/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

Afterlife Edition.

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q
>>Chuck's Eclipse Phase Wiki
eclipse-phase.wikispaces.com/

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip
>>Second Edition Playtest rules
drivethrurpg.com/product/211293?

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>Pastebin containing community content
pastebin.com/z0ZNvYeA

I hope /epg/ won't die again.

Really, why I must revive /epg/? OP-guy, where are you?

Is there anyone alive?

where is more playtest???

Over the weekend, probably. Supposedly there are significant edits based on feedback which has slowed things down a little. One thing confirmed is that "no defaulting" will be removed.

Waiting for something significant to happen.

What kind of idea were they trying to convey when they were choosing this ugly placeholder cover? They could have at least used the old one.

Well, this is the actual 2E placeholder. The player's guide is maybe trying for more "every day" look - but who knows about the final result.

>One thing confirmed is that "no defaulting" will be removed.
Wait what? Why? As someone who tried to learn programming several times I know for damn sure it's esoteric as fuck.

I think with the shortened skill list and changed rules for defaulting it was just a strange difference between skills you take a very minor penalty to default with, and skills where you just can't at all.

How easy would it be to convert the setting to a pseudo science fantasy setting, kind of like Destiny?

taking certain mechanics here and there maybe but the game as a whole as it stands? No. Especially sense things like ego and your body as two seperate things wouldn't mesh well with a setting like destiny and being revived by your ghost doesn't have the implications that you are simply forked with all your most recent memories and re-made. You're better off using something like Fate or custom building a system.

Yeah, with only two skills left which people found debatably complex to no default to it felt like a bit of an artifact. Most of the old no defaulting skills got lumped into fields now so it would have made a lot of rules subset-ing to make them also no default.

I think the basics of dice could work (then again that's every RPG ever) as long as you're using 1st ed rules. Combat wouldn't be to hard either. Other than that, economics, forking, etc won't work.

Also KYS, Destiny Fag.

It would be a much better fit for Borderlands in my opinion.

So is the weird helmeted bouncer anybody in particular? He's on both covers.

This is why no new /epg/ btw, people don't want to talk about anything.

Well he's pretty unlucky, but I don't think there's anything else there.

>pseudo science fantasy
It already is energy density REEEEEE

less autistically it wouldn't be all that hard, though if resleeving or radical body augmentations aren't a thing reworking the attributes to be more obviously physical would probably be a good idea, and not all that hard.

Stop this. It's pathetic.

Let the general die with dignity.

Yeah, I don't think there's much to talk about until there's enough 2e stuff to actually play

I don't think that we need 2e to talk about EP world.