Between the two most powerful 40k factions.who do you expect to win out in the long run?

Between the two most powerful 40k factions.who do you expect to win out in the long run?

Considering both got nerfd into balance this Ed...

Tyranids

Remember, folks, you don't have to reply to trolls! Or stupid questions!

You really don't!

Which are the two most powerful factions, have we figured it yet? It certainly ain't one of those two.

Farsight enclave and the Squats.

Orks already won

Neither are factions.

I meant it as Tau entirely.

My money's on farmer with shotgun

Here

>Drew "my transports get wounded on 5s with lasguns" careys being most powerful faction
Yeah sure thing kiddo

Sisters of Silence.

Was guard really that bad?

The tau are the underpowered faction in this scenario the arent nearly as expansive and cant afford to lose many worlds and billions of soldiers.
Even with the tau's better tech The empirium would bleed them dry in a war of attrition
Or at best there emipre would be severely crippled.

Oh shit made a mistake i tought you meant the empirium.

who do you zoggin' think, ya gitz!

>We are now being compared to Tau
How did this happen? I sold my Tau and just started Dark Eldar, I only got four or five games in before 8 hit.

I didn't deserve this. I wasn't trying to be WAAC I swear! I don't even have any scourges!

This is the thing non Dark Eldar players don't understand, and it always catches them by surprise every single time.

You look at the raider and you think "Oh it's a hover rhino", but when the dark eldar player looks at his raider he sees an expensive drop pod. It drops off it's troops and from the top of turn three it's nothing but a distraction and maybe a late game objective grabber if you let your guard down.

Dark Eldar players learned how to play against their opponenets expectations, now we're taking all that earned knowledge through with us to 8E. Expect to see DE rocking the tournament scene very soon.

Ah yes your scary troops who are stuck wounding guardsmen conscripts and even brimstone horrors on fucking 4s with no pen. Meanwhile we have tempestus doing your job but better in every way

Another silly boy who thinks he knows the dark eldars bag of tricks.

k enjoy being rekt by 20 s4 shots from 18 point guns from platforms cheaper, more durable, and just as fast as your raiders

Naw, it's fine. We've got some of the strongest units and abilities in the game.

But a lot of stuff got mixed up with platoons disappearing and vets moving to elite.

If by "tricks" you mean disembark your 5 grotesques from the raider, charge with the raider to soak Overwatch, then charge with the grotesques, then no, people have already noticed that.

It looks like DE are stuck with venom and dark light spam again.

Aren't the T6 W6 4+?

Chaos, because thats how they are written.

>infinite daemons
>infinite realities
>omnipotent gods
Sucks, but thats the setting

The Chaos Gods aren't omnipotent.

>hurr durr my faction is more overpowered and requires less skill so i'm going to act superior about it.

I haven't really thought about it before now, but before all the recent PLOT ADVANCEMENT these 2 factions did seem fairly fine in the long run.

Tau should have been wiped out... but they kept sciencing every realistic problem away. If orc waaaaghs and several Imperial crusades didn't wipe them out then the encroaching Nid swarm wouldn't either. This was all asspulled plot-armour, but at this point plot-armour is a legitimate Tau psychic power that you can't deny.
Whenever you go "oh, this space marine will swing his arm and bury the knife in this fire warrior's skull in a fraction of a second" you have to stop and remember "wait no, the space marine could trip on a banana and instead hurl himself into a turbine, or a small meteorite could strike him dead or a chaos warlord could go back in time through the Warp and kill the space marine's grandfather and he could disappear". Things with Tau aren't so clear cut.

The Dark Eldar meanwhile have their own dimension. They have super science as well that just ignores logistics, resources, entropy, psychology, politics and a few other innate concepts so their society "just works". They can stay in the webway for quite a while. If Chaos or Nids overtake the galaxy they could just use super science to create huge human habitats and harvest souls that way. Easy.

Basically, things make so little sense in wh40k there's no point in discussing anything other than what GW will do next.

That's right. Only the C'tan were said to be omnipotent.

>pic unrelated

In your estimation of "most powerful factions" you forgot Sisters of Battle user. Just like Games Workshop

I almost had the opposite effect, enemy focused 0 heavy weapons on them, because I said how few hull points they had and had low their armour was, bolters and heavy bolters were all I was getting shot at them really

Then they got mad it took 3 turns to kill a raider

>Squats.

i laughed but it hurts

It's gonna end in coalition of cheetahs.

Considering assault is worthless in this edition I don't see how Tyranids are going to be any good.

Is this for 8th? Are the Tau back to being complete trash again?

Yes, no it's just some trash put together by someone who proabably hasn't even read through the indexes let a lond played any games.

Chaos because it's Warhammer. Warhammer is about many things but mostly about hopeless reality falling to Chaos.