Has any Dark Eldar slave(s) ever escaped Commorragh?

Has any Dark Eldar slave(s) ever escaped Commorragh?

Ephrael Stern, the Thrice-Born

Not without the Dark Eldar intentionally allowing it, no.

technically yes but usually it is at the result of dark eldar trying to dick over other dark eldar

there was that one sister of battle

Ciaphas Cain mentioned escaping the Deldar once.

Commorragh is such a huge place that somewhere, somehow, it -must- have happened. The Dark Eldar are far too divisive and disorganised (on a greater scale, rather than within the Kabal itself) to be the perfect jailors. A prisoner might escape during a Kabal gang war, or a coup/civil-war. They might escape during a Wych Arena match that gets out of hand, as they sometimes do. I'm not even including all the times were the escape is engineered by the Dark Eldar themselves.

Escaping from Commorragh itself is much more difficult, no webway gate is likely to be left at all unguarded. For a Craftworld Eldar or Exodite it would be easy enough, just walk right up to one of the millions of Corsair ships hanging around there and get passage on one of the more reliable ones. Even a human, tau or some other race might manage the same if they pilfered a little of the wealth of a disorganized or destroyed Kabal.

No he mentioned being part of a military operation on a Deldar Station. He's never been to Commoragh, and never been a slave. He saw what he described as a Eldar Reaver "Charnel Pit" (Caves of Ice).

I imagine most human/Tau etc slaves who escape just join a pirate crew or similar to get out. and then they are guests not slaves.

I've always wanted to do a multi-species army(eldar, tau, kroot, humans, etc...) of former Dark Eldar slaves who simply formed such a strong bond in their shared enslavement that after they escaped they stay together out of a sense of comradery after having survived that hell.

They'd fly around as pirates, raiding and pillaging to survive, and always trying to fuck with Dark Eldar every time they come across their former tormenters.

Maybe if 8th shows more allies rules after the codexes start coming out.

>somehow convince the Drukhari I'm better off as a skilled slave-menial than a life extending torture puppet
>20 year plan of survival working through the chains to a corsair raidimg ship
>manage to gtfo of commoragh
>menial on a planetary raid gone wrong
>abandoned during evacuation
>turned in by locals to the PDF after alias is blown
>turned over to the inquisition
>become torture puppet
there is no escaping fate ;(

That would make a interesting campaign.

>Eldar is smaller
Every time.

That's at least what the Dark Eldar say

You know, usually I'm the one who goes "reee" over people fantasizing about 40k races representatives, but hell, that would be pretty fucking amazing. Throw a friendly gretchin in there who prefered to stay with those guys after escaping rather than return to ork camp and get kicked around by the boys. Giving him a Styx personality would work wonders.

God damn that would make a for a cool campaign and story if the escape itself was written properly.

* people fantasizing about 40k races representatives being friendly to each other

also here is a Styx pic that I wanted to attach to previous post

Wasn't there something about the orks crashing a space hulk into Commorragh in 999.M41?

>gretchin
>leaving orks

They hate it, but they are also genetically designed to do that shit by the old ones. Gretchin and other shit literally spawn from ork spores because Orks carry their own ecosystem with them.

Yeah. I think Azubrael or whatever his name is orchestrated it to gain power and bleed other kabals dry and getting rid of his less than loyal people in his own kabal. Unless I'm thinking of when space marines went in there and tore shit up.

Either way the orks have fun tearing shit up but ultimately die.

She's just a little girl. She needs to eat her porridge to grow.

I don't think they really have a choice. If grots leave orks, most of the time they'll end up getting eaten by fauna/killed by orks. Grots stay with orks because orks offer them protection. If someone else could provide protection then I can see a grot living on his own.

Also aren't grot revotionaries a thing? (not wide spread but existing nonetheless)

IIRC Vect did a similar thing with the Salamanders too. Dunno if it was Commoragh, or a different DE webway city.

>my lord, we're under attack!
>what is it? wyches? haemonculi bred monsters? mandrakes?
>space marines, my lord!
>...
>are you okay my lord?
>MOTHERFUCKING VECT!

The beauty of it was that they didn't know he planned it - he stole a Salamanders ship, but left the portal open - when the more powerful lords confiscated the strike cruiser all he had to do was wait.
Then 3 marine ships, led by a Salamander battle barge, invaded Commorragh and caused a shit-ton of damage getting the Salamander cruiser back (and with some of the marines alive even), and his forces were nowhere near the devastation.
It was perhaps the most successful imperial raid on Commorragh

That'd be pretty cool - they don't turn up much, because it's a game of armies, but mercenaries and space pirates are definitely a thing, and definitely cool

Someone the other day was asking what would best represent a Rogue Trader, and I think the same answer would make sense here - an "inquisitorial" army, with lots of allies could make a seriously motley group of space pirates

Going by existing Xenos/pirates there's Kroot, maybe Vespid, Ork Freebooterz, Eldar Corsairs, possibly even Deldar that's heavy on archon's court (pic related) and Beastmasters

Not really escaped, but Asdrubael Vect himself was originally a slave

Why did Vect refuse to fight Jain Zar?

>Catachan
>Space Marine whose battle-brothers all died
>CSM from a more moderate legion (lets say Night Lords)
>Orkboy who respects the space marine because it's bigger and he has nobody else
>Eldar
>Kroot
>Tau
>Hrud
>Some sort of non-humanoid alien

could be cool

Fluff in the 3e codex had a recounting from an escaped slave.

I'd say it only happens if you're either too much trouble to keep around or somehow manage to prove valuable to the Eldar. If you look at the two canon examples of 'mon-keigh' who entered Commoragh as slaves but 'escaped':

Lucius was let go when they got bored of his "reincarnate into the one who kills him" schtick (and couldn't kill him for good).

Fabius Bile attracted the attention of a bunch of haemonculi who found his experiments amusing, and they invited him over for a cultural exchange instead of giving him a taste of his own medicine.

>>CSM from a more moderate legion (lets say Night Lords)
Dude, fucking learn your lore.

Didn't realise he did, got a source for the story? Wouldn't mind reading it

But most likely because hes not a phoenix lord and she would best him in a fight, hes more of a plotting calculating asshole who plays the long game

>night lords
nah, would probably an alpha legion soldier who got lost and decided to join them.
also make the space marine a scout for fun

Yes.
Vect was born a slave. Now he runs the place and shits on everyone under Corespur.

>she

The Jain Zar novel that just came out like a few weeks ago.

That would make one hell of a space opera

>why did Vect, the xanatos chess supreme asshole whose superpower is tricking people into doing his dirty work for him, not fight the pheonix lord of screaming and cutting people in half

gee user I don't know

maybe because she/he/whatever would WRECK HIS SHIT and Vect is one of the few intelligent personalities in 40k who rules by cunning rather than strength?

Pretty much this :
The broad answer is yes.
As to the how and why, like much in 40K, it's a matter of perpective.

Because Vect isn't a moron?
If push came to shove he's pay Lelith or somehow get Drazhar to fight for him instead

That's possible, I think? IIRC, didn't the Grey Knights organisation get started by Alpha Legion loyalists that bailed on their traitor fellows?

Drizzt

>drukhari
lol what a drone

>legion that doesn't outright murder its serfs

Nah one of the saner members of the first claw would probably go for it

Nah user that was the knight errant who drew dudes from tonnes of legions, the first of which was a death guard but none were from the 20th legion

I remember an old thread where we imagined a not-spartacus revolt in Commoragh after a demon invasion weakened the DE.
The end result was a new Commoragh with:
> the usual DE part
> a "free" part of old slaves trapped in the city
> Also a craftworld aspect citadel build there after craftworlders lead by harlequin "helped" the city.
The DE tolerate the slave slums to fuck with each others, the craftworlders used the pretext of watching over demons to take control of more of the webways and the slaves try the best to stay alive and, for the most optimistic, find a way out. The slaves aren't united anymore naturally and various subfactions existed.

There was a commissar who led a slave uprising that managed to destroy the Kabal they had captured them.

>Night Lords
>moderate legion

>but they are also genetically designed to do that shit by the old ones

Maybe a genetic abnormality then or a genetic experiment of deldar?

Aun'shi.

Dunno if it was a same or different one, but there was a story about, I think, a Weirdboss who got to the city, freed a bunch of Orks, and tore shit up, leveling a whole section of the city,before being killed and the surviving Orks put back to slavery

Cool idea. Very cool.

Word Bearers did it in Omnibus

>Bothered by the short Eldar
>Not the midget Space Marine

That, or everybody else in the picture is YUGE.

pragmatic

>Night Lords
>Moderate

Nigger, entire planets surrender if they even hear a rumor that they're somewhere in the system.

Because she'd push his shit in.

I doubt there is a single fighter in Commoragh that could best Pain Jane. Isn't she pretty much confirmed for best duellist in the galaxy?

What about the incubus guy, the one everyone thinks if a Phoenix Lord himself?

Night Lords aren't DUDE CHAOS LMAO

Listen to user.

Everyone who dismisses Night Lords as MUH EVIL CHAOS SPEES MEHREEEENS is fucking retards.

There is a reason why Night Lords are the way they are

Yeah, because they are all former murderers and rapists n shieeeet

WE
WUZ
KILLERS

I just assume that's a regular human in power armor. Though colir scheme and pauldron heraldry might be Dark Angel, the general picture looks just like human lucky enough to own such a thing.

It's a guy in normal powered armor. The Rogue Trader armory has it listed.

You never really 'escape' from Commoragh.