Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1532: Veni, Vidi, Salui Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6inwzOooXRU
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51638184/#51644576
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I Came, I Saw, I Jumped?

Just checking, but Remiu is shit waifu, right?

Any redeeming qualities, or just don't bother?

Okay, so assuming we bought the Horcrux with CP to avoid the whole soul-tearing muh-evil problem, in the event of dying how do you get your body back?

Gold star.

is this guy correct ->

Well, you could always possess some poor unfortunate soul until you can duplicate the ritual that voldemort used.

Or get some philosophers stone equivalent. Or maybe make a body yourself with some clarktech or other kind of magic?

A combination of Geneforge, Prototype, Vicissitude stuff that I tricked out of a Tzimisce in Vampire, general sci-fi superscience from several jumps
c some time dilation magitech that's a bit slapdash but works, and a small continent's worth of land that just continuously grows biomass to feed into everything. All of it set up in Disgaea's netherworld, which was merged with several other pocket dimensions for space concerns mostly.

The orphans mostly come from Black Bullet because I couldn't bear the thought of letting them go. Some are kids I rescued from various places where they would have otherwise died. A lot of the ghosts are actually children too, from the Generic Horror Jump. Basically I took that one Drawback that continuously sends creepy ghost kids to fuck with you, and just kept healing/binding their souls. A bit dangerous but it got the job done. So now they're my kids too. Most of the other ghosts are amalgamate spirits held together by curses that tear apart anything that seems too foreign.

And the mass murder and enslavement + eating souls + binding weaker souls into tortured wraiths + people that I didn't bother to lobotomize before turning them into sentient mechanisms for my meat grinders would probably be a good place to start on becoming a better person.

You wouldn't.

That depends on whether you want a How ya like me na perk or not.

Just make sure you offer the baby making factory and don't ask any questions.

Let the indoctrination begin.

I just have to import my Pokemon to give them human form right?

By the way how intelligent would you say a pokemon is?

It varies a lot. In the show most Pokemon seem almost as smart as humans, while in the games it tends to vary a lot more.

>By the way how intelligent would you say a pokemon is?
Are we using show or game intelligence. The show has them about as smart as humans with a similar range of intelligence more based on what kind of pokemon they are. The game has a much wider range, from animal like to smarter than people.

I want a pack of Transforming Wolves. That shit made me laugh way too hard.

Yes. And it varies, so apply light fanwank.

Can't they only remember 4 moves, max?
That's a pretty fucking dumb animal.
A smart dog can learn dozens of tricks.

Reimu is a great waifu for cuddles and armpit sex. Incredibly smart, attractive, lazy, kind of an asshole. Who wouldn't a Reimu?

No way am I going to try that. I may try to make a jump but I just thought it would be a nice thing to try. I haven't made a jump before so I won't claim it but I am going to try my hand later and might make something of it.

Just make sure you give them time to grow up first

> you can import pokemon to make them people
you have shown me a whole new world

Save the middle one from despair, waifu her first.

Jumpchain, why do birds fly?

>Armpit sex
...wat?

DON'T ASK!

Because walking is boring.

Oh you sweet summer child.

I AM ASKING.

Because a volant lifestyle, despite having higher energy demands, also gives a creature the ability to cover a wider area in search of food and better ability to avoid predators. Flight capability has been independently evolved at least four times in Earth's history, so effective is it as an adaptation.

Could someone please post Marvel Magic? It doesn't seem to be on the drive.

Reimu's costume excites some people for reasons most of us can't understand.

imagine pic related, but the targeted limb is MUCH smaller

But thou must.

Part of the fanon for Reimu is that she has really sexy armpits.

>Insects
>Birds
>Bats
What's the fourth?

Pteronodons.

Ah.

...I mean I think those are nice shoulders but my mind goes to, like... rubbing them.

Not armpit sex.

...I see. Then if that is your answer, this knowledge is not for you.

That reminds me, wasn’t Valeria working on a jump for the Witchblade anime?

Because they missed the ground when they fell.

>HP as first jump.
>Roll d100 for how my first day at school went: 1... _FML_.
>Bad news, killed by shifting stairs while rubbernecking.
>Good news, had bought a Horcrux, chain not over.
>Bad news, haven't learnt How To Possess Someone 101, never mind How To Make A New Body 403.
>Good news, still attending Hogwarts as a ghost.
>Bad news, can only read the books over someone's shoulder.
>Good news, Hermione takes pity on me.
>Bad news, Hermione takes pity on me.
>Good news, able to give not-Gandalf spoilers so Voldemort is ganked early.
>Bad news, not-Gandalf won't teach me HTMANB403 because only ritual known is Dark Magic.
>10 Years Later. New jump. FINALLY NEW BODY!
>Roll d100 for how my first day went. 1...
>Arghlbarghle.

Whoooa, that's way bigger than expected, impressive. And it's hidden in a pocket dimensions so it can conveniently be wherever you want.

Do you have any caretakers on hand to help you raise them all? Have some grown up and they're doing that? You also got a kind of steady income of more and more ghosts that may or may not be a potential threat, that's cool. I do love the sounds of these cursed amalgamate ghosts too

I mean yeah, you have a point there. Any particular reason you're looking to become a better person? Personal responsibilities, trying to set a good example for your waves of children?

What, you wanted some poetic nonsense about how birds desire the freedom of the sky or some shit like that? Nope, it's evolutionary advantage. They might get upset if denied their evolutionary advantage, most animals do, but it's not the reason they fly.

> not having armpit hair

>you have shown me a whole new world
Yeah importing them gives them a human altform.

I don't think so. It'd be awesome if she was, but I don't think she is.

Or whatever else is the default body of that jump. I can think of a few where it would give them something else.

Just like me, they long to be, close to you?
youtube.com/watch?v=6inwzOooXRU
Close enough.

I saw the Generic Cartoon Toon World jump in the drive as v1.0. I thought that was still in WIP? there were some comments I was going to make the next time it was posted.

>This perk and it’s associated Toon-discount-perks stays active as long as you are in a Toon body. After the jump you can switch to your “Toon” body or back at will. Your Toon body counts as an alt form in future jumps.
remove this since toon perks can be taken by non toons. And specify your toon ability can so applied to other forms you have. So if you have a Dragon form you can be come a toon dragon, if you have a Orc form you can become a toon Orc. Basically 'toon' is a modifier you can apply to all your forms to toonify them.

>Born a Toon
Shouldn't offer CP since death by old age shouldn't be an issue before the jump ends. Also should't shut off outside jump age manipulation abilities; there is no reason for it.

>Deadly Eraser (+400cp, can’t be taken if you have the “Eraser Immunity” perk)
unless the Eraser vulnerability goes away once the jump ends (which is not stated), then Eraser Immunity should be purchasable, but inactive while the Deadly Eraser drawback is active.

Embrace it. Become a ghost in Justice League Dark and be Ghost Jumper.

Drawbacks always go away at the end of a jump. That's drawbacks 101.

>53544878
When you realize Wildbow once said that: taylor survival were base on a dice roll....that when you realize how the fuck will humanity survive if taylor die

>event of dying how do you get your body back?
Many out of Jump methods like mentioned. But if you don't have any yet, you could always wait till next jump where you could get a new body by chosing a non Drop In Origin. Even the Drop In option can give a new body in most all instances (what with the age roll and all), unless it specifies you start exactly how you were at the end of the last lump

To reply to people, just click the number on their post. It puts the link into your post for you.

>Drawbacks always go away at the end of a jump. That's drawbacks 101
Yes? What does that have do do with what I said? What is this in reference to?

Okay, I know you're not the creator, but I have to say this Jump is really ugly looking. At least format it so paragraphs aren't split across pages like a civilized human being.

What Jumps give me the comfiest addons to my warehouse?

Artorius you twit, no one cares for your bird obsession

Interested in doing one and have some ideas noted but no claim or serious work on it.

That's where a shit ton of personal duplicates come in. Like don't get me wrong, my companions are good people and some might even be good parents. But do you know what's even better? Several hundred mind-linked clones of myself and an army of utterly loyal zombie nannies.

And yeah setting a good example is mostly it. Also I feel like being that terrible is eventually gonna put them in harm's way, so there's that too.

Giant projects like this are a lot of fun though. They give a lot of direction to something that might be pretty aimless otherwise. I'll just have to like... Figure out a less horrible way of doing it. Definitely recommend trying one of your own if you haven't already.

Good news user:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51638184/#51644576

Formatting isn't a strong point in the majority of jumps on the drive.

Stranger Things blanket fort combined with Lord of Light's Opulent Warehouse.

If this is about the Eraser, the base version is NOT structured as a drawback; it is something built into the "Your a Toon" thing Toons have. Like a Vampires being weak to sunlight and Kryptons to Kryptonite. Currently it is endemic to the form and would be active whenever you are in toon form.

Eraser Immunity is a Perk that removes the weakness.
Deadly Eraser is a Drawback the makes the vulnerability worse during the jump.

Yeah i know but this one is kind of ugly even by basic standards.

we just don't know

Hmm. I don't mind having a bimbo/airhead Ninetails in my harem. Considering how intelligent most of my other companions are it would create a sort of balance.

>When you realize Wildbow once said that: taylor survival were base on a dice roll....that when you realize how the fuck will humanity survive if taylor die
I still say Wildbow was bullshitting when he said that. He trolls too much plus he has a bit of an ego that I have no problem believing that he said that to make himself look better. Rolling for some of the others I can buy but not Taylor.

Besides making Aegis the protagonist would have been a terrible choice. On the other hand making New Wave the protagonists would have been good but the story would still have suffered from escalation that ruins everything.

>bimbo/airhead
>Ninetales
Ninetales is one of the smarter Pokemon, actually. Easily human level.

Good old hiveminds solve many problems indeed. Your zombie nannies instantly made me think of an army of Marry Poppins-esque zombies, all dainty and dressed nice, but with missing jaws or an eye hanging out and assorted strange skin tones.

Mmmm, yeah, both good points (although it's hard to threaten them at the point you sound like you're at). I suppose as long as you're still having fun in the end it'll all work out.

Hohoho boy, you are preaching to the choir brother. Not a chain goes by that I don't organize some kind of project, and the good chains have multiple, at least one super massive one. I love my projects, it's basically the hardest thing I work on in my chains.

Ah, like right now I'm working on building up my own city ship because I wanted a place that persisted between Jumps that I and my companions could call a home, a place where I can allow all the monsters and monstrous races I make to settle. I named it the Echidna since it's basically the "mother of all monsters", nurturing them within its metal walls.

It used to be an Arcadia Class ship but renovations with a hive race I made (named Apito) scaled it up over a hundred times over. I did a bunch of math, guesstimating how long it might take to build something the size of the Arcadia, finding a container ship IRL that was a similar size, looking into South Korean Census information to see about how many working hours it took to build. Figuring out much harder this would be based on ship complexity and the hours I had available, the efficiency of my workforce, etc. It's like, over five times the size of New York for square kilometers, and- gah, too much to go over in one post.

Point is, I adore my projects, love them to bits.

To make it harder for wolves to hunt then.

In case the author reads this:

>Quick Change
Perfect disguise is too good for 50cp. It should only last a few seconds and not work against the same person repeatedly.

>Squash and Stretch
Complete immunity to blunt damage for a discounted 500cp in this low danger jump?

>Hammerspace Lock
>Hammerspace Thief
How do these perks that treat hammerspace as a real pocket dimension fit this genre at all?

>Unlimited Anvil Works
All these super strong ability packages and conceptual effects and you charge 600cp to summon anvils?

>Reality Warper
Permanently turning all attacks against you non-lethal isn't okay for 600cp, much less the 100 you're offering it for.

>Director
The perk would be fine... but you just had to add that immunity to time stop onto it. What is the basis for characters in this genre being immune to time stop?

>Eraser Immunity
Why offer immunity to Drop-Ins who by default aren't vulnerable to it in the first place? Also, acid immunity is too good for 100cp.

>Mundane Mondays
Why is super, area of effect Imagine Breaker only 400CP?

It does make me wonder how Aegis's powers could have been used as a deus ex machina to defeat Zion, though. Just as a thought experiment, assuming Wildbow wasn't lying. Like, Taylor getting her shard jailbroken and going from controlling bugs to controlling everything and then coordinating everyone to perfect effectiveness makes sense as a way to stop the Warrior Entity. But what anti-Zion method could you derive from physiology that adapts to any wound by creating redundant organs out of undamaged flesh?

Gotta agree with . Ninetales are generally considered quite smart as far as Pokemon go.

Mawile is a superior Pokemon in any case.

Thirding the whole "Ninetales are pretty damn smart" thing. Heck, my own Ninetales (starter, named Taylor) is basically the smartest person in my companion circle by a wide margin. That being said, Pokemon can vary drastically from one to the next, so maybe his is just dumb.

Aegis has his biology go crazy and he turns into a babby entity. Maybe he loses his humanity and flies off into space afterwards.

>will humanity survive if taylor die
Because if you look closely she doesn't matter at all. Flechette mattered, to have the super-weapon reach Scion. Noah matters, because his 'Look Human' shard reminded Scion of his dead mate and made him apathetic at a critical moment. The Khepri was just throwing stuff at a wall until something stuck. But what ended up sticking didn't need her at all.

She was completely replaceable in the grand scheme.

The only thing Taylor brought to the table was experience being bullied, which lead to the whole "Hey Zion, don't these shapeshifters look like your DEAD WAIFU?!" angle.

Hell, even going full Khepri Taylor lost the mind control fight with Goddess (and lost it so hard Goddess' minions also escaped her control) until she started using Canary's power to back her own.

Taylor's greatest asset in the end was how much of a pathetic scumbag she was.

That's why you go to overwatch; infinite robot bodies to possess way easier than other people's if your god machine makes them custom outta your ominium.

They are pure and wholesome zombie nannies, so that is not entirely inaccurate.

A city ship sounds like a lot of fun. A persistent city ship that you can work on for the hundreds (or even thousands) of years available to a Jumper? Even better. Filling it up with handcrafted artisanal monster goodness? Fuck yea. Making your own hive race is pretty cool too, must be handy.

I've gotta admire all the effort you put into figuring that stuff out though, makes me want to put in some similar work in this new chain of mine. Important stuff like that is worth the work, anyway.

>Mawile is a superior Pokemon in any case.
True.

Maybe if his shard was jailbroken he'd be able to take over scions true body if he could get access to it? Turn his power into some form of non manton limited biokinesis.

Personally I want to know how exactly Parian is supposed to be able to fight Behemoth.

>Personally I want to know how exactly Parian is supposed to be able to fight Behemoth.

wut?

For your good taste, have another Mawile.

>Reminder that one stint in the locker wasn't enough

But that's wrong

According to Wildbow her power has a special application that's effective against Behemoth. He hasn't said anything about what it is though.

WB claims that there's some use for her power that would work well against Behemoth. I have no idea where the post is or what the exact wording was, but it's something like "she could potentially slow him down significantly."

Naturally, he refuses to say what it is and claims it will be revealed in a short story that he's been promising for, I think, years now.

Olliver, not Noah. And Taylor mattered because without her the superweapon wouldn't have been made. That thing only existed because she used her mind-slaving to get Shen Yu to do the Yangban treatment over every Tinker in existence, merging and dividing between them all their Tinkertech specialties so they could work together without any issues. Without her mind-slaving Shen Yu, he would have just been hiding in the Yangban's dimension. And Taylor also helped coordinate all the various emotional assaults, whether Olliver alone would have been enough is unclear.

But that's not really my point. Whether or not things could have been done without Taylor, I'm just wondering what the equivalent of her little final dramatic arc would have been. You know, the "protagonist does something risky to defeat Zion, starts winning, starts losing super hard when Zion recovers, and then resorts to psychological warfare long enough for the things they set up to kill him" arc. What risky thing would Aegis have done?

A Squirtle is fine too.

Why would everyone be working together if Taylor didn't drag them all into the fight? China was shunted off into it's own dimension and everyone was still doing the petty squabbling thing. She's a bitch, but she wasn't useless.

To be fair, getting shit on more wouldn't make her any better. Real friends which aren't criminals might have, but that's a lot of effort for no real reward.

Wartortle gets a lot less cute once you realized that its tail is meant to be a turtle's cloacal gills. Yeah, turtles can breath water through their cloaca.

>without her the superweapon wouldn't have been made
Obviously things wouldn't have happened exactly the same way in the theoretical version where Taylor died, but there was such a huge amount of time between when dice would have supposedly been rolled that he totally could have written in another plot device that would have either facilitated the super weapon, or just something besides a tinker super-weapon that could have been used. Maybe jailbroken Aegis would have involved mind control to some degree.

Its a cute cloaca then

Do your nannies have any special abilities like being able to tell a mean story time or somehow touch ghosts so they can tuck them in?

Mm! I've really been enjoying the work so far. Much of the ship was constructed out of monster based metals I worked a bit after harvesting and had reproduced through Supreme Commander's Mass Fabricators modified a bit with some technology I'd developed for monster making. I have the Apito already on the ship taking care of future construction and ship maintenance, I just introduced Angels (a personal blend variety) who are working with the Apito to start building schools, libraries, internet infrastructure and clinics inside some subspaces I have around the ship, made with Non-Euclidean Mind (from Creepypasta) and have another 18 races lined up for introduction over the next 7 or so Jumps. Very busy.

Thank you very much! It's hard sometimes, especially when your heart isn't in it, but it really is worth it to look over all that you've made when you're finally finished. I think I have a harder time not putting in lots of details when I really care about stuff. And by the by, your description of your castle and ghosts and children already tells me you're putting in a lot of effort, just gotta keep up the good work.

>True.
I mean, Mawile is great, but is it a giant floof that you can pet and scratch with nine whole tails of mega floof swaying behind it?

True. Sorry, I thought your objection was about Taylor being necessary in her own narrative. I agree that things could have gone differently in an Aegis-focused narrative, and not required him to be jailbroken at all. I just like to hypothesize. The idea of jailbroken shards is kind of a cool one, "what happens to this power when you remove all the safety limits" is a fun angle of speculation to me.

>that's a lot of effort for no real reward.
Using Doormaker to repeatedly shove her into various lockers, then using OOC stuff to follow her to the afterlife post-suicide so you can shove her soul into a locker, is a lot of effort for very little reward. "Very little" is more than "no real," so given the choice you should torment her more.

Maybe Behemoth is like a dog and you just need to make a big enough collar for it. Or worse, a sweater