Hour of Devistation Spoilers

New Hour spoilers.
Samut is Walker, as expected.
Sad it's not a Jackal. (also fuck Wizards for doing shit like Jackal and Naga when they've always been Hound and Snake, it's needlessly dividing subtypes so they don't work together)

Bolas is 4 ability.
Though, why isn't he [colorless]UBBR?
The double black was his thing for a reason.

And an interesting black board wipe.

[+1]: Up to one target creature gains double strike until end of turn.
[-2]: Samut, the Tested deals 2 damage divided as you choose among one of two target creatures and/or players.
[-7]: Search your library for up to two creatures and/or planeswalker cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.

[+2]: Target opponent exiles cards from the top of his or her library until he or she exiles a nonland card. Until end of turn, you may cast that card without paying its mana cost.
[+1]: Each opponent exiles two cards from his or her hand.
[-4]: Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh deals 7 damage to target opponent or creature an opponent controls.
[-12]: Exile each nonland permanent your opponents control.

>Hour of Devastation leaks
>Still no Archenemy spoilers

>devistation

>that pose
Are they fucking retarded? She looks like she's never handled a blade in her life. Stand steady or in a way that you can move quickly, she looks like she's holding in a turd.

The planeswalker art is almost as bad as the creature art.

Yeah that is a pretty cool boardwipe.

Meh.

Now this is something I can get behind. Sure he ain't gonna be a big game changer in the format but I'd love to play him just for the sake of playing him.

historically dividing damage is very powerful
Historically you didnt pay 4 fucking mana for that kind of ability
Historically Sub-Saharan Africans weren't in Egypt
but whats another fuck up from wizards at this point, at least the game is stable.

>Though, why isn't he [colorless]UBBR?
>The double black was his thing for a reason.

That wasn't "his" thing, that was an Alara thing. Look at the other XYYZ Mythics in the block.

>Sarkhan>Xenagos>Arlin>Domri>Kang
And whiners will claim she'll see zero play because of "muh racism", not because she sucks.

that -12 is kind of underwhelming.
Was hoping it would exile their grave too.

lol, not even the cucks at MTGS like Samut.

Is it just me, or does all of this seem stoopid powerful in the most boring way? I guess I don't know what I was expecting, since his other card is also pretty simple, but this new just seems mleh.

Holy shit Samut is terrible

Shits almost Tibalt tier

Planeswalkers are all kinda boring. I think the design space is super cramped when you have to shit out a few of these guys every couple months

Power is always brainless.
Masterful play is putting your opponent in situations he shouldn't be and forcing him to play a game he can't win. This is usually done with subpar cards that somehow fuck people up when played a certain way.
Optimal play, however, is playing strong cards in a predetermined way. The path of least resistance.

The only thing tested is my patience with Wizards' utter inability to write a single interesting character or engaging plot thread for the last dozen years.

What do you mean?

Don't you like the Justice Pals going to a place and killing Dr. Doom and the meanies and freeing the people of his tyranny and vanishing to do it all over again?

Sounds like some entertaining writing that will never get old

I just comprehended that Bolas can dome the opponent for 7

Wew

>Historically you didnt pay 4 fucking mana for that kind of ability
The closest thing is Fiery Justice which is at WGR
Which also was 5 divideable damage on top of pulling shenanigans with Kavu Predator

Is the twist gonna be this is Tibalt in blackface?

It's ironic that blue is the brainless color.

I fucking hate that character and I know nothing about her other than having seen her two cards.

Ugin and Karn are more retarded strong while also faster.

>-2 for shock on a 4 cost multi color walker
is there a walker worse than this?

The fuck are you two on about?

Exactly. It's a one mana sorcery as the -2 of a 4 mana, 2 color walker whose abilities are only the second color in the ultimate.

Admittedly it's pretty close

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm glad that she's crappy.
If she got a really good card it'd be really lousy to be forced to run her.

They made her shit so she would be cheap for the filthy casual tumblrinas to pick up.

Still endlessly pissed about no Nakht planeswalker though.

The +1 is also a 1 mana sorcery

What value!

If Tibalt didn't discard at random he would definitely see more play

Who the fuck is Nakht?

I reread Ashes of the Sun, one of the early prerevision novels, recently, to get a taste of that MtG flavor that I haven't been able to get fresh for over a decade. It amazed me how it succeeds at being diverse and female-friendly far more than the nuWalker shit without even making a visible effort to do so. Turns out agenda pushing is no substitute for good writing.

God, what I would give for another low fantasy, region-focused story that centered on nonhuman races and contained no Planeswalkers.

Tibbers at least was an interesting design space at 2CMC

>I don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm glad that she's crappy.
>If she got a really good card it'd be really lousy to be forced to run her.

Agreed.

Samut and Djeru's childhood friend, who died when they were kids because they were exploring outside the city.
Managed to be a more interesting character in the span of half a story than either of the other two did over the course of multiple.

Samut and Djeru's dead bird friend. The one who got fucked by the Dread Wanderer.

So, with this Bolas, will they finally get rid of Marvel for good?

I don't think wotc is that clever.

Why is she so ugly? I wanted egyptland to bring me delicious brown, not disgusting WE bait. It's like they sat down and had a contest on who could draw the worst.

That better be the planes walker deck version...

It'll be hilarious if it's not, and the planeswalker deck version turns out to be better despite costing 1 more
And Walker Deck Bolas may well just be Nicol Bolas, Planewalker

Samut is terrible, Bolas is only good in EDH and possibly Standard in the future, Bontu's will be a 1-of in certain modern sideboards.

I like the spoiler here.
Also if Samut's planeswalker deck version is better then it would support my theory
Has a point though.

so what are the planeswalker decks for next set?

> centered on nonhuman races

tfw you think someone is making a good post but they just have to ruin it with tg-specific brand of trash at the end.

>Nicol Bolas, God of EDH

>Ashes of the Sun

My kang

>Nicol Bolas, god of nothing
FTFY

HOL

Damn WotC, dropping the fucking ball all over again. So mediocre.

UP

she's black, egyptian AND a planeswalker?

WE WUZ

What, you don't like strong black womyn overloaded with keywords?

Attractive women trigger tumblrinas that this panders to.

Karn and Ugin managed to be more interesting despite having simpler abilities and being colorless and that's sad, still like the fucker though.

WotC must be outsourcing character design to Bioware.

What if they kill her off in the story.
What if Neheb does it.

gottah get that phat SJW cash.

Is he really crying for his dragon daddy?

What I find hilarous is the fact that Dark Intimations resulted to be a totally useless card. And to think that people was theorizing that the card would let Bolas to use his ult as soon as he lands...

What a waste of rare card.

Sadly, Neheb is dead. Look at the Story Mode in Magic Duels.

It lets Bolas burn for 14 without needing to use any of his pluses so hey.

thx

They're only crocodile tears.

Andromeda sold worse than ME3.

exactly, people think that if you SJW pander you will get more money but you don't because they don't actually play games they just post online about how oppressive they are.
it's fun to watch companies shoot themselves in the foot with this approach and wizards is full steam ahead on it.

>he
And she's having a fit because she wants to be daddy's favourite and nobody else.
War of the gods incoming.

Bolas is basically nuking the whole plane from what I get so that's kinda pointless isn't it?

I understood conceptually that Nicol Bolas was going to show up and fuck over loads of people, maybe still off Gideon while he's at it, but I'm a little confused as to why he'd nuke ALL of Amonkhet.

Just Bolas things, I guess.

They have to, I think. It's another game-ending bomb that creates a huge tempo swing the second it comes down, often turn 4. The threat of this AND nulamog is gonna be too much.

Well, not necessarily. The gods might think that he's passing his final judgement and are now racing for who can take the spot as his chosen, favourite child among the champions of the trials.
Basically like a bunch of Christian priests fighting each other during the apocalypse in front of Jesus to show them who REALLY deserves being the best of the best followers of his religion.

>Eh, whatever, I'm tired of all this egypt shit. I'm gonna go back to Madara, get my Japan on.

New bolas isn't really good.

I would say the bigger problem is that usually when you get an Planeswalker ultimate off you have such staggering board control as it is so his board wipe feels somewhat unnecessary. However:

>Play Four Dark Intimations during a game
>Cast him just when the time is right
>+2 him
>Steal the person's top deck moment that could have stopped Nicol Bolas before your next turn

That would be delightful.

I think you don't understand. Think about it like a kindergarden. A really shitty kindergarden. Like the one you don't want to be. Such shitty that everything that dies there, becomes a zombie. Now imagine that your God Pharaoh, the ones who protects this kindergarden of the shit outside ala Warhammer 40K tells you that, when he reappears, everyone who has been "worthy" will be brought to a whole new and better life. Of course, people train day and night so they could be deemed worthy, getting them killed themselves at the end of the trials in a way they don't become zombies, to preserve their worthiness until the God Pharaoh arrives ... some day. Because, some day, the God-Pharaoh will return and erase all the shit it has, so it can give a new and perfect existence to those of his subjects who deemed whorty. If you aren't, you will finally die, and become a zombie, part of the filth who is infesting this plane. And you will disappear and never reborn when the God-Pharaoh returns.

While the God-Pharaoh returns, his sons, the Gods, will tutor the mortals to these rites. They are like the teachers who are seeing perfectly the shit is storming that protective barrier. They have seen generations of mortals fighting to be deemed worthy so, when the God-Pharaoh arrives, they want that glory too. And who wouldn't want it more than the GODDESS OF AMBITION? She saw the glory those mortals wants. It must be good. And she wants it to be the first to receive it. And she will do whatever it takes to have it.

Of course, this is all from the point of view of the natives of the plain. I think it isn't necessary to explain this is a planeswalker farm for Nicol Bolas, the sacrifice at the end of the trials is to force the spark out of people and he will return to harvest the planeswalkers created and, in case there is no one, BOOM! Reset the farm.

probably because samut and the jacestice league are going to turn the people of amonkek against bolas.

Nicol Bolas, God of Aetherworks Marvel

>be Nicol Bolas
>spend centuries, if not millennia, farming for Planeswalkers
>forced to hard-reset because some dipshit kids messed with your crop
>find out there actually was a Planeswalker in the last batch
>it's a rebel
>it's the leader of the rebels
>it's the leader of the rebels that didn't even pass all trials
>it's the leader of the rebels that didn't even pass all trials and is the least attractive woman on the entire plane, counting all beast-people

Shit, I'd be pissed as fuck too.

I actually really like Bolaswalkers as 'just fuck their shit up senpai' cards. They don't need some cohesive theme, as long as he ruins someone's day.

Good. I'm tired of walkers in the meta. They should be niche cards meant for EDH.

So how do we know this isn't the structure deck bolas?

>structure deck
back to yu gay oh

>implying he won't go straight into Marvel decks as another alternate wincon and Lost Legacy counter

as said, it's a salted earth/denial scenario

Would it have really killed them to make her -2 a -1? I mean, geez, it would still suck, just not as much.

This senpai. Walkers are cancer.

This entire plot of "waltz into a plane and throw their entire way of life over like we know what's good for them" really just makes the Gatewatch look like the bad guys here.

You totally lost me with the kindergarten bit, but you got me understanding after that. That does make more sense. I guess the missing piece here is what caused the shift from all those loyal zombies bowing to her to them trying to fuck her up while she wrecks them.

Poor Honored Crop-Captain
>perfect not-Egypt waifu
>ends up on booster pack art
>looks iconic as all hell
>a fucking uncommon
>Boros, at that

You're right, Bolas. Nuke it all from orbit and try again elsewhere.

Maybe they'll be bitchslapped by Bolas so hard they scatter to the winds, and Ajani ends up on Ixalan looking for one of them, runs into Vraska?

I know that Vraska's totally going to be the villain in Ixalan, but part of me just wants her and Ajani to be friends. One's a victim of police brutality, the other is a giant cat with survivors guilt.
Together, they fight crime.

Ajani, Elspeth, Venser, or Koth could carry a Gatewatch tier plot by themselves.

Would run a lot better too instead of today's fair of 1 out 5 retards getting 80% of the plot while the rest of the band of merry men run around breaking shit and gawking at the weird culture.

I'm still betting it's Nisaa who dies.
By far the most hated of the 5 and she just got a shift into two colors, that's usually always the sign that they are off the team.

I'm hoping for Chandra. She's been so fucking annoying since Kaladesh and has had the same, empty character with the same reaction to everything ever since her introduction.

I don't think I could bite that bullet if it means Samut takes her place

thank you,she is the worst imo of the gatewatch please kill her bolas please