Etheremon mentioned in FORBES

Get in before this explodes in popularity. You'd have to be a retard to not see how Etheremon will surpass CryptoKitties in popularity tenfold.
forbes.com/sites/outofasia/2017/12/22/five-issues-preventing-blockchain-from-going-mainstream-the-insanely-popular-crypto-game-etheremon-is-one-of-them/#1968b96c6fad

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/address/0xe0a66218c40230967d4240d25f6220a28e52c7ff
smiley-fakemon.deviantart.com/art/Eekape-410611663
medium.com/@myetheremon/thoughts-and-important-announcements-25e0592be6b0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he hasn't logged into his account since the exit scam yet

It's funny how the author doesn't understand that this is why Ethereum was made.

>Stay poor boomers/corecucks.

its a game. Not a ponzi, you fucking brainlet

retard alert

MissingNo was just grandfathered. If this doesn't change it'll be more valuable when trading happens.

forbes is fucking laughing at you and you dont even realize it

Holy shit. I have 13 of them and literally all of them have already paid for themselves in ponzibux. Did I make it?

>already confirmed Etheremon dev stole the whole concept from the creator of Fakemon
>settled with the creator of Fakemon AFTER releasing Etheremon
>I'm sure the anonymous Etheremon devs with a confirmed kill switch are honest
y tho

>stole the whole concept
What? The concept was theirs. If they ripped off anyone it would be CryptoKitties, but the games are very different so that doesn't really hold water. All they stole was the art for the mons itself, because it was publicly available from deviantart and they assumed they could use it freely as long as they credited the artist (which they did from the very beginning).

Within an hour people were telling them that you can't do that, and they immediately pulled all the art down and settled with the artist. The art was DOWN for 12 hours: about 6x longer than it was up without permission. Then it was restored when they struck a deal with the original artist.

This is the best idea I have seen in a long time. Please post something better if you have it. Day 3 on crypto kitties basically. So much fucking money to be made.

Shit my Palytids are gonna pay for my wife's son's college

My palytids are going to pay for my NEET life.

Don't get your hopes up yet he's disabled 1-6 so far. Might not be permanent or he might be making all gen 0's unbuyable.

etherscan.io/address/0xe0a66218c40230967d4240d25f6220a28e52c7ff

I feel bad for those who didn't invest in the goldmine alphamon that is Palytid. Those betas probably went all in on Geenee

Will cesstoids have any value?

I bought 2 Geenee's as well.
It finds items when its not asleep. Hopefully trainer items.

Very interesting. The point of this update was, in the devs' own words: "securing benefits for owners of Generation 0 (all current) Etheremons."

Maybe they're using that idea that's been tosseda round of making these into limited edition first-generation mons, and are going to re-release cheaper versions of them. Possibly that the first-gen holders get a portion of the return from? It can't be the FULL return from before though or else the mons would have to be as expensive as before (the entire cost of a mon goes into returns for previous holders).

ponzi scheme.

This is by far the most innovative and high potential thing I have seen in months and months

Its being updated again now. If this was a cash grab they already would have bailed and wouldn't bother with updates

He's not wrong as of the moment, though. Right now all you can do is buy mons and get paid by people who buy after you.

When the gameplay is actually implemented people will mostly be buying mons from EACH OTHER rather than the website, however, and I suspect that people will be making most of their money by battling and being good at the game. That will help dispel the ponzi shit when people see what this game was meant to be.

In a way this too-early release is kind of like an ICO. They're just raising funding to develop the real game. The problem is the whole thing has left a bad taste in the mouth of most and everyone's calling it a scam.

NICE but where is Palytid?

>no Smorple

You do realize nintendo will shut this down the more attention it gets rightt?
This will be sued to oblivion before it reaches normies

Goodluck cucktendo.
They'd have to shutdown ETH.

All Gen 0 are now uncatchable.

Including 21?

21 is not gen 0

Oh yeah, like how nintendo sued digimon.

Not quite yet. MissingNo and 1-15 are uncatchable. He's still getting to 16,17,18,19 and then we'll see if he touches the new mons too.

Good or bad for gen 1 owners? I want my fucking divs!

What. They used his art only and nothing else.
They now work together retard

>He doesnt own an etheremon

Good in the long term, not so good for our returns... probably. Barely anyone was buying at these prices anyway.

My 60 slaves were making a fair bit a day. About 1 ETH I estimate in residuals

Yeah, but the game's only been out a couple days. Compare that to how much you made the first day and it's not a very promising curve.
On another note, 19 is now uncatchable, making for all of the original mons. Now to see if he touches 21-24

21 is being made uncatchable now too. That's the hidden mon that got in by accident while they added the 3 new mons.

22, Vibe, is being made uncatchable. They're going to do it to ALL the current mons.

It seems like this is a temporary measure just while they restore the data contract, so as to prevent people from catching mons while they perform the real updates?

>stole the whole concept...from the creator of Fakemon
There is supposedly an Etheremon game about to come out based off of Smiley-Fakemon's work...

...And it wasn't just pictures that were stolen. Proof: smiley-fakemon.deviantart.com/art/Eekape-410611663
Also,
>calls me a retard
>doesn't read the second line of my post

Yes temporary. This is more Dev work than I have ever seen on some shitcoins.

It is done. All of the mons have been made uncatchable.

The next step is likely to be the unpausing of the main contract. When this happens you will be able to cash out again if you want to.

so its too late to get in on this now that everything is uncatchable?

Blockchain games are very fascinating because there's no way to hide the dev work in real time unless you can do it all in one single transaction. I think there's a lot of dev work that goes on behind the scenes in your favorit shitcoins that you just never get to see because it's all backend.

Blockchains don't HAVE a back end, so we get to witness the whole update process and guess what happens next.

The main contract has been unpaused, as predicted. We can cash out again, but nobody can catch anything yet.

medium.com/@myetheremon/thoughts-and-important-announcements-25e0592be6b0

This is bigger than I thought. They really are going to stay uncatchable. ALL of them. Holy fuck.

>Limiting number of Etheremons per species: As the number of Etheremons has exploded well above our intended limit of 100 Etheremons/species and to avoid Etheremons being used as speculative assets, we will now disable catching of all 22 existing (Generation 0) Etheremons. As such, your Etheremons will be unable to give out additional earnings. Instead, your Etheremons have become legendarily rare and in one week you will be able to trade them in our Trading platform. The only way other players can get those legendary Etheremons is to trade with you!

>In addition to making your Etheremons legendary, we will compensate you by giving out Etheremon eggs . You will receive 0 to 3 eggs depending on what price you bought your Etheremons. You can now check the number of eggs you have in “My Etheremons” page. In an update to be released tentatively on 01/01/2018, you will be able to hatch your eggs into Etheremons of its mother’s species.

So basically you cannot do anything at all in the game until January 1st, subject to possible delays if things don't go well on the testnet... That doesn't sound like good news to me. Whatever hype was left will definitely be dead by then.

Fuck off, you can catch a Smorple in 10 days

FUDDERS BTFO!!!

BOY WE ARE GONNA MAKE BANK OFF THOSE EGGS
>uncatchable gen0 pokemons
>eggs
>eggs valued at 10ETH each
>chink whales are gonna buy them like candy

Chinpokomon has it's own board, go away

You're probably right actually:

>Generation-1 etheremons: First generation 1 Etheremons will be coming out soon. Their entry price will be low and they will have NO return amount. This will allow new players to join our Etheremon world.

THE PONZI IS OVER. Nobody will ever receive dividends on this game again. Anyone hoping to live off the returns are fucked.

On the other hand, THE ACTUAL GAME is going to be fucking amazing. I'm more optimistic than ever on that aspect of things, and battling, leveling up, breeding, and trading will all be massive revenue sources for those of us who got in early and have the now-uncatchable mons.

Especially you fags who loaded up on the free 100+BP #21 MissingNo. I only got 4 because I figured I could buy as many as I wanted for free later.

>Recently there have been too many Etheremon Seekers (MonSeekers) chasing after Berrball. So frightened, the remaining Berrball decided to leave and never return to the Etheremon world. From now on, MonSeekers can only seek for Berrball in eggs and by trading.

Insanely popular lmfao

Alright you fucking nerds. Let's see those eggs.

Here's my biggest loser. 2 eggs to make up for the 2 ETH net loss this Windora brought me.

Also holy shit the MISSINGNOS NO LONGER SHOW IN YOUR INVENTORY THEY HAVE BEEN "REMOVED" ON THE UI SIDE.

>it's just a shitty pokemon clone with micro transactions

Am I legitimately going to get paid to play a fake pokemon game? And I don't even have to be good at it?

Truly the best timeline.

>Recently there have been too many Etheremon Seekers (MonSeekers) chasing after Nagee. So frightened, the remaining Nagee decided to leave and never return to the Etheremon world. From now on, MonSeekers can only seek for Nagee in eggs and by trading.

YASSS I FUCKING LOVE THESE DEVS

they listen
They work hard
They are very polite and respectful

From what I can tell, only LOSERS get eggs. None of the mons that made me a profit have eggs... Which is literally ALL of my original mons.

Here you can see that the Swifty that just barely made a profit is sterile, but the one that just barely lost popped one out.

Don't be embarassed you fags. We're all going to be rich anyway. SHOW ME YOUR LOSERS.

WE ARE THE SMORPLE MARINES AND WE ARE NOT FUCKING TRADING

I have 3 Cesstonia, bought on the first day, all paid back already. Will I make it?

Pangrass is the rarest of all the mons, it's going to be worth millions when trading starts

>implying i would ever sell the second Windora ever purchased

Ill be selling it to a rich boomer in exchange for a 2 million dollar home when his spoiled grandkids beg him for it

I hope so because I bought 10 of these fat fucks. Down like 5 ETH or so on Pangrasses alone. Turned my Etheremon experience from a 10x into a 9x.

B-but at least I got some eggs...

Pangrass is the sleeper. The gen 1 elite that nobody bought. Just wait. It will become a god.

#21 missingno seems to be gone

Yeah. We still own our MissingNo's but they don't show on the website anymore. Not sure what the devs are going to do because they promised on reddit that "no one will lose money". Perhaps they'll refund the bagholders who bought the last ones (For #20 I mean, #21 was free so whatever).

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

>devs never expected the mons to be a speculative asset
>return amount were only so big because the devs never expected so many people
>these mons with such return amounts can NOT be caught anymore
>Generation 1 mons will have NO RETURN AMOUNT

Welp good for anyone who got on this shit first but the moneymaking part is OVER

Just wait until we fully evolve our ultra rare, 1 ETH etheremon into their full legendary form.

I could see those going for 10-20 ETH if this thing gets popular.

I have 2 cesstoids with 5 eggs in total. Will i be able to sell them?

Do you listen to yourself?

same here. all mons make me a shitload of eth but no eggs

THESE MOTHERFUCKERS TOOK MY MISSINGNO AWAY

WHO ELSE COMING WITH ME TO SINGAPORE TO FUCK UP THESE CHINKS????

lol at those catch numbers.

I’m kind of annoyed that they’re limiting the purchase of mons. I mean yeah, it makes them rare but it kills the gains. I don’t see why people won’t just sell their mons when trading is available now that they can’t earn ETH by holding.

>LITERAL pyramid scheme
>Veeky Forums all over it

This shit is gonna costs thousand of dollars if it won't die soon.

In January we will see first sell-off for those who rushed to make some profit. Further and further Gen 0 mons are almost never sold any longer.

OUT OF NOWHERE YOU GET YOUR GEN 0 FRESH VIRGIN WITH 75 BP MONS ON SUMMER FOR FUCKEN 50 THOUSAND GRAND.

This is a bigger hodl than any worthless shitty ICO.

Look at fucken LEGO, people pay thousand to get fresh new rare collectables.

If Devs won't fuck up we will see 1000x gains next summer as supreme hodlers.

That was never sustainable to begin with though. Pyramids just can't last without exponential growth of new money until you would need more than all the money in the world.

People will hold the mons because they want to battle other people (and win money) with them.

More. I will sell my #2 Windora for 100ETH one day. Just watch.

This. Whoever sells off their gen 0 immediately are fucking idiots.

You have no idea how valuable gen 0 will be in the longterm. Its frightening.

You guys are fucking retarded.
These "legendaries" are gonna saturate the market with the addition of eggs. You'll be able to breed them too so their value goes down further. There'll be plenty of people looking to sell their mons to break even. Don't expect to sell these for much at all. Hell probably even below your buying price.

were you actually the #2 catch?

Actually, it would have been sustainable if the price of mons never went up. Why does somebody who bought earlier and therefore gains more ETH also get to pay less? That was the fatal flaw. If the price of mons stayed the same, people would have kept buying. Why could the devs not see this?

Yes. At the time it was a difficult decision, but i thought the potential was so strong that fuck it, i might be getting something special.

10x on 4 eth in first 24 hours. My biggest win in my life.

The "moneymaking part" is tiddlywinks compared to what's coming when they implement trading and battling. Buy a few Gen 1's when they come out; they'll be cheap and worth a lot on the market when this game takes off. Thank me later

I don't know if you're joking but 100% of the price of the mons was the returns to previous holders. That's what I mean about pyramids not working. You can't have returns without a rising price unless you cap the returns at 100% original cost, i.e. no profit for anyone.

>>In addition to making your Etheremons legendary, we will compensate you by giving out Etheremon eggs . You will receive 0 to 3 eggs depending on what price you bought your Etheremons. You can now check the number of eggs you have in “My Etheremons” page. In an update to be released tentatively on 01/01/2018, you will be able to hatch your eggs into Etheremons of its mother’s species.

Will I be an idiot if I get my egg and sell my (1) Cesstoid while keeping my Eekape so I can break even? I didn't get in so early I made 3x over my initial investment but enough to cover about 75%

Gen 1s won't rise in price though because they don't have returns. The very first few might be valuable for novelty (#1-10 or so at best) but the others it won't matter whether you buy them immediately or wait.

Just like cryptokitties didn't rise in price, right?

Yeah, as far as I can tell eggs are only consolation prizes for people who bought high. No mons that made a profit gets any eggs. The more loss realized, the more eggs given up to 3.

You'd be an idiot to sell ANY gen0 Etheremon for less than 10 ETH

>100% of the price of the mons was the returns to previous holders

Oh wait. That makes sense now that I think about it. Anyway, I really liked the idea of returns but I guess it really isn’t sustainable. I’ll probably sell my mons if I can get a decent price because I was only in this for the ETH.

Oh boy

I mean you'll be able to catch them directly from the website for a static cost. They explicitly said so. But if they have a hard limit (100 total like the blog mentioned as an early concept?) then obviously you want to get as many as possible.

If you have any gen0 monster, you're going to 10x your investment even if you paid 1 ETH each.

if there's no returns for gen1 then what will be done with the ether paid for them?