mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ub-doomshow/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/esper-doomsday-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit thread

>cards only retards think need a ban edition

Show and Tell is fine. Yes, It's a busted combo piece, but its not overly powerful against the meta as a whole. For instance Grixis Delver and D&T shit all over Sneak and Show. It's really no different than any other spell based combo deck in legacy. It's also not overly ubiquitous, Sneak and Show has ~5% meta game share and Omnitell has ~0.5% online, those seem like fine healthy numbers to me user.

I guess I dislike SnT strats because of how little "play" there is in their strats, it's just assemble cards and pray your opponent doesn't flip a hate card. That strat isn't particulaly busted, just numbingly linear, to me that is.

There is a card that almost every deck runs in 4 copies, it's Wasteland.
WASTALANDU DING DONG BANNU

Wasteland keeps some decks in check, though.

Brainstorm and force of will are far more common 4 ofs than wasteland

plz wizards no

just leave legacy alone

go back to focusing on "cultivating" modern with bans

Wasteland is the 5h most common card, brainstorm, ponder, FoW, and polluted delta are all more played than it.

Ok so OP is dumb and SnT has no reason to be banned, but what is everyone playing?

UW Stoneblade here

I've been all over the place brewing since the SDT ban. I've been playing/testing: Big Red, TES, and U/W Landstill. Been pretty impressed with the Landstill list, it feels pretty good against most the meta with the exception of Burn and ANT.

Whats the landstill list?

My very own shitty goblin welder brew.
How shitty?
I play blue without FoW or brainstrom.

I've been testing this list, some of the numbers are still a little rough, I'm not sure on the Elspeth, Path to Exile, or Misdirection (It's conditionally either awesome or useless).

MB:
1x Batterskull
2x Engineered Explosives
1x Umezawa's Jitte
2x Snapcaster Mage
3x Stoneforge Mystic
1x True-Name Nemesis
4x Standstill
4x Brainstorm
2x Counterspell
1x Flusterstorm
4x Force of Will
1x Misdirection
1x Path to Exile
1x Spell Pierce
1x Spell Snare
4x Swords to Plowshares
1x Faerie Conclave
4x Flooded Strand
3x Island
1x Karakas
3x Plains
3x Polluted Delta
2x Tundra
1x Underground Sea
4x Wasteland
1x Elspeth, Knight Errant
2x Jace, The Mind Sculptor
1x Council's Judgement
1x Supreme Verdict
SB:
1x Containment Priest
3x Dread of Night
4x Leyline of Sanctity
1x Moat
1x Rest in Peace
2x Disenchant
1x Flusterstorm
2x Surgical Extraction

The SB is pretty weird too, It's build for my LGS' screwed up meta, lots of D&T, Burn, and Storm

Playing UBr Tezzeret Control, feels good to have so many powerful bombs and niche answers. Sometimes the deck just comes together and I get to play Chalice on turn 1 into Dack Crucible and get a Wasteland Engine online or start beating with 5/5 artifacts on turn 2 after slamming a Tezz.
Welder is crazy sweet, I tried to find room in a Tezz build for some, but dropped it after experiencing true jank.

What does everyone think are the odds flusterstorm will be in iconic masters?

Hope it is, It's absurd they cost ~$80 when wizards has had several chances to print them and bring down their price. I figured it would have been a lock for printing in Eternal Masters.

So ban polluted delta?

The formats just so stale recently. It feels dull. It felt dull with Miracles around yes but now it feels even more stale. I just want them to unban Mind Twist and ban Deathrite Shaman.

Still love maverick after all these years, has been my favorite deck forever and I plan on playing it forever.

I built dnt too though since that deck is number 2.

Any excuse to cast my waifu.

>Lands
Derp. Should be -1x delta, -1x wasteland, -1x plains, +3x Mishra's Factory

Playing TES to some success, currently in the lead of our local league. Last weekly I did the mistake of greedily not going for 8 Goblins T1, aiming for AdN T2... Only match I lost. Also got tilted to shit from a player new to our meta.

Apparently DNT is my most frequent matchup, sucks to be them I guess. Also my win% in g2 have now dropped to ~49.7%, compared to the over 60% in g1 & g3...

Eww. I don't want my waifus to be women of strong character, hindering others in their way. Olivia or go home.

Everyone knows the best waifus are made of Etherium, no horse cock included.

Been a bit lost after the top ban. Still trying DDFT, including some off-the-wall lists but haven't been thrilled with any. Played Burning ANT which performed well but wasn't super fun. Been brewing some trash piles including an OmniTell/DDay hybrid.

Same my dude, you running b2b main?

Any BG depths players here? Has anyone tried summer bloom in the deck? Or is manabond just way better

the jankest brew of all

this picture hurts me

Is Maverick just bant creatures? I don't really see another gameplan.

Pretty much. Hatebears, value creatures, Green Sun's Zenith, and KoTR.

yeah, it's junk, naya, or bant goodstuff with hatebear and toolbox themes.

Good creatures with a disruptive gameplan.

Wasteland+KotR, Wasteland+Life from the loam, and generally strong creatures like gaddock Teeg and Thalia and Deathrite shaman go a long way.

Then you have KotR, Green Sun's, Stoneforge Mystic, and enlightened/whatever tutor to get what you need.

It's a classic deck in the format, but isn't super popular now or the past few years since it's not fancy. You can cast good creatures in any format.

But I love it since a deck that just wants to cast g/w creature spells is an underdog, and I'll always play decks that have this wonderful woman.

Dega, reanimator, janky as fuck, I like it.

Why the fuck is show and tell so expensive on mtgo

>plays Storm
>doesnt like women
>is gay
No surprises here

pretty simple imo.

popular, powerful, high play rate, and high win rate deck gets banned.

people who played that deck move on to another popular, powerful, high play rate, and high win rate deck.

Prices reflect surges in people buying into those cards.

Honestly it was more of a rhetorical, whiny sort of question but I'm sure you're right. Also limited online print run.

Dredge boiii

patrician taste though

I'm playing esper stoneblade atm and I feel like it durdles too much. I also don't fight against combo very often

should I go Esper Deathblade or do I go full WUBG

What's your list look like? Maybe we can help cut some durdle for gas.

Fuck wizards and their shifty format management. Dig through time is a fine card.

>Also limited online print run.
This really boggles my mind. I hear daze used to be pretty expensive, as well as Ports.

They still are. Some older commons/uncommons that actually see play are ridiculously expensive just because nobody opened any online packs of that set. Which really doesn't make sense to me. Wizards has an online card game, why would they stop me from buying a nemesis or masques pack? It's just them being greedy jews trying to impose the same restrictions they impose on paper magic, and its horrible for mtgo.

Have I posted this turd before? Cards are in the mail. Gonna shit up locals with it.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ub-doomshow/

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/esper-doomsday-2/

I was playing around with this at work the other day and it felt cute.

Playing miracles sans top. Haven't tested it yet but I think it's solidly tier 2

are you running that new nissa?

I think you've got some questionable choices in there but I had been thinking about cutting some fatties from my list and just going all-in on Omni for the SnT plan. I also toyed around with the idea of white, because you could play a couple Terminus and use LDV to set it up. In an SCG Worcester side event I played against someone playing an Esper SnT list like that and it seemd like it worked pretty well

How the fuck thes this shit even works?

You use doomsday to win with labman. You can eaither do it au naturale if you have the mana (lots of mana) or you can SnT in Omniscience and make all your spells free which makes it easy. But I think that list has a lot of weird one-ofs that you don't really need, and maybe a couple cards conspicuously missing.

No I'm on an esper build,if it fails I'll try green out or just go straight U/W