Flames of War General /fowg/:Milan Spam Edition

No Complaining about the shit image since the thread has been left dead for hours.

Flames of War SCANS database:
mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current Veeky Forums fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
panzerfunk.podbean.com/
Panzerfunk questions: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeOBxEJbNzS_Ec7I76zQmCU9P7o0C5bAgcXriKQ4bOWBp4QkA/viewform

vimeo.com/128373915

flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
strawpoll.me/4631475

What actual country are you from?
strawpoll.me/4896764

/fowg/ Approved Media list. Add your favourites!
docs.google.com/document/d/1Tthy5-Au4ZF3zuojHiP53Y6-A0p8iuI6xSdMNre0cbw/edit#heading=h.g7ruxmniskpg

docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing an "i want to get a starter set" for late war.

Do you play TANKS? what is the local scene / meta like? (multi)
strawpoll.me/12127794/r

/fowg/ Discord
discord.gg/BfbxDSp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1mG3BvkT6YQ
team-yankee.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5637
theflamescorner.blogspot.co.nz/2017/06/flames-of-war-25-pounder-field-troop.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last Thread
javascript:quote('53421751');

/NVA/
youtube.com/watch?v=1mG3BvkT6YQ

m8

>macro banner

nasty....

You fucks had all day to make a thread.

some of us work....

no, wait...

MOST of us work.

I'll admit I've been inattentive to the thread recently, but my attention has been in about 12 places at once lately...

So, what have people been working on hobby wise?

I've been assembling a ton of PSC Panzer IIIs recently.

Nothing! I finished basing the last of my rifle stands but I'm having trouble getting more stuff. I don't trust shipping stuff to my apartment because I live in a shithole, and I can't find a store locally that will even order something for me - let alone carry it on the shelves. Closest place is currently 2 hours away.

>putting polarized light film to leopard 2
Awesome looking.

You gotta add some extra bits to those.

That is a very interesting effect. I like it.

Very interesting! I think it looks good

Anything about Red Thunder?

Russiaboos will still not be happy

team-yankee.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5637
Am I the only one getting a distinct GW feel from this?

The soviets still lack a decent tank list so that would be why.

Adding the cheap armoured cars and Shturm is something, but they're still going to be best on infantry lists.

Are the cards in the scan link?

I don't believe anyone has scanned the new card packs yet.

My group is fed up with the problems with TY so we have started to experiment with limiting the points to 85 but reducing the points cost of tanks by 1 pt per tank for all tanks in all factions.

Essentially this let's an armored player have the same number of tanks they would have at 100 but at 85, while ATGM spam has less points to work with.

I'm also advocating for increasing the cost of all missile AA by 1 point per vechile with infantry AA missiles exempted.

Thoughts?

It's something to try.

It seems like it might be a bit excessive, but it might be something to try out.

So never forget Team Yankee? unless they do what GW after chaos won the the old black crusade campaing years ago (forget about it). warpact will be completely raped.

They said "Chaos won on the ground but the imperials won the space war in Gothic so it's a stalemate".

yeah but we had to wait for what?more than 10 years for a retcon?

I like it, very interesting

>team-yankee.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5637

i've never liked firestorm.

though, this looks like a campaign that will be ran this late-summer/fall. i have a stiffy for campaign play, even mass-campaigns. so, i may bite.

the last 2 campaigns i played in were all right.

i have yet to be a Russian player in Team Yankee. i have offered to build lists and then switch with my opponent, for real.
i think the problem really lies in:
--NATO ATGM strength and availability
--the prevailing attitude in culture now-adays. i'm sorry, we've had far more assholes now than when i was young. gaming used to be mostly fun and B&P. with the rise of tournament centric gaming and the web-culture propelled WAAC groups, we will have dissenters.

Warpac/Soviet players have the biggest reason to be that in Battlefront made games. however. i do say their reasons are often true....

did i ever post about my 2 recent team yankee games? NATO won both

I don't understand. This is just a firestorm campaign. Nothing is going down in any sort of fluff.

Or is the point that the soviets are going to get tabled? i think if they consistently attack Americans they can break though.

Well you mean -1 point for 3 T-55s?
Or zero point for 4 T-55s, 1 point for 5 t-55s.
I am okey with FREE T-55, lol.

>Influence the history of Team Yankee as the Firestorm campaign evolves. Where will the front lines be when the NATO counterattack happens in our next campaign?

I know it is still only a posibility, but since this game is completely fictional without much fluff and since BF went full GW, i think they will use it as a excuse to make new fluff.

For example with the next campaign, where "NATO counterattack happens" can be used as an intro for the USA suplement and maybe an announcement for another NATO book.

>Or is the point that the soviets are going to get tabled? i think if they consistently attack Americans they can break though.

Not enought people play with Warpact forces and in this kind of "multiplayer" driven systems, the games tends to be full of bias and cheese spam like when it happened in the Black Crusade.

>hey dudes, check out my force!
>HQ tank and 3 units if 3 T55's
> .....1 pt.

>times PV of the game....

ultimate trollbox.

Thread's dead, lets inject some hot opinions.

it's the weekend and most of us are grown men, we have wives or gf's

Yeah...most of us have wives or gf's, even parties to go to on the weekends...yeah.

Normies on Veeky Forums should be gassed desu. Don't care about your personal life, didn't ask.

>most of us are grown men, we have wives or gf's

Where the hell did all the dice/token sets go? I can't find them on GF9 or Flames of War stores.

I'm going to disagree with two of these. The change to command teams I think is the best. Now instead of a lucky hit fucking you over and preventing you from being able to move the platoon at all, now it's just the lost of the HQ weapon. So no more Magic Panzerfausts either.

And the No-HE change, sure it's a bit strange, but it makes things like, well basically anything with a 2pdr useful again. It's so frustrating being unable to shoot things with your main gun.

Both of those objections are rooted in what happened IRL. I could see letting No HE guns engage Gun Teams at a penalty (you can take out the gun itself), but letting them engage infantry is silly. For the morale thing, I've read many accounts where the officers in charge died and whole companies got held up until another commander came in and told them what to do. As much as it is a pain for me, as I don't play germans, it's historically accurate.

I see where you are going. Maybe the campaign system itself will help even things for the Soviets. Maybe they will actually get to exploit the numbers advantage they had... either that or we'all get cheers'd again.

>autistic screeching intensifies

This is amazing. You should magnetize the face so you can swap them out with other expressions.

Well if soviets players go full fanatic and tryhard, maybe we can get better things. Maybe we will be able to get some T-80s in 1 to 2 years

>the prevailing attitude in culture now-adays. i'm sorry, we've had far more assholes now than when i was young. gaming used to be mostly fun and B&P. with the rise of tournament centric gaming and the web-culture propelled WAAC groups, we will have dissenters.
>Warpac/Soviet players have the biggest reason to be that in Battlefront made games. however. i do say their reasons are often true....
Wat? The current WAAC list is Panzertruppen.

Token sets are changing, so they've been pulled.

I mean there is the BMP spam, but you could definitely put Leo 1 spam and Million Milan lists into the same basket.

I need someone to do maths for me.

Assuming that the table is perfectly flat, and that the enemy is retarded and has no AT guns overwatching the position, we have 49 Crusader Tanks at our disposal.

Two of the universal carriers can be six inches away from their commander, and then because of spearhead eight inches around them becomes part of your deployment zone. The Carriers are roughly an inch by an inch.

The question is, mathematically what is the highest density of Crusader tanks one can achieve with a single spearhead.

Crusader Armoured Squadron HQ:
2x 2pdrs
2x 3"

Crusader II platoon
3x Crusaders
Crusader II platoon
3x Crusaders
Crusader II platoon
3x Crusaders
Crusader II platoon
3x Crusaders
Crusader II platoon
3x Crusaders

x3

Universal Carriers.

100 points, $1125 spent on tanks.
49 tanks and three Carriers.

I'm not sure BMP-spam is good so much as mech inf are generally better than tanks everywhere in TY. The T-72 is overcosted but US mech is better than Abrams companies, M113 Panzergrens are better than panzerkompanies, and brits get milan spam.

back of envelope calc says you can make a spearhead roughly eight inches deep by twenty inches wide, so roughly 160-40(corners)=120 square inches/Crusaders assuming you don't care about arty and the Spearheaders are on the border of your deployment. If you can put them 8 inches from your deployment, you can double that number.

Say, did anyone ever talk to Phil about the ahistorical Stillbrew upgrade? Or was that done and subsequently Cheers'ed away?

>German troops flank a British platoon during the battle of berlin
>British platoon
>Battle of Berlin

The power of Cheers transcends time and space to pull out goodies for all the good NATO boys and girls and take away ERA from all the naughty little commies.

The horde ready for sprays of grey undercoat and tankovy green

You're not gonna do your mig21s in pimpin' silver?

I'm one of these weirdos I'm afraid..

nigger, i meant Soviets are DISSENTERS
>caused by WAAC

reading comprehension, slag!

so is someone going to post the new cards or what?

It takes like +1 month delay or more for mys tore to get stuff.

I'd scan them, but I am not going to give Battlefront money for shitty cash grab/DLC ideas.

I would have PREFERED a shitty cash grab/DLC idea. This is just Call of Duty: Tabletop edition.

one guy buys, the rest of FOWchan get theirs for free.

cheers!

When we have a copy in the database we'll make an announcement.

Until then, be patient.

i will probably get the command cards for DAK.

chances are it will be a bit, as i haven't dropped by GAJO to see what's in, but since i'm betting release date is after my pay-day, i should be good. i will scan and release.

>Playing 2000 points as Soviet against a wehraboo
>Friendly match. I know he's bringing several heavy cats so I don't want to screw him over by bringing IL-2 Tip 3M

Thinking about trying to run this hero Tankovy list. Trying to use infiltrate to be a sneaky breeki and do some flanking. Will attempt to use movement orders to minimize amount of fire taken.

Any thoughts or things I should change?

```Compulsory Hero Tankovy Brigada HQ (Regular) (p.39) - CinC T-34/85 obr 1944 (85 pts)

Compulsory Hero Tankovy Company (Regular) (p.39) - Command T-34/85 obr 1944, 3x T-34/85 obr 1944 (330 pts)

Compulsory Hero Tankovy Company (Regular) (p.39) - Command T-34/85 obr 1944, 3x T-34/85 obr 1944 (330 pts)

Hero Tankovy Company (Regular) (p.39) - Command T-34 obr 1942, 3x T-34 obr 1942 (230 pts)

Hero Anti-tank Company (Regular) (p.45) - Command Rifle, 4x 57mm ZIS-2 gun (150 pts)

Hero Medium Assault Gun Company (Regular) (p.51) - Command SU-100, 2x SU-100 (320 pts)

Hero Spetsnaz Platoon (p.53) - Command SMG, 4x SMG, 3x Captured Sd Kfz 251 half-track (170 pts)
- Replace Command SMG with Command Panzerfaust SMG (10 pts)

Hero Motostrelkovy Company (Regular) (p.43) - Command SMG, 8x SMG (160 pts)
- Maksim HMG (25 pts)
- 2x Replace SMG with Panzerfaust SMG (20 pts)

Hero Heavy Mortar Company (Regular) (p.48) - Command Rifle, 4x 160 obr 1943 mortar (145 pts)
- Observer Rifle (15 pts)

1990 Points, 8 Platoons```

I see no obvious flaws with it, but I'll admit I'm not an expert on Soviets.

theflamescorner.blogspot.co.nz/2017/06/flames-of-war-25-pounder-field-troop.html

Review on the new Plastic 25pdr field troop

>Hero Anti-tank Company (Regular) (p.45) - Command Rifle
no, or are you playing 3rd?

Fowlists Blogspot uses old compositions for gun teams.

wow what?
>yes am store no refuse sell product
nice shithole m8

maybe don't play with WAACfucks

You could mix some 76s in with the 85s to take some heat off the 85s with the Mistaken Target rule. But try to retain 3 platoons, 'cause that nice to have in v4.

you know, that is a good idea, it's just that it's more expensive to upgrade a few T-34s in each company than it is to upgrade them all, so I would likely have to lose 1 T-34/85 for a /76. Might be worth it to have ablative armor though.

New plastics bump

Taking three T-34/85s and one 76 is 320 points, while four T-34/85s is 330 points. I don't think the 10 points is worth it.

New plastics are not bad for its scale, imo.

Some are fine... some look like they are from Whoville if we are being generous.

Baby Motor rifles are done lads, but Rpg7s didnt arrive yet

I have a bunch of those H&R Motor Rifles to do and really like how you did yours. What colours did you go for on the uniform? And did you build all colours from a dark brown base coat?

Thanks lad, the method I followed is basically this
>Base-coated black but I think any colour will do
>steel legion drab on the base dry-brushed with vallejo buff
then for the guys
>vallejo khaki grey base-coat
>vallejo dark flesh for faces and hands
>wash with agrax
>uniforms highlighted with german camo beige (its a bit light for the russian uniform colour, but its tough to get any kind of contrast at this scale without straying from truly accurate colours)
>helmets and heavy weapons in a russian green/warboss green mix
>rifles are leadbelcher with bestial brown for the bakelight mags
>little pouches picked out with vallejo buff
>patches in wazdakka red

Thats the exact colours I used, but the colours for the equipment and stuff probably doesnt matter too much.

Cool, I don't have any GW paint but your technique suits my style so I will emulate :-)

> OP Image for ants.

It would be a British Milan section.

When does Red Thunder come out guys?

July 8th

Thanks. I hate BF's store, you go on the pre-orders and it doesn't even tell you when stuffs out.

yeah, it's shit.

try ordering during a sale.

No kidding. The Vietnam sale a few years back had absolutely god awful stock and back order issues.

>Vietnam
I miss playing vietnam.

People played Vietnam?

Isn't that why they had the sale in the first place?

They had the sale, so we played it.

I still hate myself for not getting all the WWI British and Germans I would have ever needed there and then.

Our group got pretty into it but there were only two PAVN players.

That's the main problem I see with 'nam stuff in general; no-one wants to be the baddies.

But the US are really popular?

Being less sarcastic I think it's more that the north doesn't have any cool toys like the US and ANZACs do.

That, and the asiatic hordes problem (namely that you seem to need a shit-ton of stuff to get points)

this isn't from the christmas truce.

i had been reading a lot into Ho Chi Minh during university and thought a NVA army would be cool until i realized they were just going to be EW soviets in coolies.
its a pity really. i liked the look of their models.

I was interested in getting VC until I found out everyone else interested in 'nam wanted to get Australian armour. That killed my interest pretty quick.

Pure armour is easy, platoons are tiny and easily ambushed.

>Christmas Truce.jpg
I don't want to be That Guy but despite the filename that pic is definitely not from the Christmas Truce of 1914. The absence of snow and the fact the German is wearing a M1916 kind of give that away. In fact, it was taken after the Battle of Épehy in September 1918. The two Germans we can see were among the 11,000 prisoners captured by the Allies; the "Tommys" are most probably Australians because they led the attack. Interesting to note the guys looking up, perhaps a plane was passing overhead.

I have seen several photos of fraternizing troops over the years labelled as the "Christmas Truce", when in fact only a handful of blurry pictures of that event are confirmed (see pic related). They naturally show Brits in caps and Germans in picklehaubes. Also it is clearly very cold and snow in visible in some pics Every other picture of fraternizing you find, like the one above, is almost always of a prisoner and his captors.

I know it isn't.

There aren't any images of the Christmas truce like that. But this is a thread for model soldiers not /hist/.

If you want the truth it's a wounded British soldier at a British field hospital during the Battle of Épehy, near the end of the First World War (1918). Photo: Lt. Thomas K. Aitken, British Army photographer/Imperial War Museums.