>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13087891
youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really don't like the Thousand Sons changes and not even really from a balance perspective.
I don't want melee beatsticks or mortal wound dispensers, I want lots of sorcerers casting crazy spells that do interesting things.
I wanted the Aspiring Sorcerer to be more like the 7th ed Scarab Ocult Sorcerer not the other way around.

It also really sucks that tiggy got to keep his flavor rules but Ahriman and Magnus didn't.

Points for discussion.

strawpoll.me/13087891

Remember to vote here.

So what is the top 5 worst units of 8th atm?

>guardians
>12" assault 2 s4 ap- d1, wound rolls of 6 make it ap-3
>can include a heavy weapon platform that can take any heavy weapon
>8 points a head, 13 for the platform

>dire avengers
>18" weps, rest same as guardians
>overwatch on 5+
>exarch can take some lackluster melee options or an extra shuriken catapult
>cannot take a heavy weapon platform
>17 goddamn points a head

>same statline except dire avengers have 1 better LD and SV

Are Dire Avengers dead?

Remember, kids! By naming the Sept faction keyword , and the Craftworld faction keyword , they now share a faction keyword and can ally as separate detachments!

Delete this

Can't assault flyers with the airborne rule unless they hover or you have fly as well

He ran away

Ollanius pius ok praise emperor

Brother adamant cleverly lured the orks into close combat to demonstrate the superiority of armored vehicles

Can't end movement within 1" of an enemy without charging

everything with "fly" can

Stormboyz actually do have fly.

Flyers can occupy the same space as enemy models without counting as being within 1" for combat purposes.

There isn't a limit on the assassins it seems. Does that mean we will start to see multiple vindicares to take out characters?

Stormboyz can assault flyers now. Stormboyz can carry Power Klaws. Let that sink in.

Also, any flyer without "airborne" or equivalent can be assaulted. Which is a lot of them apparently.

Doesn't Big Bobby G have more than 10 wounds?

Alternatively, WHY doesn't Big Bobby G have more than 10 wounds?

My joints all ache how am I supposed to paint like this?

Yep. Guard armies are going to be taking so many snipers for counter-sniping.

That sounds great, didn't this literally happen in Space Marine with Valkyries and storm boys?

Angry combat transports are fucking awesome mate.

He has 9 exactly,
Probably so he could use the new rules to hide among his troops

No he doesn't he has exactly nine.

As for why, it's clear they put him right against the limit because he's their golden boy.

Vindicare assassin, meet callidus

9 wounds, so a single conscript is all that he needs to be invincible to everything that doesn't have a sniper scope on it. Or is a flyer.

>Doesn't Big Bobby G have more than 10 wounds?

He has 9.

>WHY doesn't Big Bobby G have more than 10 wounds?

So he can't get shot up like a scrub.

9 wounds is a lot better than anything under 20

Any alternative GK colour scheme? I'm not a fan of metallic paint spam

I heard the spikey bits guy is a registered offender but I couldn't find records for any Robert Baer that looked like him. I think I got memed

all these people butthurt that the game is getting better and drawing people back into the fold who havent played for a long time because 6th and 7th were horseshit editions.

Happens every time there is a new edition.

Change to a non-airborne flyer or use stormboyz. This one's just flat wrong.

The point is, some flyers have the ability to avoid being assaulted by regular troops, and some don't. A Heldrake, for example, can be assaulted by ground troops, but a Tau Sunshark Bomber can't. It's back to the days of arbitrary "monster vs walker". What's really a flier and what's not?

No.

Not really. Can look into the GKs old ashen black paint scheme from rogue trader?

Skitarii look like they've lost a big chunk of their anti-vehicle, but they've got a lot that allows them to cripple enemy buffs and then sweep away the unled infantry with Kastelans, Vanguard and Destroyers. I like it.

Thinking that Skitarii Transuranics will probably be up there in terms of sniping. S7 Ap-2 Ignore Cover D3 Damage with a chance for a Mortal Wound, and two per squad at BS4.

Sure, they won't be oneshotting big boys, but lesser characters won't be happy.

Perhaps I should make a Vindicare Ranger Alpha Primus. Might be fun to team them up with two 5-Ranger Arquebus squads, about thirty to forty Vanguard, a row of NeutronCrawlers with an Icarus and a couple Destroyer squads and pop leaders and buffs from a mile away.

You're playing the wrong army

Except I'm not playing it

>decided to roll some dice
>avatar vs bloodthrister of insensate rage
>avatar keeps coming out on top due to 5+ 5++

well shit, at least the bloodthrister is good for killing other things

>YOU USED THE WRONG PICTURE THEREFORE THE ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Flyers are stupid in this edition no matter how you look at it user. Even your own point highlights how stupid 8th is. What is the distinction between a flyer that can be assaulted by boys and one that can't? Apparently they just flipped coins to decide.

Because the heldrake has melee attacks and that would interact really fucking weirdly with airborne

Why does it have melee attacks instead of a "if you passed over an enemy unit in the movement phase..." rule?

Everything has melee attacks.

Whether it actually flies fast or just hovers

Thoughts on Orks? Do all the special characters in other books have the same morale or to hit special rule on every one to make them special? Only slightly different wording or function that ends up being the same everywhere. 8th edition AGE OF SMEGMA doesn't seem like its a meme

based GW

Updated IG list from before. Any pointers/c+c?

2000 IG: making a list out of what I have + a Stormlord I want.
Brigade Detatchment (+9 CP):
HQ: Company Commander w/ plasma pistol, power sword - 39 points
HQ: Company Commander w/ bolt pistol chainsword - 31 points
HQ: Company Commander w/ plasma pistol, chainsword - 35 points

Troops: Infantry Squad w/ flamer, autocannon, vox - 67 points
Troops: Infantry squad w/ flamer, autocannon, vox - 67 points
Troops: Infantry squad w/ flamer, heavy bolter, vox - 60 points
Troops: Infantry squad w/ sniper rifle, lascannon, vox - 67 points
Troops: Infantry squad w/ sniper rifle, lascannon, vox - 67 points
Troops: 5- man Militarum Tempestus squad w/ plasma gun, melta gun - 67 points

Elites: Veterans w/ 3 melta guns, sergeant w/bolter, Chimera w/ multi-laser, heavy flamer - 199 points
Elites: Veterans w/ 3 plasma guns, sergeant w/ bolter, Chimera w/ multi-laser, heavy bolter - 180 points
Elites: 5 Ratlings - 25 points
Elites: Command Squad w/ Medipack, Regimental Standard, 2 plasma guns - 53 points
Elites: Commissar w/ bolt pistol & chainsword - 31 points

Fast Attack: Bane Wolf w/ Chem cannon, heavy bolter - 96 points
Fast Attack: Armoured Sentinel w/ plasma cannon - 55 points
Fast Attack: 2x Armoured Sentinel w/ plasma cannon - 110 points

Heavy Support: Wyvern w/ heavy bolter - 93 points
Heavy Support: Heavy Weapon Squad w: 3 missile launcher - 72 points
Heavy Support: Heavy Weapon Squad w: 3 missile launcher/Lascannons(?) - 72 points

Super-Heavy Auxillary Detatchment: (+0 CP)
Lord of War: Stormlord w/ twin heavy bolter, 2 heavy stubbers - 452 points

Total: 2000 points, 9 CP.

HWS go in Stormlord with CC, other commanders go into gunline with a commissar, other commissars go into chims with vets for ld buff.

So that would be T7 vs S7, and saving on 4+, They have 9 attacks and assuming a 2 wound per shot, how many wounds does the Predator take?

I'm new or I'd do it myself.

Isn't stormboyz assaulting fliers a cool image even if a little silly?

Do you have an actual question or are you just asking people to upvote your opinions?

Happens in the Space Marine game.

Ratlings will be an auto-include in most guard armies now, just to make sure that our own officers are safe.

Especially since you can buy 12 of them for the same price as a Vindicare.

Incidentally, if the two are matched up, the Vindicare loses. He can kill 0.81 a turn (factoring in the mortal wound roll that I suppose represents a bullet going through multiple dudes), while they can hurt him for slightly over 1 wound a turn (all 12 of them, that is). He'll run out of wounds before they do.

Truth be told a Vindicare on the field is death sentence for at least one character because the simple fact is there is no sensible way to kill a properly placed one before he scores at least one kill. Versus Nids and other MC-as-warlord armies this isn't ad bad, but guard will HATE him.

Could do an entire force of Mordrak's ghosts.

Exorcists are red and black.

NMM

>battle cannon costs 22 points, s8 ap-2 Dd3
>taurox battle cannon costs 28 points, s7 ap-1 Dd3

Flat grey.

That has always been arbitrary. At least post-2nd Ed. The Falcon Grav-tank can fly in the fluff for example.

need more konskript

>No option for "Seventh was a broken piece of shit but 8th has no depth yet so they're both currently equally shit."

I plan on using this for my first game, just to get a handle on how the Thousand Smites work now.

HQ
Ahriman: 131
Exalted Sorcerer: 101

Troop
Rubric Squad: 123
-4 bolters
-1 pistol
-Force sword
Rubric Squad 181
-4 Warpflamers
-1 pistol
-Force sword
Rubric Squad: 125
-4 bolters
-1 pistol
-Force stave

Rhino: 72

Elite
Scarab Occult: 244
-Soulreaper

Fast Attack
Heldrake: 215
-Baleflamer

Heavy Support
Predator: 173
-Autocannon
-2 Heavy Bolters

If you're gonna meme at least get it right. Otherwise it undercuts your whole premise.

The Taurox is also much much cheaper than the Russ before weapons are taken into account

>not putting a punisher on your Taurox Prime

You deserve what you get.

Doesn't the full unit of Dire Avengers get a 5+ invuln if the Exarch takes a shimmershield as well?

Plus with the changes to Battle focus that extra range matters more

I think it fits the orks and is enough over the top for the universe, but not too much.
Let's say is stupid but tasteful, in opposite of, say, a centurion or santa grimnar

Factually incorrect meming makes you like the Fabius-poster.

So.. it's D&D 3.5 vs Next all over again?

Of all the legitimate bullshit in 8e, kit changes are just balance my dude.

Whatever you just built

louder! LOUDER!

SCREAM TO BE HEARD

Mfw I'm the one who made the Noise Marine video but no one believes me

You can shoot at ratlings with anything, not just Vindicares. The opposite is not true.

True, a kitted out taurox prime cost the same as a baseline leman russ with no guns. However if you're running gatling cannon taurox you're about twenty points cheaper

I want to take mortars for anti sniper, for food reasons, but they got on ballistic skill, so they're kind of garbage. At killing vindicare at least.

>Doesn't the full unit of Dire Avengers get a 5+ invuln if the Exarch takes a shimmershield as well?

Oh shit, you're right. Still, shimmershield and power glaive means one less dude is shooting because he replaces his catapult, and runs you 24p for the toys alone, but I guess it makes them passable? I don't think I'd take them in a more serious setting ever because they're still twice as expensive as guardians but that does salvage them for friendly bouts.

>Always hated kataphrons
>Now expected to take them
Fuck that, I'll spam neutron lasers instead and hope that Hoplites aren't awful.

Can mortars target characters?

I'm going to be knocking planes out of the sky with Sammael.
5 S8 AP-3 D2 attacks with rerolls to hit ought to give fliers something to think about

It does help them out against higher AP weapons, and the extra range on their guns along with the overwatch benefits are nice to have.

I'm not sure if they deserve to be 17 points each though, unless there's something I'm forgetting.

>for food reasons

That's the one! I also drew the Noise Marine with galaxies loudest faggot mug drawing

Best weapon option for hive guard?

You have to be a sniper or the vindicare must be the closest infantry to even target him

If he's in cover you're also at -2 to hit

They're probably good at holding down objectives.

If they were 15p they'd be solid I think.

Aux detachements are -1 cp user

Here are mine.

youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw
This one?

I think the Impaler guns are great. 36" range Krak missiles that don't need line of sight? And they still hit on 4+ if you have them move? Awesome

>this becomes an edition where the vindicare is in every tourney list

They're not mandatory, especially with Plasma Calivers being cheaper now, they're just exceedingly good at sweeping through elite infantry. Them and Kastelans will rip though Marines like paper, and do even better with any Leadership buffs, and Vanguard can deal with hordes by firing 30 Lasguns per squad at them and then charging the -1T scrubs, possibly with Hammer of Wrath. Not quite their old glory where it was 30 Bolters, but still pretty damn nice.

Not the LoW one. It's a separate detachment.

I've only played one game so far with my Dark Vengeance + Khorne Berserkers/Kharn army so I don't really know how they look in 8E.

Should I keep building my World Eater army in 8E? Aside from the extra attack the Khorne Berserkers get, are there any other buffs to look forward to? Or should I go back to my Dark Angels?