/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Veeky Forums League signups Open!

Season 8 Veeky Forums Fumbbl League signups are open. If you haven't played with us before, it's a good time to join, as we are in the AGE OF NUFFLE™. Only fresh team applications will be accepted, no returning teams, everyone is on the same starting line this season. PM MauledByTheTigers or Pizzapocalypse on Fummbl for details.

Also, news on new TT releases from Warhammer Fest: warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

BB2 Legendary Edition will be shown at E3 in a couple weeks.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

Previous Thread:

>not using the Bob and Jim league shilling edit for the OP

One fucking job.

Well you've certainly done a fine job posting it now.

If you're considering playing dorfs or chorfs next season, reconsider.
Reconsider your life.

t. lizard player

Reconsider even if you want to play any av9 team. This is FUN territory now.

Repostan

Right then.

For this season, we're at a position were Signups are now OPEN. As usual, applying your team to the group and PMing myself on FUMBBL is how you get in.

The only change relevant this season is that from now on, only fresh teams will be allowed to join the Rookies, and as such the league.

Don't remove your old teams from the group though, they might see the sunlight once again one day.

Going forward, there will be TV limits rather than season limits or anything at the start of Veterans seasons, details still to be fully worked out in due course.

We're now in the Age of Nuffle, so I call on everyone to use this chance to start afresh by trying new teams, new playing styles and new hot memes. I'll be giving some form of Elves a crack myself, why not.

PM MauledByTheTigers on FUMBBL sorry

So are signups open or something? I can't tell

I don't think so better PM MauledbyTheTigers

So I was bored at work, and I came up with a neat way of numbering miniatures. Can't say for sure I'm the first person to think of it though.
You reserve numbers 1 through 16 for your linemen or whatever 0-16 grunts your team gets, while your positionals and big guys get numbers 17 through 26. When you use one, switch out a lineman with the matching ones digit. Now Blitzer #21 occupies the #1 spot on the roster sheet and d16, and the spot can be easily filled again with a fresh lineman if he gets trashed in a league game. Essentially, #21 now reads as Alternate #1

I like to play blood bowl but I'm not very good and I have way too much fun hitting players to actually win the games I'm in, so I just kind of look at these leagues from a distance.

Man, don't let something as petty as losing stop ya. Grab some goats or orcs and start punchin' stuff.

Any chaos veterans mind chipping in?

I know the minotaur is considered at best sub optimal or just a complete waste at worst.

In that regard, what exactly does Chaos have going for it with just warriors and beastmen?

They are considered crap but what exactly are the unique and positive qualities the chaos roster have from early, mid and late tv without the mino?

You get a bunch of dudes that can hit hard, but not too keen on carrying the ball. Though early on they don't have a lot of skills.

But once they get some? Spent leagues of just losing players left and right to chaos because of all the claw and piling on. Most of those games went 1-0 in either my or their favor.

Really they just start off strong, but limited, and as they develop they smash face harder and get a little better at grabbing the ball.

Thanks man. I dabbled in chaos briefly but only did block, mb and claw as i knew clawpomb was practically an exploit.

With Po getting gutted are chaos still considered adequately dead killy?

It means you hit your strongest point earlier on and it frees up a skill at higher TV for more utility. So the killing is weaker, but it is for everyone.

I'd say so. Can't doubt a bunch of ST4 and dudes with horns. I guess it's not as easy to take out problem players with PO being changed, but kick them enough times and they'll be less of a problem.

Thanks anons. Really been liking chaos a ton lately so wanted to see the situation. After my claw mino did jack and got himself killed im trying to get non mino chaos to work. Cheers.

Best part of Chaos is that if you get lucky injuries early on, you have 4 guys with ST4 and AG3.

Ya I love the chaos warriors. Look amazing, tough as nails, solid blockers and quick enough.

Managed to rough house and overpower chaos dwarfs who were like 1450 tv. Was very pleasantly surprised.

Witness poorfag bowl

Looking good.

Looks pretty legit.

>I'm not very good
You'll fit right in.

I'd play it.

Looks good mate. Might even beat seeing a table covered in grey plastic.

>FUMBBL portraits

Nice

>I have way too much fun hitting players to actually win the games I'm in
then play an ogre team

St4 Mighty blow/claw. The reason they killed piling on was specifically because getting to high TV was a good way to literally get murdered by chaos teams. Mutations on the beastmen also gives access to interesting ball handling choices, though chaos is usually content to cage and murder.

Interesting, are those pictures printed on board paper and are they double sided?

never forget, poorfagbowl was official at one point

Theyre printed on normal paper, theyre suppoded to be printed front and back but theyre misaligned so its on 2 papers

The board is also paper, it costed as much as the dice (5€) so I hope to cut it and stick it over cardboard or something

I'll upload the player templates later, I took em off some random spanish forum so theyre in spanish, except orcs and humans which I already changed to play with

It was p nice considering the whole setup is like 13€ top

> Bretonnians in BB2

Praise the sun. They're so much fun but I find they get a bit repetitive and they lose hard vs bashy teams. Why's this game so perfectly imbalanced?

Any recommendations on a fun BB2 dlc team? Thinking Khemri or Lizardmen but don't want to waste my neobucks

Nice appropriation of the Team Manager chips.

Give Chorfs a try.

I wish I still had my cope of this. It was fantastic.

That looks nice mate. Did you have to get it printed at a stationers?

We have a plotter printer at work thinking about it.

Does anyone in here have the rules ebook?

Also, are Dwarfs considered good? I just annihilated by brother's with my Orcs and he generally beats me.

Yes, they're good. Av9 on everything, block on everything, and tackle on linemen. Shit's ridiculous.

dwarfs are at their peak 1200 tv - 1600 tv. before 1200 tv they don't have enough guard to fight bash teams (orcs) and after 1600 tv they face lots of claw which destroys them

Tomorrow I have a game against Chaos Dwarfs, a exhibition match TV1000 no special characters and no advances, we are still learning the rules

he will bring 2 centaurs, 6 dwarf guards and 4 Hobgoblin, 2 RR, 2ff

I will play with my beastmen team(chaos chosen) pic related

So, what do I have to take to have a chance to win? What do I have to avoid?
Today my opponent play against Human team (ogre, 4 blitzers, 5 lineman, 1 thrower, 1 catcher) and he wreck the human face, the game ended 2-0 with 6 wounded players

I was thinking on use 2 warriors and 10 beastmen, 3 rr, 2ff or should I use another list?

Thanks in advance

>The following people have not read this conversation: MauledByTheTigers

Every player on a chaos team has access to Claw and Mighty Blow on singles. Also every blitz is at st 4

I'd suggest more Warriors.
If you think you can avoid rolling poorly on the Wild Animal test, I might suggest a minotaur too. The chorfs are gonna make mincemeat out of your goats, and you'll need to kill their mobility by putting the hobgobs on the floor.
In a one-off match, fan factor is usually safe to ignore.

Thanks for the heads up anons. I went 4 Chaos Warrior exhibition match vs Orcs without mino. I got 1-0 and the 3rd RR literally saved my offense. Think I'll try that from now on, I thought without a Minotaur I'd get butchered but I kept the line strong. Bit of luck helped too of course, thanks to Nuffle.

Don't use 2ff. You're gonna need as much tv as possible.

The most standard roster is

>4 warriors
>7 beastmen
>3 RR

Chaos Dwarfs are hard, probably one of the hardest you can fight up against in starting TV.

Formation is crucial but I don't know how to show it here. But if you want to be safe

>put 3 beastmen on the line
>deploy DEEP - 7-8 squares in
>let him come to you
>DO NOT pick up the beastmen on the LOS until he has passed them or only has 2-3 CD left marking/Hobbos
>ALWAYS START AS KICKER

Focus on separating his Cdorfs and "trade" marking. I.e knock over two, trash mark with a beastman to immobilize them for a turn.

Offense do the same. Knock over 2-3 Chaos Dorfs, and mark with one player.

Do NOT leave any player in a tackle zone of a chaos dwarf intentionally, let him come to you.

Minotaur can work, especially if he is just a local pubstomper. You can 3d block the dwarfs if you get an assist and blitz with the mino.

Problem is the Cdorfs got the power to bring him down and Mino's don't like getting hit.

Be sure to always keep one beastman lineback on offense (protect your carrier) or defense.

Use your Warriors sparingly and one man mark the chaos dwarfs to force commitment.

Its hard, but good luck. Its very much possible to beat the lineup.

Maybe I had some lucky rolling then.

I've generally had bad luck with the Orcs.

Thanks I will try that

Bit of a noob here but I see people talking about TV1200 and 1600 etc.

I take it this is gold coin allowance or something? ie. 1,200,000 gold coins?

Good luck man. Report back how you do.

Not quite. You start of with 1000,000 (1000k for short). As you play in a league or matchmaking environment, your players gain new skills and they get more expensive.

You can also get money after each match which you can spend on new players or other things like rerolls for your team, increasing their cost (team value).

Dwarves don't have the best matchup against Orcs. It's not bad, but their tackles only help against goblins and a lot of orcs have their own blocks. Their armor/thick skull is only a bit better than orcs, so it's difficult to bash them down.

If you want to have a laff, a fresh roster of dwarves vs. amzons is always a riot.

godspeed son. Chorfs are a tough team to play against at low value.

I've heard people argue that wood elves fuck up zons more than dwarves

You don't need a hammer to crack an egg, user. 'Zons can outmaneuver dwarves, but elves are tougher to get away from when they want to tag you.

Well that and the strip ball as Zons (and the far shittier norse) don't have innate sure hands. And Surehands may not be a priority to a team that wants to spread around spp and already gets free rerolls on all dodges making it so the 3-4 team rerolls can be used on ball handling

Anyone here tried one of the 'new' teams from the BB app in any games yet?

I wish fumbbl worked on mobile. I used to play til my computer busted and have to wait now. Shit is suffering.

Well, smash the wardancers and you should be okay. At low TV at least.

yeah, go for it lad, wish that was available to me, then the dice would've been the most expensive thing out of the whole setup

>buying dice

I painted my own dice, painted the grid lines on my pitch by hand and made my own plastic throwing range rulers. I made my teams from old warhammer miniatures and sculpted football armour on them, and used an MDF offcut for the board. The most expensive part of my bloodbowl setup was laminating the dugouts.

Bow to my poorfaggotry.

I've since splurged to get the new GW dwarf and orc teams because they're so pretty.

Fuck man Cyanide dice are my wet dream, how'd you paint them?

Do you have any pics of your setup?

I just freehanded them.

I actually screwed up the faces a little bit, I think the faces are meant to be aligned differently (since in my set-up one axis of dice throwing only has push and knock-downs) but this doesn't matter much since my gaming buddies give the dice a good shake.

Pic is my ice-cream stick scoreboard

Here is my set-up. I since re-painted the Undead team to have purple armour.

those are great man, I love the scoreboard

Solid stuff. I really like the paint scheme for both teams but that red really rocks on those Chaos Dwarfs.

Would you have a front view of the Wight on the top left? That looks like a pretty cool figurine.

Those varnished at all? I'd hate to see that paint rub off.

Nice man. what do the signs hang on? Pegs? Magnets?

Season 8 deadline when?

Not yet, I'm really intrigued by the slayer team, but I have no idea how to build them. This os a problem as I really, really want to get a full team BB Troll Slayer models.

May need to buy some general slayer models and kitbash them to look different.

Are those teams official by tabletop standard?

No, they're experimental and only meant to be used with approval by your opponent or league manager.

So I lost 0-2

I use
7 beastmen, 3 warriors and 1 Minotaur, 2 RR and 1FF to round 1000000

I lose because I was trying to hit my opponent instead of score first half and that was a HUGE mistake and the dice were awful, also my opponent plays vidya BB so he knows what is doing, also wild animal checks where brutal, I pass checks only on the last four turns on the second entry and on the second entry I understand what I have to do in order to win but my opponent score 2 on the first half and I could not score, but made him to be worried

As Cdrorfs, those centaurs are fast, Hobgoblin are ok and guards are tough. Also the team is more forgiving that chaos

This was my deployment it was awful

If you are on defense don't set up on the line with more than you have to.

I think this are the teams some one post it on the last thread

They pointed out they were missing things on those charts.

>he isn't playing dorfs in the new tv 1000 league
>laughing zons.jpg

Here is the corrected version.

Mistakes were made
And also bad rolls

the pestilent vermin team looks kinda hard to play.
It looks like they should try to throw a lot of bombs, but their linemen can mess that up.

On the other hand, they can make it extra har dfor the opponent to catch them, too.

>touching base with the ball carrier

How did this happen?

they have p access which means hail mary pass, and hail mary always works on a 2+, regardless of negative modifiers. so you could have 4 bombers at the endzone lobbing bombs across the pitch on a 2+ every turn

Also, what is this picture showing? Did you throw a -2 block against the centaur and already lay your piece down or did you throw a -2 against the ball carrier, and if so, why didn't you stand up your beastman first?

Still needs the star players, skills, and inducements.

The goblin is the ball carrier, the ball base is too big
The pic show an attempt to blitz withoutreroll left
Many of my turns were both down or attacker down it was frustrating

Also pic second half deployment the Minotaur was so good tarping guards but rolling into ones he was useless

Yeah, the thing is I don't see how you managed to get a 2-block there. If you were blitzing the ball carrier, that's -2d because the centaur and dwarf are supporting. If you were blitzing the centaur with your laid out character, then that's 1d because the centaur has s4.

Also, I assumed the hobgob was the ball carrier, but you're still touching bases (just means adjacent)

Horns and the support of the warrior think it was
Or I was -2d and I was trying to stop the advance I don't remember the details

Maybe that's a Guard Beastman.

1000 TV match.

That is correct
I used to have a beastmen army so I use the miniatures for a chaos team
Old beastmen are beastmen
New beastmen are chaos warriors

Right, but the Beastman doesn't have the skill guard, does it?

No, just horns

I'm the user that threw that pdf together. In the thread I pulled the stats from, they were only talking about the new teams. Nobody was mentioning any of the other app content, so I didn't know to include it..

>The Dark Mountain Spiders are one of the more unusual teams on the circuit, made up entirely of gigantic, mutated creepy-crawlies. They’ve always struggled to maintain a fanbase; it’s hard to say whether this is more because of their rather niche appeal, or their habit of celebrating a win by cocooning everyone in the stands to feed their young.

I kinda lowkey want to make a team kitbashed from the human team and tyranid/gsc bits now, but I've already got 4 teams still only half-painted.

user it was a good try and honestly regardless who you went, this was an uphill battle from the first kick.

I will echo what said. You got to work with formation there.

I will try to screenshot my own formation I use to great effect vs Orcs and Cdorfs.

I am sorry to hear that, Chaos really, REALLY rely on average to decent dice rolls at first or they get squashed.

The Minotaur looks good on paper but I myself have quickly learned you are much better going the 4 Warriors, 3 RR, 7 Beastman build. You have far more control and with two re-rolls, a bit more manageability when crap hits the fan.

Next time man but 10/10 on the photo and miniatures, they look great.

Here is the defense formation I use to great effect. If you decide to stick to 3 warriors and one mino, replace one of the beastmen deployed behind the outward Chaos Warriors centre field with him.

For reference, the first rank behind the LoS is set up 3 squares in from center field.

Your plan is to ALWAYS, without fail, keep two beastmen centre field as linebacks. Do not commit to any scrum. "Snipe" him for any marked up players by way of blitzing with beastman. Never follow up and pull back.

Attempt to "trade" with Chaos dwarfs by knocking over two and marking with a rookie beastman. Solo mark isolated Cdorf with a Chaos Warrior as they try to advance to your side.

Also

>ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS START AS KICKER

This puts a huge amount of pressure on him, as well as lets you get an idea on how he plays.

Furthermore even if he scores, it gives you two attempts to recover K.Os.

Hope this helps.

Talking of setups.

Playing goblins I tend to setup in a way to maximize either taking the ball (though unlikely to score with it, but I'll draw shit out), or to focus down some key or special player they have.

Often this lets me do just that, kill their best runners and such and drag the game out. But sometimes the opponent realizes exactly what I'm doing and manages to play around it and being a bunch of squishy goblins with illegal weapons and really stupid trolls I'm easily pushed out.

So what would be some other goblin coaches setups? I'd assume most others would aim to actually make touchdowns and not get them by chance.

Try this for defense.

-----|--------GGG|-----
-----|----------------|------
-----|G----G----G|------
-----|-----T--T------|-----
-----|-------L-------|----
-----|-----G--G----|-----

Works vs the basher teams like Chaos, Humans, Nurgle, and o a lesser extent Orcs. Keeps your Looney safe as well on defense.

For Dwarfs you want to deploy super deep. Same LoS but one or two lines away from the end zone, deploy like this

--------|----------|-------
-----G|T---G--T|G----
-------|G--L---G|-----

Let the Dwarfs come to you and keep your battered LOS down. This is for damage control at lower TV and assures that no matter what dice he gets, he can only hit you 4 times (including the first 3 blocks on the LOS) over two or three turns. That is huge.

L is for Looney. Granted I only use the Looney for the weapon but you can easily replace him with the bomber, though I find him far too dangerous to field.

Offense is another kettle of fish and is really hard until you get a troll with Guard.

If they go for a super strong all-men on LOS type thing, you must chip the sides, preferably one. One troll on the edge to blitz up a wing, another to set up a 3d block with two assists.

Unlike Defense though I wouldn't have any other offensive formation suggestions unfortunately as opponents defense dictates so much.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tend to open with the looney and keep fanatic and bomma for later. Luckily I've been doing well with the bomma (enough so I got hail mary pass, then he died).

But next league meet I'll keep those in mind. Dwarf player has been my bane of late.

Just remember if you win the toss start as kicker, that way you can at least go for the draw. That doesn't just apply to dwarfs but to everyone.

Its really unorthadox but keeping your gobbies back and having the assurance you can go a full turn or two without him touching you does some huge favours in damage control.

>Luckily I've been doing well with the bomma (enough so I got hail mary pass, then he died).

RIP.

I have gotten back into BB2 since the new Goblin tabletop release, even playing on tabletop with my friend.

I've taken up Chaos again and this is my current roster and it has played 23 games.

I've used Chaos before but mainly with the Minotaur (with extremely mixed results) and since he died on this team, for the last 9 games I've stuck to 4 warriors.

The problem is, my Warriors as great as they've been are not developing quick at all and only recently got all block. Worse still, two games before one of my block warriors got -1 AV.

How should I progress my team further?

There is only so much high level TV teams I can fight while developing at the same time.

I've even had Lord Borak in the last 4/6 matches to give context.

Any advice?

For context, I am 12 wins, 5 draws and 6 losses with the team.