Previously on /EDH/: NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
How fake are the HOD spoilers?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-06-17-teysa-orzhov-scion/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jarad-lord-of-budget-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/secret-land-destruction/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/offering-to-the-flies/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/evolution-of-rakdos-edh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New artwork, rules that work without any issues.

What evidence is there for them to be fake?

Commonly echoed sentiment last thread, mostly because people don't want to perpetuate the meme, so it was an easy question to think up.

Its always good to be skeptical.

Witnessing evolution is a sight to behold.

Both these need to be in the OP links. It's only fair to new players so they know what they're subscribing to.

Is it possible to make Nekusar into a grouphug drawing machine that can punish one person if they try to go off too hard?

I have three edh decks right now, and they are Nath discard and elfswarm, Athreos skeleton tribal, and Doran treefolk tribal. I like gravepact effects and disabling/weakening my opponents while I can keep laying shit on the field. What commander should I build next?

I want Nin to strap me down and tease me until I go insane.

Somebody please, post the Sucy screencap for this man, you know the one.

>How fake are the HOD spoilers?
Shit I almost wish they were fake.
Samut Planeswalker ZZZZZZ

I'm serious guys, Raymond Swanland's art is all murky browns and spikes. This new Bolas looks nothing like his stuff.

WE

what is best thing "out of left field" win you've seen or done in commander.
For me it was using this to change Onmath Locus of Mana from Green mana to blue and watching it turn from a 90/90 to a 1/1

Playing the highly tuned decks is always better than draft chaff
The lowest part on the graph needs to be on the left hand side not the right
Best is 85-90% tuned

This
>Egyptian
>Sub Sahara African
They need to tune the art direction

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-06-17-teysa-orzhov-scion/

Amy advice on this list? Need help since its my first EDH deck

Omnath player was losing and with no cards in hand played an Avenger of Zendikar with Doubling Season out for some blockers. No one could finish without over extending, so we durdled around the table, blew up Doubling Season. Oona was before him. Played a Coat of Arms. Blinked. Read it. Said "Oh."

He won the next turn with 20/20 plants.

Shatter gang brothers

>Make a deck that draws players cards but punishes them for playing them
Needs rule of law

I just need small advice like which cards are bad and if im running too many lands. Also do I have too many mana rocks?

>doing mah nigga Bolas dirty like that
I'd rather just play Karn 2bh
>samut planeswalker
She's somehow even uglier and more useless. 2RG for a shitty damage divide or a double striker? Lame. And I say that because no one is going to let samut get to ult status ever.

I would add a little bit more ramp, a tip is have ~10 cards that ramp and ~10 cards that gets you card advantage.

Without looking I can see that you're running Teysa 1.0, a three mana commander who works great on a low curve, so you should probably be running around 35 lands and 10-15 rocks (10 GOOD ones is ideal). The vast majority if not all of your lands should enter untapped and the majority of your rocks should cost 2 or less, ideally but not necessarily coming in untapped.

And while I'm dishing out generic advice, Thin your paints. I don't know if you paint anything or even own paints, so if you don't maybe go out, buy some paints, and thin them. I think the nascent Veeky Forums hive mind would be happy with that outcome.

Looks pretty fun. I'd swap the keyrune for another mana rock, unless the blocking/ability to sac it is that important. Maybe the 2 mana rocks if you feel you need it. For lands, I would highly advise finding spots for myriad landscape and ash barrens. They're both great and budget. Otherwise, I'd try to jam some graveyard hate in there. A nihil spellbomb, bojuka bog and nezumi graverobber/angel of finality would go a long way to having outs to graveyard shenanigans.

How angry will edhg be when damnation will be in standard?

I have ramp through Crypt Ghast and ill cut the Orzhov Guildgate for Cabal Coffers which is technically ramp. Should I be cutting other cards for more rocks?
My ramp in the deck and rocks are as follows
>Sol Ring, Orzhov Signet, Orzhov Keyrune, Gilded Lotus, Ashnods Altar, Phyrexian Altar, and Crypt Ghast

Ring: 1
Signet: 1
Keyrune: 0.5
Lotus: 0.5
Altars: 0.5 each
Ghast: 0.5

Add about 6 more GOOD ramp cards. Fellwar Stone, Thought Vessel, Mind Stone, maybe mana vault or even mana crypt if you're willing to go for a more expensive card, Coldsteel Heart, Marble Diamond, Charcoal Diamond, Prismatic Lens, Magnifying Glass if you're playing a longer game, maybe Worn Powerstone... there are many choices

But what cards do I cut for them? The worst card in the deck is Belfry Spirit so I suppose that

Also my biggest problem in the deck is its so heavy on color requirements that rocks like Sol Ring and Mana Crypt dont do as much as theyd normally do since I really need stuff like BBB or WWBB

Would benefit from Cataclysm and World Queller in there. Just getting either down is bad news for your opponents but it's a fucking miserable board state to try and play through if it happens together. That and having land destruction in general makes the children cry.

Glad because I can remove languish from my decks

Can someone explain to me why Balance isn't just universally hated, it's straight up banned even in Commander? Is it because of degenerate artifact mana decks intentionally building around it? Falling into MLD strategies? Simply sowing analpocalypse levels of salt among ramp players? Being too cheap for its effect?

I got one recently and I really wish it wasn't banned, though only because I can't come up with an easy way to abuse it to the point of being bannable.

reposing in a non dead thread.
what is the Cheapest commander i can build and have it be halfway decent.
i have 50$ and my play group keeps bitching that my zada deck is too strong

Zedruu? Most of what you need is in the gay kings precon (about $25 if you look around), then you can just throw in steel golem, bronze bombshell, illusions of grandeur, some "no maximum hand size" effects, and so on.

maybe ill look into it.
he seems interesting
thanks for the suggestion

That Bolas more than makes up for it. The board wipe is also pretty decent.

What's wrong with that Bolas? Looks pretty good to me.

I spent about $60 bucks building a Jarad deck last week and I like it so far

Also, I have been told UW Daxos is a blast for cheap

Because it makes children cry and that's apparently a no-no in Commander. Though more likely because you just go on artifact power, eat your lands for an effect and then Armageddon and Wrath for two.

that looks cool. got a list?

reanimators have a good power to cash ratio. BG, BR, BU or any combination are all good options. just put in all your favorite fatties, get them in your grave and reanimate them with good cheap reanimation cards like victimize and dread return and living death

Yeah, you can make the argument that decks built around using it + its low cost make it worse than, say, Ruination. Still kind of sad.

It's a little more expensive than $60 since I already had some of the cards but according to deckstats, it costs $81.65 but I got most of the cards off tcgplayer in heavily played condition

>pauper EDH 3
I rate it 8

oops forgot list tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jarad-lord-of-budget-1/

I would suggest BUG, using green for ramp, blue for critical control and card advantage.

Pack a lot of midrange EtB creatures and use reanimation liberally.

Sidisi works great for that. Just run a couple cheap zombie lords and enjoy all the free zombie tokens you get for just playing the deck

thanks bro

grenzo could be cool

you can build him for cheep if you want casual

Because it's Armageddon, Wrath of God and black Myojin for 2 mana.

You can just sit back and do whatever.

I wanted to get opinions on my newest idea.

I saw Jorael the other day and thought she would be awesome if she were part white so that she would have access to boardwipes. So I decided to go the secret commander route and put Captain Sisay at the helm so she can be reliably tutored.

The rest of my game plan is basically just running a stupid amount of wipes and ramp. The biggest problem I can see is getting cards in hand to discard, but with that in mind I am thinking mana doubling effects and just using lands for the discard. The only win con currently is a few anthem effects and token makers. I am purposly trying to go creature light, but if I have to add something like Craterhoof thats fine.

I'm just theory crafting at the moment, so all changes and new ideas are welcome. I am even wondering if it would be better to add black so that draw would be easier, and then reanimation could play a bigger role.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/secret-land-destruction/

I want to add a ton of more cards to my Mazirek deck, but I have no idea what to cut
Cards in Question are
>Hardened Scales
>Winding Constrictor
>Tireless Tracker
>Eldrazi Monument
>Perilous Forays
>Animate Dead
>Phyrexian Plaguelord
>Korozda Guildmage
>Rishkar, Peema Renegade
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/offering-to-the-flies/
It also feels like I have way too few/effective token producers. What should I cut, add or get?

Oh, and Old Ulamog

infect nekusar is that deck, force players to draw if they start getting out of line.

Wave of Vitriol could give your team a ton of counters but it would destroy a lot of your stuff too looks like

Why would I care, I already have mine

What the hell am I looking at? Is this what nin does to people? sauce?

>How fake are the HOD spoilers?
0%

I think that's a little much, user. I'll consider it in the future though.

Is Ramos Colorless or 5 color identity?

Instead of using her as a way to wipe someone's lands you can use her as a deterrent to wraths. Green can play a bunch of creatures and as long as you're holding up Jolrael and 3 mana no one is going to cast a boardwipe when they know you'll make them lose the game.

So it's fun when I play Razia's Bombardment and wipe the board clean?

Not really. He punishes all opponents and there isn't much you can do to change that.

He is 5 color. Color identity takes into account all mana symbols and colors on a card, not just their mana cost. Shu Yun is WUR for example.

I thought mana abilities didn't count towards Color Identity?

All of the mana symbols on the card, except for those in reminder text, count towards the color identity.

Trinisphere has a black mana symbol but the symbol is part of reminder text so Trinisphere is still colorless for its color identity. Blind Obedience is white color identity and Crypt Ghast is black color identity because extort only has the white/black mana symbol in the reminder text.

Shu Yun, Ramos, Thelon, and similar cards are multicolored color identity because of the mana symbols in their text.

I guess that's true.

Now if only I could get the fucking Johnny in my group to stop using off-color fetches.

I don't know why it irritates me, but it seems kinda counterpoint to the idea BEHIND EDH to use off-color fetches.

It's a very tryhard thing to do unless he is using them for landfall or some kind of similar effect. That said, I've done it in decks that benefited from it.

As in he'll play everything that has 'Island' or 'Plains' in his Ojutai deck. He's tryhard as fuck.

Even worse is the new rule that allows you to make mana in colors outside your color identity. So Chromatic Lantern, Darksteel Ingot, etc can be used to make ANY color mana and cast spells that aren't in your general's colors. I took a break from the game and missed the year when that change was made and it really seems bizarre. It only helps fringe cards.

It also takes into account all Color Identifiers that appear on double-faced cards. Elbrus, Binding Blade's identity is Black because of the dot placed next to the Card's supertypes on the transformed side of the card.

It's more intuitive and there wasn't much of a point to have that rule in the first place

Which is better in this Rakdos deck.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/evolution-of-rakdos-edh/

Reverberate or Imp's Mischief.

The reason they stopped having the "mana turns colorless" thing going on was because they made cards with colorless mana requirements. While it has to date been only for that set, they can do more at any time, and anus mana is supposed to be harder to come by, so they changed the rules back to how they always should have worked in the first place.

My meta is a little blue heavy, not so much on counterspells but just general annoyance. I need some anti-blue shenanigans like pic related

Carpet of blossoms
Boil

It makes people super salty if you drop this when they cantrip at EOT.

Little Witch Academia that scene is out of context and its an average

I wouldn't mind having mine altered with this art

That makes sense. I didn't think of how the rules really would change and make colorless mana work differently.

Colorless mana worked out pretty well, I hope they bring it back sometimes even if it is an akward combination of artifact and a 6th color. In an artifact deck they feel colorless but in a deck that runs no artifacts they are much more like a 6th color and lead to playing painlands and other cards specifically for the colorless mana ability.

Who'd be a good general for a Living Death type of deck?

Kokusho.

BUG Sidisi, Sedris.

Balthor the Defiled

I mostly made this just to shit on group hug decks. Go play a single player game if you're not trying to win.

>Lab Man decks aren't well tuned competitive
:^)

>Mono-white
>Fun

Wew, I must live in a backwards world, none are "fun"

what's the hostility level of your group? i received a reminder last game to not present any possible win condition without a way to protect yourself from dying

A large percentage of Magic players are socially incompetent. If you encounter someone who says something that could be interpreted as hostile, there's like a 50% change they were trying to joke around.

That said, there's a dude who occasionally plays at my store that always gets mad over minor things and says shit like "go fuck yourself" if you destroy one of his dudes. I just avoid playing with him or if I get stuck with him, I focus him until one of us is dead.

Infect player gets mad when I focus them out of the game. His whole deck revolves around Marchesa, dethrone and proliferate.

>>Stax deck
>>Fun for anyone other than you
Commander should be fun for everyone at the table user.
Furiously masturbating while no one else can play the game isn't fun

>Mono-red not at the absolute top of the Fun axis and middle-left of the Power Level axis

Shit graph

It depends if you're playing for anything. If it's just for fun, I kind of agree. Everyone should be aiming for the same power level with their decks. However, I'm sure a lot of groups have stax decks and still have fun because the other decks are built to handle it.

If you're playing for any kind of prizes, anything is fair game and fun is no longer a consideration. Only winning is.

It's around the bottom of "most decks" so I think that might be part of the point

I just wanted to shit on a few archetypes that I don't like.

The only deck I never take apart is my monored Squee deck. I agree that it's the most fun you can have in EDH.

Ah, ok