I need your ideas Veeky Forums

Disclaimer : if you don't like light-hearted, kinda stupid campaigns or D&D 3.5, this thread is not made for you.

Hi there everyone !

DM here, my group and I are going to finish a really dark and depressing campaign of Cthulhu meets WoD and I want to thank them for the great (if depressing) time we had this year with a fun, not serious at all small campaign of D&D 3.5 with a lot of random tables, funny ideas and pic related as a magic dungeon.

I already have the basis : a rift in reality happens in my everyday 3.5 setting (which is often silly already) and a group of people (don't even need to be adventurers) gets trapped in a strange dimension that has unpredicatble rules and they need to get out of before going as mad as the people they find there.

First of all, I'm gonna use the Grog of Substantial Whimsy (TM) as the only source of hydration in the dungeon (since it is the place where they invented it and that's why everything has gone crazy).

Second, I need you ! I have more than 750 rooms to fill and even if I don't 'plan' them all because there is only so much hours in the day, I need your ideas of weird encouters, elaborate devices and traps all in a spirit of really simple enjoyment.

I'll post some ideas I already have during the day and read you with pleasure.

For those who don't know : dandwiki.com/wiki/Grog_of_Substantial_Whimsy_(3.5e_Equipment)

OP here

Here's one of my ideas

>The Cone of Uncertainty

In the middle of a room, there's a cone on a pedestal, protected by thick glass. It appears to be made of wood and painted bright green. It is around 40cm tall and the base has a diameter of about 20cm.

The only power this object has is that it confuses and fascinates people. Why is it here ? Why is it protected ? What is it ? What does it do ? Why would someone put it on a pedestal ?

The answers being : because the mages created it by mistake, because people would spend their lifes wondering about it if it was in the open, it's a cone made of wood, nothing in particular, because even trying to hide it never worked since the mages were so fascinated about it they had to put it were they could see it.

Another one for you

>The Sphinx

We all know the classic tale of the Sphinx that tells riddles and eat those who can't answer but this one has been there for so long and has met so many crazy mages that could answer his riddles that he doesn't have any ideas left.

So instead of telling the players riddles she will ask them to tell her riddles and if she can't answer, let them pass through.

And another one

>The Dice Room

Take a cubic room inhabited by weird flying creatures and have the PC fighting them... Except each time something looses hp in the room, gravity shifts to a random wall determined by assigning a number to each wall and throwing a D6.

Get a PDF of the world's largest dungeon. It's made for 3.5 and uses every monster in the manual. Its a great random dungeon room reference.

It's all fine and dandy but the idea is not just to throw random monsters at peopl but to create unpredictable situations that do not always require a shovel to the face of something.

>The Mage of Nakedness

Players get in a room in which a naked wizard with a beard so long it hides his body almost completely (thank God). The room is littered with skeletons mysteriously holding pants, shirts and shoes tightly in their hands.

The wizard is completely paranoid and tries to attack the players with a great power, screaming nonsense and casting deadly spells. The only solution to prevent him from using his magic is to put a piece of clothing on him.

They must stop a powerful barbarian horde from burning down the sun.

I'm sorry what ?

>The potion maker

In the room that's in the center of the dungeon there is a dragon that seems to be preparing lots and lots of drinks. He is friendly but refuses to give up his precious drinks unless the PCs can bring him valuable items to replace it.

He can get the almost anything they want (although the more precise and powerful the drink, the more expensive it will be). Potions to cancel effects of the grog, to cure illnesses, to grow stronger etc...

He will accept payment in magic objects, ingredients for potions and potions (not the grog obviously since he is the creator of it.)

>The mimic room

A big room filled with all sorts of treasure, weaponry and useful items. Unfortunately everything in this room (besides the party) is a mimic. That is, except for one single thing that isn't a mimic. They have to figure out what that thing is before they are devoured by the ceiling, which is a horrible gaping toothy maw that gets lower every time they pick the wrong thing.

>The room with another set of 750 rooms

I like that thank you

For the exit the characters have to find, there are some options like convince the Lord Dragon or get his wife to threaten him but the easiest and also stupidest solution is to go in the kitchen room were traumatized servants prepare meals for the few functionning people around and pull the fire alarm.

Have a look see at the maze of the blue Medusa, that's 300 rooms right there

Can't find the PDF but thank you for the idea

It would be in the /osrg/ trove

Another idea

>The mushroom people

In one of the biggest rooms, filled with plants and vines, live a small village of mushroom people. They used to be humans but were in the castle when it was transported away and became mushrooms by drinking the grog and now their major concern is that there isn't enough humidity in their room. If the players succeed in helping them with it they will give them pic related which was in the room when they arrived.

>The D20

When rolled, the magical object determines a number. The player that threw it will now make the same result on his next dice roll whatever the circumstances but he takes a -1 on every other test for a day each time he rolls the magical dice.

I have an idea: the reverse pit trap.
>looks like normal pit trap
>entire bottom floor of pit is a sonic the hedgehog esque spring
>ceiling is lined with super glue

But how would they get out of it ?

>Room of Falling Snowflakes
Every player has to complete a grammatically correct statement explaining why they are unique and deserve special treatment, but all the words have to be unique, even across the players. If they fail they must make a charisma save dc 15 or feel oppressed.

>MC Escher Stairs Room

I don't know. Someone come up with a cool goal for an MC Escher stairs room. All I can think of is the Five Godhand and Jareth the Goblin King.

>The Mirror verse

Each wall plus the ceiling and floor are unbreakable mirrors. Imediately they feel like something is off until they notice their reflections awkwardly staring at them.

There is only the door they came in through and its reflection. The reflections swear that they just made a bad turn and are bickering like a bunch of old women with ocasionaly helpful tips. The party has to find a way to use the door's reflection as a real door to proceed