COINBASE DISASTER

It turns out Coinbase has MILLIONS of dollars worth of BTC trapped in tiny amounts that would cost more to move than they are worth.

twitter.com/LaurentMT/status/943624312304611329

twitter.com/TraceMayer/status/944211624960897029

twitter.com/MrHodl/status/944196554965028864

LEAVE COINBASE AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

This is not FUD, this is simple truth. It now makes sense that Coinbase has been jumping on every opportunity to destroy Bitcoin.

Why other exchanges don't have this problem?
They batch txs and consolidate UTXOs. Coinbase neglected to do this. Only significant blocksize increase would save them.

Remember, this is fresh news, it will get more exposure, don't be the last one to escape.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

>trapped in tiny amounts that would cost more to move than they are worth.
why is this? why would they do this? explain this to a brainlet pls.

This is why I went with Gemini.

Cause they give out free BTC with referrals, but its only 10 dollars worth.
Costs 30 dollars to make a transaction.

pls be happening

this is a nice analogy from twitter:

"fedex has your money divided in millions of small packages, delivery fee for each package is more than the money inside. you had the chance to ask fedex to combine them in larger packages when fees were lower but you were lazy."

shit. maybe this was the real operation dragon slayer. Kill btc in the yes of the normies, for this only exists in our hearts and minds

this is still fresh, but news sites will start to cover and we will have a bank run

Because they're incompetent.

>MILLIONS of dollars
Millions! Wow, Thats a lot of money!
How will this enormous bank cope with losing millions of dollars?

i got 5+ people with referrals.
never saw a dime of btc for it.
even setup 2 of them myself for the boomer senpai.
lmao.

Stop referring paupers. Its 10 dollars free after they spend 100 dollars.

This is so good, coinbase is shit and needed to be destroyed anyway

Okay, that sounds retarded. Why setup such an stupid system?

Any good european ecxhange, I used gdax, and gemini isn't avaiblable>

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ive been up for 30 hours and the happenings aint stopping

Truly a christmas miracle

COREKEKS UTTERLY FUCKING BTFO

This wouldn't be a problem if BCH was king

Brian Armstrong will cope by wiping his ass with 50s instead of 100s tonight.

>used gdax
>doesn't know it's coinbase

this

Flippening almost fully confirmed now

Core getting justed to hell and back

>Celebrating the death of the crypto market
Why? Do you even understand the implications? Every single coin is fucking done. Every purchase since may is a bag now. Good fucking job cashies. Congrats on this, seriously

should have used the real bitcoin and any of those retards would be trapped with a "store of value" that is worthless

Fucking finally, I went all in for the CB listing news and I've been getting judged non stop since then.

This is truly a Christmas miracle.

good coins are fine so far

Because they didn't realize that fees were going to be $30. $3 delivery fee on a $10 transaction didn't seem so bad, but look where we are now.

See you next month when everything except for BTC is x2 the current prices.

DOPE, POT, XRP all fine

Lol look at this holier than thou corecuck. Core dying will be fantastic for the market

>LEAVE COINBASE
More like leave BTC
This is exactly why BTC is worthless

What are you guys planning in order to take abuse of the Coinbase fuck up? Binance here

everything will die with Bitcoin except maybe Ripple, it hasn't crashed and it will have real world usage.

So... basically get your coins off coinbase if you have any as soon as you can and send to a private wallet?

I saw my 10$ worth every time.

True story

Im celebrating the death of the core devs who are to blame for ALL of this since they stopped BTC from on chain scaling as a stopgp until LN could be implementen.

Core forced Bitmains and the other bitcoin businesses hand into forking BCH
Core didnt care fees were exploding
Core didnt care mempool was filling

Now their slow shitcoin will suffer.

You can wait for lightning to be usable in 2019 but by then their incompetence will have ended BTCs marketshare.

This is on Core and the reddit cucks that mindlessly put up with the censorship of the block debate

bigblockers told them for 2 fucking years this shit would happen.

Now its too late

Serves them right and everybody that supported 1MB

How does this hurt Coinbase? The investors are stuck

yes

all their moves in the past months have been VERY VERY DESPERATE. They were planning to support segwit2x even after it was canceled. I thought Brian was butthurt but it turns out he's trying to save his ass.

No, BCH will become bitcoin because it is the true bitcoin.

this is actually true. that's why binance only lets you trade whole numbers. they keep the fractions to make money for themselves

>how does it hurt a bank to be insolvent

this.
lost 40$ today but it was worth it in happenings

This is actually huge lol

WoooaOOOOOooOOooOOoOAAAAAAHHHH three MILLLION DOLLARS?!?!?!?! That's sooo much money. Fuck off.

which we know of

Are my BTC safe on cuckbase or are they finna disappear

people will lose faith in the market if they see the top 10 year old coin failing

they have many other wallets like this.

its inevitable now. It has been for a while. the sooner we get rid of the BTC problem the better

We need a #1 that actually works on remaining functional at all times and cares about merchant adoption.

that doesn't answer the question. The fact that clients money is stranded doesn't hurt the bank

to be clear i dont care which coin it is. Money skelly is fine too. Just stop letting BTC represent the crypto space with its crippled tx issues they rcreated on purpose or out of ignorance.

We do and it just got added to CB this week. Wait until Q1 and everything will switch. About to see bch pairs on exchanges.

Should have stuck with the real Bitcoin.

1) it will stop making money
2) it will be sued for the stranded money

Lol, that's some serious core delusion man. All that money is just gonna flow into the usable bitcoin, BCH.

This will all be hilarious by spring. We'll joke about how we used to pay $30 fees to send $5 and thought it was the future.

Ok fuckers. I’m a few weeks into this. I bought on cuckbase and sent everything to binance but how can I get more coin without cuckbase? No one ever responds when I ask.

mark my words. corecucks will vanish and the entirety of Veeky Forums will pretend they were with BCH from the getgo

After it flows into BCH people will simply think of BCH as the good ol BTC

Direct large deposits in to adressess with small amounts. Consolidate those addresses once fees are manageable in relation to the amount moved.

retard, not even gigabyte blocks per second would cover a fraction of the the world transactions. BCH is not the future. You need to scale off chain.

gemini if you are USA

That BTC worth $10 then is now worth hundreds of dollars you blithering cretin.

It is small amounts, they can't be sued because they are stopping customers from taking out their money, it just cost more in commissions than it's worth. They arnt losing customers because the customer is already broke.

Wtf - bch taken off cuck base

big blocks can work just fine for 2-3 years of nice growth
Thats the time we need to implement Lightning, Graphene, sharding....

Time core was unwilling to buy with 2MB blocks

Yeah and I'm sure we'll see a huge shift on plebbit as well.

I don't give a fuck though, I've hedged properly and now stand a very good chance of coming out on top of this steaming shit pile of a market right now. I'm just wondering when it will start mooning now.

waaat

why do you want to do that? Pick another exchange, but you still have to pay the piper
t.coinbase

I'm more concerned about today and tomorrow, not 2 years down the road. BCH will at least work in the meantime, they can developed other solutions while having a fully functional coin.

Go look. I will hold my BCH with an iron fucking fist. Maybe they sold out?

it will take a while before anything will moon imho.
Many are just now waking up to the crash. Theres too much news right now for a push

I withdrew my Ether, worry intensifies.

gdax still seems to trade

>Maybe they sold out?

It's true, it's not showing now on the dashboard

>MILLIONS of dollars worth of BTC
Don't worry, it'll only be worth thousands in a few days

i would IF I COULD

BCH BTFO!

you can't unbloat the chain after you bloat it. it would take weeks to sync a new node and bandwidth in some areas is very expensive

There will be a blocksize increase, but it will bundled with new features, the less hardforks the better.

yep i tried selling mine yesterday but they literally locked it.

the locks have been going on and off due to volume, but it's not even a ghost option now

out of all possible exchanges it was coinbase that was mtgox 2.0

>Don't worry, it'll only be worth thousands in a few days

That's what Coinbase is hoping for. All their actions make sense now.

I think it's the opposite. Was taking off nicely again withoht eu/BCH or btc/BCH pairs.

8MB for a few years is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
You realize the plan is to run BTC for well over a hundred years? Your response is a non-argument

Gemini, Bitstamp, or kraken

Core is ok with 8 mb. They just don't want to waste a hardfork for just a blocksize increase. There are many new features being implemented and will be bundled with the blocksize increase.

FLIPPENING has commenced.

BCC is going up. BTC is going down.
Don't miss this chance morons.

You pajeets are in full force today

FWIW coinbase is FDIC insured assuming you're in usd

Bitcoin was DESIGNED to behave this way from the beginning.
Who do you think created it?
You really think it was a lone genius hackerman who wanted to throw off the shackles of the banking system?
The banks were behind it FROM THE BEGINNING.
There are MULTIPLE ways that it is designed to fail.
This is one of them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

RU sure

>HEH DUMB COREKEKS BTCH IS THE FUTURE
>Wants to kick the can further down the road.
Let's be honest Bcash has all of the downsides but none of the positives of BTC.

BCH is back on Coinbase, just a glitch

>hurr durr ((((they)))) invented bitcoin and designed it to fail with utxo

you are beyond deluded with that statement.

this

suddenly it all make sense.

I was wondering why the fuck would they risk their reputation like that just to push a fucking altcoin

I'm a nocoiner so probably have no idea how it works, but in the past when I've used bitcoin for a couple transactions there were no fee's required. Is the fee just to speed up the transaction and they could wait a longer period of time to move the bitcoins or is it required now?

There there. Keep watching the dancing shadows on the cave wall, friendo.

nobody here knows what advantages/downsides you are talking about

Wew, bch gambit is beyond genius. it's actually working this well.