARLY ACCESS

THANKS GABEN

The rules aren't actually simpler by a long shot. I don't know why people are perpetuating this meme, it's just the same thing GW has done since third edition: Take the old ruleset, shake a few things up, introduce one major change, presto, new edition. It's still mostly 3rd Edition at heart and for every streamlined rule, there's one new thing that complicates something.

I paid for Fantasy, not AoS. So no I didn't get what I paid for.

everything after 2nd has been gradual iterations of dumbing down

>Universal Special Rules out are
>We're just going to call Feel No Pain 50 different things!
>Simpler!

>only a sophisticated and mature individual could accomplish that

Has 40k ever been "sophisticated"? Really?

Sure sounds like OP would be better enjoy a long evening spent arguing through the Bolt Action rulebook with a glass of wine.

Love the new marines. Stats and minis. Really should have been simply that. The new marine rules and sculpts. The rules suit the fluff and the size suits the fluff. Ever since 40k moved beyond a skirmish game in 3rd, marines should have the primaris stats.

The primaris fluff though is a joke. The timeline progression has been hamfisted and inconsequential.

Yoda stop playing 40k.

I never said I play current 40k, in fact I implied that I didnt when I said I hope it collapses and stops bringing in low IQ shitstains into wargaming. The fact that you cant read suggests you might be one of them, lol.

>tfw not enough tall tin models or friends to play Kriegspiel or Little wars with as we get drunk and start flinging old insults at each other

You would make a dreadful parent.
I sincerely hope you never have children so that you don't inflict your moronic assumptions about how talentless and unimaginative they are upon them.

>bolt action
>his idea of sophisticated

hahaha

Wait, so let me get this straight:

You bought some plastic miniatures in 1998 and now you're arbitrarily butthurt because of a long-overdue refreshing update 19 years later?

That doesn't even begin to make the least bit of sense.

a) the fucking rules aren't even out yet
b) shouldn't you be LOOKING FORWARD to a huge reboot? If you'd spent any time paying attention to AoS you would know that GW adopted community-made tournament systems and rules for the Generals Handbook. They've done a fantastic job of listening to the players and using their feedback in the design of the game.
c) fuck you and the pocket money you spent 19 years ago, you aren't entitled to SHIT.

Seriously, go watch Naruto or something.

>Universal Special Rules out are
This alone should be a giant red flag flying in the face of anyone thinking 8th Edition is "simpler" or sleeker to play.

>I'll just continue to not give a fuck about GW and their games

...Clearly

>refreshing
>looking forward to AoS rules
Oi vey.

Make me, why don't you hmmmm?

Then why the AoS comparison you colossal faggots?

ah you got me! Well done buddy.

Anyway, care to explain what you define as a sophisticated and swanky wargame that you'd prefer everyone else to play?

Because 8th is AoS in space.
Fitting since before it played like Fantasy in space.

Abandon thread, obvious waste of time.

Nothing to see here except bait.

Out of curiosity, what age did everyone get into 40k and fantasy?

I was like 11 or 12

fantasy at the same age, stopped after 2 years and now doing 40K for about 3 years

>rules
literally just scenarios
The actual rules are the same shit as before

20ish I think, had been faintly aware of it but didn't get into it for a while, been on the train ever since

>b-but I wanted everything now
well guess what? You're a moron. There was literally 0% chance of getting every 'full' codex at release. Not with this short a delay. Like every product of every company ever, if you want to be cost-efficient AND somewhat fast, you have to sacrifice quality. If you don't reach balance between those 3 elements (quality, cost, delivery), I hope you're a billionaire because your product will cost a shit-ton, your project will fail and your company will die.
>b-but they could have waited longer to release everything, I would have waited for better quality because I'm that smart
Well, you aren't their only customer faggot, and in case you didn't notice, people are less and less patient in the era of instant communication and 2-day-delivery-from-China. The way people begged for leaks is another proof of that if anything. And even if everyone was okay to wait for even more content: how do you convince the shareholders to pay everyone and invest in a project that returns NOTHING for YEARS, and won't return more than the current shit you do? Pro-tip: ur a faget seriously do I have to tell what the tip is? YOU FUCKING CAN'T

and how is it a good thing? Can't you see this was a problem, and the solution they bring there answer to this problem?

This guy is right. They can still fuck it up, but man did we have a shitload of content in one go.

18. Though I was aware of it for far longer when I found Dawn of War on my cousin's computer.

I guess around 16-17

>writes wall text butthurt reply to some stuff OP didnt say

What the fuck are you on about?

Both around 12.

BA has kinda a consistency and balance.

I mean it's like KoW to WHFB.

2 years for me.

copy of 40K 2 editions ago that was slightly modified?

Fuck, I've been saying this since the beginning, and it's proven true. Even in the same damn army; Haruspex and Swarmlord both have the same rule where if they die they can cause mortal wounds within 3", but one is called Death Throes and the other Monstrous Death. Fucking hell.

>But user, without USRs, you only have to worry about your own rules!
I already only have to worry about my own rules. I didn't know what Crusader did until I played someone else who had it. Didn't know the exact operation of outflank until I got something with it. All 8th does is make it harder for you to know everything about enemy armies unless you buy their books, because it's no longer as simple as "this unit causes rending."

Yep exactly.

came here to post this

about 15

>Alright my guy rolled a 6 triggering gratuitous tearing
>What?
>Extra AP on a 6
>Oh, exactly like my Armor Annihilation special rule!
>If only there was some way not to have to come up with a new name for the exact same rule! Nah, that'd be complicated compared to this efficient system.

6th grade.
I miss the old site with the cool scenarios such as dwarves vs ogres.

I would like you could take 1 troop choices and SEVEN HQs by taking a Supreme command detachment and a patrol detachment. This is possible, yes?

>Please god let this be the last edition of 40k
Amen.

>being this far into denial
Yea it's a Fucking kids game. You are literally playing with little plastic toy soldiers.

>a solution is to make people pay for the beta
Did you know that every other company gives those out for free?
Because it's not even a finished product, just a stopgap measure that are invalidated once the actual army books come out.
But no, we should be glad to give even more money to GW.